• Published 3rd Sep 2022
  • 4,776 Views, 160 Comments

Fluffiest Misadventures - tranhdxrbntd



Fluffy Yakutian Horse from egalitarian culture visits RGRE Equestria and gets harassed because of culture clash. Inspired by "The Long and Short of It" by SQA

  • ...
18
 160
 4,776

Chapter 1: Snowball

A white stallion sat on a bench in a train accompanied only by a pair of saddlebags. It was the final leg of a long journey that spanned from the most northern train station on this continent to the center of it. Despite how long he had been in the train so far, he had been awake the whole time, watching the landscape around him move with a sense of childlike wonder.

It was a week before Hearth's Warming Eve and almost every other bench on the train was filled with holiday travelers. Some ponies, like the lone white stallion, were also looking at the moving landscape, taking in the sight of the freshly laden snow of many hard working pegasi. Others were asleep. The remaining, were staring at the lone white stallion.

There were many things about him that caught the eye. For one thing, he was all by his lonesome. There was no big strong mare to protect him in dangerous-for-lone-stallion times like these. Then, there was his fur. He sported, what appeared to be, the thickest, densest winter coat of pure white fur that anypony had every seen. Hanging around his neck, slightly compacting his thick neck fur, was a long triple chain silver necklace. Each link on the chain was engraved and attached to the middle chain below his neck was a large curved crescent that sported a wood panel on the middle half of the crescent's inner curve. Finally, the seat beside him held his saddlebags. Stuck between the saddlebags, sticking straight up, was a long blade single edged spear that had three barbs along the blade.

The spear was the primary reason why he hadn't been bothered by anypony else during the entire train ride. It was very standoffish. Why was he carrying such a thing and how had he taken it on the train? There was no way something like that was allowed on the train, especially in a stallion's possession! There was no chance that he was in the royal guard, with his fur (especially those unshorn fetlocks) like that!

There was a lot of questions to be answered, ones that would stay unanswered because the stallion had been dead silent the whole time. Even coming onto the train, no noise came from him, not even the clop of hooves.

All train rides had to come to an end and when it did, he politely waited until everypony else in the car got out first before silently trotting off of the car himself. The instant he stepped off of the train and into the station terminal, he was filled with a sense of amazement. There were hundreds, if not, thousands of ponies here! They were even taking up a significant amount of the space flying in the air! He had never seen this many ponies in one place before. Hell, he had probably seen less ponies in his lifetime than there were presently here! In addition to that, the sound of ponies milling about (their loud talking and the loud sound of hooves impacting the cobblestone) was a constant assault on his ears, even after he started pressing them flat against his head.

He stood there, ponies trotting and flying all around him, being wary of his spear. It'd probably be bad if he accidentally injured somepony here on his first day in Equestria. He had made it halfway to an assistance kiosk when a pair of pegasi mares in brilliantly decorated golden armor landed directly in front of him. He took a half step backwards, almost rearing up from the surprise.

"Hi, are you Snowball?" one of the mares practically yelled out, in an attempt to be heard over all of the background noise. The stallion, very clearly hearing the mare, nodded in response. "Yes, we're the royal guards assigned to intercept with you once you got here." The stallion nodded again in response, still deciding that silence was still in. "Canterlot castle is in the center of the city so it'll be a long trip there." The stallion nodded once again, not wanting to break his record.

The mare shrugged and turned to her compatriot. "Get the others to bring the sky carriage over." The other mare nodded and took to the skies. The first mare watched her compatriot fly away, making sure she went in the right direction. "It'll b-"

Her train of thought exploded off a cliff as when she looked back to the stallion, he was gone.