• Published 4th Feb 2023
  • 1,597 Views, 155 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 5) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion and Pony Guard face new friendship lessons and challenges as they continue to expand it across Equestria and the Pride Lands

  • ...
1
 155
 1,597

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 4: Castle Sweet Castle

Episode 4:

Castle Sweet Castle

Twilight was hard at work today and by that she is doing it by a cute little ferret clean. She decided to give her friends Fluttershy and Ono help in cleaning her dirty animal friends even if it meant them getting covered in mud as a result. Along with the egret having a few animals to pursue along the way since some of them decided to mess with him along with refusing to get cleaned.

“Get back here you filthy pigs! You need to get cleaned!” He shouted after the teasing and stubborn animals running away from him.

Sometime later just after cleaning the last one, Ono wiped away the sweat from his forehead, sighing in relief that they finally got the job done.

"Phew! That’s the last one! And thank goodness!” He declared before passing out onto the grass.

Fluttershy shook her head in amusement before turning to the alicorn princess. “Thanks for helping me get them so fresh and clean, Twilight."

"No problem, happy to do it!" She happily replied.

"You probably can't wait to get back to your castle and take your own bath, huh?"

Twilight however, widened her eyes in response before masking it with a smile. “Aren't there more animals that need cleaning?"

Fluttershy briefly looked on in surprise before replying. "I think you, Ono, and I are the only ones left, and I can't wait to get the mud out of my mane." Fluttershy said by trying to at least remove some of the mud with her already muddy hoof.

Twilight however not wanting to leave just yet anxiously looked around for an excuse. She smiled as she found a way to buy herself sometime when she noticed Angel Bunny behind her and quickly kicked him into the nearby mud puddle "Oh, no! Angel got dirty!" She said with faux surprise. "I'd better stay longer to help give him a bath too!" She quickly moved to start scrubbing the bunny behind the ears in the bucket of soapy water much to his dismay.

Ono having noticed this turned to Fluttershy with a curious and concerned look wondering what was that about. Fluttershy just shrugged allowing Twilight’s company for the time being. “Fluttershy?”

“It’ll only take just a little bit to do a little clean up job. Can’t be that bad, right?” Fluttershy replied even if she did find something odd about it herself.

Question is what?

Later on when it was now time for the sun to set, Ono, Fluttershy, and Twilight were all now inside the cottage. Both the Pegasus and egret managed to clean themselves up while Twilight was still covered in mud, being too preoccupied with drying off the newly clean Angel Bunny.

"Thank you ever so much for staying to give Angel a bath too, but, um... I think he's dry."

“Huh? Ooh!” She pretended to realize before ceasing to do so. When she removed the towel off of the annoyed bunny…his fur became as puffy and poofy as Pinkie’s mane. “Oops.” She passed it off as an accident with a sheepish grin.

Seeing this had Fluttershy wanting to find a way to get Twilight to go home. As much as she liked having her around, at this point the princess had now overstayed her welcome.

"Goodness! It's gotten late! You really didn't have to stay all day. Not that we don't appreciate it. Isn't that right, Angel?" He grunted in agreement.

“I know.” She admitted. “But I mean it’s the least I could do.” She then eyed something. "Oh, are those cobwebs? I better take care of them before I go.” She then levitated a feather duster and started cleaning the bird houses inside the cottage.

Fluttershy realized she needed to try a different approach. "I for one am exhausted." she yawned. "Plus, I really need to rest up for that big pancake breakfast tomorrow. And I'm sure you have to get the castle ready.”

Twilight heavily sighed seeing that Fluttershy would like for her to leave right now. “Okay. Probably for the best.” She put down the feather duster before smiling at a new idea that just came up in her mind as her ears perked up. “Maybe I'd better see if Pinkie Pie needs help with the pancakes!"

She then immediately flew out of the cottage, leaving Fluttershy to sigh in relief thinking that she would never leave.

Though Ono, however eyed after her suspiciously feeling there was something off with her behavior, but couldn’t quite put his beak on it.


The next morning, the Lion and Pony Guard all gathered inside Twilight's castle to have their pancake breakfast. In addition, Kiara was there to join them after accepting Pinkie’s invitation. After all, she’s never been able to enjoy a casual get together with her friends a whole lot nowadays.

In the dining hall, everyone was all enjoying the sweet breakfast treats displayed in front of them with the ponies eating them rather nosily. They were decorated with strawberries, whipped cream, blueberries, chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles.

While the ponies ate with their mouths along with both Beshte and Bunga, Rarity ate hers with a fork, along with the rest of the Lion Guard, but they couldn’t resist savoring the remarkable sugary sweetness of the pancakes. They were the really best pancakes they had ever had.

Beshte was the first to speak his compliments to the chef. “Poa, Pinkie, these are amazing!”

“No kidding! They’re Un-Bunga-licous!” Bunga agreed while talking with his mouth full and happily munching on them.

“Bunga! Manners please!” Rarity firmly insisted while clamping a hoof on her jaw to get him to stop since he was starting to spew chunks from his mouth.

“Sorr…” He loudly burped in the unicorn’s face. “…I mean…” He burped again. “…I mean…” He burped super loudly. He then nervously laughed upon seeing that he accidentally messed up her mane. “Excuse me.”

“No worries…” Rarity returned with slight discomfort as she quickly grabbed a brush and combed her mane back into place. “…it’s just hair.” She then shuddered before spraying herself with a fragrant perfume bottle before smiling and resumed eating her pancake breakfast.

"I agree!" Applejack said next to both conversations. “Great job, Pinkie Pie!”

Pinkie Pie was face first into the pancakes, and once she looked up, her face was covered in frosting and chocolate chips. She smiled and slurped the frosting and chips from her face with her long tongue. "Thanks! Twilight spent all night helping me pick the flavor!" she said as she stacked more pancakes on top of the ones she already had.,

“Did she really?” Kiara asked sounding impressed yet curious. “How did she single out what would be the best flavor? A stat check?”

“Yes, but no.” Pinkie giggled knowing that’s true to the alicorn’s character before replying. “I kept thinking we'd found the right one, but she insisted I make even more to try. And more. And more and more and more and more! It was like she never wanted to—"

"Leave?" Fluttershy finished with her ears lowering.

"Exactly!" Pinkie chomped on the tall stack, which didn't even tumble or fall over, "Eventually we ran out of time so we just went with every-berry-any-chip-surprise!" She scooted over to Ono and spoke in a loud hush tone, "The surprise is I lost a measuring spoon in the batter. Somebody's gonna get a very special pancake!"

Once she was gone, Ono used his keen sight to make sure that he doesn’t have that very special pancake himself.

"Up all night, huh?" Fuli curiously asked before tilting her head. "Is that why she's so, uh...out of it?"

All eyes turned to the princess, who was snoring in her chair with her head back. Her body was covered in mud, leaves and her mane was just outright messy. To Kiara, it’s like being reminded of the whole incident that led to them being covered in mud before overseeing the Royal Buffalo Wallow, only messier.

"Um, I don't mean to sound unappreciative," Fluttershy spoke up as she shared her thoughts. “, but has anybody else noticed that Twilight has been a little too helpful lately?"

“You’re not the only one, Fluttershy, because I too was there when she was at the cottage all day yesterday helping clean the animals, and Angel, twice.” Ono shared feeling the same way.

Applejack shared her thoughts next. "Now that you mention it, she was lendin' a hoof at Sweet Apple Acres the other day and stuck around 'til near midnight. Dug up fifty tree-plantin' holes when all I needed was ten."

Beshte shared his thoughts next. “After I got back home the other day, Twilight was there to ensure that me and my dad’s pod were all well-hydrated and clean. Much appreciated, but a little odd of her to go through all of that for us.”

Rarity was next to share her input on the matter. "She spent an entire afternoon rearranging a single gem drawer at the boutique. An entire afternoon!"

Kyoga spoke up next, “She was more than willing to show up Diamond Valley to help grow a ton of new plants and grass there, even when it’ll take months for the grass to grow.”

“Well at least there will be more grass and plants to grow back on the ground.” Bunga shared while shoveling his pancakes. He then sees Rarity frowning upon her again. “Oops, I mean.” He gulped and then looked away while downing a cup of water. “Excuse me.” He moved to get himself more water from the kitchen before he could another etiquette lesson from the fashionista.

“Now that you mention it…” Kion spoke up as he recalled his past thoughts about Twilight. “…I’ve seen her sleeping right outside the cave at Pride Rock, apparently she was sleeping there all night, every other night, ever since the Pride Lands is back under my dad’s control. Weird considering that she usually sleeps in a bed like all of the other ponies back home.” Kiara could only nod in agreement.

"You think that's weird?" Rainbow Dash spoke up with her thoughts on the manner. "She raced me and Fuli, like, a hundred times the other day. In the skies, on the ground, you name it! And traded wins and losses every time!

“She just kept goin'!” Fuli spoke up in agreement. “Best out of ten, best out of twenty, best out of a hundred! I mean, I know hanging out with me is awesome, but it was like she'd rather keep winning and losing than—"

"Leave?" Ono finished figuring that would be the case in this pattern.

"Yeah. Who does that?" Rainbow asked everyone as they drew their attention to the alicorn resuming her snoring now resting her head into her pancake stack like she was nuzzling a bed pillow.

“Apparently, Twilight does.” Bunga replied while walking back to the table with a full glass of water in tow. “Question is why? Why does she feel more committed into wanting to spend time with us along with wanting to do extreme sports every time we have free time. I mean I’m all down for that, but it’s just before this whole war and fighting, she never wanted to do any of this stuff with us.”

“That’s true…” Fuli spoke up feeling amazingly surprised at him saying something really smart for once. “…she has. Don’t suppose she has an ulterior motive for doing all of this, Kion?”

“I don’t know.” Was all Kion could say about it.

"I think she might be avoidin' somethin'." Applejack theorized, while Pinkie Pie tapped her plate so she can flip it and release the pancakes into the air before eating them all in one gulp. "Soon as she wakes up, we're gonna find out what."

Pinkie began to cough and the measuring spoon came shooting out of her mouth, landing on Ono's stack, much to his disgust.

"I win!"

“Congratulations.” Ono dully replied with a tone of disgust while carefully pulling the spoon out of his stack with his own spoon.

At the sound of Pinkie's cheer, Twilight finally woke up, with a pancake poking through her horn. "Huh?! I'm pancake! I mean, awake…" She smiled in embarrassment as her friends all looked at her with concern.

Ono spoke up first, “Uh, Twilight? Is there something you want to tell us?"

Fuli moved to gently remove the pancake from Twilight's horn before speaking kindly to her. "Look Twilight, here’s the thing. You know how much we appreciate everything you do for us, right?" She flinched looking disturbed when Pinkie Pie jumped up and gobbled the pancake down in one mouth before turning back to Twilight. "And we love having you around…but…is there, by any chance, that you could, possibly, be avoiding something? Like something in here or there or anywhere."

Twilight lowered her ears seeing that all eyes of concern are on her. "Oh, has it been that obvious?"

"Kinda." Rainbow replied.

"A little." Fluttershy added.

“Affirmative.” Ono added bluntly.

“Fraid so.” Beshte gently added.

“Can’t say otherwise.” Kyoga firmly said.

“Sorry, Twilight.” Kion honestly said unable to say otherwise.

“Yeah.” Fuli sympathetically and honestly answered.

Twilight knew that she had to tell the truth here, otherwise they keep digging in until she confesses. "Okay. The truth is... I know it's silly, but I... I've been avoiding... this place." She gestured to her surroundings thus telling them it is this very castle that she has been avoiding all this time.

Rarity gasped in shock at this revelation. "Why in Equestria would you want to avoid such a gorgeous castle?"

"Yeah, this place has everything!" Bunga said as he stood up before leaping across the table with his voice echoing across the room. "Big tall ceilings that make you feel tiny!"

Pinkie Pie looked at her reflection on the floor as she laid on it and shivered, "Shiny new floors that are cold to the touch! Brrr!"

Bunga and Pinkie then both stepped outside as the former gestured to the rest of the palace, "And it even has loooong empty hallways!" Sadly though the ghostly sounding echo only further emphasized Twilight’s point of why she doesn’t feel very home here.

"Okay, I get it." Pinkie then said in defeat.

“My bad.” Bunga added while apologetically looking on in her direction after seeing of how downcast the alicorn is right now.

"The castle is amazing…But it just…” She heavily sighs. “…it doesn’t feel like home.” She then sadly rested her head on the table with the comforting paws of both Kiara and Fuli by her side. "It doesn’t even feel fit for a happy pony. It just doesn’t feel like home fit for me.”

It didn’t take a more subtle hint to clue to them that right now she deep down is not a happy pony.

Rarity however chuckled in response thinking this is an easy fix. "Oh, is that all? Why, you simply need to decorate, darling. Make this space your own!"

“Surely there’s something we can do to make it look more comforting and fitting for a great friend.” Beshte offered.

"It's just so daunting!" Twilight counter-replied. "I-I don't even know where to start!"

"You can start by letting us do it for you." Rarity firmly offered. "We will make this the castle of your dreams!"

“Also, while they’re at it…” Kiara spoke up while placing a gentle claw through the alicorn’s mane. “…maybe we can treat you to a trip to the Ponyville Spa…” She then removed her claw and shook away the dirt and twigs that got in her nails. “…you sure could use it.”

“I agree dariling.” Rarity supported that suggestion whole-heartedly as she levitated a mirror for Twilight to take a look at herself. "I'm saying this with love, but... have you looked in a mirror lately? I've never seen you look this... mmmm…"

"Frazzled?" Fluttershy finished.

"Yes! That is absolutely the word I was going to use."

Twilight looked at herself and realized that her friend was right. "Ooh, I guess I do need a little help. And so does my castle.” She then turned to Kiara hopeful for company. “Would you like join me, Kiara?"

Kiara smiled in return much to her surprise. “I would love to, Twilight.”

“Really?”

“Of course. It was very relaxing when I was there the last time, and really enjoyed doing it with you back then and I would be more than happy to join as a friend like before.”

Twilight smiled at her friends seeing the support she was getting as always. "Well, I just know you'll all do a great job, because nobody knows me better than you."

"We'll make this place feel cozier than hot cider on a rainy day." Applejack vowed.

Rainbow Dash and Bunga both gasped with delight when they heard this. "There's gonna be cider?!" They exclaimed with excitably with an eager taste for the drink.

“She was using that as an expression.” Kyoga dryly clarified causing the two to pout in disappointment.

“Aww!”

They both quickly corrected themselves when Fuli glanced at them disapprovingly causing them to hastily correct themselves for thinking about themselves.

“Uh, I mean, let's decorate!"

“Lets!”

"Oh, no! Did I miss the pancakes?!" Came from Spike’s voice when he came walking inside carrying a blanket and a Rarity blush toy while rubbing his eyes. Once he fully woke up he ran up to the table and prepared to eat the closet stack of pancakes in front of him. "I sleep like a baby under that cold, cavernous ceiling."

"Spike, I'm so glad you're here!" Rarity kindly greeted as he munched on the pancakes.

"Really?"

"Yes! You and Kiara are taking Twilight to the spa!"

"Great! I've been meaning to get my claws done!"

Spike continued stuffing his face with pancakes, only to receive looks from the others. "Oh, you mean now." He realized with his mouth full. He stuffed a few more into his mouth and took two more to go. The little guy hadn't eaten yet after all. After Twilight, Kiara, and Spike all walked out the door, the others were ready to get right to work.

“Everyone, let’s get to work!” Kion said confidently to the others while noticing that Ono was eyeing something peculiar. Mainly the Rarity doll, Spike had left behind in the dining room.

“What in…” Was all Ono could say before Spike quickly retrieved it.

“Don’t ask!”

All Ono could do was stare speechlessly while turning to the giggling unicorn behind him whether he should find it creepy or flattering of the little dragon’s crush on Rarity. But with more important matters to tend to he turned his attention back to the castle ready to give it a makeover that’ll help a

"Come on, y'all!" said Applejack, "We've got work to do!"

To kick start the process the Lion and Pony Guard got together for a group musical number in pursuit of getting a good smile on their friend’s face the next time she walks inside this very castle.


First Rainbow Dash.

“Let's all work together

To make this castle shine.”

Rarity polished the crystals with a blanket to give it a shimmer before singing next.

“Once we add some sparkle

It'll feel, it'll feel, it'll feel...”

Then everyone sings all together.

“It'll feel divine.”

Applejack headed home and filled a wagon full of apples, hay and various farm items as she sang next with Beshte accompanying her in gathering tools and supplies needed to make the necessary readjustments.

“Crates of apples an' bales o' hay

Just makes ya feel at home.”

While she was singing, Fluttershy gathered together some animals from her cottage.

“Furry friends and some popinjays

So she won't be alone.”

Everyone then sang all together.

“And we'll make, and we'll make, and we'll make

This castle a home.”

Pinkie Pie slid down the staircase, grabbing various balloons as she did while singing with Bunga on her tail literally.

“There's nothing like balloons and confetti

To greet you every time you walk through the door.”

Rainbow flew around her room, picking posters of the Wonderbolts and awards while taking another turn at singing again.

“She'll need this and those

Posters us, as heroes

How could anypony awesome ever ask for more?”

Ono went off to get a wagon of books that are to Twilight’s liking with Kion doing the same alongside him.

Both Fuli and Kyoga took a look around the castle to find anything that needs improving by both scouting the entire castle and getting a look at every single room it has.

Ono moved to sing while flying ahead with Kion doing the heavy-lifting for him.

“Pages filled of myth and truth

To ignite her creative mind.”

Next Fuli sang.

“A shimmering light to see what she finds.”

Then seeing that the former is giving her the encouraging look, Kyoga moved to sing next,

“Reminders of our glory days, to help her shine!”

After everyone got everything they needed, they all regrouped back inside the castle so they can all get to work.

Everyone sings all together.

“And we'll make, and we'll make, and we'll make

A home she'll adore.”

Fuli then sang again.

“Bright curtains of flowing silk and lace.”

Then Rainbow Dash sang.

“This picture of me winning a race.”

Bunga then sang.

“Party cannons to give her a surprise.”

Applejack then sang.

“Hoes and rakes and some more garden supplies.”

Fluttershy then sang.

“Getting hugs from this nice, big, friendly bear.”

Rarity then sang.

“Decorate with some gemstones bright and rare.”

Bunga then sang.

“More of this and that.”

Pinkie then sang.

“Don't forget the party hats.”

Rainbow then sang.

“How could anypony awesome ask for more than that?”

Then Kion sings.

“Let's all work together.”

Beshte then sang.

“To show that we have shown

Princess Twilight Sparkle.”

Then they all sang together one more time.

“How we make, how we make, how we make

This castle a home

How we make, how we make

This castle a home

How we make, how we make

This castle a home!”

A balloon pops after they finished singing.


After the song ended, everybody (minus Kion, Fuli, and Kyoga) took a few steps back to see their work at progress. But when they did they all cringed with their smiles dropping upon seeing the finishing job. Apparently, they were all so caught up in the decorating that, they didn’t seem to realize up until now what they have actually done instead.

The animals were dragging dirt around with their paws, playing around in the hay Applejack had brought, eating the apples from the barrels. Red, orange, and yellow quilts were placed around the floor beside the hay. Marble pillars stood around the room, with vases of flowers, standing on top. Curtains with diamonds were displayed on the windows while several more diamonds hung off the walls, alongside Rainbow Dash's Wonder Bolts posters and trophies on the shelves.

Rarity had vases with flowers almost in every corner as well as a portrait of all of the Lion and Pony Guard as the "center" piece. Fluttershy had placed a few bird houses here and there, along with a white picket fence for the petting zoo.

Everywhere they turned they saw balloons, candies, pink curtains, lace, flowers, posters, animals, anything but the kitchen sink. In fact, if they searched hard enough they could very possibly find it. It was one big mess of items mismatched together, clashing horribly. The entire castle looked like a hoarder's home instead of that of a princess.

“Whoa!” Bunga stated with pure shock with what they just did together.

Applejack cleared her throat, trying to sound convincing, "Wow, guys and girls! We did a... great job... together…" she laughed nervously while rubbing the back of her neck and sweating rather embarrassed by their rather shoddy attempt.

"We sure did... something." Rainbow added with uncertainty.

“Like creating a great big mess.” Ono bluntly remarked.

A few birds flew onto Bunga’s head with a few critters rubbing their heads against his legs. "Fluttershy, I love that you brought so many animals." He commented unconvincingly.

Fluttershy noticed Rainbow’s Wonderbolt trophies. "Are these your trophies?"

"I prefer to think of them as everypony's trophies but with my name permanently etched onto them.” Raimbow smugly replied just when both Fuli and Kyoga walked in.

“Is it really?” Fuli asked unconvinced yet shocked of what they just walked into.

“Because it looks somebody tried to blend and mesh together a stinky soup together.” Kyoga added. “And by that I mean bad enough that the biggest and reddest dog in the world wouldn't want to eat for dinner.”

Rarity trying to save face chuckled nervously as she tried to find a way to compliment Applejack's additions. "My my, Applejack, bringing the outdoors inside, it's... earthy... What a lovely touch!" She levitated one of the quilts and sniffed it, before gagging briefly. "Are these quilts vintage?"

"Nope, just old!" Applejack replied as she shielded her eyes from the shimmering diamond decorated curtains Rarity had created. "Unlike your sparkly window doohickeys which are... why, they're just swell!"

Pinkie Pie along with Bunga, were the only ones who remained happy about the whole thing, jumped up with glee. "No one said anything about my hidden confetti cannons! Oh, right! They're hidden!"

“Well of course not, Pinkie. That’s what makes it a surprise.” Kyoga sarcastically remarked.

Fuli however just groaned in response to their friend’s terrible efforts into making light of all of this. “Seriously? This looks terrible! What were you all thinking?!”

All eyes turned to the main doors, where Kion had just walked in. "Hey guys, how’s the decorating going…What in the name Simba?!" The little lion cub was unquestionably shocked by what he was seeing.

"Oh, Kion! Are you, Kiara, and Twilight done already?" Rarity asked.

"Don't worry, I just checked in with Spike and he ordered her the super-deluxe mane blow-out! She'll be a while." He answered as he walked inside the room, while still cringing and understanding how this calamity of a mess happened. “But more importantly, what happened here? This place looks terrible!"

“That’s what I said, too!” Fuli remarked in agreement with a smug “I told you so!” glance towards the others.

"It's pretty bad, right?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"This place looks like a mishmash of knickknacks." Applejack commented.

Rarity tapped her chin as she too admitted. "Hmm, I suppose it is a little cluttered."

"What are you guys talking about?" Pinkie Pie joyfully said otherwise. "I think it looks super fun!" Right on cue, one of her hidden cannons went off, releasing confetti everywhere. The noise startled Fluttershy's animals causing them to all run around the castle in a panicked frenzy, tumbling everything they bump into. Pinkie Pie joined in the mayhem, running with the animals while wearing a party hat. "Whee!" She cheered much to Fuli’s further dismay.

Fluttershy tried to calm the animals down, but it was all in vain due to the very little space inside the room. "Oh! Oh, no! Please don't do that! If you all just take a deep breath and calm down—" She ended up taking a step back when one of the pillars fell and broke before her eyes.

Two chipmunks climbed up on Rarity's curtains, much to her horror, "No! That bunting is embroidered by hoof! Don't you move one more paw!" She crossly warned. But even though they obeyed they still wound up sliding down and ripped the curtains. Rarity's now at her breaking point mustering her strength and adrenaline into shouting a loud and powerful voice across the room to put an end to this.

"Everybody stop!"

At her command, every animal stopped on their tracks, with even Pinkie Pie freezing in place. Once the dust had settled, everyone took a look at their surroundings upon seeing the serious damage the animals have caused during the chaos. Posters fell from the walls, the flowers were scattered all over the floor, all of the balloons were popped, hay, confetti and squashed apples were everywhere, vases were shattered, curtains were torn and the pillars had fallen and broken into pieces upon hitting the floor.

"Okay, now it's a mess." Pinkie said while still smiling, right before another confetti cannon exploded.

“About time you realized it.” Fuli replied rather annoyed at this point while dusting the confetti off of her fur.

"What're we gonna do?!" Rainbow asked on the verge of panicking himself.

“Well I can tell you one thing we’re not going to do…” Kion firmly stated. “We’re not going panic!”

“Does that include…” Pinkie tried to ask.

“Yes it does!” Fuli firmly interrupted mid-sentence.

"Anyways…” Kion continued. “…we need to do something else because Twilight's blow-out won't take that long. If she was avoiding the castle before, she'll never want to set hoof in here now!"

"Come on, guys, we've gotta do something!" Bunga stated as he hopped onto Beshte’s back. "Twilight's counting on us!"

Rarity then turned back to the leader of the Lion Guard. "Kion, you've got to get back to that spa and stall her! Whatever you do, don't let her come home!"

"For how long?"

"Well, uh, maybe you could manage it 'til... sunset-ish?" She asked of him with a hopeful smile and batted eyes, which only had Kion looking on at her finding it weird with a matching expression and an arched eyebrow.

"All right. I’ll see what I can do, just try not to make a habit of doing it to me. I’m not Spike."

“Oh, of course, darling. My bad.”

“I’ll be back!” Kion turned and ran out of the castle on towards the spa.

After he had left, Fuli stepped forward to take charge of the situation. "Okay, we all agree the castle is too cluttered, right? So why doesn't everybody take one or two of their own decorations out and we'll see how it looks?"

Everyone all nodded in agreement and got to work, while hopeful that Kion could buy them enough time for them to fix everything.


Meanwhile, Kion arrived at the spa, where he is greeted by Spike admiring his claws. "Hey Kion! How do my claws look."

"Looks great, Spike.” He quickly complimented, wanting to get quick to what he wants to say. “Where’s Kiara?”

“With Twilight having quite a discussion together.” He answered. “Like best buds hitting off together, girl to girl.”

“Oh, really?” He laughed while rolling his eyes unable to help but feel a little jealous with their special connection.

“Come on Kion, you know that Twilight values you and Kiara as best friends equally.” Spike reminded.

“Yeah, yeah.” He said with an accepting sigh. “Anyways, before anything else, I need to tell you, we can’t let Twilight go back to the castle just yet.”

“Why not?”

“It’s still a mess.” He answered before trying to explain it in a way that Spike will understand. “Like Pinkie trying to combine actual cotton with candy.”

“Eww. Good thing you there to taste test it others you wouldn’t have been the only one coughing hairballs.”

“Don’t remind me, anyways, we need keep Twilight away from the castle until sunset. Any ideas?”

Spike thought for a moment before coming up with an idea. “I think we can arrange something to keep her here longer.” He answered before they walked into the room where Kiara is watching Twilight having her hair down by a hair blower machine.

“Kion!” His sister happily greeted.

“Hi, Kiara!” He kindly greeted.

“Kion! You’re back!” Twilight happily greeted just when the lid was removed from her head to show her newly restyled mane. A spiky and rock-style look with the rest of her long sparkly mane tied in a bun. “How do I look?”

"Great!" They both said very quickly and nervously replied.

"And more importantly, how does the castle look?" Twilight then asked, removing strands of her new hairdo from her eyes.

The two shared an unsure glance at each other before answering really nervously. “Great?" Kiara looked on suspiciously by their response.

"I can't wait to go home and see it!" Twilight got up and prepared to leave only to for Kion to quickly intercept.

“Twilight! Hold up, since we’re here, why don’t we have a massage together? I don’t think I have ever had one ever!”

“Yeah!” Spike immediately agreed before pulling out a brochures. “I was really hoping to get, uh... this thingy!"

Twilight read the specific massage Spike is seeking to get while looking on very confused. "The 'Extra-strength-hot-stone-deep-tissue massage'?"

Kion looked visibly uncomfortable with the idea as Spike gulped nervously, "Yep!"

“Yeah…” Twilight shook her head against the idea of him getting that kind of massage. “…No. I think the traditional massage, but you go for it."

One of the spa ponies walked up to the group through the door. "Did somepony order massages?"

Just then the wall crashed through when Bulk Biceps appeared, shouting his famous phrase, "Yeah! Let's do this, little dragon!" He then took Spike, using his pecks, and smashed into the wall again.

The dismayed lady rolled her eyes in response. "Oh, I hate it when he does that. Come with me, Princess."

“Sure…but first.” She politely excused herself briefly so she can stop Bulk Biceps from inflicting pain on her son. “Bulk Biceps! Let him go! He’s not getting that extra strength massage!”

Before Kion could follow after the others he was stopped in his tracks when Kiara cleared her throat and gave her brother a very serious and stern look. “Kion? What’s going on?”

“Nothing...” Kion innocently replied.

“But….?” She sternly expected the truth.

“…but the castle still needs a lot of work. We didn’t want to further discourage her from returning.” Kiara looks on unconvinced. “Really. Please just don’t say anything for now.”

“Fine.” She reluctantly agreed for his sake. “But you’re telling her after all this is over. Last thing we need is you giving her reason to not want to trust us anymore.”

“I understand.” Kion accepted that response yet unaware that Twilight herself was secretly listening on their conversation.


Elsewhere back at the castle…

"Come on, Rarity. Everybody has taken somethin' out except you." Applejack said to her who is still unable to decide of what to remove.

"Ooh, I know! I simply can't decide."

Rainbow pointed to a portrait with the entire Lion and Pony Guard team in a jewel encrusted frame. "How about this?"

"No! Not that! Anything but that!"

"How about these?" Ono pointed towards the flowers which were placed up on the wall.

"Oh, but those brighten up the whole room! They're my favorite accent!"

"Then let's lose the curtains." Rainbow suggested. "The room wouldn't need brightening if they weren't making it so dark!"

"Not them! They're my favorite too!"

Rainbow growled in annoyance while Ono rolled his eyes before speaking his mind about her indecisiveness. "They can't all be your favorite!" He then made the decision for her. "Okay, Rainbow, take down the portrait. We all know what we look like." Rainbow immediately did so without question as she flew out of the room with the image in tow.

Rarity huffed in anger. "Well, the room still looks a little bit cluttered, doesn't it? Perhaps I'll take down a poster or two. Only to be helpful, of course!" She proceeded to levitate away some of Rainbow's posters off of the walls, greatly angering the Pegasus when she returned.

"Okay, everypony calm down." Applejack urged of them to stop before this could spiral out of control. "I'm sure we can find a way to remove the clutter together."

"You're absolutely right, dear." Rarity agreed…right before removing A.J's quilts out of the room, with Rainbow assisting by kicking them out with her back legs.

"Hey, those are my warmin' quilts!"

Rainbow Dash and Rarity shared a hoof pump together, "Together!"

Pinkie Pie noticed that Fluttershy's birds were popping her balloons. "Fluttershy! Tell your birds to stop pecking at my balloons!"

Fluttershy narrowed her eyes at her in response. "I guess they must not like being scared out of their wits by exploding confetti cannons or something."

"But we can't get rid of the cannons! I don't remember where I hid them."

Another confetti cannon exploded and another argument ensued between them over what to add or take away.

“Allow me to help you!” Bunga offered in a rather mean tone while moving to remove some of the additions that Ono had placed in the room.

“Hey! Bunga! She’ll need those books!”

“No she won’t!”

“Uh guys.” Beshte tried to speak up to them to stop to no avail. “Come everyone, if we could just…”

Both Fuli and Kyoga just groaned and buried their faces in their paws knowing that at this rate the job is never going to get done in time before Twilight gets back.

So after having enough, Fuli shouted to everyone. “QUIET!”

Everyone stopped in their tracks, before focusing on the cheetah annoyed out of her wits by their arguing. “Seriously? What is wrong with you all?! And since we’re getting nowhere with these additions then we’re just going to have to take everything out of here and start over again!”

“But…” Bunga futilely tried to protest.

“I said now!” She firmly stated thus scaring everyone into complying with her orders with no more questions asked.


After the massages, to which Twilight was thankfully able to save Spike from the unnecessary message that would left the poor dragon from being able to walk, the four all walked across town. Everyone was all looking very relaxed from the experience with whatever tension they previously had smoothed over from the massages they were given.

"Great suggestion, Spike. Kion. I feel totally relaxed."

“Me too.” Kiara said in agreement.

“Couldn’t have said it better.” Kion also agreed.

“Me neither.” Spike also chimed in as he stretched his back to loosen up that last knot on his back. “Oh yeah, that’s better.”

"You want to hop on?" Twilight offered. "Maybe I can get us to the castle faster."

Spike’s eyes widened along with Kion who visibly cringed again before the latter spoke up against the idea. “Uh…actually…Twilight… I was hoping we could take the scenic way back."

Twilight looked unsure of the idea. "I don't know."

"I think it's a great idea!” Spike agreed with Kion. “Walking is good for post-massage circulation."

Twilight arched an eyebrow since it is becoming perfectly clear to her that they both are hiding something from her in regards to the castle. "Really? I've never heard that theory."

“Me neither.” Kiara agreed but went along with it for Twilight’s sake. “But I suppose there’s no harm in it. It’s not like it’s going anywhere.”

“True.” She admitted since she truthfully doesn’t want to go back to the castle just yet before giving into the boy’s request to walk across town, enjoying the warm comforts from the shining sun.

At first, it was all peaceful and tranquil, at least until they spotted something that dampened the mood in Twilight's heart.

The Golden Oak Library…or at least, what was left of it. After her and Kion’s battle with Tirek, the place was blown to bits. Everything that she once had there was gone for good. Seeing this had Twilight sighed once she looked upon the tree.

I really miss this place. We had so many wonderful memories here."

Spike couldn’t help but tear up at the scene too. "We did, didn't we…?"

"Oh, Spike, I'm so sorry.” Twilight realized as she brought the little dragon into a warm embrace. “Of course losing the Golden Oak Library was hard for you too.” Both the lion siblings wished they could relate to their situation, but they didn't as many memories of them. Nor did they know what’s it’s like to lose a home since Pride Rock has stayed intact even when Scar briefly took over.

“It sure was.” Kion could only say before giving his sincere condolences. “Sorry that happened to you Twilight. I may not have had a special attachment to it like you but I know how much it meant to you.”

“Me too.” Kiara added as she spotted a little flower from one of the branches still intact from the explosion before moving to climb up and get before climbing back down.

Kion immediately picking up on what she is doing draws a paw into the dirt and manages to dig up an acorn along a small plant that has started to grow in the ground right where the library originally once stood.

“Twilight…” Kion said to her as he and Kiara showed her what they uncovered. “…found something you might want to see.” Twilight turned and saw the acorn and small baby plant in the ground Kion had a claw pointed in its direction. “Maybe a little something to help you remember the good times you have of the place and maybe knowing there’s a good chance that a new tree will grow in its place.”

As the two siblings handed her the flower and acorn, Twilight was left very touched inside as she remembered the very wisdom their father passed onto her when they were out walking through the fire ravaged parts of the Pride Lands. “Thank you both.” She moved to plant the acorn in the very heart of the burnt remains of the library before embracing the two siblings together.

“As for this little plant, I think this deserves a new home.” Twilight spread out her wings ready to take flight. Kion however acted quickly before flying off to intercept her. Unfortunately when he did he ended up accidentally crashing into her when she was just about to take off.

"Ow! What are you doing?"

“Sorry I…didn’t mean to bump into like that. I just had another thought occur.”

“And that is?”

“That is, why don’t we get something for Spike to make him feel more comfortable at the castle?"

“Okay?” Twilight arched an eyebrow as she eyed him expecting more details as Spike nervously stammered for something that’ll stall them long enough to keep them away till sunset.

"It's a... well, I want a... it's... I kind of need a... a bed!"

"I thought you said you sleep like a baby in the castle."

Spike scoffed in response. "Everypony knows babies are terrible sleepers. Let's go!"

As Spike ran off ahead, the others followed after him with Twilight shooting Kion a suspicious glance in his direction to make it perfectly clear she knows that they are hiding something from her.

With nothing he can say in his defense, Kion just nervously smiled and chuckled a little before emitting a small gulp in the face of her stern look before looking away knowing that not even his big sister Kiara can do or say anything in his defense this time.


Back inside the castle, the Lion and Pony Guard had just finally managed to clean up the place, having removed every addition they placed in the castle. And by that, that meant every last item.

"There! Now nothing is cluttering the castle!" Rarity stated as she removed the last item out of the room.

"You're right." Rainbow Dash agreed. "There is literally nothing cluttering this castle."

"What do we do now?" Fluttershy worryingly asked upon seeing they are now back to square one with very little time left.

“I don’t know and I’d hate to be the bearer of bad news...” Ono equally worried replied as he looked on to the nearby window where he spotted Celestia’s sun setting on the horizon. “…but we better think of a quick fix because it is almost sunset."

Rarity gasped upon seeing it. "Oh dear! If we don't figure this out soon, it's going to look like we didn't lift a hoof or paw to help her!"

Rainbow Dash groaned in frustration with zero work in progress. "Why is this so hard?! We're Twilight's best friends! This should be easy for us!"

"She said it herself – if anybody and anypony should be able to make her feel comfortable in her new home, it's us.” Applejack said confidently before removing her head in worry. “If we can't do it...”

"Then Twilight will be stuck living in a castle that makes her feel... sad!" Fluttershy finished with the last word she said echoing through the halls.

"Wow, Fluttershy! I didn't know you could be loud enough to echo!" Pinkie said impressed.

“I know!” Bunga agreed looking on happily in her direction.

“Pinkie, Bunga…” Kyoga sternly looked upon them while shaking her head against what they are thinking of doing now. “…now’s not the time.”

Fuli moved to speak up to keep everyone from despairing. “Okay, enough! Now let’s try to figure out of what to do.”

“How?!” Bunga exclaimed frantically. “How are we going to figure it out in time?! If Twilight comes home now, she'll be like "What did you guys do?" And we'll have to be like "Nothing!" And then she'll be like "I was counting on you! Some friends you are!" And we'll be like…Nooooooooooooo!"

“Bunga!” Fuli sharply snapped. “That’s not going to happen!”

“But it could!” Bunga firmly protested. “Whether it’s you or anyone else, or heck even Kion could say it if he was pushed far enough in that direction!”

“It won’t!” Fuli repeated assertively. “We just need to figure out what we did wrong so we can make it right.”

"Well, I didn't do anything wrong!" Rarity insisted, with a hoof pressed on her chest. "I did exactly what I would do if this were my home!"

"But it's not your home." Rainbow pointed out. "It's Twilight's home!"

"Where she keeps all her Rainbow Dash trophies?" Rarity snappily retorted.

"Touché." Rainbow calmly replied knowing she’s got her there.

“Oh, dung beetles.” Bunga realized. “I’m guilty of that too!” He presented the cake filled with dung beetles and grubs. “I should have known that I was only making a bugged cake for me.” He gulped it down much to the others disgust.

“I’d hate to admit it, but Bunga’s right.” Ono admitted much to the other’s surprise. “I mean think about…” Before he continued he quickly said to Bunga. “…and don’t let this go to your head!” He nodded in response. “…it seems to me that we were all thinking about ourselves here, mainly trying to make ourselves feel more at home here more than Twilight.”

"Like we were looking at things and going about it the wrong way.” Beshte added seeing what he is putting down here.

“Exactly!”

“Oh my.” Fluttershy hung head in shame upon hearing this realization.

“It’s okay.” Beshte quickly assured his ashamed friend. “It was just an honest mistake. Now we just need to figure out what Twilight loved about her previous home so we can her feel more at home here.”

“I agree.” Applejack supported that statement. “Come on, y'all. We just need to think about Twilight. What was it she'd loved about livin' in the Golden Oak Library?"

"Oh, everything!" Fluttershy smiled as she reminisced back to when the library was still standing. "The books, the smell of books, the joy she felt from organizing books."

“Oh, I was there for that!” Ono stated with a raised wing.

Rainbow Dash then laughed as she recalled another memory. "Remember that time I nearly crashed into all those books attempting my sonic rainboom after you guys just cleaned up? That was good times."

Ono’s smile turned into a frown. “Yes, I remember that too. To think of the time and energy we would have spent if Fuli wasn’t there to stop you in time.”

“Good thing too.” Fuli muttered in agreement with the irritated egret.

Applejack also frowned and rolled her eyes in response to the speedy Pegasus’s memory. "Yeah, for you, maybe."

"Oh, and Applejack, remember when we were stuck having a sleepover there?" Rarity recalled with a chuckle, "That turned out to be so much fun!"

“It was.” Fuli acknowledged. “In fact definitely fun for you two the most since you become enemies to friends to lovebirds through the time we have formed the Guard together.”

“We’re not lovebirds!” Both Applejack and Rarity exclaimed in flustered unison.

“Uh-huh!” Fuli smirked as the two both blushed madly with burning red cheeks upon seeing all of their friends witnessed this together.

“Oh, my.” Rarity uttered extremely embarrassed.

"Remember the time it got blown up to smithereens?!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed excitedly while spreading her hooves out and wide to emphasize on big the explosion was. She lowered down upon noticing everyone's solemn expression with Fuli, Kyoga, and Ono all looking on at her to let her know that’s not funny. "Wait, no. That was the worst." She then said after realizing her mistake.

"We had a lot of good memories there, though." Applejack fondly said of the place. "That's what made the Golden Oak Library home."

"Yeah…" Everybody agreed sadly.

At that moment Applejack gasped with excitement when she got an idea.

"That's it!"


Meanwhile at the mattress store, Twilight was now getting annoyed right now. And the reason for that is because Spike had spent hours trying to find the perfect and ideal bed, but no matter what they looked at, he would always seem to find something to complain about. It was pretty clear to her that he is purposely delaying her from leaving with his ongoing indecisiveness.

"How's that one? Too soft? Too hard? Too lumpy?"

"Um…" as Spike laid on the bed, he looked out the window, finding it was already sundown. "Just right! I'll take it!"

Twilight was greatly relieved and so was Kiara along with Kion with the latter especially feeling it seeing that he no longer has to keep playing this game anymore."Oh, thank goodness. I thought you'd never find one you liked! Let's find a salespony and get out of here."

"Sounds good to meee—" Spike cringed when he and Kion spotted the others through the window, walking in the opposite direction, carrying shovels. Ono and Rainbow both saw the two gesturing them that they need a little more time.

Just then a small crash is heard from the opposite side of the store. “My leg!”

Most of the staff all directed their attention to the poor injured pony’s attention leaving no room for anyone to handle the front register. Twilight groaned severely annoyed while Kiara was able to catch a glimpse of her brother who had a single wing spread out. The wing that had created a strong and small gust of wind that caused that little accident while nobody was looking.

She shook her head in disappointment with that rash decision even while knowing it was mean t to buy their friends time to make the final readjustments they need to make Twilight feel more at home, especially with Twilight’s patience running completely thin at this point. Kion while having his eyes directed away from the group briefly acknowledged while internally hating himself for committing that rash decision.


Elsewhere, the Lion and Pony Guard minus their leaders all made their way towards the destroyed Golden Oak Library. The sight itself was equally heartbreaking upon knowing of how special the place was to their alicorn friend. It was like seeing a place of great importance is now a faded memory.

Applejack sighed sadly upon seeing its current and final state. "Maybe my plan won't work after all."

Just when it seemed like they reached a dead end, Rarity smiled after getting an idea herself. "Of course it will, darling. I can see it! You, Fluttershy, Fuli, Bunga, and Beshte stay here. Rainbow Dash, Kyoga and Pinkie Pie, you come with me. We're going shopping! We'll meet back at the castle."

The four headed out while the others along with Fluttershy’s animal friends, worked together to dig. Bunga, Fuli, and Beshte worked together using her front legs to dig into the dirt alongside the critters all while once more singing to a tune.

Beshte first sang.

“It's not the things that you gather around.”

Next Fuli sang.

“It's not how much you own.”

Rarity, Pinkie, Rainbow and Kyoga walked out of a nearby store with an assortment of bags to take back to the castle.

Then Kyoga sang next.

“The things that hold the meaning in your life

Are the memories you've own.”

Back inside the castle, the team worked together once more hoping this time that they have created the formula to bringing a smile to Twilight’s face when she returns. Rarity sewed together the diamonds, Applejack and Bunga polished the large root, Fuli and Rarity supervised while the others pulled on the ropes, placing their object into the center of the room perfectly.

Then everyone sang all together.

“So we make, so we make, so we make

This castle a home

So we make, so we make

This castle a home

So we make, so we make

This castle a home!”


After the song had ended their work was finally done. Now all that was left is to see if Twilight will like it as well when she returns.

The doors opened as Twilight, Kion, Kiara, and Spike all entered the castle. "Hello? We're home!"

"Welcome home!" Twilight was greeted by her friends, who all appeared extremely happy, bright and excited.

Bunga bowed and wrapped his arm around the alicorn’s before moving her down the hallway. "Right this way, your highness."

As they walked, Twilight began to feel disappointed. Nothing had changed since she left. She is hoping that whatever distractions and stalling her closest friends have done was worth keeping away from the castle this long, because nothing is really sparking her inner joy.

"Oh, I, uh... love what you've done with the place." She said, with a forced positive tone. "You did such a good job of... preserving the integrity of the original design."

"Aw, come on!" Spike exclaimed in annoyance. "It looks exactly the same! Do you know how hard it was for me and Kion to keep her from coming back here?! I never want to see another dust ruffle as long as I live!"

“Very hard, I’ll bet.” Twilight replied while giving the boys the look to make it perfectly clear if she hasn’t already done so that “Yes.” She knows.

Rarity laughed nervously seeing the cat is out of the bag now. "It took a teensy bit longer than we thought."

“And by that we mean a lot longer than we expected.” Bunga added with an equally nervous smile.

“Meaning in trying to help you feel more at home here, we did the exact opposite instead.” Fuli then further explained as she approached her friend. “But along the way we need come to learn that what really makes a place feel like home isn't what it looks like."

Applejack took off her hat and placed it over her heart as she spoke next. "And by that, it’s really the memories you make when you're there."

Rarity smiled as she spoke next. "So we've made something that celebrates the memories we've made with you since you moved to Ponyville."

"And when you first came to the Pride Lands." Kion added as he moved towards the front doors leading to the throne room. After the others nodded at them to let him know that they are ready before opening the doors.

Upon first sighting, Twilight’s jaw dropped in awe when she looked up in awe at the dazzling new addition to her throne room. A chandelier made from the tree-trunk from the roots of the Golden Oaks Library, decorated with various gems on strings similar to each and every member of the Guard.

Fluttershy flew near the ornaments to explain their significance as Rainbow flew up beside her. "The ornaments on the chandelier are reminders of all the fun we've had together."

Pinkie moved to show Twilight one of the past memories through one yellow gem. “That one shows your party at the Golden Oak Library welcoming you to Ponyville!" Pinkie explained as said memory appears inside.

Fluttershy displayed a blue gem. "The time we shared donuts after the Grand Galloping Gala!"

Ono moved to show another memory through the orange gem. “Along with the time we went on our first patrol together.”

"We were hoping that being able to look at your beautiful old memories would inspire you to make new ones." Rarity told Twilight hopeful for it’ll help her big time going forward, all the while Twilight still has her eyes locked on the amazing addition before her eyes.

"And the best part of it is, it's made from the roots of the Golden Oak Library," Applejack added as the alicorn moved to get a close look at it. "So you'll never forget where you came from."

“That is of course if you’re okay with it and like it, of course.” Beshte said gently hopeful that she truly likes it.

Everyone watched on as they await for the princess's answer. Intially she was completely silent for a good ten seconds, with her eyes still locked on the chandelier. Seeing this had the others feared this wouldn't be enough...at least until Twilight turned around to face them with happy tears in her eyes and a heartfelt smile on her face.

"It's exactly what the castle needed." Everyone all smiled upon hearing her words as Twilight rushed on over to hug them all. “And I am ready to make my own memories.” To prove her point she moved to place acorn inside a pot of dirt before placing it right in the heart of the throne room in the very center.

"Then let's start right now with a new memory cake!" Pinkie Pie zipped away and back to retrieve a tall multi-colored cake on her back, "Seven layer what's-that-flavor mystery surprise! These might be chocolate chips or they might be super-spicy black beans!"

"Let's go to the dining room." Twilight offered as she led them towards said room. "It's a little sparse, but at least there's a table and chairs." Her eyed suddenly widened the minute she opened the door and looked at what was inside. "Whoa! What happened in here?"

Kion was also surprised, "Yeah, I don’t remember this being part of the makeover plan." The entire hall itself was decorated with bright gems, a glass sculpture, flowers around the pillars along with elegant table cloth. “Rarity?” He turned to the only pony capable of transforming this room so eloquently in her taste.

"I couldn't help myself!" Rarity confessed. "It was just begging for the personal touch!"

"Truth be told...” Applejack began before moving to confess. “…I couldn't either! Your kitchen might have some rustic farm decor, Twilight."

"And there may or may not be some Daring Do posters up in your library." Rainbow Dash added.

Ono shifted his eyes around nervously. “Along with the entire written history of the Pride Lands Past."

Fluttershy further confessed in a whisper, "And some stuffed animals in your bedroom."

"And a little glass tank filled with bugs in there too." Bunga added with his claws behind his back.

"And a speedy emergency slide in case you need to escape the castle if there’s a fire.” Fuli added with her eyes looking backwards as she sheepishly confessed too.

“With strong support rocks and beams that I helped put into place when helping Fuli build it.” Beshte added being the only one willing to look at Twilight in the eyes when confessing.

Just then the entire group flinched when another confetti cannon exploded. "What was that?!" Kion asked in surprise.

Ono sighed. "Another one of Pinkie Pie's confetti cannons."

"What? It's not my fault I hid them so well!"

The entire group laughed as they all moved to make themselves home with a little dinner party in the recently decorated castle dining room filled with new memories to make going forward. And Twilight can thank her most loyal and closet friends for making it all happen by sticking with her through and through.

Author's Note:

As you have probably read by now, for the first Breather Episode since Testing 1, 2, 3, this episode has well of course the alicorn princess trying to adjust to her new home which is evidently an emotional work in progress. Thankfully her friends were all there to help her even though it took some squabbling and diversions in order to keep their friend away up until sunset.

Anyways, there really isn't much to explain other than Kiara gets to spend more quality time with Twilight, along with Fuli and Kyoga playing Only Sane Girls amongst the argument that ensued in the mess that followed in their first disastrous attempt before they were able to resolve the matter, and only then some of their ideas were incorporated into the castle.

Moving along from the Twilight-centric episodes, next up is that time for Rainbow Dash's pet Tank as she tackles a tough lesson when winter is right around the corner, so keep your eyes peeled (as in look out for it) next week, so stay tuned and Happy Valentine's Day...

PreviousChapters Next