• Published 4th Feb 2023
  • 1,597 Views, 155 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 5) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion and Pony Guard face new friendship lessons and challenges as they continue to expand it across Equestria and the Pride Lands

  • ...
1
 155
 1,597

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 31: Crusaders of the Lost Mark

Episode 31:

Crusaders of the Lost Mark

“Wow!” Shakku spoke up upon seeing the many, many papers of various activities posted around the walls of the CMC clubhouse. “Hard to believe that this is how many things our friends tried to do in an attempt to gain their cutie marks.” He said to his buddy Gumba who is looking on the X marks on all of the things they have tried and failed in earning their cutie marks while doing so.

“No kidding. It’s like they actually tried almost every single thing they can think of at this point.” Gumba said in agreement. “Archery, Bowling, Cooking, Dental care…”

“…along with eating, hang gliding, kite flying, news story writing, selling things…”

“…pig farming, taffy making, hairdressing, chicken herding, carpentry, jugging…” Mtoto added.

“…don’t forget square dancing, tight-rope walking, tiger-taming…” Kwato further chimed in.

“How did they think they were going to tame a tiger?” Kambuni asked finding the idea itself impossible for their age.

“They thought if they treated it like Rarity’s cat it would get all friendly with them.” Shakku answered.

“Too bad that wasn’t the case.” Gumba commented. “They were all pretty lucky it was at a zoo that tried it at aside from the somewhere in the other world because they sure would have kitty kibble by now.”

“Um Gumba…” Kwato corrected. “That was actually when Fluttershy, Beshte, Rainbow, Fuli, Applejack, and Rarity took us on trip to where the tigers live in the Backlands who by the way rescued them before they could even lay a claw on them. Ponyville doesn’t have a zoo.”

“They don’t?” He could have sworn that they did.

“No.” Kwato shook her head. “Fluttershy wouldn’t allow it due to feeling that the animals there would be upset of being forced to live there.”

“And it wouldn’t be very kind of anypony to do it.” Kambuni added. “And that’s of course against her element.”

“Right. Right…”

“I guess now watch and see what the fellow Crusaders have in mind this time.” Gumba said figuring that’s what their latest meeting is going to be about while watching them enter the treehouse so they can discuss it.

“Yep.” Shakku nodded as they see the meeting is now about to begin.

Apple Bloom moved to sit onto of a box while trying the stand she has set up is a booth with a microphone on top before beginning their meeting. “Okay, Crusaders! Back to the business of earnin' our cutie marks! Any suggestions?" Apple Bloom said while sitting on a box, pointing her hoof at a chart of items crossed out with red Xs.

"No, we've tried everything!" Scootaloo sadly replied.

"We've run out of ideas." Sweetie Belle added in the same tone as she sadly looked at her still blank flank.

“So what?” Gumba asked speaking his mind just when it seems like they have given up trying. “Just because you haven’t found your true calling doesn’t mean you shouldn’t keep trying. I mean surely there has to be something you haven’t tried yet.”

“Like what?” Scootaloo asked confused. “Because I’m pretty sure we did try everything we can think of.”

“So then think again. Think long and hard and think deep of what you haven’t tried already.” The baboon further advised. “Think like our teacher Rafiki.”

“Yeah, exactly!” Shakku agreed already seeing what he is saying. “He sure said some words of wisdom that are worth listening to.”

“Like what?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Maybe it’s something that you aren’t quite seeing.” Mtoto suggested. “Maybe something that you might be actually overlooking.”

“Right of course.” Kambuni realized upon recalling what their teacher said to them during one of his classes. “I remember what it was.” She then got down on her legs and moved to meditate like he would during lunch and recess along with his off days back in the Pride Lands.


“To find it, you must look beyond what you see.”

“What does that mean?” Kambuni asked during one of his current meditation sessions. “I mean…” She quickly apologized upon realizing she forgot her manners. “…Rafiki, forgive my interruption but…”

“It’s all right little ostrich.” He assured as he still kept looking ahead. “I haven’t seen your friends since lunch began.”

“Truthfully I was on my way to get some water when I overheard you talking in meditation. And I was left wondering what you meant by what you just said.”

“I see.” He turned around to face while gesturing her to come inside the classroom. “Well if you join me in meditation, I’d be more than happy to answer your question.”

Kambuni moved to do so while adopting the same meditation position he is currently doing.

“Find your center…” He advised before turning around with Kambuni moving to copy his form. “…focus your energy…and…”

“To find it, you must look beyond what you see. In order to do so you look beyond what you see.” He peeked up an eye at the same time Kambuni moved to do the same. ”Now…look out this here window and tell me what you see.”

Kambuni moved to do so with only one open eye as she did as she was told. When she did she saw many of her classmates playing and having fun together in the school playground.

Well most everyone as she witnessed Diamond Tiara and her buddy Silver Spoon about to pick on another student…Pipsqueak…again.

They just about to approach him when the Cutie Mark Crusaders quickly intercepted them before it could even happen. Said standoff took several seconds of bickering, arguing, shouting, and a lot of yelling, amongst one another until the verbally defeated bullies finally left when the trio stood their ground against them with proud smirks.

After they had left, Pipsqueak gratefully hugged the fillies for their bravery before inviting them to do something fun with him as thanks for sticking up for him. The kids graciously accepted the offer while thinking of what they just did just simply satisfied with the fact they did what they did.

She then closed her eyes again to resume meditation alongside Rafiki for the rest of recess feeling content with this for an every other day experience ever since.


Back in the present day…

“So you see, that’s what I think you all should try doing if you really want to earn your cutie marks.” Kambuni explained. “Maybe instead of trying something new, try something that you all do best.”

“Beyond what you see?” Scootaloo pondered unsure of what to make the mandrills words of wisdom.

“I know it sounds hard to understand but if you ask me I think the answer might be something that you have already done without realizing it.”

“Okay…I guess. But still…”

“You’ll know when it happens. Trust me. You can never go wrong with the words of wisdom from Rafiki himself.”

“That’s true.” Mtoto agreed. “Beshte would say the same thing if he were here.”

“But what if we never find our true calling?” Sweetie Belle voiced with a lack of optimism.

Apple Bloom could not believe what she was hearing. She jumped from her box and spoke up to her friends with a sense of encouragement to rise their spirits back up. "Are you kiddin' me, Crusaders? We can do better than that!"

“Yeah!” Kwato cheered in agreement. “One way or another you all will get your cutie marks no matter how long it takes. You all just need to keeping trying.”

Music filled the air as Apple Bloom started to sing:

Apple Bloom:

“We've been searchin' for our cutie marks

For a while now

Tryin' to find out how we fit in

So many ways we've tried before

But we keep on tryin' more…”

Cutie Mark Crusaders:

“'Cause the Cutie Mark Crusaders don't give in.”

Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo quickly realized how foolish they were talking . Even though the results yielded no results in gaining their cutie marks, they never stopped trying and kept coming up with new ideas every day. Heck, that’s the reason why they are the CMC, they have hearts as strong as their hooves.

Mtoto, Gumba, Shakku, Kwato, and Kambuni joined in on the song too.

Mtoto:

“Though your journey has lasted long.”

Kwato:

“That doesn't mean you should say it's done.”

Kambuni:

“Because we know, deep inside, you'll find the light that shines within.”

The Lion Guard fan club.

“Cause the Cutie Mark Crusaders don't give in.”

All Together:

“We'll make our mark

One way or another

We'll make our mark

On the day that we discover

The ultimate reward of our cutie marks!”

Apple Bloom:

"Now, that's more like it!"

After the song ended their thoughts were suddenly interrupted when they heard a voice call out to them.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders! Help!" The door of the clubhouse busted open courtesy Pipsqueak entering their clubhouse with an urgent look on his face.

"What's wrong, Pipsqueak?" Apple Bloom asked.

"I'm running for student pony president, I was hoping you three would be my campaign managers!"

The three female fillies smiled in response at their request.

"We've never tried gettin' our cutie marks in campaign managin'!" Apple Bloom commented.

“And with all else failed, this could be another opportunity to help a friend in need.” Gumba brought up.

“And maybe achieve what you have been waiting to earn for so very long.” Kwato added.

“It could be.” Apple Bloom agreed while turning to everyone of her friends standing beside her. “What do ya say, Crusaders?"

"Yeah! Hoof!"

The Crusaders and Lion Guard fan club high fived with their hooves, ready to help their friend out. Pipsqueak tried to get up and join but couldn’t due to his short height. Hence his nickname. Sweetie Belle kindly levitated him with her magic so he could join in. He felt very relieved and glad by that gesture along with the fact that he has help from none other than the Cutie Mark Crusaders who are all very good at coming to their and another friends need when the situation calls for it.


The following day, the Crusaders got to work in helping Pipsqueak get elected as student pony president. Their first stop was the school's playground. Sweetie Belle pushed a box and Kwato placed Pip onto it. Apple Bloom tried to get the other fillies attention, but none of them seemed to be hearing a word she is saying. Mtoto moved to put his loud trunk to good use while inhaling a big deep breath before giving a loud one to match a young filly alicorn’s Royal Canterlot voice.

"So, Pip, how would you help the school if you were elected student pony president?" Apple Bloom asked once all eyes and ears were on them.

"Our playground equipment took quite a beating during Twilight and Kion's battle with Tirek!" The little colt started as the students all got a good look at the playground itself. It is indeed, a massive wreck. The swings could hardly withstand one pony’s weight, the teeter-totters had no teeter in their tots, the merry-go-round didn't go as fast as it once did, and nopony could climb the monkey bars.

“Took them long enough.” Shakku said to Gumba in a hushed tone.

“Sure did.”

"If I'm voted in as student pony president, I'll go to the school board and right this wrong!" Pip stomped his hoof onto the box in determination to make good on it. All of the foals cheered upon hearing this, while the kids standing by his side smiled with satisfaction knowing that they might have this election in the bag as long as they have everypony’s support.

Of course as always there is that one particular pony who is not happy with what she is seeing, Diamond Tiara watching the whole scene on with a look of disgust on her face.

"Well, I think that's a ridiculous waste of money!" She said as she roughly made her way through the crowd with her head held up high like the princess she believed she was. "It's just like when Twist proposed to repair the window that Discord destroyed!" She said while narrowing her eyes at the little foal, who flinched upon seeing her approach him.

"She just wanted to repair it like a plain old schoolhouse window. But you all know voting for me was the best choice because I convinced the school board to give that window visual appeal!"

Said appeal featured herself in her smug and self-absorbed glory all while acting all high and mighty.

“Oh no…” Shakku remarked with deadpan annoyance with her once more upon seeing her. “…not her again.”

“Geez. Does that pony ever learn after having humble pie handed to her over and over again?” Gumba expressed with equal annoyance.

“Not while her mother Spoiled Rich is president of the school board.” Apple Bloom commented.

“Of course, given that she is one of the richest ponies in Ponyville.”

“Go figures.”

"Exactly!" Silver Spoon stated in agreement, equally smug as Diamond in the face of the annoyed looks on the other kids faces, including Pipsqueak, the Lion Guard fan club, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. "Which is why when Diamond Tiara is voted student pony president, the school will be putting a statue of her in the center of our schoolyard!"

Diamond Tiara quickly pulled her aside for a quick word speaking with gritted teeth as that did not sit well for her. "Silver Spoon! That was my big announcement for when I won!"

"I was only trying to help." Silver Spoon innocently defended.

"I don't need that kind of help!"

Silver Spoon lowered her ears feeling hurt by that remark as she truly was just trying help her best and only friend. Ever since the little kids, close friends to the Lion and Pony Guard been standing up to Diamond more and more, the more nastier her friend has become even to her.

"Haven't we all had enough of Diamond Tiara?" Apple Bloom said to the students.

"Do we really need a big statue of her?" Scootaloo added.

"Especially where our playground equipment should be?" Sweetie Belle further emphasized.

Diamond Tiara narrowed her eyes once all of the students started speaking with one another, all murmuring in agreement at what Sweetie Belle had just said. A statue of Diamond Tiara would be rather hard for them to play on. In fact there might not even be enough room for them to play on school grounds should one be built in the middle of the playground.

“You know Diamond Tiara…” Shakku spoke up. “…if I was rich as you I could afford to have some manners.”

“Yeah!” Gumba agreed. “Not only you could also afford to help actually put forward the money into stuff we really need instead of wasting it on something that only reminds us of the mean, narcissistic, selfish, and vain pony any of us have ever met!”

“And maybe if you actually pretend to have a heart, maybe you’d still have others by your side.” Kwato stated in agreement.

“And maybe you wouldn’t have ponies here already starting a riot.” Kambuni added as she quickly spotted some ponies somehow managing to obtain pitchforks and torches to which Rafiki was quick to shoo the pony vendor away before they could obtain them.

Pip stood tall on the horseshoe arch as he stood tall and proud with great humility. “A vote for Pip is a vote for the playground!"

"A vote for Diamond Tiara is a vote for more Diamond Tiara!" She boasted vainly as always yet unaware of how much she is actually doing more harm than good while doing so.

The Crusaders and Lion Guard Fan Club all joined Pipsqueak on top of the arch as they all began singing to their fellow classmates.

Cutie Mark Crusaders:

“It's time to make a change

This is our chance

Don't be afraid to do what's right

(He's it! Vote for Pip!).”

Lion Guard Fan Club:

“You've got an opportunity

To have fun again

A vote for Pip, and you can join the fight.”

The friends marched behind Pip, who walked among the foals like the leader he truly was deep inside. He cared about the students and their problems more than himself.

CMC and Lion Guard Fan Club:

“It's time for a new leader

It's time to make a change

We're here to fight for what we believe

(Vote for Pip!)

It's finally time we beat her

And play a better game

'Cause when we vote together

There's nothing that we can't achieve.”

Diamond Tiara snarled angrily in response as she spoke/sang in response to the gathered classmates. Given her reputation they all feared her, and she knew it used it to her advantage.

Diamond Tiara:

“I don't believe what I am hearing

I'm the only one you should be cheering

Pipsqueak? Try "Pip's weak!" Don't you think?

But a diamond is perfection

It's natural selection

So your vote better be for me, not the weakest link.”

Apple Bloom:

"We'll let the votin' decide!"

The rich pony smiled slyly as she locked eyes on various foals around the yard. Eyes that spot out her prey from a hundred yards away.

Diamond Tiara:

“Everypony has their little secrets

I know you do

A vote for me will help you keep them safe.”

"Like your creepy super strength!" she said to one filly, who used her strength to lift half of the school to get her missing ball. She blushed in humiliation and released the building in response.

“Or your mane extension

A little thing I won't mention

Or those freakish large teeth in your face!”

Apple Bloom:

"Come on now, ponies! Don't listen to her!"

Cutie Mark Crusaders:

“You've gotta vote for change

It's time for a new leader

End all the tyranny

Vote now and we can beat her

It's now another day

And we believe in what's right.”

Lion Guard Fan Club:

“Vote for Pip! Vote for Pip!"

CMC and Lion Guard Fan Club:

Our victory is in sight.”

Even Diamond Tiara's threats weren't enough to cow the foals in following her this time around. While they were still afraid of her, they weren’t about to put up with her selfish desires in favor of using their resources into getting something the school truly needs. And to be quite honest, they would rather their secrets open for everyone to know than have it be used as personal leverage for a bully who lacks what a true leader should have deep down inside their hearts.

All of the little ones gathered to vote for their new president, with many of them going towards Pip’s favor. But even still Diamond Tiara wasn't about to let that happen.

Diamond Tiara:

"Stop! Everypony who hasn't voted, listen up!"

Pip makes promises he can't keep

But I can do more.”

"You could really use a new book bag" She said to one classmate with a worn out and torn up bag overflowed with more books that she can carry. Though then again she didn’t help her cause by tauntingly dangle it in front of the filly just out of her reach.

“'Cause I'll make things happen

That none of you here can afford

To do, like, ever!”

She started handing out free candy and umbrellas.

“Wouldn't you like a little something sweet?

Here's a parasol to hide you from the heat

Who says that I can't be nice?

But first there's one thing

An itsy-bitsy little string

And voting for me is the price!”

Silver Spoon tapped her on the shoulder to get her best friend’s attention.

Silver Spoon:

“I've a tiny suggestion

That you should be aware

You could probably win this election

If you show them all you real—“

Diamond Tiara:

"I don't recall asking you to speak!"

Everyone gasped in shock by that sudden outburst as this was a true first that has ever happened. To her one and only best friend no less.

Silver Spoon herself was equally shocked as well. By then it was clear that the pony truly does only care about herself. While she may go along with many of her plots and schemes, she knew when to draw the line at times and knew that’s how friends treat one another.

"Well, if that's how you treat your best friend, then I choose Pipsqueak!" Kambuni stated while raising one of her wings into the air.

"You don't got to this school." Sweetie Belle pointed out.

"Then, you guys should choose Pipsqueak!" Kwato stated while holding the little filly’s forearm up.

Cutie Mark Crusaders:

“Stand strong and don't be afraid, ponies

Let's free ourselves from the past.”

Foals:

“He's it! Vote for Pip! Vote!

CMC and Lion Guard Fan Club:

“We'll let honor win out against the tyranny

And make a change that will last…”

Foals:

“Vote for Pip!”

And that’s exactly what they all did. Everyone now knew who the perfect pony for the job is. At the end of the day, it is the pony’s heart not size that truly matters. With all said and done, the votes all were placed one by one as they vote for the pony who truly deserves the position the most.

CMC and Lion Guard Fan Club:

“It's time for a new leader

It's time to make a change

We're here to fight for what we believe.”

Foals:

“Vote for Pip!”

CMC and Lion Guard Fan Club:

“It's finally time we beat her

And play a better game

'Cause when we vote together

There's nothing that we can't achieve.”

Foals:

“Vote for Pip!”


Sometime later, Cheerlie stepped forward in front of every student alongside Rafiki with the results on a clipboard in her hoof. "The votes have been counted The student pony president is…"

Pip bit on his hoof, sweating nervously as their teacher moved to announce the winner's name for all ears to hear. At the same time, Diamond Tiara was looking on smugly and proud, confident that she won as she waited to hear the name…

"Pipsqueak!"

"Huh?!" Her eyes widened in shock and horror while the other students cheered for their new president. She couldn’t comprehend how this happened, to her she’s feeling like this has to be a mistake unable to accept her loss.

"Oh, my gosh, Crusaders! Pip won!" Apple Bloom cheered in delight.

"We did it!" Both Shakku and Gumba high fived each other in excitement.

"I couldn't have won without the hard work of my campaign managers, the Cutie Mark Crusaders!" Pip said, smiling gratefully at said the loyal trio themselves.

"Campaign manager cutie marks!" Sweetie Belle looked at her flank, the same time Scootaloo and Apple Bloom looked at theirs…but of course as always, no such marks appeared there. While happy as they were that Pip won, once more they were upset that doing such a good deed itself like that wasn’t enough to earn their cutie marks. Just what exactly are they overlooking?

Diamond Tiara laughed in their faces, earning disgusted looks and scornful glares from the other students, along with the teachers themselves. "Guess you're not as good as you thought, blank flanks! In fact, I demand a recount!"

“Trust me, Diamond Tiara. Pip won." Cheerilee said with the counted votes and clipboard to prove it.

“And it is definitely no error, little one.” Rafiki added to the heated pony herself. “Don’t believe us…” He gestured and offered to allow her inside. “…count them yourself.”

"I'll gladly be the judge of that, Miss Cheerilee! Mr. Rafiki" With her head held up high, Diamond Tiara walked into the school and recounted each of the votes herself.

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! One vote!" She screamed off the top of her lungs as she angrily approached her best friend after her most recent discovery. "Silver Spoon! You didn't vote for me?!"

"No, I didn't." She coldly replied without hesitation or regret much to the pink filly’s shock.

"But you're my best friend!"

"Am I? 'Cause I tried to help by mentioning your 'surprise' statue, and suddenly I wasn't even allowed to speak! You could have actually won this election if you just listened to me. You wanna know how?" Silver Spoon used her hoof to close Diamond Tiara's mouth, which had dropped open due to the shock and whispered, "Sorry. I'm not allowed to speak."

Diamond Tiara's anger boiled over as she screamed in rage before galloping away. The CMC, Lion Guard Fan Club, and Pip looked on in surprise, but Silver Spoon only scoffed in response.

"What? I don't have to follow her drum anymore." She defended before walking off. To her it felt satisfying to do this as she had it coming for a long time after spending it up until this point being nothing but loyal and respectful to most of her wishes.

Afterwards, the Cutie Mark Crusaders looked on in the direction from where Diamond Tiara had run off to. They were starting to feel bad for her while Shakku and Gumba cheered in delight with what they just saw.

"Woohoo!" That'll show her!"

“Long live the Queen!”

“Shakku! Gumba!” Their friends scolded.

“What?!”

“Oh, don’t tell you’re all now actually feeling sorry for her.”

The two defended while highly surprised at the frowns they were getting in response.

“Because we should.” Mtoto said assertively. “Just because a pony’s mean doesn’t mean said pony doesn’t have feelings.”

“I’d hate to say it but Mtoto’s right.” Kwato commented.

Apple Bloom came to agree with them too. “I know Diamond Tiara's been pretty awful, but… we should probably make sure she's okay."

“Do we have to?”

“Even though we don’t owe her anything?!”

Apple Bloom still remained firm about it. "Just 'cause she's never cared about anypony else's feelings doesn't mean we shouldn't care about hers."

Both Shakku and Gumba looked on flabbergasted in response before giving up in frustration.

“True, true…”

“That’s what Fluttershy would say if she were here.”

“Okay.”

“Let’s go find and check up on her.”

"And how was your selfishness any different from Diamond Tiara's?"


The Crusaders and Lion Guard Fan Club followed the upset pony across town until she reached a large house that definitely belongs to a rich pony that had to be her’s. The door opened and a female pony exited. Said pony has a darker pink coat, grayish pink eyes, and a moderate magenta mane and tail. She also wore a light blue top shirt and a golden necklace around her neck, and her cutie mark was a diamond ring. Said pony is Diamond Tiara’s mother, Spoiled Rich.

Once the mare saw her child walk by, she called out to her. "Diamond Tiara! Why are you making that face? That is not the face of a winner."

Her daughter did not look proud in the slightest, she was instead practically on the verge of tears barely mustering the strength to look at her mother in the eyes as she broke the bad news to her.

"Because… I didn't win."

"What?! You mean I hefted all these party supplies to celebrate nothing?!" Spoiled Rich angrily yelled while the servants removed the party decorations, food and grand marble statue of her daughter in place of what was supposed to be for celebrating her supposed victory.

"Sorry mother."

Now she felt completely disgusted finding any loss no matter how small unacceptable, deeming it unworthy of the family name as she then moved to harshly berate her. “It's bad enough you lost to that transplant from Trottingham, but imagine if you'd lost to one of those blank flanks." Spoiled Rich gagged in disgust to further emphasize it. "As a Rich pony, you must always think of your social standing. That starts here in Ponyville and reaches all over Equestria. Don't ever forget that, Diamond Tiara. Ever!"

Diamond Tiara flinched once more, along with the unnoticed bystanders. The Ce Crusaders and Lion Guard Fan Club all watched the whole thing, heard every word and for the very first time…their own hearts began to feel pity for her. To think that all of this time she was doing all of this to gain her mother's approval, thus molding the harsh and mean exterior on the surface while inside is nothing more than a sad empty pony with no much-needed love in her heart.

Diamond Tiara remained silent once her mother walked back inside before walking off in sadness with the only other pony she looked up once more frowning in disappointment with her. No matter what she did, nothing got on her mother’s good side, not even being rich and mean like her.

Diamond Tiara:

“If I'm a diamond

Then why do I feel so rough?

I'm as strong as a stone

Even that's not enough

There's something jagged in me

And I've made such mistakes

I thought that diamonds were hard

Though I feel I could break

Would you believe

That I've always wished I could be somepony else?

Yet I can't see

What I need to do to be the pony I want to be.”

The pony watched as her tears fell from her eyes and into the lake bellow the bridge from which she stood. She looked at her reflection and she witnessed others that were having a good time with one another with one thing they all have in common. Friendship and love all rolled into one fully functioning warm heart. She saw the Cakes with their babies, saw Rainbow Dash flying above the clouds with Fluttershy, even spotted Bunga and Beshte laughing like brothers thicker than water.

“I've been told my whole life

What to do, what to say

Nopony showed me that

There might be some better way

And now I feel like I'm lost

I don't know what to do

The ground is sinking away

I'm about to fall through

Would you believe

That I've always wished I could be somepony else?

Yet I can't see

What I need to do to be the pony I want to be...

To be the pony I want to be.”

As the downcast pony walked away, the Crusaders and Lion Guard Fan Club watched on sadly in her direction.

“Dang…!”

“Harsh…”

Both Shakku and Gumba were the first to speak their minds of what they just saw with their opinion of the filly doing a full 180 with that one scene with her abusive mother alone opening their eyes to why they should take pity for her.

Mtoto sniffled as he began to cry. “No kidding.” He blew his trumpet while wiping the tears from his eyes with his trunk.

"Is it weird that I feel bad for her?" Sweetie Belle asked the others.

"If it is, then... I'm weird, too." Scootaloo commented all while scratching the back of her head like she too had a sudden 180 view on the school bully kick in.

"She wants to change, but she doesn't know how." Kambuni commented while turning to the others wondering what they should do about it.

"Seems like she could use a friend or two to help her find the way." Sweetie Belle voiced feeling they maybe they should try to connect with her and help her feel better so that way her heart could be more open up to friendship like them. The others all nodded and said yes in agreement.


The next day after school, the Crusaders caught up with Diamond Tiara. She had tried to talk with Silver Spoon again, only to be coldly rebuffed in response. She didn't want anything to do with her. Ever.

The pony was just about to head on home until Apple Bloom’s voice called out to her. "Hey, Diamond Tiara! Wait up!"

Diamond Tiara frowned with narrowed eyes in response figuring this is just to be further taken down a peg, especially after all of the times she had taunted them and made fun of their blank flanks.

"What do you three want? To gloat? Rub in my defeat? Don't forget, I could burry you in mud if I wanted to!"

Apple Bloom said otherwise as she shook her head. "Actually, we wanted to invite you to our clubhouse to hang out."

Diamond Tiara reeled back in surprise by that offer since they had never done so before not even from the first time they met.

"Really?"

"Yeah, for real!" Scootaloo said with a smile. "Our friends from the Lion Guard Fan Club are there waiting for us."

"And they're hoping to see you." Sweetie Belle added.

"Is this some kind of joke?" Diamond Tiara asked feeling this is just a setup of some sort. "Payback for those "blank flank" comments?!"

"No, not at all. We just didn't want you to be alone, is all."

Diamond Tiara arched an eyebrow, "No…tricks?"

"Nope!" Sweetie Belle again shook her head along with while giving honest and genuine smiles.

While still unsure, Diamond Tiara felt it was the next best thing compared to enduring another afternoon and evening of more emotional abusive from her mother. What does she got to lose at this point?

"Well, thanks to you all, I don't have any important class president business to attend to or anything. So I might as well."

Sweetie Belle arched an eyebrow in response. "That sounds like a yes..."


Back at the clubhouse, the kids from the Lion Guard fan club are all having fun playing together as they passed the time waiting for Diamond Tiara to show up alongside the Cutie Mark Crusaders. The rich pony upon arriving was rather curious upon seeing them. To her it was what the Lion and Pony Guard would do on a daily basis. Patrolling the Pride Lands and Ponyville all while taking down bad guys while they were at. To her, it sure looked fun to watch.

“What are they doing?" Diamond asked while curiously watching on.

“Playing pretend Lion Guard.” Scootaloo answered. “Right now they are pretending that Janja and his hyenas are invading the Pride Lands.”

“Is that right?”

“Yep.” The Pride Landers gathered together upon seeing she has arrived.

“Oh, hey!” Mtoto greeted. “So glad you could make it!”

“Uh, yeah. And you’re all pretending to be the Lion Guard?”

“Uh-huh.”

“So who’s…” She said with a hoof pointing at each of him and his friends/

“Oh yeah! I’m Applejack and Beshte…”

“As always.” Gumba stated much to his friend’s slight embarrassment.

“He’s Ono…Kwato is Kion, Kambuni is Fuli, and Gumba is both Bunga and Pinkie.”

“And since we’re the Pony Guard, I’m the Dash, Sweetie’s Rarity, and Apple Bloom is both Kion and Twilight.” Scootaloo added.

“But if that’s so, who’s playing the hyenas?” Diamond asked still confused.

“Nobody.” Mtoto shrugged. “We just pretend they’re behind us and act just like the Lion and Pony Guard would if they were here.”

“All while taking turns being different members!” Kambuni added. “Expect for Mtoto of course.”

“Like this!” Mtoto demonstrated he lead everyone on towards an empty bush pretending said enemies are hiding there. “To the Pride Lands and Equestria’s end…”

“Lion and Pony Guard defend!” All of the kids minus Diamond Tiara all charged towards the bushes where the real Lion and Pony Guard would expect to find them trying to hide there.

Much to Diamond’s surprise there were actual critters dressed and painted like hyenas lurking in the bushes

“Aah!” She yelped upon seeing them.

“It’s okay! They’re not real hyenas! They’re just some of Fluttershy’s critter friends who by the way really enjoy playing this game!” Scootaloo quickly assured while charging ahead on four hooves to deliver a super speedy blow much like her big sister followed by sweeping the critter of his feet. “Yeah! That’s what I’m talking about!” She followed it up with a raspberry at her defeated opponent.

Of course while it is all family-friendly since Fluttershy is never a pony who takes kindly to any of her critter friends (or any other animal getting hurt in that matter) very well, it didn’t stop the kids from having fun or even feeling happy that they can do this together as friends.

“Wouldn’t that attract unwanted attention from the actual Lion and Pony Guard? Like playing and impersonating officers?”

“Not if we don’t do it while the real Guard is on patrol.” Mtoto assured they have learned their lesson from day one in that regard, especially after nearly becoming Janja and his pack’s snacks that day. “And if you’re worried about them, don’t. They’re out patrolling in the Pride Lands right now.”

“Yep.” Sweetie agreed while performing a swift series of punches and kicks much like her big sister Rarity would do in this kind of situation when surrounded by four hyena-colored critters. “As long as we play it right, it’s all good!”

“Yeah!” Apple Bloom agreed while ducking a critter trying to pounce onto her. “No harm, no foul!”

Diamond Tiara could not help but feel strange inside, like she is now seeing things from a new perspective. She’s hardly been out long enough to actually know what spending time with friends and having fun is given that she mostly spends picking on other fillies along with trying to follow in her mother’s hoof steps. It this is all being shown to her by the fillies and kids she antagonized the most.

She continuing watching as Mtoto used his trunk as an arm to bring down critters that tried to leap onto him like Applejack would do if she had her lasso with her. Kambuni gave the biggest, hardest, glare her eyes would give to another critter who reacted just like he would if those were Fluttershy’s eyes looking right at her right now. Then she spotted Shakku and Gumba tag teaming as they moved to leap over every hyena colored critter by jumping on top of their heads all while shouting…

“Hey!”

“Excuse us!”

“Coming through!”

“Zuka Zama!”

Much like Bunga and Pinkie would if it was them.

As she processed all of this as she watched Kwato give a swift kick to another critter, she was beginning to smile in delight…not because out of sadistic pleasure, but more of the fact that all of these kids are all having fun together, like a warm and peaceful feeling has got inside her heart.

She then felt Apple Bloom nudge her gently. "Come on, why don’t you join us!” She offered.

“We could use another member to help us out with the jackals that have now arrived.” Mtoto added just when more critters arrived all wearing colors to dress themselves like the jackals as they all regrouped with the hyena-dressed critters who are all picking themselves off of their paws.

Diamond looked on unsure at first, before working up the courage to raise a hoof in their direction as if she’ll join in…before being whisked on over with the rest of their friends by the little elephant’s trunk.

“Come on!

“You know you want to try it!”

Both Shakku and Gumba tempted as they appeared on top of her.

Upon seeing the encouraging smiles around she moved to join them as the hyenas and jackals all grouped together ready for one last fight. One look from the critters make it clear they are not going down without a fight and are prepared for things to go down the hard way should they refuse to take the easy.

“Do you remember how Kyoga fights?” Kambuni asked to the pony who shook her head yes while truthfully unsure since she isn’t a magic girl.

“Not to worry, it’s easy. You’ll get it as the fight goes on.” Kwato assured as they all took fighting stances ready to charge at the same time their opponents do.

“Just pretend you can punch and kick like you would in martial arts class along with imagining yourself shooting magic from your mind.” Mtoto further advised before turning their heads back to the critters all getting ready to charge. “You ready!” He asked everyone else who looked ready for one more fight. “Then let’s do this!”

“Let’s!” Diamond stated equally ready much to everyone’s else delight to see that she is on aboard.

One of the lead critters cried out that gives the order to order the attack before leading the charge. All of the critters all moved to advance on the kids at the same time they moved to do the same. And every moment of it was like the Lion and Pony Guard would have done if this is the real thing along with some fire and flames surrounding them.

Apple Bloom as Kion and Twilight plowed right into the leader who called for the attack while Scootaloo knocked the jackal-dressed critter who greatly resembles Reirei off of her feet. Mtoto plowed into another hyena dressed critter while Kwato effortlessly kicked away three more all ganging up on her.

Diamond Tiara while initially unsure of what Kyoga would do if she were here remembered her fighting moves before donning a staff which is really a long thin branch that fell onto the ground before charging towards a large pack of hyenas and jackals combined. She spotted the critters all ganging up on both Kwato and Kambuni before quickly yelling out a battle cry before taking them on. She swiftly landed successful punches, kicks, and whacks from her staff even pretending to use her mind like she is harnessing her magic at them. And amazingly, the critters all pretended to be frozen in place before moving to swiftly fly away like they are being hoisted away in thin air.

Shakku and Gumba who were both just tricking a couple of critters into crashing into each other both looked on very impressed with seeing her in action along with both Kambuni and Kwato. For never before have they seen her with such fighting spirit inside of her.

By then the critters all retreated when said leader called for it after seeing the fight is too much for them but not with turning back and approaching them as friends as this was really all just an act, all chattering with excitement with what they just seen today.

“Wow! Um, thanks!” Diamond returned with a smile as the critters all shook her hooves before making their way back to the cottage. “I’m guessing they were saying I was amazing?”

“Are you kidding?!” Scootaloo asked as if it was a joke. “That was amazing!”

“Yeah!” Apple Bloom agreed feeling very impressed. “I don’t think I ever seen you fight like that!”

“Me neither!” Sweetie Belle also voiced feeling equally impressed. “Do you take karate?”

“The night class.” She admitted. “One of the times of the day I can do something on my own that is of course thanks to my mother signing me up wanting to me to be able to fight and defend myself when necessary.”

“Really?” Mtoto curiously asked the filly who nodded.

“Yeah.”

“But if it’s true, then how we come we never seen you use before?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Along with the many past encounters.” Gumba added.

Diamond simply shrugged. “Mainly since my intimidation alone is enough that I didn’t really need to use it…That and the fact one of the main rules of karate is that it is to be used for self-defense, never for vengeance.”

“Interesting.” Shakku commented feeling very interested with this discovery. “Nice to hear that even a local school bully has standards.”

“But you still had fun right?” Kwato asked.

"The most fun I've had in so long!" She stated with genuine happiness before reverting back to her usual prideful nature upon realizing what she was saying. "I mean…it was okay, I guess."

Despite her refusal to admit it, the little group of friends knew that she was coming out of her shell and seeing her take that first step was good enough progress for the time being. And that was enough for them to smile with satisfaction along with a taste of smugness that Diamond would usually give them on one of her worst days.


After the event, the friends took Diamond Tiara inside the clubhouse, where she got to see where they held all of their meetings and such. She walked up to a chart on the wall, the one with all of the crossed off activities they had failed at receiving their cutie marks at.

"So, do you three just sit around here plotting out different ways to try and get your cutie marks?"

"Actually, yeah." Apple Bloom replied.

"And we help in any way we can." Mtoto added.

“Within reason of course.” Kwato said.

"You three are…" Diamond Tiara was silent for a second before continuing, "…really lucky."

"We are?!"

To the Cutie Mark Crusaders this was something they never ever expected to hear from her, not even in a hundred years.

“Really?”

“How so?”

Both the mongoose and baboon spoke being the most surprised out of the whole bunch.

"I mean, you get to explore all these options, learning who you really are before you're stuck with something you don't understand."

The others looked on surprise upon seeing to see this snobby and obnoxious pony suddenly open up like this as this is literally the first time any of them have actually seen a more vulnerable and softer side to her.

Kambuni stepped forward before lowering her neck down to the pony's level. "But… you've done that, right?" She asked.

Diamond Tiara quickly regained her composure and reverted back to her so called confident self.

"Yeah, 'cause I have my cutie mark!" She asserted while pointing at her mark, "And I'm not struggling at all to figure out who I'm supposed to be and what I'm supposed to be doing with this mark that's already on my flank!"

The others arched an eyebrow in response.

"Uh… are you sure about that?" Mtoto asked.

Diamond Tiara scoffed and narrowed her eyes back at him. "That's a weird question."

"Not really, since we kind of overheard you yesterday." Sweetie Belle said.

"Were you trying to get your cutie mark in spying? Is that on your little chart?" She quickly and angrily accused.

"No!” She calmly shook her head and continuing explaining herself speaking heart to heart with her. “We were just worried about you when you lost the election, and then you lost your friend, and then your mom yelled at you…" The more she spoke, the more depressed and hurt Diamond Tiara looked. They had finally figured out the true nature of her attitude, and now she felt she was loosing what she had now that the secret was out.

Apple Bloom approached the pony, placing a hoof on her shoulder, "We know you wanna change, and we think we can help."

"Help? Me? Why would I need help?"

“Because that’s what many ponies and Pride Landers would need in a time like this…” Shakku explained. “…whether they want it or not whether they feel they truly don’t deserve help.”

“And the funny thing being, we didn’t think at first you were deserving of our help until we got a good look at the root of your problem.” Gumba chuckled while trying to laugh it off as a joke to no avail. “Anyways…I know you don’t feel like you deserve it but you don’t need to think that’s the case because deep down you deserve better than what you have now. And we want to be able help out with that. We really do.”

The rest of the crusaders along with the Lion Guard fan club moved to circle around her.

"You don't have to be afraid, Diamond Tiara." Apple Bloom said comfortably. "We want to help."

"But, why? After all the things I did to you? Why would you want to help me?"

"Because everypony deserves a second chance even you. Kambuni replied.

The pony who spent a good few seconds with complexed feelings unable to comprehend any of this moved to open her mouth to say something else, but was interrupted when a scream was heard from outside.

"Help! Cutie Mark Crusaders!" Pip called out to them in distress once again. "I was at the school board meeting and they didn't approve my request for the new playground equipment!"

"Why not?" Kambuni asked.

"There's no money in the budget!" Pip pulled out his piggy bank, which had nothing inside but link, some candy wrappers and a dead fly. "So I checked my Peggy bank to see if I had enough bits, but my little Peggy wasn't nearly full enough!"

Sweetie Belle quickly assured. "Don't worry, Pip!"

"We'll meet you back at school." Scootaloo added.

"And help you find a solution!" Apple Bloom further added and assured.

"Thanks, Cutie Mark Crusaders!" Pip said in gratitude before heading off back to school to wait for them to help out.

Diamond Tiara upon hearing this however smiled deviously. "Oh, I already have a solution! Our new student pony president is gonna be kicked out of office, and I'll be reinstated!"

"What?!”

“Are you crazy?!”

Both the mongoose and baboon exclaimed in horrified shock at what she is now thinking about doing.

“Nope!” Diamond Tiara shook her head and then quickly ran down the stairs of the clubhouse as fast as her pony legs could carry her, leaving the ponies and Lion Guard Fan Club who had tried to be her friends behind.

"Where's she going?" Scootaloo asked.

"Where do you think?!" Mtoto replied before leading the way alongside Apple Bloom after the pink filly up to no good yet again.

“Come on! After her!”

The kids all moved to pursue Diamond so they can stop her before she does something she’ll regret with any chance to redeem herself going up in smoke should she proceed to go through with it.

At the same time while she personally admitted to herself that her time with them was fun.

Diamond Tiara:

“Cutie Mark Crusaders, Lion Guard fan club, get out of my way

Those ponies need to know the truth

And they'll hear it from me.”

CMC and Lion Guard fan club:

“Stop! Diamond Tiara, this is not the way

You know you're better than this hostility.”

They tried to pull ahead and block her path, but the pony only maneuvered them by effortlessly dodging they attempts to cut her off. She didn't want to harm them but she refused to allow them to stop her. When that didn’t work the kids all continued following her.

Diamond Tiara:

“You don't even know me at all

Don't understand the meaning of my fall

What my family would think if I ever

Fail at anything

I'm a diamond – that means you'll never break

No matter what be the cost of the path I take

Whatever I have to do to win in the end.”

Kwato moved to intercept Diamond along with Sweetie Belle in an attempt to stop the pony from making a fatal and regrettable mistake.

Kwato and Sweetie Belle:

“Stop! This is not the answer.”

Diamond Tiara ignored them and ran beside them, only to be briefly stopped when Kambunii and Scootaloo intervened.

Kambuni and Scootaloo:

“Wait! And it's plainly seen.”

She ran pass them as well, only to encounter Mtoto and Apple Bloom who appeared right in front of her

Mtoto and Apple Bloom:

“Listen! You can redeem yourself

But by helping others, not by being mean.”

The children all grouped together while keeping up their pursuit of the filly who still persisted on ahead.

CMC and Lion Guard fan club:

“We know you want friends who admire you

You want to be the star with all the power too

But there's a better way, there's a better wa-a-ay

There's so much more still left to

Learn about yourself

See the light that shines in you

We know you can be somepony else.”

Diamond Tiara was now more torn and confused than before. Torn whether to give up her recently learned kindness and hospitality just for the sake of approval.

The Lion Guard Fan Club and Crusaders then were stop her several feet before her, standing between two roads, one was dark that led to her choice of ratting out Pip along with a life of no return as there is no one else on that path with her not even Silver Spoon, while the other was bright with a Rainbow Promise filled with her true passion and happiness. She didn't know which path to take, which was the right one. She just didn't know, but these humans and ponies had faith in her, and that was something she never had before.

“You can stop right now

And try another start

You'll finally free yourself from the dark

And see the light

And see the light of your cutie mark.”

Sadly, Diamond Tiara did not choose the Promise road instead choosing the dark path which she feels is the right path. The only path she felt comfortable with taking through her whole life, she was not giving it up so easily.


Once she reached the school she spoke to everyone gathered there. "Everypony, I have an announcement!"

"Diamond Tiara! Think hard about the choice you're makin' right now!" Apple Bloom pleaded.

"You can be a better pony!" Scootaloo said.

Shakku stepped forward and spoke up, "Diamond Tiara, please! I know you really want to be president once again and I understand why.”

“And we’re sorry that we gave you a hard time the most, more than any pony at this school but we’re telling you now that this is not the best course of action of how to handle all of this. Just please, reconsider and take their hoof in friendship if not ours.” Gumba pleaded.

"Diamond Tiara!"

All eyes fell upon Spoiled Rich, who just walked out of the school building, looking down upon her daughter like she always did with her trademark snotty frown. "I just happened to be here for the school board meeting, and this is what I see when we adjourn? My daughter associating with confused, insignificant lowlifes and pitiful humans?"

The kids all angrily growled and gritted their teeth at them with Mtoto, Kwato, and Kambuni having to hold both Shakku and Gumba back by the tails to prevent them from attacking her.

"Why I ought to...I'll show you what a lowlife looks like you..."

"Let me at her! Let me at her!"

"Socializing with their kind is not how you move up in Equestria! Come, Diamond Tiara!"

The pony however didn’t comply as she was starting to think of what she truly wants. It was pretty clear to her for the first time her mother doesn’t really care about what she wants. And by trying to follow in her hoof steps she wound acting mean and nasty to everyone around her and ended up at a very low point where she had no friends standing by her side. She no longer wants that. What she truly wants is what truly makes her happy something that she was just recently shown. Something that she wants herself on not what somepony else says. To her it was time she spoke her mind and take the right course of action.

"No, mother!"

Spoiled Rich spun around in shock upon hearing that. "Excuse me?!"

"You've spent your life acting like a high horse and raised me to follow in your hoofprints! At first I thought this was fine, but then I finally realized I wanted something you don't have – friends!"

The Crusaders and Lion Guard Fan Club gasped in shock, along with Rafiki, Miss Cheerilee, and the all of the other foals. Spoiled Rich was already looking uneasy and hot under the collar. She may be popular and rich but she truly doesn’t have any friends due to her self-serving nature. Like mother like daughter until now she carried herself with a proud and egotistical nature thinking that it’ll get them far in life, but really it doesn’t give any true happiness deep down. And now came the day her own daughter is finally telling her where to stick it.

"That's enough, Diamond Tiara! Step away from those blank flanks!"

But the filly refused to listen to her, "These are the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and they are my friends! You need to stop calling them such mean and hurtful names! They are working harder to get their cutie marks than anypony I've ever seen! And they will get them exactly when they discover their true talent, which I guarantee will be amazing!"

Spoiled Rich…now was left speechless. She had never had her own child speak up and call her out like this, and if she said anything it could be messy for her. She would get massive backlash if word got around of her verbally abusive attitude towards her and nopony would ever want to associate with her again whether she was rich and popular or not. She would lose it in an instant.

"Now, will you please deliver this to father?" Diamond Tiara pulled out a letter and handed it to her mother with her mouth.

"Yes, of course, dear…" Spoiled Rich respectfully took the letter and walked away with only a lot to think about going forward.

Diamond Tiara smiled at the Lion Guard Fan Club and the Crusaders with genuine kindness for the very first time in her life.

"I have to thank you all. Obviously I've known since I got my cutie mark that my talent is getting other ponies to do what I want. I just asked my father if he could donate the money for the new playground equipment!"

Miss Cheerilee, Rafiki, and the children all cheered happily at the news. They are all getting that new playground, along with a new friend while they’re at it. The once mighty and high up her horse bully was now gone as she moved to approach Pip, with a friendly smile and teasing wink.

"I knew you were worried for a second there, weren't you? Ha! Well, I think it's all gonna work out just fine, Mister President!"

"Wise words my friend. Very wisely said if I do say so myself." Rafiki commended while patting a hand on her back to further get the filly to smile feeling very proud with what she just did herself.


Diamond Tiara:

“We'll build a playground

For all of us to enjoy

So full of games

There's enough for each girl and boy

I want to help and do

Everything that I can

I'm here to show you I changed

Listen up, here's the plan.”

Diamond Tiara helped the delivery pony with the large boxes of the playground equipment. "Bring it in! That's right, keep it coming!"

She approached one of the ponies she had teased before, smiling kindly, "Hey there, you with the amazing strength. Can you help them move that merry-go-round across the lawn?" The pony, no longer feeling ashamed of it, did as she was asked and helped the duo of ponies in moving the old merry-go-round.

"Thank you so much!" Diamond Tiara turned to another pony, "And you with the super teeth, we need you to help with that teeter-totter." the pony happily complied and lifted the thing with his powerful jaws, "You got it! That's the spirit!"

Diamond Tiara had never felt happier in her life. She finally discovered what her cutie mark represented. It wasn't being a bossy know-it-all, it was being a leader. A good leader with a good heart. Her heart was once closed up, hard and cold and desired selfish pursuits, only now it was finally opened, thawed and filled with only selfless desires. She felt like a brand new pony, and she couldn't be happier.

“There's so much I can do

To help everypony else

I see the light that shines in me

I know I can be my better self

I can free the past

'Cause now the future's bright for me

My cutie mark has set me free

To do what's right and be the pony I want to be

And be the pony I want to be!”


The playground never looked better, and same can be said with Diamond Tiara. Not only did she even manage to make up with Silver Spoon, who forgave her, but now she had even more friends who loved her not for her riches, but for her new found heart. Friends that include fillies that used to look at her with fear in their hearts, a couple of teachers who couldn’t really approach her with that former attitude of her’s, and children who managed to get her into opening up her eyes to what she truly wants in life, friendship and happiness.

Said new friends the Lion Guard Fan Club are standing beside her right now feeling very comfortable being around her along with being proud with what she just today.

“Congratulations, Diamond Tiara!”

“Yeah, way to go, Diamond!”

“Thanks, Shakku. You too, Gumba.” She humbly returned. “Hard to believe that this really happening right?”

“Yeah. And the funny thing is how this happened when we about to insist against the idea of helping you in the first place.”

“And by doing the right thing, things actually worked out for the better.”

“Funny, right.”

“Yes.” Diamond giggled in response. “Even when you both didn’t have to and took great exception for my past behavior.”

“Yep.” They both replied in unison once more before hugging it out like good friends usually do.

Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle watched from afar as the group embraced. It was there Apple Bloom gave what had just happened recently some deep thought. "I've been thinkin', Crusaders. We spend an awful lot of time fussin' and frettin' tryin' to discover our true talent. But when we take a little time off, we end up helpin' others figure out their true talent!"

Sweetie Belle nodded in agreement with that assessment. "Yeah, and I think that's way more important than worrying about our cutie marks, don't you?"

"Absolutely!" Scootaloo stated while flapping her wings happily before wrapping the other two into a hug, "I don't care if I ever get my cutie mark as long as I get to hang out with my best friends."

"So what do you say, Crusaders?" Apple Bloom suggested. "Want to just focus on helpin' others find their cutie marks?"

"Yeah!"

The three ponies high hoofed one another with that personal promise between the trio made. From this day forward simply focusing on making others feel special was reward enough.

Suddenly, something strange happened. Once their hooves touched, a strange glowing bright white energy wave coursed through their bodies, wrapping the three in a powerful and beautiful sparkling aura. Their bodies rose up from the ground as they felt something awaken within them. It was a sensation they had never felt or experienced before. Instead of being scared they felt at peace, like this was something they had been seeking all along. While they didn't know exactly how to react but let it run its course.

The Lion Guard fan club gasped alongside the other ponies as they watched what happened to their friends. Their eyes widened once the three landed softly on the ground, the lower part of their bodies glowing before disappearing. Once it did, the three fillies stood up and were surprised to see everybody gasping in awe, smiling, and tearing up.

"What happened?" Sweetie Belle curiously asked.

"What's goin' on?" Apple Bloom asked, equally curious and confused at what had just happened.

"It's your cutie marks!" Diamond Tiara said while pointing towards their flanks. "They're amazing!"

Initially, they didn’t dare to look. To them like before, it could be just another dream or another yank the dog’s chains moment should they dare. Was it actually possible? Did this day finally happen?

They finally moved to look upon their flanks, and as exactly as Diamond Tiara had stated on their flanks, Three Brand New Cutie Marks!!

Each one was in the form of a shield, divided into colors of three: red, pink and purple. Apple Bloom's shield had the image of an Apple with a heart on the center. Sweetie Belle's had a star with a music note while Scootaloo had a wing with a lightning bolt.

"Girls, do you know what this means?! You got them!" Kwato cheered, tears of joy streaming down from her eyes, "You actually have them!"

The Crusaders couldn't contain their excitement any longer as they leaped and jumped with pure happiness and glee upon seeing this all actually happening and that they finally did it.

"We all got the same cutie mark! Cutie Mark Crusaders forever!"

After so long, they finally got their cutie marks. They have never been happier that before. To think, the one moment where they would decide to no longer worry about their marks or even try desperately to search for them would be on the very same day they would appear. It was like Rafiki said in order for them to find their true calling they just had think about instead pursing random activities of potential interest in order for that to happen. And in return not only do they have them now but they have marks that symbolize of how special their bond is, how special their friendship is.


Cutie Mark Crusaders;

“We were searching for our cutie marks

For a while there

Trying to find out how we fit in

So many ways we've tried before

But we kept on trying more

'Cause the Cutie Mark Crusaders don't give in.”

Scootaloo:

“Now we know what it took all along.”

Sweetie Belle:

“And our journey here is never really done.”

Apple Bloom:

“For it is more than just a mark

It's a place for us to start.”

With their classmates, teacher and friends by their side, The Crusaders marched into town, amazing everybody with their new marks all equally proud of them.

Cutie Mark Crusaders:

“An adventure that has only just begun

We'll make our mark

Show the world what we can do

We'll make our mark

Helping fillies to break through

To the ultimate reward of a cutie mark.”


In order to celebrate, Pinkie Pie arranged a cute-ceañera party at Pride Rock, where they are all praised near and far by everyone from the kingdom along with many ponies who gathered to be here for this very special day.

"All right, everypony! Get ready for the biggest cute-ceañera celebration ever!" Pinkie Pie cheered while throwing confetti all across the area.

Applejack couldn't stop herself from crying, and neither could Granny Smith or Big Mac. The day that Apple Bloom would find her true calling has finally came.

"Oh, sugarcube, if Mom and Dad were here, they'd be so proud of ya." Applejack said while ruffling her little sister’s hair.

"Oh… Thanks, Applejack."

"Now go on and party with your pals."

The girls all stepped forward and approached the edge of Pride Rock while their close friends and family watch on with big smiles and deep pride for them. Both Rainbow Dash and Fuli approached Scootaloo with the former ruffling her mane and the latter hugging her while they were both the most proud out of all of them.

“Well done, Scootaloo! You are now officially marked as not only an honorary Crusader but also my special honorary sister!”

Rainbow Dash:

“I'm so proud of you, little buddy

You've taught me a thing or two.”

Rarity held her little sister close to her heart as she wiped away tears of joy from her eyes.

Rarity:

“You've inspired everypony around you

And you've inspired me too.”

Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Applejack:

“You've made your mark

Done Equestria so proud

You've made your mark

And we're here to sing it loud

For the ultimate reward of your cutie mark.”

The Crusaders received a warm brotherly hug from both Bunga and Beshte, with the former ruffled Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle's manes. "What did I tell you? I told you all that day would come soon, and boy those are such great-looking cutie marks if I do say so myself!”

“They sure are!” Apple Bloom happily said.

“You all happy with your new cutie marks?” Beshte asked with a smile. “Because I sure am.”

“We are!” Sweetie happily stated.

Princess Twilight and Prince Kion approached them both smiling proudly at the girls with Twilight having tears of joy falling from her eyes.

“Words right now cannot describe of how proud I am of you girls! And I can tell you all you all have definitely earned your cutie marks!”

“And I could not have said it any better myself! Congratulations, girls!”

They both then levitated the girls three more gifts for them to have to commemorate the occasion, something that Rarity had quickly created with her own two sewing hooves. Capes with images of their new cutie marks on the back. Something they all graciously accepted.

The Lion and Pony Guard:

“You started out just three

Crusaders driven to see

What you find in our hearts

Discover your destiny

And here you are, best friends

About to start it again

An adventure that never will end.”

Cutie Mark Crusaders:

“We'll make our mark

Helping fillies most in need

We'll make our mark

So each one of them succeeds

'Cause the ultimate reward is a cutie mark!”

Everybody gathered together for a photo, taken by Rafiki, and once they did Spike magically sent the letter to Canterlot, where Celestia opened it with Luna present. Luna smiled once she saw the picture of the three little fillies with their new cutie marks. She couldn't be prouder at her little subjects than everyone else. To everyone it was truly a day no one in both kingdoms will ever forget.

Author's Note:

Here in this musical episode, we are back focusing on the young ones again as the Cutie Mark Crusaders embark on another mission to try to obtain their cutie marks as they try t help one their dear friends, Pipsqueak run a campaign to become the new class president going up against the incumbent, local school resident bully, Diamond TIara.

What starts off as a usual day of the pony hi-jinks and ambitious intent, takes a different turn when there is more that meets the eye to Diamond Tiara and what she goes through when she is not in public or at school. And it's all thanks to her abusive mother who has been nothing but overbearing with high expectations towards her for her entire life thus paving her for her attitude up until this very episode.

With the Lion Guard fan club by their side, the Cutie Mark Crusaders were able to bond with Diamond and got her to see what really is her true talent, her true self, and what kind of friend she could be if she gave friendship a chance and be able to finally stand up to her mother along with becoming a redeemed pony herself. And after working together to creating a new playground the school really deserved and needed, something magical happened...

...The Cutie Mark Crusaders finally getting their cutie marks!

Yep! After all of this time it finally happened, and it occurred when the very lesson they needed to learn finally sunk in and that's how they truly deserved this lifelong reward to cap off a beautiful episode.

Next up we focus back on the mane cast where the news of a new member of the royal family coming sets in stone the plot as both Pinkie and Ono have to try their hardest to ensure that the surprise stays a surprise, and knowing Pinkie, keeping a secret like that is a very tough and tall order, so look out for that sometime next week, so stay tuned...

PreviousChapters Next