• Published 3rd Sep 2022
  • 4,776 Views, 160 Comments

Fluffiest Misadventures - tranhdxrbntd



Fluffy Yakutian Horse from egalitarian culture visits RGRE Equestria and gets harassed because of culture clash. Inspired by "The Long and Short of It" by SQA

  • ...
18
 160
 4,776

Chapter 4: A Walk in the Park

Snowball ducked down random streetways, making sure he didn't make a single noise as he made his escape. He deliberately chose paths that was sparse in the pedestrian department. The tall buildings went by him until he found himself in a big open field covered in a thick layer of snow. The snow was so deep that he could jump into it and sink all the way up to his body. Scattered in random areas of the field were thousands of trees, more trees than he had seen in his entire life up to this life. Overcasting the field was a large low altitude blanket of clouds that were actively snowing, constantly refreshing the coverage on the ground. Strangely enough, even with the strong winds that he could feel, the clouds refused to move as if they were anchored in place.

Aside from the trees, this reminded him of home, a vast field of snow.

He could see the occasional group of ponies in the field, they were distant enough and making enough noise that he could actively avoid them in this area. All the way on the other side of this field, he could see his intended destination, the tall building that he thought would be Canterlot Castle.

-X-X-X-

The two still-conscious bat ponies, after they made sure their compatriot was fine, helped up the two day guards that the Yakutian knocked down while the third day guard got up to her hooves. One of the bat ponies, after finishing up with helping up the day guard she was assisting, angrily tried to shove the day guard that had attempted the sideswipe takedown. "What in the tartarus was that?!"

The larger earth pony day guard ate the shove, unfazed by the failed shove from the smaller bat pony. "You had him! I don't know why you didn't try to take him down yourself!" she yelled back.

The bat pony facehoofed. "Why would we take him down?! We're supposed to protect and escort him to the castle!"

The earth pony mare returned a look of incredulity to the thestral. "What in the buck are you talking about!?" she demanded.

The night guard pulled her hoof off of her face. "The Yakutian?" The day guard had a look of confusion on her face that the night guard clearly noticed. "The latest diplomat to visit Equestria, the one from Yakut?" The look of confusion only got worse. "Everypony, orders out."

The five conscious ponies all withdrew scrolls from somewhere in their armor and unrolled them. They all exchanged the scrolls and read them. The night guards were correctly looking for a Yakutian diplomat, described as 'a white furred, white maned stallion, with a thick winter coat and carrying a spear' while the day guards were also correctly looking for a crazed criminal assaulting random ponies described as 'a white furred, white maned stallion, with a thick winter coat and armed with a spear'. All conscious royal guards thought the same thing.

'Buuuuuuuuuuck.'

Author's Note: