• Published 4th Feb 2023
  • 1,597 Views, 155 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 5) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion and Pony Guard face new friendship lessons and challenges as they continue to expand it across Equestria and the Pride Lands

  • ...
1
 155
 1,597

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 17: Amending Fences Part One

Episode 17:

Amending Fences Part One

One night at the Castle of Friendship both the Prince and Princess of Friendship, Kion and Twilight were both relaxed as they both sat comfortably on the couch together with the latter being the first to express her relief while reading her book.

"It sure is good to finally be able to relax, isn’t it Kion?”

“Absolutely! Especially after dealing with four events in one week!"

“You can say that again.” Fuli commented in agreement while stretching her back on one of the sofa’s on the opposite side of the room. “It sure is good to be able to feel flexible once again after getting paralyzed by a monitor lizard."

To emphasize her point she quickly ran a lap through the living room through the kitchen on her way through every room on the first floor, before going outside before going around and running back right where she started. In the process, she ended drying all of the dishes that all landed nicely on top of each other in a neat and orderly fashion.

Just as soon as she settled back down on her resting couch, both Bunga and Spike came walking in wearing aprons, yellow rubber gloves, and clothes over their foreheads.

"You know the worst thing about you two being the Prince and Princess of Friendship?” Spike asked rather wearily as he took off the gloves. “The dishes.”

“Aww, come on, Spike.” Bunga said with an easygoing demeanor. “It wasn’t that bad.”

“Only because you were licking off every single crumb that was left behind on them.”

“Well what can I say? At least every bite of food was eaten as opposed to…”

“Bunga, no, don’t say it!”

“…finishing dinner by being rather crummy about it.”

While Bunga chuckled at his own joke, the others however didn’t find it amusing as him. Both Kion and Twilight groaned softly while Fuli was a little more vocal over her dislike of the attempted humor.

“You should have listened, Bunga.”

“Aww, come on guys. That was funny!” Everyone just looked on like he is trying to pull their legs.

“Maybe to you, and could you kindly not pull my leg, please?!”

“Oops.” He realized that he was literally pulling on one of her back legs along with sheepishly scratching the back of his head. “My bad!”

“Anyways, thanks for taking care of that, Spike." Twilight gratefully said to him as he joined her on the couch.

“No problem.” Spike kindly returned as he took a book he had placed on the counter earlier so too could sit back to read alongside Twilight.

“You know what’s funny?” Bunga asked as he used some of the old newspapers to create a makeshift sailor’s hat. “All of these ponies and Pride Landers from here and there comin' to you two for advice about friendship?"

"How is that funny?" Kion asked curiously and confused himself.

"You know, 'cause from what I heard Twilight used to be famous for being such a bad friend."

Twilight sat upright, looking at the honey badger now confused and somewhat hurt. "What are you talking about? I had good friends in Canterlot. And as for recently, that’s all in the past now. I though we moved past it."

“We did. But come on Twilight. Look at the wall…” He said directly her attention to the nearby pictures on the wall. "D'ya see any photos from before we moved to Ponyville? And look at you now – the Princess of Friendship."

Twilight stood up from the sofa and took a good look at the pictures during her time in Ponyville. And much to her horror, he was correct about the fact that not one photo depicting her with any of her Canterlot friends from the past.

"This is a disaster! All my old friends! I can't remember what they look like! I think I remember Twinkleshine. Or, was it Lemon shine? Was she the white one or the blue one?" she gasped again, "I can't believe this!"

Kion stood up in an effort to try to calm her down. “Easy Twilight. I’m sure Bunga didn’t mean to say it like that.”

“Yeah!” Spike stood up in agreement too. “You’ve come so far ever since then, Twilight."

Twilight still uneasy with the discovery turned to grab the little dragon by the shoulders. "But do you really think that they think I'm a bad friend?!"

Spike now wasn’t sure of how to properly respond to that. “Uh…no.”

"Oh, I feel terrible! I've gotta make it up to them!"

“Twilight…” Fuli tried to say in an effort to keep her grounded.

But she blew right by her before she could get another word out.

“Pack a bag, Spike! We're going to Canterlot!" Twilight made a mad dash up the stairs to her room, before moving to pack her belongs. But not without adding as she briefly popped her head own to address to Spike for a second. "And make a list of my friends' names."

After returning to packing, Kion, Spike and Fuli all shot frowns and glares at Bunga.

"Once again you and your big mouth stirs up trouble again. Congratluations Bunga, you really take the cake there.” Fuli sarcastically remarked to the nervously chucking honey badger.

“Really?”

“Yes.” She bluntly replied. “And no, there is no cake for dessert tonight.”

“Aw man!”

Kion sighed in defeat knowing exactly what this means for them. “Well, guess we’re going on a field trip back to Canterlot again.”

“Yep.” Fuli replied with the same defeated expression. “Some things never change.”


As soon as Twilight dashed out of the library with Spike hoping on her back having prepared for that, Kion and Fuli both in flight and on ground followed closely after her with Bunga riding on his best friend’s back on the way over.

"Come on, Twilight. You're getting worked up about nothing." Spike insisted in his attempts to get her to calm down.

“Not to mention getting us all worked up on our energy.” Fuli added as she managed to keep pace with everyone.

“Please, Twilight. That was all a long time ago.” Kion said trying to implore of her once more they have no reason to resent you now. “They put it behind them.”

“But what if they truly hadn’t put it all behind them, Kion? You knew me from when we first met so you would know that. Everyone knows that!”

"But why now are you worrying what you may have said and did back then to make them think that way?”

“Because it didn’t occur to me up until this point.” wilight flew ahead and landed in the middle of the courtyard. Kion landed on the ground seconds later with Fuli performing a big leap over the castle wall to join them. Spike and Bunga jumped off of both Twilight and Kion's back as the alicorn looked up at the tower that used to be her home.

"The only logical place to start is at the beginning. This is where I use to live when I was Celestia's student." She explained while she walked towards it, along with the others.

“Nice.” Bunga complimented with a friendly nudge. “Pretty fitting for a protégé like yourself.”

“Thanks.” She replied all while still focused on her old home before entering the place. Since it was currently nighttime most of everything was covered in darkness. The place was clean itself, all while nothing had been moved out of place since she was last here. “It's exactly how we left it!"

“Everything down to the last book, huh?” Kion commented as he Fuli and Bunga soaked in their surroundings of the place that Twilight used to live in.

“Yep.”

“Makes perfect sense.” Fuli commented as she took notice of all of the books along with many, many items that no library could ever imagine of having. “Considering that this room was most likely reserved for the princess’s protégé only and you haven’t been here since.”

“Yep.”

Kion then literally stumbled across the book when he nearly lost his balance. He was able to keep himself from falling over before moving to blow the dust away from the book. "What’s this?! The Predictions and Prophecies? The original Elements of Harmony?”

“Uh-huh.” Twilight nodded as she and Fuli appeared behind his shoulders. “Back before they and the Roar came together as one.”

“So it’s safe to say that this is outdated information?” Fuli asked.

“Yep.”

Spike also found something he recognized upon spotting it. It was the broken red present box with a yellow ribbon along with the busted teddy bear. "Hey, here's that present I was gonna give Moon Dancer! Huh. Guess she won't be needing that." He tossed the bear away into the nearby trash can only to discover something else within the box. "Hey, look! The rest of it's still here!"

Though Twilight was still downhearted with how she left things back here as she moved to gaze at her own reflection on the glass window.

"How could I have let this happen?"

Spike walked up beside her to assure her otherwise once more. “Come on, Twilight. Princess Celestia gave you an assignment. Nobody could blame you for that."

"But look at the way I left this place. It's a total mess!" She still moved to sadly lean her head against the window. "Just like how I left my friendships."

Kion tried once more to get through to her. “Twilight, I know that you were exactly a social mare when we first met but it doesn’t matter now. You’ve changed for the better and that’s what really matters now.”

“As for someone who knows a thing about being a little anti-social, I can definitely say for sure that’s a fact!” Fuli said with a smirk ignoring the knowing smirks from both Kion and Bunga for her use of the word little. “And regardless of how it turns out we’ll help out on this one. Like always. If it all works well, great! The Princess of Friendship has made some even more friends. If not despite your best efforts, well, that’s their loss."

Both Twilight and Fuli shared a friendly and amused giggle together before the former moved to reply while voicing her determination to make things right.

“Thanks. I've gotta make it up toooo... uh…Minuette, Twinkle…Hearts?…Lemon shine, or….?"

Spike was quick to jog her memory by counting the names with his claws, "Minuette, Twinkleshine, Lemon Hearts, and Moon Dancer."

"Yeah. Them."


Hours later, it was sunrise where the rising sun glowed through the glass windows. Both Spike and Bunga fell asleep on a couple piles of books where they ended up snuggling together. They both ended up waking up when they heard the cheetah’s voice speak to them.

“Spike! Bunga! Come on! We've got work to do! Oh…!" She stifled a giggle when she realized what she just saw. “...when you’re both done, of course.”

“Done what…?” Bunga asked just when they both realized what they fell asleep into.

“AAH!” Spike screamed as they both scrambled away from each other after realizing in horror of the position they were in just seconds ago. “AAAHHH!” He quickly rushed over to the nearest shower in the Canterlot Palace grounds for a quick hot cleansing shower.

Bunga simply shrugged to mask the shock he just felt a second ago. “What’s his deal?”

“Probably because he now stinks.”

“I don’t know why? I smell great!”

Just then Spike quickly rejoined them all while still scrubbing soap around his scales with towels wrapped all over his body. “Yeah right.” He grumbled before asking upon seeing both Twilight and Kion doing a heavy load of research using the library’s resources. “So, have you all been awake all night?”

“Yep.” Twilight nodded as she levitated a scroll and unfolded it. "We did a little research, and I think I know where we can find Minuette! That is one of my friends, right?"

Spike nodded his head before resuming his personal scrubbing for another five seconds before dumping water on his body again and drying himself off completely. Now that he was clean, dry, with a fresh scent on his body he was ready to join the others in assisting Twilight with the reunion of her past Canterlot friends.

Sometime later the five friends stood before the tall building with an hourglass over the doorstep. Even the door was shaped like an hourglass.

“Wow! Perfect timing.” Fuli commented as she couldn’t help but remark on the shape of the house itself.

“Yep.” Kion nodded as he and the others watched as Twilight stepped forward ready for the first step to amending fences as she knocked on the door and patiently waited for her to respond.

“Uh…” Bunga stuttered struggling to find the right words. “…just so you know, it’s not too late to forget I opened my big mouth."

"No, Bunga, I'm glad you opened your big mouth. These ponies have probably been suffering ever since I left. Wondering why their supposed friend would treat them so badly!"

“A little exaggerating if you ask me.” Fuli commented. “I mean if we were talking about just after you became an alicorn, not so much.”

After a few more seconds the door creaked opened slightly but there was no pony appearing from behind the front door. Curious and slightly worried, Twilight peaked her head in slightly, hoping to see it isn’t because she left the door unlocked after leaving.

"Minuette?"

What happened next caught her completely off guard...

"Twilight Sparkle! You old so-and-so! What are you doing here?!" The energetic blue unicorn happily greeted. "Hey, Spike!" Minuette waved at the little dragon before admiring Twilight's new wings. "Look at these wings, huh?!" The unicorn complimented eagerly. She then gasped when she spotted the company they had standing behind them.

"And you two must be the Lion Guard! Kion and Fuli! I've heard so much about you both! About how fierce and fast you both are!”

“That’s us!” Bunga proudly pointed his claws towards his chest. “Protectors of the Pride Lands along with Equestria!”

Minuette happily gasped before rushing over to the honey badger with a high-five hoofbump together. “Bunga! Great to see you again!”

“Pleasure’s all mine, Minuette!”

“Wait…”

“…You two know each other?”

Both Kion and Fuli asked in confusion.

“Of course! He was there at the Royal Canterlot Wedding where after we shared some apple fritters together before the ceremony. I remember we are getting all giddy about party plans and the prince and princess getting married…or…at least before the most evil lion of the Pride Lands came and turned it into what the clumsy zebra would say…”

“Panic and Run!”

“Panic and Run!”

The two took turns mimicking Thurston before laughing together at the memory.

“Ah, yes!” Bunga wiped the tears that were forming from his eyes. “Good times together! Good times!”

“It sure was.” Mineutte gasped upon spotting the horn and wings on Kion’s head and body. “Oh my Simba! You got wings too! And a horn! So cool!” She moved to admire them up close similar to what she did with Twilight. “Not only that you’re also a prince!”

“Um, thanks. Always have been. And calling me Kion itself is more than enough.” Kion returned sounding more awkward than humbled given that this is what Pinkie Pie would do in her hoof-steps, although she does have more restraint and a little more common sense and respect towards personal space than the party pony.

Minuette then giggled and levitated a camera from inside her house and gave it to Spike. "Hey, grab a picture of me and the prince and princess, will ya?!" She turned back to Twilight. "I tried to tell my co-workers we used to be friends back when. But they've never believed me!"

Twilight looked at Kion and Fuli who only shrugged their shoulders in response. Spike and Bunga did the same before the former focused the camera so he can take the picture. Minuette gave the cutest smile she could give while both Kion and Twilight smiled casually with each at her side.

"Wait-wait-wait! Really fluff 'em up, huh?"

Both alicorns opened up their wings for the shot and Minuette stretched out her front legs in a happy manner just as the camera flashed.

Twilight blinked rapidly while Kion shook his head so they can properly regain their eyesight. "So what are you doing here? I mean, I know you're here all the time, but you never come to see me. Hey! I just had the greatest idea! You wanna go see Lemon Hearts and Twinkleshine?"

Twilight smiled as she immediately accepted her offer. "Of course! My old friends!"

"It'll be great!" Minuette giggled before leaping up with a single skip as if she were flying, "Come on! Let's fly! Get it?" She laughed while galloping ahead.

“I do!” Bunga laughed before being the first to run alongside her.

"This is perfect! I can apologize to all three of them at once!" Twilight happily expressed to the others.

"Let's hope they're not as traumatized as Minuette." Spike remarked sarcastically.

“Or as energetic as Pinkie Pie and Bunga combined.” Fuli also remarked still blindsided by the whole part where the latter actually got to know the unicorn beforehand. “And how did we not know that?”

“Uh, because we were all busy helping out with the wedding.” Kion reminded.

“Right, that.” Fuli groaned. “Don’t remind me again.”

“I’ll try.” As much as Kion hates relieving their most painful memory to date talking about weddings when said makeup date is on the horizon with a specific date yet to be made.


Said get together happens to be at the local Canterlot Doughnut shop. While Spike, Bunga, and Fuli all sat on one table, Twilight and Kion were both at the table where all of the other girls were and all happily chatting with one another. From the looks of it, they sure didn't seem upset with Twilight for leaving. As a matter of fact, they were happy she came back to the point Twilight was starting to see that her other friends were right about having nothing to worry about. The girls giggled while sharing donuts and Minuette shared more of her funny stories.

"She did! Twinkleshine literally spit out her oats when she heard you were the Princess of Friendship!"

"We saw you at the coronation." Twinkleshine said. "That was some shindig!"

"You did?" Twilight asked as she bit into her donut.

"Sure! We see you all the time!"

"We were even there for Kion’s coronation after the Battle for Pride Rock II and the whole rescue party from the Outsiders." Lemon Hearts added after swallowing the donut she had in her mouth. “Both Equestria and the Pride Lands have never been more together since then."

"So, what else have you girls been doing since I left?" Twilight asked.

"Well, we visited Ponyville from time to time, Lemon Hearts and Twinkleshine have family there too, that's where we met Lyra."

"Lyra Heartstrings? I know her!"

"Oh, yeah! She mentioned you a couple of times. We're always over there visiting her. Or she's coming over here!" Minuette giggled, but Twilight didn’t share the same enthusiasm as her.

"Oh. Really?"

Minuette giggled as she broke her donut in half with her magic. "We've thought about asking you to join us from time to time, but we just sorta figured you'd moved on."

Twilight's head lowered in sadness along with her ears. "Oh."

Briefly awkward silence loomed over the mood of the gathering. Kion too felt rather uneasy about it.

Lemon Hearts then cleared her throat. "So what brings you by anyway? All those times you've come back to Canterlot, you never had donuts with us before."

"Well, uh, you see…" The alicorn sighed as she pressed forward. "I came to apologize."

"For what?" Minuette asked after swallowing another donut.

"Before I left Canterlot, I didn't really appreciate my friends. And that's because I didn't know how important friendship was. But I've learned so much since I moved to Ponyville. I learned what it means to be a good friend and that I certainly wasn't one to the three of you. So for all the pain I caused you, I am truly sorry."

After a few seconds of silence…the whole group of girls erupted into laughter.

“Huh?”

"Sorry, Twilight!" Lemon Hearts apologized once they all calmed down enough to properly explain themselves. "But, for real, you came all the way back here just to apologize for all the times you practically ignored us?"

"Well, yes. I thought you'd be angry at me."

"Well, we were." Twinkleshine admitted. "But, in all honesty, we always had a feeling you didn't want friendship. But we still tried to befriend you anyways."

"We just hated seeing you all alone all the time, so back then we figured you were just shy." Minuette added.

Lemon Hearts spoke next. "Sure, it might've stung a bit when you ran off to Ponyville without saying goodbye, but it's not like we weren't used to that from you already. We realized you didn't want any friends after all, so we stopped trying to force you to be with us."

"But that still didn't mean we didn't like you." Minuette reassured. "Or maybe we figured we just weren't the kind of friends you wanted to have."

"No!" Twilight exclaimed as she shook her head. "That's not true! The three of you are all so wonderful, I was the one who didn't appreciate your efforts. And I'm sorry I didn't try to reconcile with you when you came to Ponyville."

“In all fairness, not all morning patrols last as long as anyone would expect them too, especially when trouble occurs.” Kion interjected in her defense. “Something that’s usually out of our control.”

“Oh, of course.” Minuette understood completely. “You never know when something is going to happen whether it’s a random hyena attack or crocodiles not learning to get along with each other, or an ostrich winds up getting stuck in a hole. Yeah, that’s bound to happen anytime anywhere.”

“Exactly.”

"But it's really good to see you now." Lemon Hearts reassured Twlight that all is good between them now. "Hey!” She then beamed up when an idea came to her head. “Anypony up for a blast from the past?"


The three unicorns then took Twilight and the rest of her friends to a large building, which was closed for the day, because it is currently a weekend. Twilight's eyes gleamed up upon recognizing the place as she peaked into the window, from the classroom inside, the desks, the blackboard, and the beakers and books.

"It's our old science lab! I have so many great memories of this place!"

Both Spike and Bunga got a good look at the place too along with Kion and Fuli.

Minuette then giggled as she recalled. "Remember when Lemon Hearts got her head stuck in that beaker?"

“Really?! How did she do that?!” Bunga chimed in as he along with both Minuette and Twinkleshine giggled while Lemon Hearts glared at them rather annoyed for bringing up what is to her a rather embarrassing memory.

As Twilight keeping looking inside the classroom, the more her past memories of the place started resurfacing as she imagined it like it was in the past when she used to attend the place. Little fillies all unicorns were inside along with a unicorn teacher watching over them. The ponies were either giggling or reading their books, but mostly the former.

As Kion tried to get a good look inside he ended up placing a paw on Twilight’s head in the process of popping his head up taller and by doing so he ended up having a surge of magic go right through his own body causing his eyes to turn white. In a flash, he ended seeing what Twilight’s thinking about when she was a filly attending class at the time.


She recalled one day where she managed to picture Lemon Hearts with her head stuck in the beaker. How she even managed that was a mind blowing question all while Minuette and Twinkleshine chased after the panicking unicorn to try to help pry the beaker off of her head.

Siting on one desk were two little fillies, their noses practically glued onto their books. Once placed down, Twilight immediately recognized the two.

One of the fillies was herself back when she was young and the other was a pony was also someone who had her head buried face first into her book just like the filly beside her.

"But according to this book, you're supposed to add the sodium chloride first." Young Twilight said with a straightforward expression.

The other filly beside her interestingly had a similar mane style as Twilight. Identical actually. The main difference is that this filly had a yellow coat, dark purple eyes and a red mane with purple and gray streaks.

"I read ahead, and to make a proper salt lick, you need to add the molasses first."

"Well, I read ahead too, Moon Dancer, and I'm sure it said sodium chloride first."

Moon Dancer, squinted her eyes only to realize what she was saying. “Oh. I've got the wrong book. That's so hilarious." She replied dryly. The two with the same posture both continued reading their respected books, all while ignoring what the others were doing.


“Kion…” He ended up shaking his head with his eyes returning to normal when he opened them again. “…you okay?”

“Uh, yeah!”

“What did you see?”

“You and the others as fillies being inside the school in the past.” He honestly answered still mind blown that he actually managed to tap into her memories like magic. “Twilight…I…just figured this out. I didn’t mean to…”

Twilight raised a hoof to get him to stop stuttering. “It’s okay. Like I said before it was back when I wasn’t the best friend a pony could ask for and it’s all part of the learning process. Speaking of which…” She then turned to her other pony friends wondering. "…whatever happened to Moon Dancer?"

The three ponies, surprisingly, had their previous upbeat attitude drop like a rock when the name was mentioned. "We just sort of lost touch after you left." Minuette explained sadly, which was new for all of them.

"I think she went to live out by the stadium, didn't she?" Twinkleshine mentioned.

"Well, let's go see." Lemon Hearts suggested while leading the way and the others followed after her.

“So...” Fuli spoke up to Twilight as they walked together along with Kion and Bunga. “…was Moon Dancer a close friend of yours back then?”

“Yes…” Twilight replied rather regretfully. “...but I can’t remember much about her other than bonding over science, magic and books together. To put it short, she was a lot like me when I was younger.”

“I can imagine that.” Fuli commented seeing the similarities already.

“Me too.” Kion commented to himself which happened to be loud enough for the others to hear him. “I mean...just because I can read minds.”

“Apparently.” Fuli replied with a knowing smirk that means he’s just discovered a new power.

Bunga gasped in delight. “You can read minds?! Oh, oh oh…” He quickly rushed over to his best friend. “…read mine! Read mine!” He had the lion place his paw on his forehead which caused his eyes to glow white once more.


When his eyes opened up he saw Bunga’s fantasy of him single-handily punching and kicking the hyenas away all while shouting “Zuka Zuma!” while making his way through the Outlands back to Ponyville. There he finds himself enjoying a chocolate mud bug lava cake Pinkie Pie made for him. All while shoveling it down with his claws.

“Mmm! Mmm! This is so good!”


Bunga allowed Kion to remove his paw which allowed his eyes to stop glowing.

“So, what’s it like?” He eagerly asked.

“Um, very like you Bunga.”

“I know right.” He said rather flattered and excited feeling its all spot on.

“Anyways…” Fuli said deciding its best not to question his fantasy before turning back to Twilight. “…hopefully Moon Dancer is just as forgiving as you and all will be good in no time at all.”

“Hopefully.”

While she does take Fuli’s word for it, she can’t help but feel someway somehow it won’t be as easy as anyone think it may be…


In short time, the group of friends made their way to Moon Dancer's house was by the stadium. But when they got there they found it wasn’t exactly what they were expecting. The cottage itself and the land around it weren’t warm and inviting.

Parts of the house were falling apart, the yard had dried grass and dying flowers, the windows were broken, the only good grass grew from the roof and around parts of the fence. Said fence around it was made out of stone, but with parts of it missing with more growing grass on some parts on them. The ponies made their way towards the door, all while they along with most of the Guard walked behind them and cringed at what they are seeing.

"I think this is the place." Minuette said, "Didn't used to look like this, though."

“Clearly.” Fuli looked on like she stumbled upon something worse than Bunga’s stench. Said honey badger admired the scenery like he could live here if he wanted. “And don’t get too comfortable, Bunga. We’re visiting not staying.” She quickly warned him just when he was about to roll over the grass and stones.

“Aw, man!” He pouted before regrouping with his friends.

Regardless, Moon Dancer is said to still live here, and Twilight was still mindset on patching things up with her. She approached the door, which had a crescent moon on it, and gently knocked on the door. When nothing happened, she knocked a bit harder and louder, before her hoof went right through the door along causing said door to fall over onto the ground surprising her Canterlot friends while she was at it.

“Oops.” Twilight said as a drop of nervous sweat dropped from her forehead.

“Now I see at least one more thing you’re going to have to apologize for.” Bunga commented.

While moving forward to look inside (while staying outside of course) she foud the room itself was dark and messy before gasping when she spotted the familiar pair of eyes she was looking for.

"Moon Dancer?"

"What do you want? I'm trying to study." A very messy and peeved off looking looking unicorn with black glasses and brushy eyebrows wearing a dark purple turtle neck sweater, impatiently demanded.

Both Kion and Fuli were taken aback at the sight of her who looked more like a grumpier and crankier version of Bupu before finding themselves glared at by said pony.

“Uh hi, Moon Dancer.” Kion greeted with a friendly smile and wave even if it was rather awkward as his tone. “How are you today?”

Fuli looked on while trying to mask her cringe-filled feelings. “Did you do anything fun today?”

But Moon Dancer was not interested in whatever they had to say before refocusing her attention towards the alicorn, pony and dragon. "What are you doing here?" She asked still grumpy and aggravated.

"It's us! Your old friends!" Twilight smiled as Minuette, Twinkleshine, Lemon Hearts and Spike gathered together happily. Bunga popped his head into the group gathering.

“Along with one of your new friends, Bunga!”

Moon Dancer however wasn’t interested in any of them before groaning angrily and picking the door back up and then slammed it shut.

“I think you jumped in a little too soon there Bunga.” Fuli commented just when the magic Kion used in an attempt on the background image vanished.

Minuette nervously chuckled. "That's old Moon Dancer, all right. She always did like her books. Hey! Kinda like you used to be, huh?"

Twilight looked like she had just looked herself in the mirror. "Exactly how I used to be."

“Now come on!” Bunga moved to knock on the door calling out to the pony. “That’s no way to treat someone who’s came all the way over here to greet you!”

She poked her head out of the door she slammed open and gave another angry glare at the honey badger. “Yes it is! And if I were you, I’d get out of here before I call the cops on you all!”

“Okay, okay, sheesh…” Bunga said with his hands up in surrender. “…no need to get your sweater in a twist.” He and everyone wisely got off of her property just as she slammed the door once more. But not without Bunga releasing a bubble in the door’s direction. When it popped it released a big burp which caused the door to fall over once more much to everyone’s shock.

“Ooh! My back!”

Everyone all glared at him wondering what the hay he was thinking when he did that.

“What?” Bunga innocently asked. “She had it coming!”

“Still wrong though.” Fuli replied with a disapproving look on her face just when Twilight moved to heal her out of courtesy before they all left her alone before she could press charges against them. At least the healing gave them leeway to ensure of that.


Not wanting to give up on Moon Dancer. She spent the following three days, keeping a close eye on her from afar. Much like during her spying days for Scar since observance is the key of knowing someone better in order to find the best approach to be able to reconcile with her, or in Scar’s case, using said information to defeat his opponent rather than friend.

She had Minuette and Spike for company as they sat at an outside café table while hiding their faces with their menus, silently watching Moon Dancer walk towards the Canterlot Library. Throughout their observing all they saw was the unicorn making her there and nothing else. All without acknowledging anybody and looking on seriously and stoically.

The alicorn and unicorn lowered their menus, revealing that Minuette was wearing green shatter sunglasses with a palm tree and parrot on the sides, Twilight wore casual nonsense black shades, while Spike however wasn't wearing anything over his eyes.

He sighed once he lowered his menu. "Come on, Twilight! We've been watching her for three days! Library, house, library, house. That's it!"

“But there has to be more to it than that.” Twilight replied while taking off her shades. “And looks like I may to try a more closer approach.”

“Huh?” Kion commented clearly confused after having heard that while approaching her with the other two friends. “What?”

“I’m talking about Moon Dancer. Trying to figure of how I can be her friend again.” Upon seeing that Kion is still looking on uncomfortably at her she added. “And I don’t mean being her girlfriend.”

“Oh!” Kion realized in relief and with red flustered cheeks. “I see!”

By her side Fuli chuckled in amusement upon seeing that Kion is still not on board with the idea of loving someone let alone teammates dating someone.

“I take it observing her from afar didn’t yield results?” Fuli asked after calming her personal laughter down.

“Nope.”

“Even after three days, huh?”

“Nope.”

“Not even a friendly greeting?” Bunga hopefully asked.

"No. Nopony looks at her or says hello or even gives her a smile. It's like she doesn't even exist.” She turned to Minuette to ask. “Was she always like this?"

"Well, she always was a little shy. But for a while there, she was really starting to come out of her shell. Remember when she threw that party?" Twilight shrugged while blushing rather embarrassed and grimacing as she is starting to get a pretty good idea of what party it could have been. "Oh, right. I think you might've been busy that day."

“Very likely, yes.” Kion turned towards her curiously wondering what happened that particular day as he looked towards Twilight rather uncertain with what he is now thinking. “Go ahead.”

Once more, Kion gently placed his paw on her forehead. At the same time Fuli and Bunga both shared a curious look before placing their paws on top of both Kion and Twilight without their knowledge, and in a flash, they all recalled the memory from when before Twilight was sent to Ponyville and met the Lion Guard.


Said memory was the moment Twilight came across Minuette, Lemon Hearts, and Twinkleshine who all intercepted her on her way back to her private study.

"There you are, Twilight!" Twinkleshine happily greeted. "Moon Dancer is having a little get-together in the west castle courtyard. You wanna come?"

True to her character back then she replied. “Oh, sorry, girls... I've got a lot of studying to catch up on."

She galloped away from them with the following dialogue occurring from out of earshot said back then.

"Doesn't that pony do anything except study?" Lemon Hearts said rather disappointed.

"I think, she's more interested in books than friends."

But that was not the only memory that saw.


Next thing they know they are seeing Fuli, when she is a cheetah springing on ahead with a merrier like smile as she is greeting some friend she knew back then. At the same time she spotted Kion and Bunga when they were young playing their favorite baobab fruit game. They were both having the time of their life like it doesn’t matter whatever differences they have together. Deep down she agreed with their mindset before setting off to meet off with who she is looking for today.

It was a trio of cheetahs that she is very fond of back then.

“Sally, Sassy!”

“Hi Fuli!” The two immediately greeted while wrapping her in a hug together. “How are you!”

“I’m good!” She groaned upon being tightly hugged. “If you both please let me go before you crush me that would be even better! Let go! Let go! Let go!”

Both girls quickly did as she asked of them.

“Oops!”

“Sorry!”

With that settled she then moved to greet the sole male cheetah of the bunch.

“Aazad!”

“Fuli! So good to see you again!”

“Good to see you too! So now that we’re all here…” She said with all eyes focused on her. “…are we all ready to race!”

“Yeah!” The girls both cheered as they quickly raced off ahead towards the Outlands border.

“Hey! No head starts!” Fuli called out to them before turning to Aazad. “Well, their loss!” She shrugged before sprinting off ahead.

“Oh, yeah!” He agreed while quickly running up alongside her.

By quickly running together neck and neck with each other they were able to challenge each other into running their fastest speeds to the point they were able to quickly catch up to the two cheetahs still holding onto a slim lead as they make their way towards Flat Ridge Rock where they all did a quick wide turn away from the incoming gorge.

“Uh-oh.” Sally commented upon getting a small corner peak at her rear view mirror after making the turn. “Time to really get going!” She quickly rushed off ahead to try to put some distance on the two cheetahs catching up to them.

Sassy however had the same idea and ended up keeping close on her tail and made a quick sprint on ahead of her all while cutting her attempted sprint off. Sally had to skid a little in order to avoid crashing into her.

“Hey!” The pony didn’t like being cut off like that before quickly giving a harder effort in order to avoid losing too much momentum. She grunted as she exerted more of her energy just to zigzag by her so she can bump into her in retaliation.

“Excuse me!” She remarked rather offended before using her tail to slap the aggravated cheetah away from her behind.

“Excuse this!” She retaliated again when she bit the cheetah’s tail causing her to screech in pain before being tackled by Sally as the two suddenly got into a fist and paw fight with each other.

They argued and attacked each other so fast there were stars and marks scattered around the dust cloud that formed around them as they pressed on forward together. At the same time, both Fuli and Aazad were quick to make their move as they pressed on ahead of them.

With the lead now in the rightful paws the two leaders were now neck and neck nosing their way on by the other Pride Lander’s grazing grounds as they worked their way back up to where they started. As they zigzagged by the other Pride Landers they were very careful not to crash into them all using the open paths with very few times they dared to use the narrow opening to gain an advantage on each other. It was close.

Now came the finish line straight in front of them, still nose to nose as they charged down the last straightaway. It’s going to be very close. As they crossed the marked line in the grass and dirt, Fuli wins by a nose, Aazad in second.

“Yes!” Fuli stated victoriously as Aazad looks on with a look of respect.

Deep down he couldn’t help but be a little envious of her. While they both have shared victories in the past, Fuli however had the slight edge on him. But never the less, he was still a good sport about.

“Nice job!” He complimented just when the two had what seemed really liking each other a lot lately.

But just when their eyes towards each other were getting filled with roses and hearts they little moment was interrupted was when both Sassy and Sally came in tied for third, or more accurately last place just minutes later. And needless to say both cheetahs were not happy with each other.

“What the heck?!” Sassy complained as she rubbed the pain on where Sally bit her tail. “Tailbones are very sensitive!”

“Sensitive?! Says the cheetah who was literally right in front of me?! What were you doing trying to give me tail kisses?! Cause I ain’t your girlfriend, remember?!”

“Oh I’m sorry! Did try to flirt with you back there because last time I checked I wasn’t the one who started that fight?!”

“Me?! You cut right in front of me!”

“Didn’t mean to but it is technically a legal racing maneuver.”

“Is not!”

“Is too!”

“Is not!”

“Is too!”

Fuli groaned before using her tail so she can give a proper whistle to shut them up.

“Enough!”

They immediately stopped in their tracks as they find both Fuli and Aazad both looking on very annoyed and frustrated with them.

“Regardless of how clean you raced it, the number one rule of racing is to have fun! And thanks to you two I can’t even fully enjoy my victory nor can Aazad!”

“Unbelievable!” Aazad stormed off while Fuli followed after them leaving the two girls to continue their bickering over who’s fault it was…again.


Kion removed his paw from Twilight’s head, who likewise was felt looking down in shame like it was worse than her betrayal of Equestria and the Pride Lands. The party must have meant so much to Moon Dancer, to the point she unwittingly crushed her glimmer of brightness without realizing it just when she was considering to embrace friendship.

At the same time, Fuli was also just looking off into deep space like she just realized something. Truthfully she was left stunned of how the similarities between her and Twilight are. Yet at the same time she was left wondering why she saw it on what it has to do with her problem with Moon Dancer.

Kion after seeing this couldn’t help but wonder more about her too since this was clearly getting to her inside. More importantly what does it mean for her?

"Thought she finally might be letting her guard down a little with that party." Minuette said, shaking the girls from their shocked state of mind. "We invited her out a few times after that. But she was always too busy studying. So, eventually, we just stopped asking."

"I had no idea that party was so important to her." Twilight commented while still feeling guilty but still determined to make things right as she pounded her hoof on the table. "I've gotta find a way to make it up to her!"


The princess entered the library and spotted Moon Dancer sitting alone, taking notes from various books. So, she went with her first approach to try to get to talk to her, by being casual.

She moved to walk behind her by pretending to not notice her at first, until she quietly gasped and feigned her surprise. "Oh, my gosh! Moon Dancer?! Is that you!" She tried to usher in a whisper.

"Shh!"

But of course that happened to be too loud in a library as Twilight was ordered to be quiet by the visitors and librarian. She quickly sped away before it could get worse for her.

So with that failed she decided she needed to try another approach. Something a little more direct.

She later snuck up from behind, who tried her best to ignore her in response as the former’s horn glowed when she opened her mouth to speak.

"Moon Dancer, can I talk to you for a min—"

"Shh!" But Moon Dancer realized that the alicorn had created a force field around them so nopony else could hear them. "What is this?"

"Eh, a bubble of silence. Anyways, I haven't seen you in a while and I thought it might be nice to catch up."

"For what purpose?" She irritably asked with her face still buried in her own book.

"You know, 'cause we're friends. And I know I wasn't always the best one to you, so I thought that---" Before she could finish, Moon Dancer used her own magic to break the bubble of silence, and the popping noise caused the other ponies to "Shhh!" Twilight again.

Now that left her to go to Plan C.

Later, Moon Dancer got up from her table and towards a nearby bookshelf to levitate herself a new book from a shelf, only to see Twilight again from where she pulled it. She was really trying her hardest to get to talk to her.

"I'm really sorry to bother you. I was just hoping we would go outside and talk for a bit."

Moon Dancer curtly placed the book back onto the shelf to shield Twilight's face from her view. So with that approach not getting through to her, she is now left trying to find a new approach to allow her to explain herself. Something a little more that appeals to her interests.

Back at her table, Moon Dancer used her magic to turn the pages of the book, only to see a strangely similar image of Twilight…which started to move and talk to her.

"I'm sorry I skipped your party." The image whispered, causing Moon Dancer to scream rather startled.

"AH!"

The other ponies, "shhh!" at her for once causing Moon Dancer growl at the image in the book, whispering back at it rather annoyed as hay at this point. "Why won't you leave me alone? I'm trying to study! You've got the wrong pony! I don't have parties!"

"You did once." Twilight whispered back. "And I was so caught up in my own studying that I didn't take your feelings into account."

"Look, Twilight Twinkle—"

"Sparkle."

"Whatever! I just need to be alone so I can study without some crazy pony trying to make friends, all right?!"

At this point, seeing that she isn’t going to listen to reason, she decided it was best to turn her back on her. "Fine!" Twilight started walking away, until Moon Dancer stopped her.

"Wait. How did you get into my book like that?"

Twilight smiled in return triumphantly. Her plan worked wonders.


From there Twilight was finally able to get Moon Dancer to talk. The two old friends walked along the grassy fields of Canterlot and over the bridge while Twilight explained to Moon Dancer what she did earlier in the library.

"I've been studying a new studying technique. I can only do it for a few minutes, but you'd be amazed how much you can pick up when you're actually in a book!"

"It's one of Hayscartes' methods." Moon Dancer commented.

"You know Hayscartes?"

"Of course! He's a genius!"

"I have a copy of his Treatise on Ponies, you know."

"Really?!"

“Yep! Back at a place I used to call home before moving to Ponyville. And that was before forming the first ever Pony Guard alongside the newest Lion Guard”

“No way!”

"Oh it’s true! I even have the whole history from the Pride Lands past right down to the first formation of the original Lion Guard.”

“Wow!”

“Yeah! Quite a lot of adventure and thrills from going out on patrol! Quite a lot of stories to tell that I’ve handwritten myself.”

“Sweet Celestia!”

“I know! A new world with new exciting places to see and learn more about, something that you could never ask for.”

“More than studying books in a library!”

“Yep!”

“Wow!”

“I know right! Amazing what popping your head out of your books can do to you if you try something new for a change.”

“I guess.”

“I mean it was pretty hard stepping out of my comfort zone at first, but after giving it a try I found a new passion in life. Being able to protect not only one but two kingdoms with friends I’d never imagined ever having.”

“I never would have imagined of how great the Pride Lands sounds or even what it looks like.”

“Well it’s never too late to start exploring and learning about it. All it takes is one walk through a magical portal just outside of town and the magic and wonders of the Pride Lands are there for you to see.”

Moon Dancer really started to consider it, from what she’s been told about the Pride Lands it sure sounds like a great place to explore. It was starting to sound like something worth more than living in isolation from the rest of the world in favor of studying.

“From the looks of it, you sure sound like you had quite a life changing experience.” Moon Dancer commented while eying the scar over her left eye. But she truthfully wasn’t sure if she should ask why she has it. “I can definitely see it now.”

“That’s good.” Twilight calmly replied as she took notice of what she was really eyeing at before leading the way once more. “And now for something that I know you’ll really like."


Twilight then led Moon Dancer to her old home and showed her, her old library. This place was like everything Moon Dancer could ever want in life.

"What is this place?"

"This is where I used to live. This library used to be my one and only sanctuary. I never really shared it with anypony else." She said the last part rather regretfully.

Moon Dancer spotted a familiar book on a nearby shelf. "Wow! A first edition of Principles of Magic! Hey, didn't I give this to you?"

Twilight hardly remembered that but once she did it had her cringinge. "Maybe?"

Moon Dancer opened the pages with her magic, "I did! Look, I even wrote something! "To my friend, Twilight Sparkle. Thanks for introducing me to the classics." I can see by the fact that you left it here that it meant a lot to you." She said rather sarcastically before placing the book back onto the shelf.

Just when things were going so well it seemed it all got undone in an instant. But Twilight was quick to keep it from happening.

"Look, I didn't bring you over here for even more poignant reminders of what a bad friend I was. I brought you here to give you this." She levitated golden key with an hourglass shaped handle for Moon Dancer. "You can come here whenever you want and study to your heart's content."

"Really?"

The unicorn was left speechless in response to this generous gift she was given. It was like nopony had ever opened up her heart to her ever. She graciously accepted the key, levitating it with her own magic while adjusting her glasses.

"But first, you've gotta do something for me."

"What?" Moon Dancer eyed her suspiciously expecting the catch out of it.

"Have dinner with our old friends tonight. I made reservations at the best restaurant in Canterlot. What do you say?"

Moon Dancer dropped the key and instantly turned away. "I can't. I'm reorganizing my biology scrolls."

"I've been spending a lot of time with Minuette, Twinkleshine, and Lemon Hearts since I've been back. They really miss you."

"Look! I already told you! The last thing I need is a bunch of ridiculous friend-making keeping me from studying!"

Even still, Moon Dancer didn't want to continue pursing friendship. She was sounding even more like how Twilight used, expect even grumpier and emotionless. No matter what she has tried so far it made zero progesss in getting through to her. In order to stop everything that has happened from being undone she quickly intercepted the unicorn before she could leave through the front door.

"Moon Dancer, wait! A wise pony once taught me that there's more to life than dusty old books!"

"I tried friendship and it's just not for me. Now, if you'll excuse me…"

Twilight now had to think of something quick, so she tried appealing to her interests once more.

"What if I taught you Hayscartes' method?"

Thankfully and as she predicted, Moon Dancer stopped in her tracks ready to accept the offer thinking she go out for just one dinner together.


Twilight, Moon Dancer, Twinkleshine, Minuette, Lemon Hearts and Spike all sat together in a single large table near a window, with Kion, Fuli, and Bunga all sitting alongside them. The get together itself was somewhat awkward given that this is the first time the unicorns have spoken to Moon Dancer in a long time. Given that she is still looking on with a disinterested frown, it was hard to find the right words to appeal to her to a good dinner conversation going. So Minuette the most vocal of the group spoke first.

"So, uh, what are you studying these days?"

"Science, magic, history, economics, pottery, human world history, engineering. Things like that."

"Yowza! You planning on being a professor or something?"

"So you’re just...studying."

“You know…” Kion spoke up trying to spark up the conversation a little more. “…we’re always open to giving you a tour of the Pride Lands. You’ll get to see more of the Pride Lands…”

“Go on patrol!” Bunga chimed in.

“...met new friends, new animals…”

“Meet the Lion and Pony Guard!”

“…and get meet to my mom and dad…”

“The king and queen!”

“…It’s a really nice place for you to get see for yourself.”

“Plus You get to take down big and mean bad guys while you’re at it! And it’s Bunga-veilablely awesome!”

But so far, Moon Dancer still wasn’t up for it. Deep down, she was, but she was really against the idea of making friends whether it’s ponies, animals, or anyone.

“Can I go now?”

“Moon Dancer, please!” Twilight insisted.

"It's all right, Twilight." Minuette kindly assured. "We're having a good time. Right, everypony?"

Twinkleshine simply shrugged, unsure whether to answer yes honestly, while Lemon Hearts chuckled nervously. Minuette then tried to start another topic of conversation.

"So, uh... Spike, tell Moon Dancer that story 'bout how Twilight had to read a book about doing a sleepover!"

Spike swallowed his food and inhaled to speak, but was stopped by Moon Dancer before he could get a word out. "Slumber 101? I've read that."

Twilight chuckled nervously in response, "Oh! Really? Well, uh, did you know Lemon Hearts here works at the Canterlot palace?"

"Uh, yeah. It's true. I do the big events mostly. State dinners, that sort of thing."

The conversation when briefly silent as cricket noises were heard.

“Bunga!” Fuli turned to him with narrowed eyes.

The honey badger opened his mouth and then crunched the cricket with his teeth before gulping it down. “Ah, thanks. How did that get there…? Oh, wait!” He spotted the nearby window where there was a close tree branch hanging by it. “…Never mind.”

An awkward silence loomed over them, and Fuli tried to pitch in. "You know…slumber parties are a lot of fun. In fact, I was there when me and Twilight had our first sleepover together. It was pretty fun, actually."

“And let me guess, you invited two more friends, a tomboy and girly girl, who constantly got on each other’s nerves to the point slumber parties were no longer fun and you gave up on friendship?”

Fuli blinked in surprise of how accurate she read her mind along with Twilight. “Uh, close. And, no.” She then thought to herself as she whispered to Twilight. “Wow, this girl’s hard.”

It was clear by this point that this attempt at a get together isn’t working out. In fact, Moon Dancer decided she had enough before angrily groaning and made her way towards the exit all while a certain light purple coated unicorn watches on at the former attentively.

Twilight teleported herself outside, calling out to her. "Moon Dancer!" When she didn't stop, Twilight teleported herself in front of the unicorn, so she can stop her in her tracks. "You've gotta give friendship a chance!"

Using her own magic, Moon Dancer levitated Twilight out of the way, "Dah! I gave friendship a chance a long time ago! It didn't work out then – it isn't gonna work out now!"

Twilight could only look on heartbroken before walking off away from the restaurant upon seeing that every one of her attempts to get through to her as failed. All of her friends ran outside to check up on her but the now emotionless alicorn wasn’t in the mood to talk.

Kion’s concerned focus was briefly distracted when the waiter handed him the bill for the meal. “Ugh, just bill me.” He said before he, Spike, and Fuli all pursed her.


Later that night, the three all finally managed to catch up to her out in the courtyard where Moon Dancer once had her party.

Kion was the first to approach her. "Twilight, are you all right?"

"No. No, I'm not. I really messed this one up. That party was everything to her. I can only imagine what it must've felt like when I didn't show up."

“Probably not good for her.” Fuli commented with no way of saying it any better with two pairs of eyes directed at her in response. “I know that for a fact.”

“How so?” Kion curiously asked.

“Remember that sleepover I had with Twilight, Applejack, and Rarity?”

“Yes?”

“Well I never told anyone but her this, but long story short is that I had some friends I once had that constantly argued like Applejack and Rarity and they managed to drive another friend I once had away from home. A close friend.”

“How close?” Spike curiously asked. A brief moment of silence made it clear. “Sorry. Shouldn’t have asked. Stupid question.” He apologized after realizing it was too personal.

“No it wasn’t.” Fuli shook her head taking no offense but still firm that it should not be pressed up further. “Anyways Twilight, I have a pretty good idea of how she feels right now. Now, we just need to figure out how to make this right and what better way than the place where it all started.”

She turned to the garden before facing the others again. “Go ahead!”

Once Kion placed his paw on Twilight’s head, both Fuli and Spike followed suit by placing their paw and hand on top of them so they can see what had happened back then.


After the expected flash had occurred, the four find themselves looking on at the court yard where back then it was daylight. There they saw Moon Dancer, preparing the snacks and punch bowls for the party. Back then her hair was much cleaner and neater similar to Twilight’s nowadays while still sporting her glasses, but also without her turtle neck sweater. Also she looked so much happier as she got the preparations all put together, all without burying her face into a book.

Seeing this had Fuli feel more of the striking similarities of herself in them, to her it was like she was once more seeing a time where her heart was in a brighter place. A time when she was genuinely much happier. And Moon Dancer was equally happy when Minuette, Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts all arrived.

“Hey, Moon Dancer!" Minuette was the first to happily greet her. "Look at this spread, huh?"

"Thank you so much for coming!" She happily returned on par with Minuette.

"Of course. We wouldn't miss one of our best friends' parties." Twinkleshine happily added as she and the others placed the gifts onto the table.

"Is Twilight coming?" Moon Dancer asking hopeful and excited at the thought already. She’s been really hoping that this would be the day she would return the favor she did for her in kind. The day she hopes to make great friends with the whole crew here together.

The three unicorns didn't reply. They couldn’t find it in themselves to say “no.” and hurt her feelings and break her heart. But the silent response was enough to confirm to her that Twilight.

"Oh. Okay."

"Hey, we'll still have fun, right?"

"Sure…" The now disheartened unicorn stared to walk away from the scene all while catching a glimpse of said unicorn she invited already on her way on a chariot to Ponyville.

“I can’t believe this…” Moon Dancer said to herself as she started to cry. “…she didn’t show up. And I didn’t even get to say goodbye. After what I did for her!”


The flashback scene ended as Twilight could only look on feeling ashamed of herself upon seeing just how hurt Moon Dancer was, especially after the fact she really was counting on her to show up.

“So that was it!” Twilight quietly said to herself in realization.

“What was it?” Kion asked as Twilight looks on at the moon above them.

“Magic Kindergarten. After the last day before moving on to the first grade she gave me the benefit of the doubt and helped me recover from the traumatic experience. She was the first pony who comforted me after the humiliation and cruelty I suffered on the first worst day of my life. Ever since then, I haven’t found a way to return the favor to her as thanks for pulling my head out of my first lowest point in life. That party was just the thing to do the job, and I wasn’t there for it. I could have been there for her, but I didn’t."

At that moment Celestia who just happened to be flying back spotted and overheard their conversation before deciding to fly in on it correctly sensing that she is truly in doubt given that she is now the Princess of the Friendship who’s supposed to teach every pony a thing or two about friendship.

“Wasn’t there for who, Twilight?”

“Princess Celestia!” Twilight stammered in stuttered shock upon seeing her unexpectedly. “Well, that depends.”

“On what?”

“How long you’ve around and how much you heard.”

“Long enough to hear every word you said. And I assure you I understand what you’re going through.”

“How so?”

“Because the relationship with my sister Luna is just the same.” She recalled the day after the ceremony commemorating her return along with the formation of the Lion and Pony Guard. “Back when you and the others managed to take down her Nightmare Moon form she spent up until the Elephants concert recuperating from her defeat as she felt too ashamed of herself to even face anyone outside of the castle. She spent all of the time cooped up in the castle until I encouraged Ma Tembo and the herd to have her concert honor my sister too just when she was regaining the magic she lost during her recovery.” Through the time Celestia watched as the magic sparkle in Luna’s mane and tail grew stronger to it’s current standing all while feeding and nursing her back to health in her bed through the following weeks up until the Grand Galloping Gala. “It wasn’t only until the events of Nightmare Night did I come to see the insensitive side of the holiday which I will have to make sure things are properly adjusted for the next time that happens.”

“Right, of course. I told you.”

“Yes. But it was actually a good thing you there for her because not only would Nightmare Night would have been canceled but it also allowed her to see the joys the holiday brings along with most importantly her faith in friendship with the ponies in Ponyville.”

“Really?”

“Yes. Reminds me, of a filly I knew when something similar and unfortunate happened to her.”

Twilight looked on and up wordlessly knows that she is referring to Twilight just after the magic kindergarten incident. Upon getting the idea and seeing that there is more to be seen for the truth in her words to be believed everyone all place hands on Twilight’s forehead again after Kion placed his on Twilight’s.


When the flash of blinding light cleared up, they find themselves appearing inside the school where Twilight and the other unicorns attended. When they were looking around the place, they spotted what they were looking for, and it was a familiar and saddening sight. Twilight Sparkle as a young filly with a downcast expression like she every ounce of happiness drained out of her making her way to her first day of the first grade.

Deep down she was never really excited about coming here after how her last day of school before summer break turned out and for a good reason. But she still found herself pressing forward courtesy of her family’s encouragement. Given that she is still depressed and sullen over the traumatic event, she has been escorted and accompanied by her brother and her foal-sitter.

They both insisted that she still press forward only managing to get her to go by appealing to her love to magic but given the concerns looks they gave each other along to Twilight it was pretty clear that Fanco’s betrayal really hurt her. Deep down she is afraid she might get hurt again whether it’s another bully or someone trying to one up her.

“Doing okay, Twily?” Her older brother asked.

“Yeah, I guess.” She replied still not paying attention to him.

“Uh…” Shining rubbed the back of his neck as he struggled to try to say something that’ll actually help her look forward to school going forward. “…while I have to go to cadet training later today, Cadance however will be around to chaperone you all around until you are feeling better. Doesn’t it sound nice that Celestia’s got some of the royal guards to watch over in case something goes wrong?”

“Yes.” Even still it failed to cheer up her along with feeling that other students will use this as further ammunition against her just because she’s the princesses protégé.

“Oh boy…” Shining muttered so that only Cadance can hear it.

“Maybe we shouldn’t have tried to bring her here.” Cadance whispered feeling they may have forced it upon her.

“I know. But we really couldn’t let her continue letting her grieve and feel isolated from the world and in her room. The princess would have wanted her to be able to move on.”

“But there is a thing called pushing things along too soon and that’s exactly what we’re doing. Heartbreak like this takes much longer than broken friendship.”

Shining Armor upon sharing a knowing and heartfelt look knows full well that she is right too, but really wishes he can do more other than their usual brother and sister bonding to get her to come out of her room more. Even brother love hasn’t done enough to snap her out of her funk.

“Okay. We’ll give it one day and if it doesn’t work out we’ll settle for her having private lessons with the princess.”

“Sounds good to me.”

“That I can live with.” Twilight spoke in agreement with one of her ears perked up along with startling the two teen ponies. “And yes, I heard.” Just then the school bell is heard just as they are approaching the school doors with Twilight moving on ahead with the sole purpose of just getting through the day all without having anything to do with friendship at all. “Well, let’s get this over with.”

With nothing else to say, Shining moved to head on over so he can attend his training with the Royal Guard but not without giving the mare a kiss on the cheek. “Let me know how it goes.”

“Of course, Shining Armor. Have a good day with the other cadets.”

“Thank you.”

With that said and done the two ponies went their separate ways for the rest of the day with the pink pony following after Twilight.


Classes went on as usual with fillies all getting along swimmingly by happily chatting with one another. All expect for Twilight who settled for sitting in the back of the class being nothing but quiet and listening to her teachers with Celestia included much to the latter’s concern. It even continued through lunch, where the lavender coated filly preferred to sit by herself.

“How is she?” Celestia asked her niece who passed her at the head table.

Cadance sighed as she truthfully replied. “Not too good. She’s been doing her assignments but that was it. Not a word all day. Not even in your class.”

“I know.” She sighed sadly as she looks on at her miserable student’s direction who moved to eat the quesadilla on her tray without disgust or fear. “And with the way things are going she’s never going to want to set foot in this school after today.”

“I just wish there was some way we can help her emotionally recover from this without feeling she’s forced into it.”

Celestia tapped her chin as she tried to think of a way to help Twilight take the first steps to recovering from her depression. She looked around the room of chattering fillies more spotting a group of ponies she recognized from earlier.

And that’s where she got an idea. “I think I might know the group up for the task.” She said with a confident smile.

The next class after lunch she is teaching with the sun monarch herself had a new and special assignment for her students all while Cadance sat in the corner to observe from afar and right behind Twilight.

“Okay, students. Today we are going to conduct a class experiment together as we work our wonders in growing plants together.” She said with a happy and encouraging smile. The students all expect for Twilight looked on very excited about the assignment as they all chattered happily about the idea. “For this project we’re going to do this in group pairs of two, so decide amongst yourselves who you want to pair with.”

Many students wasted no time in grouping up, and many fillies have decided who they wanted to pair up with all but one decided. One that hasn’t is because said group is short one pony. No guesses, who that pony is as said pony didn’t move from her seat at all with Moon Dancer sitting at a lone table.

“Twilight…”

“Do I have to?” She replied without a change in movement and expression.

That’s where Cadance stepped in. “Please Twilight, this group needs another pony. A pony who can really know how to calculate and measure to make sure the chemicals needed for this experiment are accurate, calculated, and well-measured. Not to mention it’s a graded project where student of the day gets to learn an advanced spell of magic.”

Twilight’s ears perked up even when she didn’t smile. “Okay.” She moved to join Moon Dancer with their table sitting beside the tables where Minuette and Lemon Hearts, along with Twinkleshine and another pony.

“Okay...” Celestia said now pleased that even Twilight is at least cooperating here. “Now…once we get our safety goggles we are going to create this one of a kind plant using these chemicals.” She points to the written down elements on the chalkboard which detail the step by step instructions. “It is important to make sure you follow the instructions precisely in order to get the best results so be careful everypony and you may begin.”

The groups all got to work on their experiments immediately, with some fillies who don’t quite understand how to properly mix up the chemicals correctly eyeing them with uncertainty and unsure expressions. Clearly this is advanced compounds and materials they are working with. So naturally, a handful of kids were hesitant to want to mix the chemicals off of fear of blowing the school rooftop off.

“So…Twilight…” Young Minuette spoke up trying to get Twilight involved in this experiment hoping that she could clue them in on how to conduct this experiment. “…any idea of how these work?”

“Hmm…” Twilight thought as she examined the chemicals along with Moon Dancer. Judging from how she handled the many colors given to work with, it was no brainer for her to figure out what should be mixed together, all without another word. In a few seconds, the plant she grew was a nice beautiful pink rose all while the watching ponies all looked on amazed at what she just created.

“Wow!”

“Pretty!”

“So beautiful!”

“Remarkable!”

The four standing beside her complimented.

The other students so impressed that they are all eagerly seeking to learn how to do that too with the sole exception of Moon Dancer who had respect for the pony’s personal space.

“How do you do it?!”

“Can you teach me how do you it?!”

“What chemicals do I mix?!”

“Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!” Twilight insisted as she used her magic to mix up a concoction ready to use if they start swarming all over her. “Don’t even think about it!”

Moon Dancer quickly stepped up in her defense. “Trust me! You don’t want to do that! If she can send a group of bullies flying away, that I’m sure she can disappear or explode something in an instant.”

“Sorry!” The kids quickly realized and recalled the last day of school incident and quickly backed off with a mix of fear and regret for overstepping their bounds.

“Please?” Lemon Hearts asked with buttoned up eyes along with the other two ponies.

“Maybe...if you try one at a time along with not trying any tricks on me, I might consider it.” She spoke rather reluctant yet willing to help.

“I won’t.” Moon Dancer was the first to promise her with Minuette, Twinkleshine, and Lemon Hearts all.

“So will I, Twilight.”

“Me too!”

“Me three!”

Seeing this Celestia winked at Cadance who sent sparks of magic towards her heart to give Twilight the firm push she needs to open her heart up to them.

“Hmm…” She thought before smiling and levitating the equipment so she can show them first of how it works. “…if you all watch and learn, then yes.”

As she slowly shows them the chemicals and teaches them about how to combine them, one pony decided to play with the chemicals instead of watching her.

“So Twilight, what happens when I mix these together…”

Upon taking notice of it, Twilight eyes suddenly widen in alarm. “No, don’t!”

But it was too late, before anything else, the school rooftop suddenly exploded with the entire classroom being covered in sooth and ashes with smoke floating up to the sky.

Fortunately, Princess Celestia was able to quickly undo the mess in one instant flash of magic, and just like that everything and everyone aside from the exploded beaker (which somehow landed on Lemon Heart’s head) was instantly repaired. And when that happened everyone all shared a good laugh about it.


After the flashback scene ended, Twilight would end up smiling as she remembered what Moon Dancer did that really uplifted her spirit that day. Even though it wasn’t until the formation of the Lion and Pony Guard that she finally got warmed back up to friendship once more, it was definitely the day she needed to get out of the depressed state she was in for the past three months.

“While it’s true your story didn’t not have a happy beginning, but that does not make you who you are. It is the rest of your story who you choose to be and I know for certainty that it is the pony who became the Princess of Friendship.”

Fuli really could relate to both ponies right now while the best Kion could do was place a comforting paw on her shoulder on both her and Twilight.

"For what’s it’s worth, you’re doing your best to make things right.” Kion further assured. “And that’s what really matters.”

“Really?”

“Absolutely! If I can forgive you when you were at your worst, I think Moon Dancer can do the same.”

“That is true.” She thought. Back when she was at her worst and about to commit an unforgivable sin, he put his paw forward to forgive and apologize to her at one of her darkest hours. She then smiled once again readopting that newfound determination to continue trying to make things right. “I know what I need to do. And I know just who can help me."

Celestia watching on nods in approval glad they had this conversation together.


The following morning, Minuette knocked on the door of Twilight's old tower, where Fuli and Bunga opened the door.

“Hey Minuette! What's up?" Bunga greeted.

“I just wanted to see if Twilight’s still around. I hope she didn’t already go back to Ponyville again too soon.

Fuli smiled as she assured otherwise as they walked down the stairs together. “Oh, I wouldn’t get your hopes up on that.”

Minuette was now confused of what she meant by that. “Why?”

“Well…” She said as she stepped to the side when they heard a familiar voice coming from up above.

"Wheeeeeeeee!"

Twilight was flying at top speed, carrying Pinkie Pie on her back, who was sitting backwards, while Spike hung onto her tail. Everyone went rushed outside where they would greet both the arriving alicorn and passengers just when Kion flew up to them.

With a flick of her tail, she threw Spike to Kion before moving to go in for a circular landing onto the courtyard since Pinkie thought it would be a good idea to try to steer her like an airplane. Sure she can fly with passengers on her back, but with Pinkie trying to steer her wings, that kind of makes it difficult. But thankfully, she able was steer clear of a crash landing but not without digging her hooks into the ground to the point she made a burrow into the ground.

All four legs were all buried as they all came to a complete stop. Just as she climbed up, Pinkie happily sprung up onto the ground and off of Twilight’s back just when the others regrouped with them at the courtyard.

"That was awesome!" Pinkie's tail began spinning around like a propeller which lifted her up to fly for a bit. "We gotta go flying more often, Twilight!"

"There you are!" Minuette laughed and greeted in excitement. "I thought you threw in the old towel and headed home!"

"I did head home. But not to throw in the towel. I went to get my secret weapon." She began introducing both ponies to each other. "Minuette, meet—"

"Hey! Pinkie Pie!"

"Hi, Minuette!" The two ponies happily hugged each other, catching Twilight off guard once more. "Twilight, you didn't say Minuette would be here!"

"You two know each other?"

"Oh, sure! She was one of Cadance's bridesmaids! We hang out all the time when she's in Ponyville! Didn't you know that? Ha! And you call yourself the Princess of Friendship!"

“Well she does now.” Fuli reminded in her defense before muttering to Twilight. “Am I the only one who finds it weird that only Pinkie and Bunga know her and we don’t?”

Twilght shook her head. “Nope.”

Pinkie turned her attention back to Minuette, now dawning her serious game face. "Twilight briefed me on the way here. We'll need fifteen bags of confetti and as many hooves as we can get."

Minuette happily galloped ahead. "Let's go! We can pass by the donut place on the way!"

"And what are we gonna do?" Spike asked Twilight who had her faith placed in the party pony to trust to know what she is doing before leading them away to carry out their part of the plan.

"Just come with me. This alicorn's in the zone!"


Moon Dancer was just leaving the library when she saw the most out of ordinary thing she could ever come across. A book. Just laying there on the ground. Right in front of her. She leaned in to get a look at the title which intrigued her interest.

"Ooh! A Brief History of the Wagon Harness!" Naturally to her she picked it up to read when she gets home, right before finding another book on the ground. "The Life and Times of Morari the Maneless?"

As if it hasn’t gotten any better she found that there is a whole trail of books laying on the ground right in front of her, all formed into a path for her to follow. She immediately and correctly suspected Twilight to behind this. She would want to leave…if it weren’t for these books all just sitting there tempting her to read them. So she takes up the bait and starts picking up each and every book to start following the trail she is expected to go.

By the time she picked up every book on the trail she now had two large stacks of books on her back all carried and leveled sturdy with her magic. But she gasped and dropped them when saw something that really startled her.

It was literally a blast from the past with what she saw in the courtyard she just arrived at. Something very familiar, only with more streamers, decorations and even more assortments of treats. Her old friends, and Twilight's new ones were there as well along with Twilight herself, all wearing party hats.

"What is this?"

"It's a party. For you." Twilight happily said as she and the others gathered around Moon Dancer. Spike pushed over a wagon with a large cake on it, from which Pinkie Pie jumped out off, starling the unicorn.

"Surprise!"

The pink pony placed both a party hat and party whistle onto Moon Dancer, who’s surprise still didn’t register a smile.

"Come on in!" Twilight encouraged of her to join in the fun, but Moon Dancer only spit the whistle out of her mouth and used her magic to crumple the paper party hat in response.

"Thanks but no thanks. I don't do parties." She tried to leave only to be stopped when Twilight teleported herself in front of her.

"I know. And it's my fault. Back when we were in school together, you invited me to a party. I was so focused on my studies that I didn't show up."

"Big deal!" The unicorn still remained unconvinced as evident when she rolled her eyes.

"It was a big deal. When you started spending time with the other ponies I felt left out. I didn't think we shared the same interests anymore. I was to proud back then to admit I how wrong I was. And now that I realize how important friendship is, I'd like to make up for my mistake with a new party. A party in honor of my friend Moon Dancer!" She levitated a wooden bat for Moon Dancer to hit the piñata with.

"Please, you've got to let me make this up to you."

Moon Dancer rolled her eyes again before levitating the bat, aiming to hit the piñata, imaging it as Twilight’s head.

"And you think this is gonna do it, huh?"

"Uh, I'm hoping?"

"Well, sure, why wouldn't it? That was only the first time I put myself out there, and then you didn't even bother to show up!" She moved to levitate and wave the bat at Twilight like she is going to hit her with it. "Then you left town without saying goodbye even though we were supposed to be friends! Friends that helped each other when during a very tough situation."

"I know, and I should have told you. I realize that now and--"

"Now?! It took you all this time to figure it out?! When I found out you went to Ponyville to make new friends I was humiliated! I felt like I wasn't important! I never wanted to let myself be hurt like that again! And then, you become "princess of friendship". You! A pony who avoided friendships like a plague! I was the one who tried to make friends, not you! I was the one who wanted to open up, not you! And now, you get all the glory, all the attention, and you never once cared about me again! Nor did you once return the favor that you owe me!" She pointed her bat towards Minuette, Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts. "Those three finally convinced me that I had value! That other ponies might like me and want to be my friend! And you! Didn't! Show! Up!"

Moon Dancer threw the bat aside and broke down in tears all while covering her face with her hooves. She had just unloaded her true feelings, it really got to Twilight who came to see how much she’s been seeing how one-sided she’s been in regards to their friendship up to this point.

Pinkie Pie whispered into Spike's ear and the little dragon quickly hurried off to do his job. Twilight moved to place her hoof over Moon Dancer's shoulder, while she continued to cry on the grass.

"You're right. This party can't make up for the way I hurt you and I can't change anything that happened. But please, don't let my mistake be the reason you can't be friends with anypony else."

Moon Dancer stood up just as Minuette, Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts walked up to her looking on very supportive of her.

"We were your friends then…” Minuette said. “…and we'd be honored to be your friends now."

Hearing that had Moon Dancer have a heartfelt realization. A realization that she had ponies who did truly look out for her. They always have even she didn’t fully embrace friendship. As she wiped the tears away she saw Kion smiling and gesturing to three more ponies who have all just arrived to the party. All of them were unicorns that she recognized. An elderly one, a young one, and someone that looked roughly about her age but older.

"What? That's the librarian! The bookseller! My sister!"

"You've got a lot of friends, Moon Dancer." Kion positively commented.

Moon Dancer now cried tears of joy. She turned her head towards Twilight, who was not yet done with her apology.

"I'm sorry, Moon Dancer. I of all ponies should understand what it feels like to be hurt by someone you care about along by someone I trusted." She proved her own point by pointing to the scar on her left eye. "I got this while trying to protect my friends and family, but I wound up getting hurt because of it. After that I never wanted to embrace friendship again to the point I was willing to betray them as payback even siding with someone you least expect to trust ever. Only then I realized I went too far to get it and ended up helping the wrong guy to be put in power. Just when it seemed I nearly lost myself, my best friend Kion was there to help snap out of it. He got through to me, nobody could ever imagine anyone else would in his paws. In fact, I probably wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for him. Now, this scar is no longer a reminder of my crimes, but a reminder of how I became a stronger pony, the one you are seeing here today, all thanks to the now Prince of Friendship. I've faced magical creatures, the end of Equestria, all sorts of things. But seeing how my actions affected you, that was one of the worst feelings I've ever had. And just as my friend did for me, I didn't give up on you."

At that moment Moon Dancer’s heart grew three sizes that day, she now felt very regretful and remorseful for the harsh attitude she gave her after she tried her hardest to make amends with her. As of now she decided she is finally ready to do the same with her as she cried more tears of joy.

"Thank you, Twilight. I never realized how much I needed to hear that."

"I may not have been a real friend to you in the past, but I'm hoping you can give me the chance to be one now."

Moon Dancer nodded her head as Twilight extended her hoof before wrapping her in for a hug, something that she has never embraced it for years. All while her friends looked on with pride and smiles.

Fuli herself looked on like she could give tears of joy herself, before shaking her mind against it and suppressed the urge to do so. Bunga on the other hand, was streaming gushers much like Pinkie did when Celestia and Luna reunited after a thousand years.

“Oh how sweet! Oh I just love tearful reunions!”

“Ugh.” Fuli stepped to the side while briefly frowning in his direction before readopting her proud smile towards the two girls for making up.

Once the hug ended, Moon Dancer was as happy as could be for the first time in years. "Now come on, everypony! Let's party! Right?"

"Right!" Pinkie Pie agreed.

“Let’s do it!” Bunga also agreed.

“But first…” Fuli moved to pull out a comb while pulling off her sweater. “…let’s get you ready to do it in style!”

“But my sweater…” Moon Dancer reached out to it in vain while being held by the cheetah who groomed her mane to the way it was before she allowed to be become unkempt. But it vanished, when Kion levitated her a bright red sweater that had some stripes similar to the one on her mane and tail along with a new pair of black glasses. “…Oh!” She was already liking it even better that her old one.

“Yeah I know.” Fuli acknowledged she is not one for fashion and if Rarity were here she would be proud. “But I’d feel better to make starting anew with a bright future in friendship as easy for you as possible.”.

“Fair enough.” She looked at herself in a mirror and came to agree that she looks better already. Already it is all more fitting for her new outlook in life.

Moon Dancer's party went on all day and all through the night. The guests had fun, dancing, playing pin the tail on the Celestia, in addition Moon Dancer received new books from the librarian and the book seller. It was everything Moon Dancer could ever be gifted with.


As the hours passed, ponies gradually left the party to go home, all while bidding Moon Dancer the best of luck to her growing friendship before doing so, the friends started removing the decorations and Twilight approached her new friend.

"I think it's time for us to go, Moon Dancer."

"Thank you for helping me make some new friends. Even if they are my old friends."

“You’re very welcome. We can call it even now and we'll come back and visit soon." Twilight said with an assuring smile.

Moon Dancer smiled in return. "That would be great! But considering you've still gotta teach me that Hayscartes technique, we’re quite even yet!"

"Fair enough. And deal."

"And it was great to meet you too, Kion, Fuli, and Bunga."

“Pleasure’s all our’s.” Kion replied with a nod.

“Happy to do the same.” Fuli said in agreement.

"Just give us a message and we’ll see if we can make it an un-Bunga-lievable day as today!”

Moon Dance giggled. “And I’ll try to be very understanding if something comes up.”

"Of course. No biggie."

Spike approached the unicorn while hiding something behind his back. "Um, Moon Dancer? It got kinda banged up, but here's a little something I wanted to give you back at your first party."

Moon Dancer levitated the gift and cried even more tears of joy when she saw what it was, a portrait of her and all of her friends, including the book-loving Twilight Sparkle. This may have been how she used to be but, much like her scar, it will be a reminder of how much she has changed since then and what she did in order to restore her faith in friendship just like her.

Tonight was definitely a night Moon Dancer will cherish for years to come as she comes out a better pony out of it.

After parting ways with Moon Dancer, Kion noticed that Fuli wasn’t feeling very happy herself, like the party itself really got to her.

“Fuli? You okay?” Kion asked with concern.

Fuli snapped her attention back to him. "Yeah. I was just thinking is all, no need to worry about.”

“You sure it’s nothing about today?” Kion asked feeling certain that she is not being completely honest here.

“No.” She honestly replied. “It is. Nothing personal, it’s just…sure I’ve been very helpful with Twilight and Moon Dancer, but at the same time, I just can’t help but shake off of how similar I was to them. From the past friendship to fallout, to never seeing each other again until years later.”

Upon seeing the conversation herself Twilight chimed, “…like you with your former friends?”

“Yes.”

“I understand.” Twilight said sympathetically to her plight as she placed a hoof on her shoulder. “You hadn’t see any of them since them, and now you’re not sure if you ever want to talk to them again.” Fuli remained silent in response. “Well if and when that day happens and if you need someone to talk to, I’m here for you, and so is Kion.”

“Just like we were there for you, Twilight.”

“Yeah!” Bunga cheerfully agreed. “In fact if you’re lucky you might be coming across whoever these cheetahs you once knew the very next day!”

“Bunga?” Spike said while Kion along with Twilight raised their eyebrows at him in response. Repairing one tense friendship over the last three days was enough for one week.

“What? I said lucky!” Bunga defended. “I mean come on! What are the odds of that happening?”

“Fuli?!” Two familiar voices just happened to speak to her at that very moment.

“What?!” Fuli’s eyes widen in shock when she recognized who those voices came from. And true to her immediate assumption it was the very two faces she’d never thought she would ever see again.

“Sassy?! Sally?!”

“Fuli!” The two girls quickly smiled as they quickly charged at the startled cheetah who was left in a state of shock and confusion at what was happening now...

Author's Note:

In Part One of this episode, we of course got Twilight's side on having to amend her friendship with her Canterlot friends, more specifically, Moon Dancer who is carrying a pretty hard grudge towards her for what she did just before the whole Lion and Pony Guard came together.

In addition to what canon had to offer, there are some more flashback scenes to further showcase of how much said friend meant to her back then along with another flashback on a certain cheetah who is seeing eye to eye in the whole situation.

In the end all works out on Twilight's side of the fence and at the same time Fuli is seeing things eye to eye like they hit home to her which surprisingly comes right to her in the very end which will all be focused in Part Two along with another pair that really needs to amend their relationship too so look out for that when it comes out so stay tuned...

PreviousChapters Next