• Published 4th Feb 2023
  • 1,597 Views, 155 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 5) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion and Pony Guard face new friendship lessons and challenges as they continue to expand it across Equestria and the Pride Lands

  • ...
1
 155
 1,597

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 34: The Little Guy

Episode 34:

The Little Guy

One day at the biggest watering hole in the Pride Lands are the crocodiles all practicing and soaring with one another. Since word about Scar’s escape from prison is out, they are getting their fighting skills sharpened up so they can be prepared for whatever he has up on his mind next. Wherever that’s here today or another day, Makuu is personally making sure they train hard to perfection so they can be ready to defend themselves at a moment’s notice.

During one of their training sessions, two crocs moved to soar with each other under Makuu’s watch.

The two circled around each other menacingly before one of them finally made a move by using his tail to whack him away with great force. A move that is called “The Wide Tail Spin.”

“Now! While he’s down! Jaw vice!” Their leader barked as the attacker did just that. “Tail whip now!” He barked at the other crocodile who did just that too forcing the other crocodile to release his grip as he briefly reeled in pain.

While the crocs continued to carry out their sparing match, the Lion and Pony Guard arrived nearby having heard the commotion from there.

“Over here!” Ono called out to the others as Rainbow Dash moved to get a better look at what was happening in front of them.

“Crocodiles smack down at ten o’clock!”

“Ooh, which one do you think is going to win?” Bunga eagerly asked.

“I’d say the one who’s got that hold Makuu used on the old crocodile leader during his first Mashidano!” Pinkie replied while hoisting snacks in her hooves ready to watch the show with. “While the other croc is putting up a heck of a fight that other croc definitely got this in the bag, or better yet hard to stone victory in his claws.”

Both the Guard’s funniest both laughed together much to the other’s annoyance.

“Are they just fighting or sparing?” Applejack asked unable to tell if this is another dispute that got out of hoof.

"Hard to tell." Sunset remarked as she observed the scene as close as she can.

“I don’t know.” Fluttershy whimpered while shielding her eyes from the sight. “I’d rather not find out.”

Kion likewise wasn’t about to see to it that happens thinking they’re actually fighting for real. “I think we better break it up before someone gets hurt! Come on!”

“Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!” Twilight quickly threw up a shield to stop Kion before he could rush on ahead to break it up.

“Ow!” Kion rubbed his head in pain after accidentally running head first into it. “Twilight! What are you doing?!”

“Sorry! But there’s really no need to intervene.”

“Why not?” He asked while Twilight works her magic and soothing the pain on his head.

“Because they’re just sparing, that’s why.” She gently explained.

“She’s right, Kion.” A blue gecko who happened to be nearby to hear their conversation said.

“Hey Hodari!” Beshte happily greeted the little gecko who landed on his snout.

“Hey Beshte! And…you too Fluttershy!” He awkwardly added to the overly excited pony trying to greet and gush all over him with her best friend Rainbow restraining her back.

“A gecko! So…cute!”

“Easy there, Fluttershy!”

“Anyways…So the crocodiles there are just um…practicing?”

“Yeah! They spare with each other to work their technique.”

“He’s right.” Ono admitted as he realized it too. “I forgot they were doing it today along with every day since our meeting with the other leaders.”

“That’s right!” He smiled to assure them that’s the case. “It’s the crocodile way!”

“Well at least that’s good to hear, I think.” Rarity said being the first to express her relief nothing is really getting out of hoof here.

Though on the last part she cringed when the previously ongoing sparing match ended when the crocodile that was previously giving his sparing partner trouble finished the match off by forcing him into a position he couldn’t break free from.

Makuu looked on pleased with what he saw but not fully satisfied as he saw there is room for much needed improvement.

“Very good. Now should you ever be in that position like him. There is one move you can do against your opponent. One that’ll force your opponent away from you after breaking free from his grasp. The Wide Tail Spin. Know what I’m talking about.” After a series of nods and shakes from their heads he then decided a demonstration is in order. “Show me for those who know.”

Most crocs who didn’t moved to try to demonstrate it by moving their tails around albeit ineffectively much to their leader’s annoyance.

“No! No! No! Swing your tail fast! Like this!” He demonstrated it by giving a quick and effective swift movement of his tail. “See?”

“Fast like this.” Hodari said to himself before trying it out himself only to stumble and fall over on his hippo friend’s snout.

“You okay?”

“What are you doing, darling?”

Both Beshte and Rarity asked.

“Yeah! That was the wide tail spin.” He replied. “Still working on it.” From behind Rainbow could barely keep a straight face without giggling to herself.

“You’ll get there.”

“Just takes practice.”

Both the Kindest of the Guard assured as he moved to climb up the nearby tree he was on.

“Maybe, but I’ll never be as good as a crocodile. They’re so big and strong I’m so…Tiny.”

“Well they are crocodiles.” Applejack pointed out.

"And kind of obvious." Sunset added.

“Where are you going with this?” Twilight asked curiously.

“Nothing expect…” he hesitated before honestly admitting. “I kinda wish to be a part of Makuu’s float. You know be like one of them.”

“You mean you a crocodile?!” Rainbow couldn’t keep it to herself and ended up laughing her heart out till she cried while floating on her back. It wasn’t until she calmed down until she saw the glares she was getting from her pony friends along with the hurt look on the gecko’s face did she realize it wasn’t a joke. “Oh, you’re serious?!”! Hodari nodded in response. “Look…” She floated down to try to handle it more nicely. “…I’m all for wanting to pursue your dreams but…I don’t think Makuu is going to see eye to eye with you there and for a good reason.”

“Why not?”

“Well for starters they’re crocodiles and you're a gecko so there is the size difference problem for starters which could go against your favor should something happen like if one of them…” To get her point across she quickly fetched a rock and a twig before dropping the former on the latter. “Oops. Accidentally crushed you. Know what I mean.” Fluttershy shuddered at the very thought and sight of that even happening.

“Makes sense to me.” Kyoga agreed and understood her analogy.

"Hard to beat logic." Sunset commented unable to say it better herself.

“I’d hate to say it partner but Rainbow Dash has a point. Especially since Makuu isn’t exactly a very reasonable croc to negotiate with in that there regard.” Applejack said with her two cents on the matter.

“So what? Are both saying it’s not possible for me to be apart of their float?” Hodari asked still having a hard time understanding of what they are trying to tell him.

“Hodari, darling…” Rarity stepped forward to try her best in reasoning with him. “…what both Applejack and Rainbow Dash are trying to say is that while dreams are possible not all of them are. Maybe in the dream realm but not everything is possible in the waking world.”

“But but…” He was now pleading with someone to see things from his side of things but no one not even Twilight, Fluttershy, Beshte, and Kion could say anything to back him up here.

“I’m sorry.” Twilight apologized with a sympathetic hoof on his chin. “But there are just some things that even my magic alone can’t do. Not all dreams can be achieved. While I admire your courage into wanting to pursue it not everyone Makuu included is going to see it that way.”

Just as Hodari took a moment to think about what the Lion and Pony Guard are trying to tell him the ground started rumbling quite a bit.

Both Ono and Rainbow flew up and managed to spot a panicking buffalo herd coming by heading towards where the crocodiles are still sparing.

“Hapana!”

“Incoming!”

Both leaders of the Guard were quick to see what’s going on and is about to happen.

“I see them!”

“Makuu! Incoming!”

Makuu turned his head towards them and managed to see the oncoming stampede headed their way. “Crocodiles! Get to higher ground!”

Every single crocodile was quick to stop their ongoing sparing sessions in order to climb up the nearby mountain so they can get to safety. Makuu made sure every single one one them made it up before following after them while the Lion and Pony Guard watched as the buffalo herd made it’s way by on the other side of the pathway.

Unfortunately for those on higher ground the nearby shaking of the ground the buffalo had caused during their stampede ended up causing part of the mountain from near the top to crumble.

“Oh no!”

“Hapana! The stampede is causing a rock slide!”

Both fliers stated in alarm.

“Hevi Kabisa”

“Look out!”

Both leaders reacted equally alarmed.

Already the rock slide was creating chaos as crocodiles are spreading no all around the area as they all try their hardest to avoid getting crushed and hurt by the flying rocks slamming down onto the ground with some scattering into the buffalo stampede.

Both Kion and Twilight wasted no time in delegating their teams into taking action before anymore damage can happen.

“Fuli, Ono, Applejack, Kyoga, Fluttershy calm down the buffalo!”

“On it!”

“You got it, Kion!”

“You got it partner!”

“We’ll stop them!”

“Okay.”

“Beshte, Pinkie, Rarity, Bunga, Sunset, Rainbow Dash, you’re with us!”

While heading out to deal with the rock slide, Beshte took the time to talk to Hodari for a moment before leaping into action. “Stay here, little guy.”

Twilight wasted no time in blasting the rocks into ashes alongside Kion and Sunset with their fiery fueled magic. Rainbow Dash, Beshte, and Bunga rushed over to help the crocodiles avoid the oncoming rocks while Rarity used her karate skills to kick and split the rocks away into smaller harmless pieces.

“Not on my watch, rocks!”! Pinkie fiercely shouted while using her party canon to blast the oncoming rocks into pieces.

“How does she…?” Rainbow was the first to ask rather baffled by what she just did with confetti alone.

“I don’t know!” Ono shrugged before directing her friends attention to the potential crisis at hoof.

While successful, unfortunately one of the rocks managed to trap one of the crocodiles when it landed on his tail leaving him unable to move and free himself.

Kion who just managed to fire off another blast at another rock was the first to notice this immediately. “Hold on croc, I’m coming.”

“I got this!” Makuu shouted already rushing to his aid by lifting the boulder trapping the crocodile allowing him to rush to safety.

But just before he could do anything else another boulder nobody saw coming managed to land right on one of Makuu’s limbs causing him to groan in pain when it happened.

Hodari having seen it from afar reacted in horrified shock. “Oh, no! Makuu!”

The leader of the crocodile was then found haven fallen on his uninvited side by the Lion and Pony Guard having just ensured the safety of his float rushed over to his side for aid.

“You okay?” Kion asked while using his magic to remove the boulder that landing on his right front limb.

“Are you injured?” Rarity asked as she examined the crushed limb.

Makuu was able to get up on his feet before looking on at the rest of the crocodiles who are all looking on silently wondering the same question.

“My float is safe. And that’s what’s important. Thanks for your help.” He replied with what any other good leader would say.

He then moved to regroup with the others who are waiting for him but not without wincing in pain when he tried to put weight on the injured leg. Pain that the sound of broken bones could be heard when it happened.

“I don’t know about the rest of you but that sure sounded like broken bones to me.” Pinkie said to the others in an audible whisper.

Sunset was quick to point out the obvious. "That's because it is Pinkie. He's clearly limbing in pain."

“Sure is.”

“Yep.”

Both Bunga and Applejack said in agreement. It doesn’t take trained ears to hear out broken bones after an injury had taken place, a serious injury to boot.

Seeing this was enough for Twilight to insist that he needs medical attention. “Easy, Makuu. Your leg took a serious blow back there.”

“I know what I’m doing.”

“I know. But I’m going to have insist on you sitting down for a much needed healing session.”

“Twilight… I am fine.” Makuu hissed with gritted teeth finding it a bit unnecessary as they make their on over towards the float.

The Princess remained firm in the matter. “Makuu, please! You have broken bones which can cause permanent damage if they are not treated immediately!”

Makuu huffed in response as he finds it rather undignified to be treated like this even if it’s her trying to ensure he remains in good health.

“Crocodiles, break’s over. Back to your sparing positions.” He ordered of them before reluctantly allowing the alicorn Princess work her magic on his injuries to ensure he has a speedy recovery going forward.

By then the rest of the Lion and Pony Guard have just regrouped with the others having just succeeded in their task of ensuring no more damage from the raging buffalo stampede has happened.

“Fuli, Applejack, Ono, Fluttershy, Kyoga, Cape buffalo okay?” Kion asked.

They all replied with positive results.

“Affirmative.”

“Between Fuli’s quick running circles and Applejack putting her lasso to quick work they were able to get them to slow down.”

“Which also helps that Fluttershy used her Stare on them before they could run into Kyoga’s magic barrier that could have startled the antelope into stampeding.”

Fluttershy meekly blushed in response as it is not something she really wants to make a habit of out it.

“Great.” Kion smiled with satisfaction. “Now that everyone is safe, let’s get back to our morning patrol.”

“Go on ahead. I’ll catch up with you later.” Twilight called out to the prince while working her magic on the crocodile leader’s leg. “Fluttershy…” She motioned her over to her. “…I need you to stick around and share your animal expertise here.” One look at the crocodile’s limb was enough to get the animal loving Pegasus on over.

Before Beshte could follow after the others Hodari called to him as he rushed to approach him. “Beshte! Beshte, wait. I got an idea.”

Seeing this is worth listening to, Beshte agreed to hear what he has to say. “Oh yeah…” He turned to Kion to make sure not to wait up for him. “You guys on ahead, I’ll catch up.”

“Okay, Beshte.”

After the Lion and Pony Guard had left, Beshte turned to hear the little guy out. “So what’s your idea, Hodari?”

“Well, Makuu is injured, which means that he is hurt, which means he might need some extra help right now, which means this is my big chance. I’m going to ask Makuu if I can join his float!”

While knowing that it is still a long shot, he truthfully could never find it in his heart to shoot it down, especially given his huge kindness. “Well, if being part of a croc float is what you always dreamed of, I say go for it.”

“I will.” He moved to self motivate himself into working the courage to do so. “Okay. You got this. You got this…” But he suddenly got cold feet. “Wait, Beshte. You know Makuu, you think you can introduce him to me.”

Beshte was more than happy to help him out there. “Sure.”

The two moved to approach him who is currently overseeing his float continue their sparing while both Twilight and Fluttershy tend to his injuries.


“Okay…” Twilight said while still working her healing magic while Fluttershy got to work wrapping up his injured limb. “…I just reduced your injury from a broken wrist to a mild sprain but you’re still going to have to wear this cast and keep your physical activity to a minimum for the next week.”

“Great.” He muttered with great annoyance. Given his position it’s going to be very hard to do so.

“At least be thankful that you’re going to be all right instead of having to step down from your position.” Fluttershy said somewhat sternly. “If it weren’t for Twilight, your limb would be still be broken or worse.”

“I know, Fluttershy and I am very grateful for you both for what you’re trying to do.” He asserted before giving a somewhat softened sigh. “It’s just a matter of being able to protect my float and keep each and every crocodile in shape, especially since Scar is still lurking around waiting to prey on whatever weakness I might have.”

“Understandable.” Twilight responded sympathetically to his personal worries. “I’ve got the Guard watching over the Pride Lands border into the Outlands as they carry out their patrol. I have my informants in the Outlands keeping me up to date in case something come’s up as discussed the other day. And we all have of the other Pride Landers on alert ready to call on us when needed.”

“In the meantime, you just need to focus on making sure your limb heals because we’re going to need it at 120% strength.” Fluttershy added.

Makuu arched an eyebrow. “120%?”

“The extra 20% is to ensure you’re completely healed.”

“And what Rainbow defines as being extra sure at least when it comes to boasting of how awesome she is.”

Makuu rolled his eyes. “Of course.”

Twilight just finished all she can do with her magic for the time being while Fluttershy finished wrapping up his cast. “But still the point still stands to ensure that you can properly and fully recover.”

“And we wouldn’t expect any less from anyone else.” Fluttershy further assured.

“True. True...” That whole talk was enough to get him to corporate with the two ponies for now. By then Beshte and Hodari approached them.

“Hey, uh, Makuu.” Beshte greeted.

“Beshte. He notices the gecko in front of him. “What’s that?”

“This is my friend, Hodari. And he has something he’d like to ask you.”

Makuu sighed in response to showcase he is clearly not in the mood for it and is barely tolerating it for the Guard's sake. “Make it quick. I’m busy.”

Hodari moved to step forward to pop the question while Fluttershy and Twilight watch on wondering how this is going to turn out. “Um, Makuu, sur. I thought if you might be hurt that you might need…” He started to fumble with his words again. “…If..if you give me a chance I could…that is…”

“Spit it out, gecko.”

“Could I join your float? I think I could really help.”

Makuu chuckled in response. “You? How would you be able to help a crocodile float?”

In response Hodari breaks out into a musical number all while singing to try to convince that hen is worth his time.

Give the Little Guy a Chance

From 0:10-2:28

During which some of the crocodiles danced and bobbed their heads to the beat along with Fluttershy and Beshte while Twilight tries her hardest to be supportive about all of it still knowing what Makuu is going to say at the end of the song. At one point he landed on Makuu’s snout who tried to shake him off of him to no avail before the gecko moved to jump off on his accord.

After he got done singing, Makuu and the crocodiles first reaction was to of course laugh in response much to the gecko’s disappointment.

“That’s very funny, Beshte. For a second there, I thought your gecko friend was serious.”

“It’s not a joke.” Beshte gently asserted with a shake of his head. “Can’t you just give Hodari a chance?”

Makuu seriously replied scoffing at the idea. “A tiny gecko in a crocodile float? Ridiculous!”

“But…but…” He desperately pleaded as the crocodile leader approached him to assert he is not interested.

“It’s not the crocodile way, gecko. Now get out of here before you get squished.” He quickly turned his back on him and nearly whipped him with his tail as a warning before walking off.

Saddened by his harsh rejection, Hodari ran off.

His Lion and Pony Guard friends took pity for him while looking on at Makuu frowning on his direction for how he handled it.

“Gee, Makuu. You didn’t have to hurt his feelings.”

“You could have at least been kind about it.”

“As far out as his dream may have been.”

Makuu rolled his eyes in response before walking off leaving the three friends to find and seek the gecko that ran off.

“Hodari, wait.”

“Where did you go?”

Both Beshte and Fluttershy called out while Twilight uses her magic to try to scan him out.

At the same time the skinks have managed to witness the whole scene from the nearby trees.

Njano laughed upon seeing what he saw. A gecko who wants to be a crocodile. Now that’s funny!”

“Funny or genius?” His partner returned with sinister intent as she briefly locked eyes in what she sees as a prize in front of them.”

Her partner was even more confused. “Uh, pretty sure it’s funny.”

“Makuu’s not the only crocodile around.” Shpuavu reminded. “Perhaps Kiburi would like to meet with that gecko.”

“He would?”

“A gecko that’s friends with the Lion and Pony Guard could be a useful addition to his float. And it could cause havoc in the Pride Lands.”

“Ooh!” Now Njano sees where Shupavu is getting at. “I know who would like that!”

“Scar!”

“And that is something you are both correct in that regard, skinks.” Said individual appeared over their heads lounging on a higher branch with his face wreathed in the shadows. “And you both know what to do, right?”

“Yep.”

“Of course.”

Scar slinked back into the shadows of the deep leaf covered branches before disappearing.

“Come on, let’s go get that gecko.”


At the same time the three friends of his are still all trying to find him with no luck.

“Hey, Hodari?”

“Where did you go?”

“Hodari?”

Just then Rainbow and Ono came flying on towards as something urgent had come up in the Pride Lands again.

“Beshte! Fluttershy! Twilight!”

“The galagos are in trouble!”

That got their immediate attention.

“Oh, no!

“Oh my!”

Before heading on out Fluttershy remembered what they were just doing. “But what about Hodari?”

“He’ll be fine. We’ll deal with him after we take care this more urgent matter.” The alicorn assured.

“Okay.” She said before before whisked away by her speedy friend.

“Come on! Animals are in danger!”

“Okay!”

“Lead the way!”

If only that emergency hadn’t happened then they would have a much easier time talking to the distraught gecko who is now hearing the sounds of rustling bushes surrounding him.


“Who’s there?!” Hodari quickly took up a defensive stance. “Don’t make me use my crocodile moves.” He tried to give a demonstration only to accidentally trip himself while doing so.

“Relax, gecko.” Shupavu assured while emerging from the bushes alongside Njano. “We come in peace. Though I couldn’t help but overhear….Makuu doesn’t want you in his float.”

Hodari didn’t even deny that it happened. “Yeah, I don’t blame him. A gecko in a crocodile float is ridiculous. Maybe I should just forget it.”

“I wouldn’t give up so easy if I were you.” Shupavu said otherwise.

Hodari was now confused. “Why not?”

“Makuu doesn’t have the only float around, you know.” She explained. “In fact, I know a croc who would love to have you in his float.”

Hodari’s previously downcast mood turned into one of hopeful interest. “You do? Who would?”

“Sure! He knows how much a bright young gecko has to offer. You wanna meet him?”

Hodari was more than happy to take her up on that offer. “Sure!”

With that Shupavu turned to her partner with that confirmation. “Njano, why don’t you go on ahead. Tell Kiburi what a special candidate we have for his float.”

“Good idea.” Njano proceeded to do just that while Shupavu walks by Hodari’s side as they make their way on over to the Outlands.

“Come on, Hodari. Let’s go.”


Meanwhile, Twilight, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Beshte, and Ono all regrouped with the rest of the Guard as they all look on at the danger in the form of a broken tree.

“Help! Help!” Laini cried out from inside.

“We came as fast as we could!”

“Are the galagoes all right?”

Both Twilight and Fluttershy asked as soon as they arrived.

“They’re fine, but Laini and two other galagoes are stuck under that tree hollow.” Kion explained.

"And they are not making coming out very easy on account they keep panicking non-stop." Sunset added in irritation as she blew the smoke from her horn.

“Not for long.” Beshte was quick to tackle this alongside Twilight and Fluttershy. “Twenty Kiboko!”

Thanks to Beshte using his upper body strength with Twilight assisting in using her magic gently, Fluttershy was able to get under and pull the trapped galagoes out of the tree hollow alongside Bunga.

“Come on out of there, galay-Lagos?”

“It’s okay! Were we got you! You’re safe now!”

Once they were out of there, two out of three of the galagoes were very happy and relieved to be free once again.

“Yay! We’re free! Woo-hoo!”

“Where’s Laini?” Bunga asked as he once more took a reach and peek inside the tree hollow in order to find her. He ended up reaching something all right. Another bug that is. “You’re not a galago.” He gulped and crunched it up in one bite.

“Seriously?!” Rarity had to run aside to avoid gagging at the sight.

“Bunga, focus!” Fuli sternly scolded before reaching inside the tree hollow herself and successfully managed to retrieve the galago leader herself who quickly expressed her gratitude.

“Whoo! We’re free! Thank you, Lion and Pony Guard!”

“No problem, Laini!”

“We’re very happy it help if it means ensuring that you all of those poor galagoes are okay.”

“It’s what we do.”

Both the kindest of the bunch along with one of the Fastest of the bunch returned.

With the danger passed, Beshte and Twilight put the tree hollow down while the galagoes went on their merry way.

Sunset grumbled in response with how well they took the alicorn's more gentle approach. "Showoff."

“All right Lion and Pony Guard! Let’s get back to our morning patrol.” Kion said with their work here done for now.

“See ya! Watch out for falling trees!” Pinkie happily called out to them before they all set out once more.


Inside the Outlands, the banished crocodile float’s leader has just been briefed with the oncoming arrival of the eager gecko seeking to join his float by Njano. Said area happens to have a small watering hole that’s smaller than Makuu’s in the Pride Lands but just enough to get them through the dry season.

Naturally the crocs there have gotten all grumpier and meaner than Makuu on a bad day but there’s no denying that they deserved it for attempting to off the king and the princesses along with being very ungrateful towards their reasonable handling big the situation to at least be able to accommodate their watering needs during the dry season.

“Trust me. This guy is gonna be great for your float! He knows all about Makuu and his crocs. And all of their fighting techniques.”

So far, Kiburi isn’t impressed. “So do I. But what good does that do for me if the Lion and Pony Guard especially Twilight won’t let me into the Pride Lands?”

“This guy is a friend of the Lion and Pony Guard.” Njano replied. “I’ll be he can help to get past ‘em including Twilight.”

Now Kiburi was impressed. “A crocodile that’s friends with the Lion and Pony Guard? Interesting.”

“And here is.”

Both Shupavu and Hodari had just arrived.

Now Kiburi was confused at the size of the friend he is now dealing with. “I thought you said he was a crocodile.”

Njano shook his head in response. “No, you said it. Trust me. You can totally use this guy to take down Makuu.”

None of the less, it is still something worth pursing if it means a chance to get what he wants. So he moved to approach the gecko ready to hear him out. “So, Njano tells you want to be a part of my float?”

“It’s my dream!”

He moved to start singing to him only to be interrupted on the first verse when Kiburi raised a claw up to get him to stop.

“Who! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! No singing! If you wanna be a crocodile, you have to show me you can fight.”

Could this be true? Hodari thought to himself. “You mean…a traditional crocodile initiation spar?” He asked.

“That’s right.” He nodded when one of the crocodiles that helped tried to assassinate both Simba and Celestia approaches him while emerging from the water. “Tamaka will be your sparing partner.”

Said crocodile growled in an intimidating matter.

But even still Hodari remained self-assured that he can take him. “You got this! You got this!” He said to himself while doing a good luck dance as he ready’s himself for this.

Before moving to circle around the two along with the rest of his float, Kiburi whispered to Tamaka. “Let the little guy win.” Once the two had took their positions at the rock Hodari was standing on they were ready to throw down. “Ready?” Both nodded. “Begin.”

Hodari moved to carry out his best move. “Wide tail spin! He gave his tail a good whip with good form and without tripping up himself to connect on his opponent’s arm.

Tamaka didn’t react as said attack was a mere slap on the wrist. But even so given that Kiburi looked on expecting him to win with a firm nod upon glancing back at him he had to make it look convincing.

“Ow, the agony! You have beaten me!” He fell flat on his stomach before closing his eyes to further sell it, even though good eyes could tell it’s overly dramatic acting that Rarity would put to shame any day.

And yet it was still enough to convince Hodari that he actually managed to pull it off. “Wow! I must be stronger than I thought. All right! Who’s next?”

Kiburi was quick to put that idea to rest. “Okay. That’s enough, Hodari, you have won the initiation spar.”

“Really? Really? No wait, really?” Hodari expressed now bursting with enthusiasm feeling his dream his finally coming true.

“Good job, gecko. You are now part of my float.”

Hodari now happier then ever did a victory dance. “I’m a crocodile! Who’s a crocodile! I’m a crocodile!” He stopped when he saw the two crocs glaring at him. “Uh…you know? Sort of.”

Kiburi rolled his eyes in annoyance and sighed before continuing the act. “So Njano tells me you’re friends with the Lion and Pony Guard?” Kiburi inquired.

“Oh yeah! Especially Beshte! He’s the best!”

“Wow.” Kiburi said. “Maybe we’ll run into them and you can say hello?”

“Where are you going?” Hodari asked upon seeing that he and is float are ready to set out there.

“To the Pride Lands.” He answered while taking g lead once more. “I’m tired of this mud. We’re going to a real watering hole.”

While confused as he is unaware that he was banished here he still none of the less joined them just pleased that Kiburi did what Makuu wouldn’t do. Allow him to fulfill his dream. Even though he doesn’t really mean it deep down and it’s just to get information to use against his rival.


Elsewhere in the Pride Lands, the Lion and Pony Guard resumed their patrol where Beshte and Fluttershy are both looking on worried and feeling bad for Hodari since they couldn’t spare the time to comfort him after Makuu coldly rejected him.

“Beshte, Fluttershy, are you both okay?” Kion asked concerned for his friends.

“Yeah. You’re being rather quieter than usual.” Rainbow added equally concerned as both she and Kion walked/flew side by side together.

“Yeah. I just feel bad about Hodari.” Beshte replied.

“He tried to join Makuu’s float?!” Applejack asked knowing exactly what this all about.

“Yeah. It was his dream and I told him to for it, and they laughed at him.”

“Well, yeah!” Fuli replied not surprised that would happen. “They’re crocodiles. What did he expect? Burst out into a song hoping it’ll convince them?”

“Even knowing that Makuu isn’t one of those guys that was going to be easily convinced.” Rainbow added. “We did try to tell him.”

“But they at least could have had the heart not to make him feel bad or at least humor him about it.” Fluttershy replied feeling equally bad for the lost gecko. “Why does Makuu have to be so mean to everyone even when they are trying to help him?” She then expressed rather put off by his attitude earlier.

“I don’t know.” Twilight replied. “Probably because he’s been used to being brute and ruthless even when Pua was in charge. Having just been reformed doesn’t mean he’ll change his personality overnight as easy as switching sides.”

“But how was it easy for you?”

“Because I’ve been used to being a good pony growing up unlike Makuu even with a taste of blood here and there. Figuratively speaking.”‘ She quickly added before her and Ono’s blood could run cold. “But point being, it’s not yours nor Beshte’s fault. You both were just trying to be good friends. You both tried to help give Hodari a chance to pursue his dreams even if they weren’t completely possible.”

“Twilight’s right." Sunset agreed. “You both did everything you could do to help him out. And in my case even though I'm now a better pony, my anger issues didn't go away overnight the day even after I turned over a new leaf. And from what I'm seeing at least Makuu is making progress somewhat.”

“I know. But he just seemed so sad.” Beshte said still downcast with what had happened.

“With who knows where he has wandered off to.” Fluttershy added.

Before any of them could continue being sympathetic to their plight, Ono and Rainbow both quick caught something up ahead. Something alarming.

“Hapana! Everyone! Everyone! Kiburi and his crocs! They’re back in the Pride Lands!”

“Took them long enough to work the courage to come back here if you ask me.”

Without another word the Lion and Pony Guard set out to stop them before anything else could happen.

“To the Pride Lands and Equestria’s end…”

“Lion and Pony Guard defend!”

In quick time, the Lion and Pony Guard were able to intercept them before any damage could incur.

“Kiburi!”

“Why are you back in the Pride Lands?!”

Both leaders of the Guard demanded upon meeting face to face with him for the first time since he was banished.

“Just visiting. Saying hello to some old friends.”

“You don’t have friends here!” Fuli angrily reminded not caring for his attempted pleasantries. “Not even the Guard’s Kindest are your friends!”

“Speaking of friends, have you met the newest member of my float?

His fellow crocs stepped aside so they can show them who just joined them. It was none other than Hodari looking on proud and happy yet oblivious that they’re evil crocs at the same time much to the Guard’s surprise. Especially Beshte and Fluttershy.

“Hodari?”

“Oh, hey Beshte! Look, I made it with the crocs now!” He happily greeted while standing by Kiburi’s side.

“But…but…”

“You can’t be.”

“See? Hodari’s our friend, he’s your friend too. So doesn’t that make us all friends?”

“No way!” Bunga asserted but then got confused. “Wait, it doesn’t right?”

Sunset looked on confused yet blankly. "Am I seeing this correctly." She asked Pinkie.

“Um, given we’re dealing with mean crocs that we’re banished for an attempt to fatally ambush King Simba and Princess Celestia who convinced our gecko friend to join them, I’m going to have to go ahead and say, no here.” Pinkie answered while still looking on confused.

“Good call.” Kyoga commended.

“Enough said, if you’ll just step aside…” Kiburi said while trying to press forward ahead deeper into the Pride Lands.

But Kion still wasn’t about to let him by. “I really mean it, Kiburi! You and your crocs need to leave the Pride Lands, now!”

“But…”

Twilight teleported and appeared right behind him with black tentacles appearing behind him along with having her eyes glow white.

“Remember me?”

Kiburi’s face turned pale white with horrified shock along with his jaw dropping at the effortless intimidation from the Princess. And that was enough to get the arrogant croc to turn around and leave.

“Kiburi…?” Tamaka spoke confused.

“Float, Follow me.” He ordered before he and the others minus Hodari did as they were told.

“Wh…What’s going on here? Hey!” He desperately called out to them to no avail still not understanding why the Lion and along Guard are treating them like enemies.

“Beshte, Fluttershy, make sure Hodari is okay.” Twilight said to them.

“Now let’s go make sure Kiburi and his float really does leave the Pride Lands.” Kion then said before leading everyone else after them to make sure of that.

After they had left, Beshte and Fluttershy wasted no time in doing so.

“Hodari…are you okay?”

“What are you doing with Kiburi and his crocs?”

“Didn’t you hear, Kiburi? I’m part of his float now. Why did you chase them away?”

“Because King Simba and Princess Celestia banished them to the Outlands for trying after they tried to take them down. That’s why.”

“They’re bad guys, Hodari.”

Hodari however didn’t see it that way. “No! Kiburi was nice to me and we were just looking for water!”

“Hodari, you gotta trust us on this!” Beshte implored of him who is still not listening to reason here.

“But you said I should join a crocodile float. Now that I did, you’re telling me I’m a bad guy?”

“I’m not saying you’re bad…” Beshte tried to explain before being cut off mid-sentence.

“Yes you are! You said I should follow my dreams and I did…”

“But Kiburi is not your friend!” Fluttershy asserted. “He’s just using you! And he’ll drop the nice guy act when you’ve no longer served his purpose!”

“Is he? Is he really? Or maybe it’s because you never gave him a chance to fit in like you helped give me a chance to try to pursue my dream. Maybe you’re not my friend after all. Both of you.”

Fluttershy gasped as tears fell from her eyes as Hodari moved to run away from them again despite Beshte calling out to him with nothing more than speaking with a kind heart.

“No! Hodari! Wait!” He called out whole only being able to look on with sorrow for the misguidance he was given from other allies and enemies alike.

Fluttershy had continued sobbing with only her hippo friends comfort as Hodari had already gotten away with clear intent in regrouping with Kiburi and his float.


Said float has now managed to retreat to the Outlands again.

“I thought you said the gecko was going to get us past the Lion and Pony Guard, Kiburi.” Tamaka commented once they were sure said protectors of the Pride Lands and Equestria have backed off pursing them for trespassing.

“At least he stalled ‘em. They looked confused.” Nduli commented though that wasn’t really the case.

“No.” Kiburi shook his head against it. “We just have to move fast and take down Makuu before the Lion and Pony Guard even know we’re in the Pride Lands.”

“But what about that purple alicorn pony?” Nduli pointed out. “With her around she’ll stare down deep into your soul before you can get there.”

“Not to worry my dim witted comrade.” Starlight’s voice spoke to them as she suddenly appeared before them looking deviously with her equally devilish smirk and sky blue colored horn charged with hot magic. “I’ll take care of Twilight.”

She then teleported away just when Hodari managed to regroup with them.

“Kiburi! Crocs! I’m back!”

“Hodari? We thought maybe you decided to stay with your Lion and Pony Guard friends.”

“They’re not my friends anymore. I’m with your float now.”

“Ooh. Like that’s going to do us any good.” Tamaka commented.

Kiburi remained sure they still have something they can work with here. “It might. Watch.” Turning back to the blue gecko in a friendly tone. “Hodari, you have so many crocodile moves. You got to tell us everything you learned from Makuu’s float.”

Hodari was more than happy to share. “Oh, wow! There is so much! You should see the new moves they’re working on.” He attempted to demonstrate one only to trip and fall on his tail. “Like…the Wide Tail Spin. Most of the crocs can’t do it as good as me. Oh, and Makuu has been doing this crazy new move…” He wiggled his tail as a determination that he could do no problem. “…but I don’t think he can that move. His front leg is hurt pretty bad.” Kiburi eyes widen with interest upon hearing that particular detail. “Oh, oh, and there’s this new move, too!” He demonstrates a back flip. “But I don’t think he can do that one.”

“Makuu’s hurt?” Kiburi smirked seeing potential at preying at his vulnerability. “This will definitely be useful.”

“Useful? For what?” Hodari asked not quite understanding the float’s leader true intent behind it.

“Oh, you’ll see.” Now Hodari is unsure and uneasy by his dark reply but wasn’t sure of what he meant by that.


Elsewhere, the Lion and Pony Guard have wasted no time in rushing over to the nearby watering hole where Makuu and his float are located so they can alert him of what they just encountered.

“Makuu!” Twilight called out to him while arriving.

“Twilight. Kion. What’s going on this time?”

“We thought that you should know we saw Kiburi and his float headed your way earlier.” Kion reported.

Hearing his name was enough to spark a growl from the crocodile leader. “Kiburi? Ugh.”

“I know.” Twilight understands and shares his disgust for the crocodile too. “We chased them back into the Outlands, but they might be back.”

“I can handle Kiburi if I need to.” He lifts up his broken leg only for the bones to crackle once more causing him to grunt in pain again.

“Not so sure about that.” Fuli whispered to the others very doubtful he can with the injury he has now.

“Me neither.” Rarity shook her head while cringing in disgust after hearing the sound itself.

“And Hodari’s with Kiburi now.” Beshte added. “I wouldn’t want him to get hurt.”

“Hodari? Who’s he?”

“You know, little gecko, about yeah high.” Bunga lifted his arm to up to up his thighs.

“The one who tried to join your float but laughed at him in response.”’ Pinkie added while showing him a recorded replay of said events through a theater camera of him and his crocs doing just that.

Everyone briefly looked on wondering where and how she even managed to do that.

“How does she…?” Ono whispered to Sunset.

“I don’t know.” She simply shrugged in response.

“Oh, that little Guy.” Makuu said now remembering what he did back then. “If he wants to be with crocodiles, he’ll have to take his chances.”

“But what if he needs our help?!” Fluttershy asked in worried anger.

“If he needs it feel free that is if he is still alive which I would be amazed if that were the case.” He replied indifferent as always much to the animal lover boiling anger.

“I’d think you ought to since it is the least you can for being so mean and hurtful to him earlier.” She furiously retorted with her Stare. “I mean sure it’s out there to want to join a crocodile float but he didn’t deserve to be laughed off. And you know what, if you had just had the heart to be nice to him about it, he’d still be here and he wouldn’t have ever joined Kiburi who is by the way planning on coming back here to take you out while hurt. So take that into consideration when you are unable to defend yourself, Makuu!”

While everyone else was shocked and surprised by her outburst, Makuu didn’t even blink or show any intimidation in response. “You done?”

“Yes.” She grunted in frustration upon seeing it has no effect on him anymore.

“Anyways…we can stick around in case Kiburi comes back.”’ Kion offered after getting over his shock.

“We don’t need your help?!” Makuu stubbornly refused despite the fact that it would be very useful to him now. “We crocs can take care of ourselves.”

Both Rainbow and Applejack had to hold Fluttershy back to keep her from trying to tear him a new one for his attitude.

“Easy there, partner!”

“No! Let me at him!”

“Fluttershy! Forget it! He’s not worth it.” Rainbow then muttered to herself. “Even if he is asking for it.”

With that aside…

“Okay.”

“If you say so.”

Both leaders relented to his wishes before leading the team away having decided that it’s not worth arguing about.

As they all left, Kiburi and his float watched on along with Starlight and Hodari just patiently waiting for them to leave before taking their chance to pounce on their prey.

“Oh, Makuu…” Starlight smugly remarks at his shortsightedness “…if only you truly understood what your odds are.” She chuckled darkly. “Scar was right. Some things never change.”

“They sure don’t.” Kiburi agreed. “We’ll give the Lion and Pony Guard time to move off. Then it’s payback time.”

“Payback time? I thought we were just going to get water.” Hodari returned with his uneasiness about all of this increasing with every passing second.

“Oh, don’t worry.” He falsely assured as he turned to face him. “We’ll get the water. And the watering hole.” Seeing that dark smile had Hodari nervously licking his lips and gulping in response.

Now he is beginning to feel he is on the wrong side of things as Kiburi is making it clear he wants more than what he claims to seek. And it is not good.

A fair distance away, the Lion and Pony Guard have come to stop to make Fluttershy has calmed herself down enough.

“You okay, darling?” Rarity asked her who is still restrained by both Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

“No.”

“Right…of course you’re not…still.” Rarity apologetically replied for asking.

Knowing Makuu best, Twilight moved to approach her the best way she could. “I know he is still frustrating to deal with and I’m sorry that he’s been a thorn in your wing. But I do promise you that we are still going to come to his aid whether he wants it or not.”

“But what about Hodari? If he’s still hanging out with Kiburi, he might get hurt, or worse…”

“That I’m sure neither of those are going to happen and do you know why? Because Kiburi has a bigger prize on his even shorter sighted mind. Killing Makuu and taking over his watering hole.”

“Speaking of said crocs…” Rainbow commented as she and Ono got a good look at the watering hole. “…they’ve just returned and made this way on over there already!”

“And the gecko is still alive!” Ono added as he scanned the fight that has just begun.

While relieved, dealing with Kiburi and his float is still their primary concern.

“Which means we need to get on over there!” Kion stated seriously as he and Twilight got ready to lead their team on over there.

But suddenly a bright blue blast of magic suddenly struck right in between them, forcing them to split apart.

“You could do that…or I take you all out on the spot!” The light purple colored unicorn spoke to them while levitating to stay afloat.

“Starlight!”

“What are you doing here?!”

“Well let’s see…” Starlight crossed her arms and tapped her chin with her hoof. “…Kiburi and his crocs are taking on Makuu and his float while Makuu is injured, there’s a million dollar opportunity to take you out right now…” She then snapped. “…what do you think I’m doing here?!”

“Here on Scar’s behalf, that’s why!” Twilight spoke as she flared her horn up and spread out her wings. “And I know full well that you’re the only one brave enough to challenge me to keep me away from helping Makuu and his float.”

“Aww, how cute that you were able to figure it out right away. Too bad it’s going to do very little to help you out!” She worked up her magic to fire another hormone right at Twilight who swiftly dodged and redirected it back at her.

In retaliation, she floated over to engage in a dead lock battle with the alicorn.

“Twilight!” Kion called out to her ready to rush over to jump into the fray.

“Forget about me!” Twilight insisted that she can handle this on her own. “Go save Makuu and his float!”

“No!” Kion asserted otherwise while flying over to ram into the unicorn by her side causing her to grunt in pain when it happened as she tumbled across the dirt.

“Lion and Pony Guard! Go! Save Makuu and his float!” He ordered of the others who wasted no time in using the distraction to head on over there. “I’ll help Twilight take care of Starlight!”

Twilight turned to Kion finding his assertiveness admirable as he makes it clear he is not letting her handle this on her own. After sharing a nod together to let each other that they are in this together they both spread out their wings once before taking flight against the unicorn who has just recovered from the impact ready to resume their fight.


Back at the watering hole, the crocs wasted no time into going into wrestling it out.

One of the crocs attempted to take out Tamaka using the Wide Tail Spin, only for him to be able to counter it by grabbing it and returning a quick whip back at him right to the face.

“Ha!” He smugly smiled. “The little gecko was right!”

“Ha!” Nduli equally smug remark after taking out another one of his opponents. “We know all your moves!”

All while Hodari watched on in shock at what is happening right now as it is clear to him they want to take over the watering hole with brute force rather than the simple friendly get together he initially thought it would be.

Kiburi after taking down down another crocodile by throwing him aside into the mud, his eyes were now targeted on Makuu, ready to take him down while he still can.

“Kiburi, only brave enough to challenge me when I’m hurt?”

“Your days of leadership are over, Makuu.”

Kiburi charged at him the second Makuu tried to only to be held back by his injury thus allowing the former to wrestle and knock him down to the ground.

“Kiburi! Stop!” Hodari called out to him just when he was moving to advance on him. “You can’t just attack Makuu! You have to call for a mashindano to challenge his leadership. It’s then crocodile way.”

“The crocodile way?!” Kiburi scoffed. “Don’t tell me about the crocodile way, gecko.”

For good measure he swiftly returned the Wide Tail Spin to bat him away to a nearby tree. It was there the truth that Beshte and Fluttershy were trying to tell him was clear now. Kiburi and his float are truly bad guys and he had just unwittingly helped provide them means to defeat the good guys.

“The little gecko is right, Kiburi.” Makuu pointed out not taking kindly to what he just did.

Not that Kiburi even cared. “So? Once I’m leader, the crocodile way will be whatever I say it is!” He continued to pounce and wrestle him while still continuing to have the upper hand on Makuu.

“Oh, no!” Hodari gasped in horror. “This is all my fault!”

Despite his best efforts, his leg injury was too much for him to be able counter Kiburi’s attacks.

And that’s when the Lion and Pony Guard arrived.

“Kiburi! That’s enough!” Applejack called out with her lasso quickly wrapping itself the guy’s snout.

“This isn’t your fight, Lion and Pony Guard!”

“It is now!” Rainbow stated before rushing over to charge at him as fast as she could fly on over to him delivering the hardest punch she’s got on him with Sunset being quick to follow after her. “And this isn’t your watering hole! To the Pride Lands and Equestria’s end…”

“Lion and Pony Guard defend!”

The rest of the Lion and Pony Guard followed suit as even the Kindest of the bunch got in on the action.


At the same time, both Twilight and Kion are still squaring off with Starlight who is equally determined to get payback at them both.

She traded and dodged magical blasts aimed at her by both the prince and princess before making a charge at Twilight She continued firing blasts at her who moved to counter each and every one of them before connecting a blast against her to force her back.

Kion then flew over with a growl as he bared his teeth and claws right at her by swiping his claws at her face She barely dodged the scratch with the only causality being a slice of her and being slashed off. She tumbled to the side before charging back to tackle him. They tumbled across the ground before Starlight moved to fire a blast of magic that sent Kion flying backward and slamming into a nearby tree which cracked and fell apart upon impact.

With her eyes back on Twilight, she quickly moved to rush over to challenge the alicorn again who likewise charged back at her.

The two traded blast each other on equal footing before Twilight moved to increase the intensity of her magic to force Starlight on the defense.

Then Kion moved to charge and fire off a blast of his own which sent Starlight flying backward into another tree which broke upon impact.

Even with the hits she’s endured, she is still determined to try to win and ensure they can’t help Makuu long enough for Kiburi to defeat him before releasing another yell before charging again.


Back at the watering hole, the crocs battle still drags on with teeth, claws, and hooves all at each other. At that point the Lion and Pony Guard have made progress against their opponents.

Both Fuli and Rarity wasted no time in saving the croc Tamaka had on the ropes with a well-timed set of karate moves followed by a fast jump on the croc’s head leaving him to eat mud because of it.

“Take that!”

“Huwezi!”

Ono let out a charge and yell while swooping down to peck at another crocodile having his opponent on the ropes followed by both Bunga and Pinkie leaping onto his body and tackling him into an unbreakable pin.

“Zuka Zama!”

“Pinkie Power!”

Both Beshte and Applejack charged together as they plowed through the two crocs that tried to come at them. With a powerful grip of her lasso, Applejack was able to whip it into having the croc caught in it to crash into the croc that Beshte had knocked away, causing them both to crash into the tree that Hodari was sent to.

Hodari fell but was caught by Fluttershy with her own two front hooves. “Wow, thanks!”

“You’re welcome!” She sweetly replied with a smile much to his surprise.

“Hodari? Are you okay?” Beshte asked while approaching him. “We were really worried about you.”

“I’m still your buddy even after I joined the bad guys?!” Hodari asked very surprised to see that neither both Beshte and Fluttershy hold what he last said to them.

“You were never a bad guy, Hodari.”

“You were just led astray by others pretending to be your friend. And you’ll always be our friend.”

“To the Pride Lands and Equestria’s end.”

Both assured that all is forgiven.

At the same time, Rainbow and Sunset are both still sparing with Kiburi and has managed to force the exiled croc on the defense and is even landing punches and magical blows on his face.

“Give it up, Kiburi!”

“Never!”

To prove it he quickly moved to the sideman and gave Rainbow a tail whip that sent her flying away and screaming in pain while another croc knocked Sunset to the side to keep her from further intervening against his leader.

Said leader quickly took the opportunity to resume his battle with Makuu along with continuing to dominate him by pinning him to the ground.

“Kiburi!” Kyoga shouted while finishing off dealing with one of his crocodiles. “Let Makuu, go!”

“You make me!”

Kyoga moved to make a charge at him only to be knocked aside by Tamaka who is still not out of the fight yet.

“Ha! Ha! Take that three legs!”

Kyoga growled before baring her teeth and claws against him as magic fired up in her palms already done with showing restraint with these guys. She made quick work with the crocs slashing and blasting every one that tries to gain up on her along with Sunset with the latter already getting riled up with their unrelenting viciousness against them.

But that was enough for Kiburi to resume his unchallenged duel with Makuu. “It’s just you and me!”

With everyone else too busy and caught up with their duels including both Kion and Twilight who both now are relentlessly landing effective blows on Starlight from nearby, Hodari sees that it is up to him to come to Makuu’s rescue. While he’s in no position to help him given the way he treated him earlier, it’s still the right thing to do. Especially since he ended up providing Kiburi the means to take him down.

“Beshte! Fluttershy! We have to help Makuu!”

“Hop on!” Fluttershy allowed him to ride on her before taking flight on over there while Beshte followed after them to ensure they can get there unchallenged.

“Just get me close so I can land on Kiburi’s snout. I got an idea.”

“Got it!”

From Beshte plowing every crocodile trying to come their way along with Fluttershy staring down and swiftly dodging every crocodile that tries to do the same to her, the latter was able to send Hodari on a flying path onto Kiburi’s snout.

Kiburi got distracted as he finds himself unable to shake him off. “Get off me, gecko!”

“Makuu!” Hodari called down to him. “Use the wide tail spin!” Makuu managed to gain the strength to force his antagonistic rival off of him. “Now!” He shouted while leaping off so he’s out of harm’s way when he did what he told him to do. And before Kiburi realized it, he was hit with a powerful hit with the backlash causing him to literally eat mud as he tumbled across said mud towards the other defeated crocodiles. “You did it!”

As if that wasn't bad enough for Kiburi, he winds eating mud again when she fired another blast right in his face courtesy of a pie tin smacking him right on the snout followed by a scorching blast of magic to the face by Sunset as a penance for what he just did today, all while on the verge of nearly blowing her stack.

At the same time, both Twilight and Kion have just got done dealing with Starlight as she is too overwhelmed by the double team up to the point she ended up eating mud too, literally courtesy of a simple blast of magic and swipe of claws to the chest and face.

“Time for you to go back to the Outlands, Kiburi!”

“And time for you to go away from Equestria too, Starlight!”

Both leaders of the Guard told them.

“This isn’t over, Makuu!”

“And I will be back and coming after you again, Twilight!”

Both Kiburi and Starlight defiantly stated.

“It is now!”

“And you will never prevail no matter what happens next!”

Starlight teleported herself away in time before Kiburi and his followers were all sent flying back into the Outlands when Kion unleashed his Roar against them.

"Good riddance." Sunset remarked feeling satisifed as she blew the smoke off of her horn after enduring the most vicious foe to date.

Hodari watched on proudly as he managed to become the hero of the day who despite his recent mistakes still remained good at heart to prove his worth and pulled through in the end when it really mattered.

Seeing what he did today was enough to get Makuu to reconsider what he said and did earlier as not only did that help him win a fight against his favor but also saved his life.

“Hodari, right?” He asked while approaching him.

“Yep! That’s me!”

“That was a very brave thing you did back there.” He complimented.

“Really?”

“Yes.” He said with a proud smile. “You have the heart of a true crocodile. If you still want to, you’re welcome to join my float.”

Hearing that left the little gecko astonished and left speechless in response. “Me? Me, on your…”

“Don’t make me regret it!” He sternly warned.

Getting the message, he moved to speak more clearly as he replied. “Yes Makuu, that would be the best thing ever!”

“Very well…” Moving to the center of the gathering so he can make it official. “Crocodiles, welcome Hodari. The honorary crocodile.”

The crocodiles all chanted his name while the Lion and Pony Guard all watched on proudly as Hodari is honored and praised for his heroism along with getting to be achieve his dream of finally becoming one of them.

“Hard to believe that this is actually happening.” Rainbow whispered to Rarity.

“I know, but he’s certainly earned it if I do say so myself.”

“Even though he’s not really a crocodile?” Rainbow asked still a little skeptic at the idea itself.

“Yes. And let’s just leave it that and let him have this, darling because I have a very good feeling they’ll get along swimmingly together now.” She giggled to herself along with a half and half who did and didn’t find it funny.


At the same time both Scar and Starlight watched over from the tall mountain tops with nothing but a look of calculated patience. The former moved to read another scroll he managed to retrieve during the distraction before allowing Starlight to read it himself before they teleported away from the scene.

Even with their minions near home still struggling, they still have means and ways to achieve victory, no matter what happens. The war is still going on, and is still going strong for them.

Author's Note:

Hear this episode with the holiday break over we are back to work with the crocodiles now training and preparing themselves for battle.

Along the way a gecko has the lifelong aspiration to want become a crocodile. (Which I took the time to get the Lion and Pony Guard to help him try not to be disappointed given Makuu’s current attitude. Along with cutting out the interruption of sparing session in canon)

But given Beshte and Fluttershy being the kindest of souls they couldn’t let him down as Hodari moved to pop the question (No, not that question) with predictable results.

A rejection itself ends up with consequences as the skinks were quick to pass this along to another rival croc who is more than happy to use said knowledge to take down Makuu. Leading to another epic battle with Starlight joining in for the sole purpose of getting both Kion and Twilight out of the way.

Thankfully by then Hodari realized that he was in the wrong side all along and came through to help Makuu defeat Kiburi due to suffering a leg injury from the earlier rock slide. And with full gratitude and thanks makes the gecko’s dream come true. (Funny how it works nowadays)

Up next is a little mystery about Discord when he manages to bond with the whole Guard minus Twilight over the last weekend. Which I hope (pending) I can have ready by the end of the month so keep your eyes peeled until then (and No I don’t mean literally)

PreviousChapters Next