• Published 4th Feb 2023
  • 1,597 Views, 155 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 5) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion and Pony Guard face new friendship lessons and challenges as they continue to expand it across Equestria and the Pride Lands

  • ...
1
 155
 1,597

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 10: The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone

Episode 10:

The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone

"La, la-la, la-la! La, la-la, la-la, la la-la la-la!" Pinkie happily said to herself as she as always during her spare time at Sugarcube Corner is making new treats for the shop. Even while batter was splattering around her and Gummy, all because of her quick stirring.

"This is gonna be so great, Gummy! We have absolutely nothing to do today except bake! I've been waiting for just the right time to finally try Granny Pie's super-special triple-chocolate, fifteen-layer marjolaine recipe! It's gonna be amazing!"

Gummy simply licked the batter off of his face, his expression still blank as always, while Pinkie went over the ingredients in separate bowls on the counter.

"Let's see. Nutty meringue, chocolate ganache, praline and nuts, cocoa-flavored buttercream…" But while Pinkie prepared the ingredients, she was completely oblivious to her cutie mark glowing.

"An hour per layer – that's fifteen hours of pure baking bliss!" She opened the oven and took out a tray of the first layer and placed it on the table. "Okay, Gummy, I think we're ready to start prepping the second layer!"

The door then knocked and a certain honey badger walked in with supplies, all while smiling like a happy fun and easy-going friend as always. “Hey, Pinkie. I got all those goodies you need for our super-duper-triple-chocolate cake!”

“Great!” Pinkie smiled widely knowing that their taste buds are going to be in for the ride of their lives. “Just set them on the table and help get baking!”

Already Bunga was getting to work in helping put together the best cake they have ever made. “Mmm-mmm. This is going to be Un-Bunga-veilably great!”

Just then they noticed something blinking that stopped them in their tracks.

“Huh?”

“What?”

They then looked down and saw that their cutie marks and Marks of the Guard are both glowing. Just like back when they first discovered the Cutie Map.

“Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!”

“Oh, my gosh! My cutie mark! You know what this means?!"

“Me too! Someone needs our help!”

They quickly removed their chef outfits and rushed on over to the door, but Pinkie them remembered as she addressed to her pet. "Uh, Gummy? Could you take over for a bit? Hopefully this'll be quick." She dusted the measuring cup beside him, "I'll just measure the baking powder for you...and when the first layer cools, you can drizzle some of the ganache over it." using her bang, she gave him the egg beater, " And don't forget to beat the egg whites for the meringue!"

“Come on, Pinkie! Let’s go! Time’s a wasting!” Bunga’s voice called from outside.

“Coming!” Pinkie called after him before turning to place the egg beater into Gummy's mouth. "I know you can do this, Gummy! You're the best alligator baker I've ever met!" She kissed his nose before skipping out the door, all while leaving Gummy alone…blinking.

This should work out wonders, or more accurately it's like nothing had ever happened while they're gone….


Inside the large Crystal Castle, in the main throne room where the Cutie Map lies, the map on the table shimmered with Pinkie Pie, Bunga, Rainbow Dash, and Kyoga's cutie marks spinning around a specific area. Twilight's eyes sparkled with glee upon seeing where they hovered over.

"This is so exciting. The map is summoning you to Griffonstone, the very heart of the griffon kingdom!"

Inside the palace, Pinkie Pie, Bunga and Rainbow Dash were there. Ono flew inside with a book in tow and placed it on the table. He like Twilight was looking fascinated with they have put on the table.

"I don't know if any of you have read "Bygone Griffons of Greatness", but griffons were known to be—"

"Rude, insensitive bullies?" Rainbow finished while sitting back on her throne, looking on very disinterested and disdainful at the idea of visiting the place.

"You mean Gilda?" Twilight asked, remembering her former flying friend’s last visit here in Ponyville.

“Yeah I mean Gilda!” Rainbow irritably replied. “When she came to Ponyville, she was a total jerk to all my friends, especially Pinkie Pie!"

"She was a bit of a party popper." Pinkie remarked in agreement, while laying on her throne upside down.

“And she did roar at me and sent me flying into someone’s dessert.” Ono recalled unable to deny it actually happened.

Rainbow Dash nodded her head in agreement. "Mm-hmm."

Twilight moved to try to get her to be more upbeat and positive about it. "Okay so, Gilda was kinda rude."

"Kinda?!" She incredulously asked back like she is kidding around.

Twilight decided to backpedal a little. "Okay, rude reincarnated.” She then smiled once more for them. “You still get to go to Griffonstone, and according to this book, it has a rich, fascinating history!" Using her magic, she opened the book and read out loud as the others looked on at the stunning images it produced.

"In ancient times, griffons were known to be as greedy as dragons, always hoarding their bits and other treasures. But all that changed when King Grover found the mysterious golden Idol of Boreas. Legend says the Idol of Boreas was made from the dust of golden sunsets, blown across the mountains by the north winds. Possessing the Idol of Boreas filled the griffons' hearts with pride. It's said that that one great treasure is responsible for turning Griffonstone into the most majestic kingdom of all the land."

Rainbow Dash rudely slammed the book in response. "And why do you care so much about griffons anyway?"

"It was actually Gilda's visit that made me curious." Twilight answered. "So I picked up "Bygone Griffons of Greatness", and I've been hooked ever since!"

Ono flew over while looking on at the images. “Me too, even with all things considered.” Rainbow simply raised a single eyebrow in his direction in response. “What? It’s true, even dealing with one bad egg doesn’t mean something or somebody is not worth pursuing. In this case, one mean griffon compared to a whole population doesn’t mean it might not be fun.”

Twilight sighed dreamily as she looked on at the floating cutie marks around the city. "And now... Now you four get to see Griffonstone with your very own eyes." Her previous smile faded into sadden disappointment.

“So just me, Rainbow Dash, Bunga, and who else?” Pinkie asked as she took a second look at the fourth cutie mark accompanying them.

“Me.” The lioness herself answered as she arrived inside the throne room. “Hey…” She greeted after taking some light breathes. “…sorry I’m late but I had to make sure everything was all good in Diamond Valley before leaving for the day."

“It’s all right.” Twilight smiled to assure her it’s no big deal. “You arrived just in time to know all that there is too it. A simple friendship mission all the way out to Griffonstone.”

“Nice.” Kyoga nodded as she looked at the sight of the map as he spotted her, Pinkie, Bunga, and Rainbow Dash’s cutie marks circling around their destination. “And I see I get to bring some friends along the way.”

“That’s right!” Bunga cheered already excited on par with Pinkie’s enthusiasm.

“Wee!” Pinkie squeed as she hugged both Bunga and Kyoga. “We are so going to have so much fun together!”

Upon seeing that both Twilight and Ono were looking a little downcast, Rainbow moved to offer. "Hey, either of you can totally take my place if you want." Rainbow said before yawning and moving to go back to sleep, "I still have half a nap to finish."

"Why don't you just come with us?" Pinkie asked the two smart ones of the bunch.

“We wish we could. But, we got stay and keep watch of the Pride Lands in case somebody decides to threat the balance of the Circle of Life. Again.” Ono rolled his eyes on the last part while Twilight looked aside still downcast. “Not to mention one of us being around in case Applejack hurts herself. Again.”

Deep down Twilight really wanted to come see the kingdom and take them up on their offer and so did Ono. But if there’s a reason that the map’s only calling a certain specific group it has to be that way.

"Yeah. Besides, if the map wanted me and Ono to go to the coolest kingdom in all of Equestria and tour the palace and see the actual idol that unites an entire species, which would be super amazing, I'm sure it would've said so." She never the less moved to be mature about it. “Plus I’m sure you four can handle whatever the issue is just fine by yourselves. If anyone can solve a friendship problem together, it’s you four whether it’s together or alone."

“That’s true. We do.” Kyoga nodded once more before giving a soft look to both Twilight and Ono to assure them that the map will call them in due time.

Pinkie Pie could barely reign in her excitement anymore. "Well then, come on Bunga, Kyoga, Dashie! We're going to Griffonstone!"

Rainbow Dash sighed bitterly as she relented, "Fine…"

"That's the spirit!" Pinkie blew on a party horn thus irritating the Pegasus even more before dragging her away and outside with the others following after them.

“Good luck.”

“Have fun.”

Both Twilight and Ono called after them as they left.

“Thanks.” Kyoga returned as she is the last to follow after the group.

Once they left Kion had just arrived after witnessing the four leave. “I take it they got the message?”

“Yep.” Both Twilight and Ono replied in unison similar to Big Mac.

From a simple look, Kion could tell from their stoic reply that they really wanted to go with them but because the map called the departing friends instead, they couldn’t. “Okay well anyways…” He none of the less smiled with the hopes of cheering them with some adventure in the Pride Lands they might encounter. “You two ready for our morning patrol?”

“Yep.” They both replied in the same tone and in unison again before being quick to fly out of the castle ready to regroup with the others all waiting outside.

Deep down, Kion would have loved to go on another journey himself, but of course who would be watching over the Pride Lands and Ponyville in his absence and without his leadership alongside Twilight’s. But regardless, he still moved to regroup with the others outside before they all headed out towards the portal to the Pride Lands ready for another day in ensuring and keeping peace in both kingdoms.


Meanwhile, the four friends heading to Griffonstone took a train ride to the kingdom. Kyoga sat beside the window, reading a guidebook the princess and the Guard’s Keenest of Sight had given her, Bunga, and the other two ponies.

"Once in Griffonstone proper, we go immediately to the palace and introduce ourselves to the king. "Bygone Griffons of Greatness" was written a long time ago, and it ends with the coronation of the fourteenth king of the griffons, King Guto. There's no mention on who's in charge now." She then noticed that Rainbow Dash was resting her body on the seat opposite from her. “You’re getting this, Rainbow Dash?”

“Yeah, yeah.” She replied rather uninterested.

"Keep in mind it’s not what Twilight wants from us but something we need to consider if we want to solve whatever is expected of us." She sternly reminded.

"Whatcha reading, Kyoga?" Pinkie asked once the cater pony came in, pushing a cart of snacks for her to purchase while Bunga licked his lips ready to sink his teeth into those tasty treats.

Rainbow sighed in response. "Twilight literally wrote a book on what we need to do in Griffonstone."

"You mean like a guide on how to figure out what problem we're supposed to fix?" Pinkie Pie asked while she started taking every treat the catering cart has to offer.

"And then some. It's like Twilight herself in book form." Rainbow took the book itself from Kyoga and began imitating the alicorn princess. ""Always carry plenty of bits. The griffons are sure to help you as long as you share the wealth"."

Rainbow and Kyoga's eyes then widened when they saw Pinkie Pie give the cater pony a large bag-full of yellow bits before leaving. Pinkie chewed on what she was eating before swallowing it and chuckled nervously once she realized something while Bunga helps himself to half of the desserts she bought. "Uh, can I borrow some bits?"

Kyoga snatched the book away from Rainbow while face-palming herself at what Pinkie just did. “Only if you make a Pinkie Promise that you’ll use it for transport and emergency use only.” She then turned back to Rainbow. “And as for you, I understand that you’re not excited about the idea of seeing Gilda again. And yes, Twilight and Kion told me all about her when she first came to Ponyville. But I really think this trip is worth pursuing. And who knows maybe we might learn something more about them while we’re at it.”

Rainbow still refused to lighten up. “Whatever. Just as along as we don’t see you know who, I don’t care what this is about.”

“You don’t have to see or have anything to do with her if you don’t want to but at least think about the bigger picture in regards to friends that need help.”

Rainbow simply turned her back on her in response. “I’ll keep that in mind. Wake me up when our train arrives.”

Kyoga frowned in her direction, clearly put off by the Pegasus’s rudeness before moving to read the book. “Oh, I’ll make sure of that.” She promised under her breath before hearing someone munching near her ear.

“Want some?” Bunga asked while offering her a cookie to which she reluctantly took just to appease him.

“Sure.” She replied before munching on it as she continued to focus on her reading.


Sometime later, the train had reached their destination. Their stop at a small and old shack that looks like no one has bothered to properly maintain and clean in years. Rainbow adjusted her saddle bag and large luggage while Kyoga took out the book and read the words out loud,

"Upon arriving in Griffon Gorge, be sure to pause and cast your eyes northerly, up the Hyperborean Mountains, taking in the breathtaking beauty of Griffonstone."

She looked up and locked her eyes the tall hill where the majestic griffon kingdom is currently located.

“All right, everyone. Let’s move." She said as she moved to start their upward journey there.

The four walked up the mountain, or in Pinkie Pie's case, hopping up and down along the way. During the journal they were all now wearing rounded hats with a pointed golden top and fur lining around them. The friends scaled up the rocks and cliffs, going higher and higher uphill towards the city. It took a while but they were finally able to reach the arch entrance to the kingdom. The arch was made out of pure gold with red feathers decorating the corners. Upon arriving Kyoga took out the book once more, to read out the instructions from this point forward.

"Okay, now that we’re here, we head straight on over to the king or whoever is in charge now, and let him know we were sent by the Princes and Princes of Friendship, and if none of them can’t help, then we try and find their library." Her eyes perked up when she read another bit. "Oh, and while we’re here, we should try out some of those griffon scones. They're said to be the best."

“Oh…” Bunga said as he read some parts of the book. “…don’t forget the photo op with the statue of King Grover. “Fun bonus fact.” He smiled with glee.

Of course, Rainbow Dash is still uninterested in the slightest.

"Aw, Twilight and Ono should've come along!" Pinkie Pie said, feeling sorry for their friends.

“Along with Kion!” Bunga added in agreement. “Then they could see first-hoof that Griffonstone is…"

Their eyes widened at the sight in front of them, something that they never had expected to see. The proclaimed magical, glorious, amazing and powerful kingdom is actually…

"…a total dump!"

This land was not what they had expected given from the pictures back in Ponyville. Griffonstone had various trees all around, the ground surrounded with hay, making look the kingdom is just one big bird's nest. The golden hay rooftops were torn off, broken, and destroyed beyond repair. There was garbage and debris scattered all around the place. It looked as if a storm had hit the place really hard while destroying everything around them. Furthermore, the griffons didn't seem to mind at all. They just went about their business, not speaking to one another and not caring at all that they are not living in ideal living conditions.

The quartet walked into the kingdom all looking on very dismayed at seeing the kingdom’s current state, furthermore there were griffons having homes on tall unstable trees, moreso than what a normal tree can withstand. In addition, there were griffons that were gambling on the streets, something that both Rainbow and Bunga cringed upon seeing.

“Dang! Looks like a twister hit this place.”

"Ugh. Maybe the map should've called Rarity instead of us."

Pinkie spotted a grown male griffon and tried to speak with him, "Excuse me, sir?" but he simply ignored her. She walked up to him blocking him from his path, "This is Griffonstone, right?"

The griffon simply took Pinkie's face with his claw and shoved her aside before continuing his merry way all without changing his expression.

"Well, that wasn't very nice."

"See? These griffons are exactly like I'd thought they'd be." Rainbow Dash said feeling her point has been made there with that alone.

Kyoga couldn’t say otherwise about that one griffon. From what she’s heard and seen, Gilda sure was nasty to some of her friends, but did that really mean that’s all there is to it.

“Come on…” She gestured the others to continue following her. “Let’s just go find the king and find out why this place is under less than ideal living conditions.”

"We don't have a king, losers."

The quad turned around to see a female griffon standing before them. A very familiar griffon they’ve seen before. Gilda. Rainbow Dash immediately narrowed her eyes at her upon seeing her again.

"Hello, Gilda."

"Dash."

"Pinkie!" The pink pony chimed in cheerfully.

“Bunga!” And so did the honey badger since he couldn’t resist not joining in on the fun.

“And I see you brought an extra friend.” Gilda remarked while pointing her claw at the three-legged lioness. "One that seems to have left one of her legs back home.”

Both Kyoga and Rainbow frowned at the griffon for that rude remark before the latter introduced them.

“Yeah, thanks. And by the way, in case you haven’t seen her before that’s Kyoga. Kyoga, this is Gilda.”

“Hey!”

“Hey!”

They both greeted with rather grumpy and agitated with each other already.

With the small pleasantries out of the way, the hostilities continued between the two former friends.

"What are you doing here?" Rainbow demanded of her.

"Uh, I'm a griffon? What's your excuse, dweebs?"

Pinkie Pie stepped in between them taking offense to that remark. "Hey! These 'dweebs' are here to help Griffonstone!"

"Help it what?"

"Well… we're not really sure! But it involves a map and our cutie marks and a problem, and—"

"Bored now!"

Gild walked right by the pony, hoping they were just visiting briefly but unfortunately for her that’s not the case.

"Well if you don't have a king, could you at least tell us where the Idol of Boreas is?" Kyoga asked.

Gilda turned around, laughing at her. "Ha-ha! Don't tell me you really believe in that thing."

"You'd better believe in it!" An elderly and raspy sounding voice was heard, followed by coughing and wheezing. An old griffon on the window of a beaten down home emerged from his house nearby by falling down from his upper front window. He then moved to open the door on the lower level of his house completely unharmed from the fall. Said griffon wore a red fez and was blind on his left eye, which was a scar on it, and his head had no feathers, in contrast to the rest of his body. "The Idol was the best thing to ever happen to us griffons!"

Gilda rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Oh, great. Now you got Grampa Gruff started!"

Grampa Gruff walked up to the quad of visitors, still wheezing and coughing. "I'll tell you the whole tragic tale...for a couple of bits." he extended his yellow claw to the ponies. Knowing exactly what he is asking for by that gesture, Kyoga dug into her saddlebag and pulled out a few bits, placing them into his palm.

He inspected the bits to make sure they were real before putting them under his hat and leading them away. “Follow me, wiper snappers."

The friends, and Gilda, all followed after him as he led them to the old abandoned palace, which was so destroyed it looked more like a place of ancient history.


"The first griffon king, King Grover, united our kind like we've never been united before or since! And he did it all with that incredible Idol of Boreas." As he explained, Gilda mimicked his actions, but stopped once she saw him looking. Both Pinkie and Bunga giggled upon seeing this and in return got a glare from Kyoga that found themselves having to shut up.

"That idol brought pride to the heart of every griffon that saw it! From one king to the next, Griffonstone had our golden idol. We were the envy of all other species. It held us together – it gave us an identity – right up until the reign of King Guto. That's when Arimaspi came to steal our griffon treasure! King Guto tried to fight him off, but Arimaspi managed to get away with the idol! The guards tried to stop him, but a lightning storm intervened, destroying the stone bridge, making the horrible one-eyed monster fall down, along with our greatest treasure! They say when it fell into the Abysmal Abyss, our pride went with it. King Guto was the last king of Griffonstone, and we all lived miserably ever after. The end!"

By the end both Bunga and Pinkie Pie had started tearing up.

"That was the saddest story ever!"

“So sad!”

The elderly griffon moved in close. "Aw, well...” Then suddenly shouted with no sympathy for the two. “…Tough tailfeathers! No refunds!"

"No wonder Twilight's book ended with the coronation of King Guto." Kyoga commented. "Who would want to record a history that sad?"

"It's not sad!" Gilda retorted. "Do we look sad to you?"

Behind her, Grandpa Gruff struggled to fly and had to result to crawling out the window. Kyoga noticing this was left unsure whether if she should lend a helping paw before replying.

“Well, for starters you all don’t look very happy.”

“So?”

Rainbow Dash walked up to the moldy old stump where the Idol once stood while tapping her chin with the tip of her hoof as she pondered on this. It didn't take her long to realize what it was they needed to do.

"Guys, I think I know why the map sent us here. We need to find the Idol of Boreas and bring glory and pride back to Griffonstone!"

Gilda simply laughed at the idea. "Ha-ha. Here we go – typical pony hero complex. None of us care about that dumb old idol. Don't you get it? We don't care about anything, and that's the way we like it!"

"I think Rainbow Dash is right!" Pinkie suddenly appeared on Gilda's back, who was already airborne and agreeing with her. "The map sent us here to fix some sort of problem!"

"The only problem Griffonstone has is you!"

The female griffon angrily bucked the pink pony off of her back before flying out the window. Kyoga moved to catch Pinkie from falling but both still looked on at Gilda as she flew away. As much as she wanted to berate Gilda for her behavior, at the same time felt sympathy for her given that she too has been there before when she first met the Lion and Pony Guard.

Rainbow Dash crossed her front hooves not about to let all of that deter her. "Well, I don't care what she says. We're gonna find that treasure, make Griffonstone cool again, and get back to Ponyville! Come on!" She was just about to fly off when Pinkie stopped her.

"Wait, Rainbow Dash. What about Twilight's advice?"

"What, taking a bunch of pictures?"

"She mentioned finding answers at the library."

Rainbow scoffed in response. "Like what? Answers on how use friendship to solve this problem or how to properly organize a library?”

“Not exactly…” Bunga said in the pink pony’s defense.

Kyoga however begged to differ on that. “Actually yes…” She then quickly added in the impatient Pegasus’s direction. “…on the first part. Seriously!” She stated to assert she means it. “Because truthfully I don’t think grandfather griffon was being completely honest with us and that the griffons actually stole anything from each other.”

“Then what game plan do you suggest, Team Captain?!” She asked in a rather demanding tone of voice.

“I’m suggesting and insisting that we still check out the library because it might tell us what really happened to the idol and how we can extract whatever useful information we can get out of it.” Rainbow pouted and crossed her arms until she added. “Of course you can always check out Abysmal Abyss and see what happened to the missing idol so you can help get the job done faster.”

Rainbow smiled feeling very pleased to hear this. “Got it!” And in an instant she quickly zipped away to do her fun part.

Bunga turned to Kyoga smiling eagerly and hopefully with a big and wide smile to mentally ask her if he can join Rainbow on this exciting and thrill seeking adventure of a task.

“Go on.” She gestured with her paw. “And make sure Rainbow doesn’t get hurt.”

“Yes ma’am!”

“Ma’am?!” Kyoga looked upon him like he just insulted her.

“What?” Bunga asked failing to understand why she didn’t feel flattered instead. “It’s just because you’re a lady and you older than me.”

“By one year.”

“Exactly!” Bunga smiled before taking off while waving his hand. “See ya!”


In very little time as always, Rainbow managed to find a store that sold climbing gear and went inside. "I'm here on behalf of the Lion and Pony Guard to find your missing idol and save Griffonstone!!"

Of course, the store itself is in horrible shape and the female griffon wearing a blue cap running the shop looks on with a bored blank expression.

"Uh, I'll need some rope, a grappling hook, and a guide to take me down to the Abysmal Abyss."

"And I'll need some bits." She said while extending her claw expecting the requested payment. Rainbow looked on ahead looking pretty annoyed with her attitude before complying. The look on the blue Pegasus’s face could tell that she is not in for what should be an easy mission.


Meanwhile, Kyoga and Pinkie traveled through the town, trying to ask anybody for directions to the library but have not succeeded in finding it. Upon seeing Gilda again, Pinkie immediately hopped on over hoping she can help them.

“Pinkie, what are doing?” Kyoga asked while looking on like she is being absent-minded in the head.

“Asking for help, silly!”

Kyoga groaned in response before reluctantly followed after her to ensure nothing bad happens between them.

"Hey, Gilda! Word on the street is that Griffonstone has an amazing library chock-full of answers!"

"Word on what street?" She irritably replied.

"Okay, maybe not this street, but on other streets, your library is the talk of the town."

Gilda really doesn’t want to deal with her anymore, but reluctantly gave in with the hope she’ll leave her be for good before pointing her in the right direction. "The library's right there, so why don't you go inside and leave me alone?!"

Kyoga frowned after the griffon walking away and pulling her cart. That alone was enough for her to understand why Rainbow ended her friendship with her.

Never the less, they both headed to the direction Gilda had pointed them towards, and their eyes widened in shock at what they saw next. The library itself wasn’t even a building, but more of a place where there everything, every shelf, every book, every statue is all scattered around like another old abandoned house.

“Wow! This is a library.” Kyoga could only say about the place.

Pinkie Pie also gasped when she spotted the ruined books in front of her. "Maybe it's good that Twilight didn't come…"

"No kidding. Just talking to her about it will get her all frantic in wanting to fix it.”

Still they both moved to search what was left of the place with Pinkie taking the high ground when she moved to obtain a book placed on the very top of the statue of King Grover, while Kyoga took the low ground.

"It's sad what happened to your town, King, but Rainbow can't be right. This can't all be because of a missing hunk of gold." She started playing with the loose mouth of the statue and began playing with it, so she can imitate him. "You are right, Pinkie! And you've got amazing hair! " She changed back to her normal voice, "Aw, King Grover, you old charmer!"

"Pinkie, it’s not nice to mimic a king even when he’s dead.” Kyoga chastised while moving to use some glue to fix the jaw that Pinkie accidentally broke off before continuing her search in looking through the books. But unfortunately not even the books were of much help since none of them held what they were looking for. “So much for help from your local library.” She muttered to herself with a sigh. Like Twilight, one would think that even Griffonstone would at least something useful but it was really just wishful thinking on her own part.

She along with Pinkie noticed two griffons walk on by, bump into each other’s heads while they were too busy looking down at their bits. They walked by each other, not even at least saying 'Sorry' or 'Excuse' me.

“Geez, what the hay really back then to cause every griffon here to act like us?” Kyoga asked herself just when Pinkie walked over to Gilda who happened to be close by.

She gasped in realization when she got an idea. "I know what Griffonstone needs!"

"Fewer ponies?" Gilda rhetorically asked as she placed a few bland looking, stone hard pastries on display on her cart.

"A song! I've got a super song about smiling that sure to make even the most grumpy griffon grin!" She inhaled a huge portion of air, but Gilda covered her mouth before she could even get out a lyric.

"Can't sing here!" She pointed her claw towards a picture of a griffon singing, and a red circle with a slash on it, to indicate proof that it’s an official law.

"But how do you break into uplifting musical numbers with no singing?"

"Yeah, that's Griffonstone's biggest problem – lack of uplifting musical numbers." Gilda sarcastically replied as she continued arranging the pastries.

"Well if I can't sing, how about a party? If there's one thing these griffons need, it's a good cheer! Where's your party store?"

Gilda only glared at her, without saying a word.

"No party store? Uh, how about cake? Nothing cheers folks up like cake! Where's a bakery?"

"Ugh."

Pinkie Pie could not believe what she was hearing from the grumpy griffon. "No singing, no party store, no bakery?! What is this place?!"

"You're welcome to leave at any time!" Gilda's scream was enough to literally blow Pinkie Pie away and hit a wall, leaving a Pinkie shaped hole and she slid down to the ground.

“Excuse me!” Kyoga moved to confront her now feeling her patience running thin now. “That is my friend you’re talking to and that was uncalled for.”

Gilda didn’t back down even when sensing she has magic at her disposal. “Well maybe that wouldn’t have happened if she along with you had left when you both had the chance.”

"At least compared to the other annoying buggers Pinkie is trying to help you. While she is being nothing but smiles and cheers even after what happened back from your last visit you on the other hoof are being too grumpy and rude to accept any help at all!”

“And this coming from someone who’s actually exactly like me? If that’s so then tell me what gives you any right to tell me off?”

“Because I’ve been there before.” Gilda remained unconvinced until she added. “I lost my family when I was young and my leg to evil lions who destroyed everything I once had. Yeah, evil lions tore the place up and even killed my parents right in front of me, and I’ve been living and wandering the world ever since up until I met the Lion and Pony Guard who took me in and became a part of their team that helps protect the Pride Lands and all of Equestria. So don’t try anything else on me because I’ve had it much worse that you did!”

The griffon, for the first time, was left stunned in shocked silence due to someone actually talking back at her like that. Up until now, she never decided to pay attention and realize that there was more tragic nature to Kyoga’s backstory that meets the eye and at the same time now feeling regretful with some of her earlier remarks against her.

Kyoga suddenly realized her mistake before talking a deep sigh to calm herself down. “Sorry, that came out harshly than I intended.”

Gilda huffed in response before focusing on prepping up her pastry display to which caught the lioness’s attention. “Are those griffon scones.

“Yes. That's my specialty."

Pinkie Pie quickly rushed on over. "I'll buy one!"

Gilda took a scone from her cart, which looked as hard as a rock with sticks coming out of it. Pinkie prepared her teeth to chomp on it but ended up biting into nothung but air when Gilda pulled it away and extended her free claw.

"Bits first!"

Pinkie pulled on her mane so a bit can fall out of it and hand to Gilda. Once she received payment for the treat she shoved the scone into her mouth. She tried to chew on it, but the scone was far too hard and flavorless for her to really enjoy it because it was mainly composed of dirt, rocks and twigs. She really tried but it was very painful for her jaws.

"Well?" Gilda asked for her opinion on the treat. "What, you like it? That's my Grampa Gruff's secret recipe."

Kyoga winced she heard and saw what happened when Pinkie felt something break in her jaw.

"Ow! I think I broke a tooth!"

"Well, whatever. No refunds. I don't even care anyway. I just want to sell enough of these so that I can leave this lousy town."

Pinkie spit out the remains of the scone, and a few of her teeth to which Kyoga was quick to use her magic to place in a plastic bag. "I can help you with that!" She smiled and offered even after having her teeth broken. "Kyoga, wanna help me help Gilda make the best tasting scones Griffinstone's ever tasted?"

“Sure.” She shrugged while still being willing to help out. “What have I got to lose?”


Elsewhere, Bunga had managed to catch up with Rainbow Dash and they both have managed to don the proper climbing gear for the safe climb down the abyss down below alongside the store pony. When they all got it they found the abyss is incredibly windy so that means they both have to be extremely careful and refrain from making the wrong move during their little trip down there.

“Brrr!” Bunga felt a small chill run up his spine from the gusty winds. “Think maybe that winter weather is starting to come up this way too?”

“Probably.” Rainbow replied before turning her head to the accompanying griffon. "Uh, you think you could tighten the strap on my helmet?" She asked of her.

"Can you give me more bits?" the griffon asked, while giving her the demanding tone and gesture.

Bunga who’s being nothing but friendly and complying with their wishes is alongside starting to get rubbed the wrong way by their high demand for bits, especially considering of how much she’s taken from them from being rented all for all of their gear.

Rainbow sighed in annoyance and instead tighten the strap herself. "Never mind, I got it." She looked down at the bottomless pit bellow, and felt an uncomfortable feeling inside of her. "So how deep is this abyss?"

"How deep are your pockets?" The griffon asked, further irritating the Pegasus.

"Don't you griffons ever talk about anything but bits?"

"Gimme some bits and I'll answer."

“Geez, is there anything that’ll you do with zero bits involved?” Bunga asked now starting to share her friend’s annoyance.

“Same price, same answer.”

"No wonder Gilda's such a delight." Rainbow said under her breath before moving to head down the abyss. "Okay Bunga, I going to need your help in having my back, so hold to this rope and make sure I don’t fall.”

Bunga saluted like a faithful and loyal solider. “Righto, Rainbow!”


Back near the destroyed library, it didn’t take much for Kyoga to decline tasting the scone herself while Pinkie was brave enough to take another bite so she can properly deduce of how to improve on it’s taste and flavor.

"Grampa Gruff's recipe is good, but it's missing one important ingredient."

"Don't tell me. "Friendship"?" Gilda said sarcastically while waving her claws in a sarcastic manner.

Pinkie looked on confused for a second before answering. “Uh, no. Baking powder. Lucky for you, I never leave home without it!" Pinkie pulled out the baking powder used it to on the freshest batch of scones. “Now just pop those in the oven, and you'll have griffon scones worth their weight in gold!"

The sweet scent it produced caused a nearby female griffon wearing a greyish-blue scarf with a lunar broach on it to stop in her tracks to take a good whiff. Another griffon flew by and knocked her down for being in his path causing her to fall down hard into the ground right in front of Gilda, Pinkie and Kyoga.

"Greta!" Gilda quickly rushed over and helped her stand up, but Greta coldly threw her arm off of her and walked away wordlessly without even a thanks.

“So Gilda.” Kyoga asked with a smirk. “Who’s your friend.”

“What friend?”

“You know. The one you just helped up on her paws.”

"Aha!" Pinkie exclaimed with a smirk too. "You may act like a gruff, grumbling griffon, but inside you're gracious and great!"

"What, her? Greta's just some griffon I know. We don't have friends here!" Gilda sighed, her expression turning into one of sadness and regret. "I did have a friend once, but you saw how that turned out."

“Rainbow Dash?”

“Yes.”

At that moment Pinkie’s eyes widen in deep shock as she realized something she needs to do.

"Oh my gosh, we gotta go find Rainbow Dash and Bunga!" She exclaimed. But before running off to check up on them she told Kyoga before she could even think of following after her. “Stay here with Gilda and help her finish the scones, I’ll get them.”

“Good call.” She said after her as she rushed off much to the griffon’s dismay.


Back at the abyss, the winds have gotten stronger to the point both Rainbow’s mane and Bunga’s hair were blowing, while the griffon beside them looked on indifferently.

"You sure we can't just fly down?" Rainbow said while yelling because of the wind canceling out her voice. She flapped her wings and attempted to fly down the abyss, only to be pushed right back up where she started. "Whoa! Never mind, totally got my answer there."

The griffon held the rope as Rainbow scaled down the cliff with Bunga standing by at the top of the cliff. "Just gotta find that golden idol and get out of this place." but when she moved to go deeper, the rope was suddenly cut off by a sharp rock, causing Rainbow to fall. She flapped her wings to try to stop her from falling but the strong wind currents blew her and caused her to smack hard onto a ledge when she lost altitude. From the looks of it, her left rear leg took a hard impact upon landing.

"Ow, ooh! My hoof! Help! Throw me another rope!"

"You got bits?" The griffon asked to which Rainbow Dash sadly shook her head in response since she had already spent every coin she had brought here. The greedy griffon callously shrugged and left the injured pony alone in the abyss, taking the rope with her.

Before she could leave, an angered honey badger tossed an orange at the back of her head. “Hey!”

“Ow!”

“Really?! You’re just going to leave her down there just for not having bits with her after you took every last coin we had?!”

“Yep!” She simply shrugged again before moving to walk off.

“Okay, that’s it!” Bunga at his breaking point with her greedy attitude to the point he moved to leap onto and attacked her with brute force. “Take that you…” Their brawl created a dust cloud which obscured the actual fight as they tumbled away from the cliff.

"Wait! Heeeeeelp...!" She screamed loudly and in vain since nobody’s close by to come to her aid in a very dire time of need.

Rainbow had managed to use her time trapped on the ledge to wrap her injured leg in bandages, but the winds were just too strong for her to be able to fly her way out. If only she had the entire Guard by her side she would be out of here no problem She screamed at the top of her lungs in a desperate cry for help. Thankfully, someone was around to hear it.

"There you are!" Pinkie’s voice called from above. "Forget about finding the idol! I figured out how to solve Griffonstone's real problem – scones!"

"Pinkie Pie, you get back here!"

"Yeah?"

"Can you throw down a rope or something?"

"Lemme look!" Pinkie shouted from above. "One rope coming up!” Rainbow opened her hooves ready to grab onto it and found herself able to climb upwards when Pinkie managed to tie it up to a nearby rock.

Unfortunately for them, the super gusty winds is making it very difficult for Pinkie to be able to pull Rainbow out safely to the point it snapped the rope in half.

“Oh, no!”

“Hang on, I’m coming Rainbow Dash!”

Luckily, Bunga had reappeared and managed to leaped down to grab the rope before it could fall into the abyss while managing to dig his claws into the steep cliff to prevent him and Rainbow from falling down.

“Bunga?!”

“Don’t worry, I got you!” Bunga struggled to maintain his grip on the cliff. He was barely hanging on for their lives. “Pinkie! We need more help!”

“Don't go anywhere! I’ll be back!" Pinkie quickly galloped away to seek assistance.

Rainbow Dash sighed in annoyance. "Where does she think I'm gonna go?" Bunga’s claws nearly gave way when he slid downwards a few inches, causing her to yelp in panic and back up against the wall. "I hope I don't go anywhere!"


Elsewhere, Kyoga had just taken the now finished scones out of the oven and tried one. She smiled seeing that Pinkie’s recipe is a success. The griffon seeing her reaction also moved to try one. Like Kyoga, she too smiled feeling pleased that it got better results.

“You have to admit, for a pink pony that drives you crazy with her antics, she sure makes some mean scones.”

“No kidding.”

Now that they have a batch of edible treats, Kyoga moved to help Gilda place the scones on display and removed her oven mittens. After doing so she turned to the griffon with something on her mind. “So Gilda, if I may, how did you and Rainbow become friends?”

“Why does it matter to you?” She said with her backed turned on the lioness.

“No reason. I just wanted to get to you know better and I’m just curious is all. I mean did tell why I’m the lion I am today.”

“True, and I could tell you, but I doubt that it’ll matter either way. She used to be my friend. Not anymore. Not after when I last visited Ponyville.” She said not wanting to look back at the memory.

"Can't you remember when she was?"

Gilda didn't look back as she recalled a more fond memory replaying in her mind. "Yeah. Of course.”


That memory she is now thinking back towards is her first day at Junior Speedsters Flight camp. Back then, she was rather shy and unsure of herself. It was pretty clear that the poor griffon didn’t have any friends. As soon as she arrived three bullies that Rainbow had encountered in the past and present were quick to pick out her.

“Doesn't that griffon know she's supposed to fly at the Junior Speedsters Flight Camp?” Young Hoops remarked before suddnely being blasted in the face with a huge cloud of dust courtesy of a Young Rainbow Dash.

“Maybe she just doesn't want to make you look bad!”

With the bullies being put in their place, she turned back to the griffon she had just defended. "Hey there, I'm Rainbow Dash! And you are…?"

"Uh… G-G-G-G-Gilda."

"Stick with me, Gilda, and those guys won't give you any more guff."

Instantly upon flying the cloud course, the two had perfect flying chemistry together, like two speedsters neck and neck.

"Whoa! You're awesome!"

"You too, Rainbow Dash!"

"Well, Gilda, let's show these guys how it's done!" |

Ever since, the two were best friends and the best of the best of flight camp.

"Junior Speedsters are our lives,"

"Skybound soars and daring dives,"

"Junior Speedsters, it's our quest to someday be the very best!"


Gilda couldn't help but smile and tear up upon remembering that, but was quick to wipe it away to avoid showing it to Kyoga. "At least until the last time I came to Ponyville."

“Right the whole being mean to her friends so you can keep Rainbow all to yourself. Yeah, I’ve heard. And yes I know you prefer your own company when it comes to your own inner circle, but there’s nothing wrong with expanding it and being more open with others. And yes, Pinkie sure can be quite a literal cuckoo in the head at times but she means well and only wanted to spend time with you and Rainbow. She never intended to take Rainbow away from you, she just wanted to join in and be part of the fun.”

The more Gilda listens, the more she begins to really see her words getting her to open up her eyes to why Rainbow really broke off their friendship. If only she hadn’t been so selfish and short-sighted, she could have retained her friendship with her along with making friends with the Lion and Pony Guard as a whole. And now her behavior back then is now becoming her biggest regret.

"I know it’s tough, but they only mean well, and would have been more than happy to be your friends if you just let go of being rough around the edges and let them help you, like I did, when I first met the Lion and Pony Guard.”

Gilda was just left speechless unable to counter-respond to her words. Deep down, she truly wonders if they’d be willing to become her friends after the way she acted back then. But when she finally turned to face her…

"Kyoga! Gilda!"

The two heard Pinkie's voice call out to her as she quickly rushed over to them, briefly panting when she caught up to them. "Rainbow Dash and Bunga are stuck on a ledge in the Abysmal Abyss, and I need your help to save them!"

Gilda gasped before quickly hurrying on over to the abyss, even if one of them was a friend she hardly recognized as a friend when she first met him. “Fine. I'll help her. But that doesn't make me her friend." She stated to the pink pony, who simply smiled.

"Duly noted." After Gilda was out of earshot she smiled at Kyoga who also smiles knowing the truth deep down that gruff exterior. "Except it does!"


Bunga held onto the wall as long as he could, he even tried making his way up the cliff. He had managed to find a nearby branch to grasp onto, but even holding on it was enough for the roots to nearly pull out. While this was happening , Rainbow’s life was flashing before her eyes, very unsure if they’ll be able to make it out alive.

“Can’t! Hold! On! Much! Longer!”

And it seemed like Bunga's hold would definitely give away when...

"Hang on, losers! I'm coming!"

Both Rainbow and Bunga smiled with glee when they saw the female griffon scale downwards to get them. The rope was tied around her waist while Kyoga and Pinkie held onto it, tying it on the strongest rock there was.

"What took you so long, doofus?!" Rainbow shouted up, jokingly, while deep down really happy to see her come to their rescue while Bunga moves to reach up to Gilda with his free claw.

The winds still proved to be too strong even for Gilda as she was forced to hang onto the ledge with her strong talons just before she could reach the honey badger. Instantly, the branch gave away and left both Rainbow and Bunga both screaming and falling downwards.

"Rainbow Dash! Bunga! I'm coming for you!" Pinkie Pie leaped forward in an effort to save them.

“Pinkie! Wait!” Kyoga yelled out to her in vain since she had already leaped down into the abyss. “Oh, sweet merciful Nala.”

If that wasn’t bad enough, Gilda’s grip slipped and she too fell downwards into the abyss. Thinking quickly, she hurled the rope like a lasso, grabbing Pinkie Pie's waist who in return managed to catch up the honey badger and Pegasus.

"Gotcha!"

Gilda caught onto a ledge, having the two ponies and honey badger dangling down. "Hold on, you three!" Gilda grunted as she tried to climb up. She gasped at what she saw above her. A giant skeleton head of a one eyed, two horned monster, the head of the now deceased Arimaspi. In addition on another ledge happened to be something gold and shimmery on top of another griffon skeleton’s head.

"The Idol of Boreas!" She could not believe she has actually managed to find the ancient treasure lost to time before moving to try to reach out to it.

She was just inches away from securing but unfortunately she found herself unable to do that and keep the Lion and Pony Guard members dangling for their lives safe at the same time. The winds were getting stronger and Pinkie’s grip started to loosen.

"I'm slipping!" Rainbow exclaimed.

“Me too!” Bunga also yelled with fear in the tone of his voice all while looking down at the very dark abyss.

The Idol then slipped and was now dangling onto the ledge leaving Gilda facing a difficult choice. Saving the long lost treasure or her friends?

Just before the trio could fall to their doom, they felt the rope supporting them pull them upwards. Gilda managed to get onto her ledge and pull them all to safety. But after doing so, the golden treasure slipped off and fell down into the dark abyss, to never been seen again forever this time.

Both Rainbow and Bunga were devastated seeing they were actually this close to obtaining it after going through all of that life-threatening chaos.

"The idol!"

“They were depending on it and now it’s gone!”

"You're more important to me than some dumb chunk of gold." Gilda quickly assured them to assert of what’s really important.

Rainbow now feeling touched that Gilda moved to save her even after everything moved to give her the biggest hug she’s ever given her in years with Pinkie and Bunga joining in. Unfortunately the moment got cut short due the stone they were standing on unable to continue holding their weight.

"Hugging later, climbing now!" Pinkie tied the rope around Rainbow Dash and the three quickly climbed out of the abyss.

Upon spotting them from above, Kyoga moved to use her magic to levitate them a stronger rope before slowly reeling them back up to safety.

“Wow!” Words could not even express the relief on Kyoga’s face. “Am I glad to see you all!”

“I know!” Bunga couldn’t agree more. “I really thought I turned in my badge and life warranty that time.”

“Yeah, until Gilda here showed up.” Rainbow happily added.

The griffon tried to pass it off with little effort on the icy tone. “I just slipped and fell in that’s all.”

Everyone all chuckled and laughed, clearly not buying her attempted excuse.

“Yeah!”

“Sure right!”

“You can’t fool us!” Pinkie moved to hug her again. “You know you love us and we love you!”

“Yep! Like how Queen Nala loved her husband!” Bunga added.

The griffon then smiled unable to deny it because deep down she knows it’s true, she truly does love them as friends.

“Yeah! Yeah. Well now that we’re safe, let’s head on back before any of us slips and falls back down there, okay?”

Both Rainbow and Bunga were quick to agree with that suggestion.

“Good idea!”

“Let’s go!”

After getting away from the dangerous abyss, the five friends all made it back safely to Griffonstone, without further incident.


Once they were back, Gilda moved to show remorse for what happened since they last saw each other in Ponyville.

"I'm really sorry about how I treated you all."

The others were quick to forgive her.

“Apology accepted.”

“Hakuna Matata!”

“I forgive you.”

Rainbow, who was flying by her side as a necessity because of her injured hoof smiled before reassuring her. "Thanks Gilda, and to be fair, I’m sorry too for not putting the effort in trying to continue being friends with you. I never thought that day would ever come to pass until now."

"So…friends again?"

Rainbow smiled and rose her hoof up. "Junior Speedsters are our lives,"

Gilda smiled as well and flew up. "Skybound soars and daring dives,"

They finished the last part together. "Junior Speedsters, it's our quest to someday be the very best!"

Both Kyoga and Pinkie Pie smiled proudly at the beautiful reunion and rekindling of their friendship with it now restored.

"And I'm just sorry we didn't get your idol back." Bunga said equally apologetic. "Now we'll never be able to solve Griffonstone's problem."

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that Bunga.” Kyoga assured.

“What do you mean?”

Pinkie chimed in agreement. "The map didn't send us here to find the lost Idol of Boreas. It sent us here to replace it with something better!"

"Nothing's better than gold to a griffon." Gilda said.

"That's because you don't have friendship! If you can learn to care about each other again, Griffonstone could be a mightier kingdom than it ever was before! And you don't need some golden idol to do that. You just need each other."

Rainbow Dash smiled while Bunga stifled a chuckle, "Whoa, Pinkie. That was... really sappy." she said with a frown.

"Eh, what can I say? That's how I roll."

They then spotted Greta, walk on by. Kyoga nudged her head in her direction while looking at Gilda. "Go on, Gilda. Go make a friend."

It took a much needed push in the right direction along with Rainbow placing the tray of scones onto her claws from Pinkie Pie for her to work up the courage to do so.

"I don't know, Pinkie." Rainbow said unsure herself. "You really think these griffons are up for this? We aren't exactly in Ponyville, you know."

Kyoga simply smiled in return. “Just watch on learn, my friend. Watch and learn.”

They all did so as Gilda tried to make friends with Greta. At first, she refused until Gilda offered her a scone. Rainbow was still a tad worried, but the others remained sure and confident and sure enough there was a happy female griffon rejoining them.

"Okay, so she was really weirded out until I gave her the scone. Then she tried it and said it tasted good! That's the first nice thing any griffon's ever said to me!"

Just then the quad’s cutie marks along with the Marks of the Guard started glowing and ringing.

“And would you look at that!” Bunga said while admiring the glow on his arm marks.

"Whoa! I guess that really was the problem we needed to solve." Rainbow Dash said now impressed.

Pinkie Pie then suddenly appeared in an old film reel quality with the baking powder next to her. "Baking powder makes baked goods and friendships fluffy and delicious!" *squee*

"Well, we'd better be heading home." Rainbow said with their job here complete

Gilda’s wings spread out in shock. "What? Y-Y-You want me to spread friendship here by myself?! How am I supposed to do that?! I haven't even made one single friend yet!"

"No, you haven't." Bunga said…

…with Kyoga adding with a smile. "You've made four."

Pinkie started to tear up with joy. "Hugging! Hugging now!" The ponies, griffon, lioness, and honey badger all joined together for a warm friendly embrace. For the first time in a while, Gilda was truly happy to the point she didn’t even protest when Pinkie still held onto her.

"But you'll come back and visit, right?"

"Just try and stop us!" Rainbow said proudly.

Pinkie finally released Gilda who then waved her farewell to them for now before they all went their separate ways but not without having this to say to the lioness who got through to her.

“Thank you, for everything!”

“My pleasure. I really hope to see you again.”

“Me too.” She said before moving to bond with her friend over scones together.

“How about that, huh?” Bunga smirked at the lioness. “From student to teacher all in a year.”

“Well, what can I say? I do what I do best.”

Pinkie Pie looked back at the old statue of the first griffon king that both Gilda and Greta were sitting nearby. "See ya later, you old charmer."

"Uh, Pinkie? Who are you talking to?" Rainbow asked feeling a little weirded out by that.

"Nobody! Come on, let's go home and see how Gummy did with Granny Pie's marjolaine recipe!"

“My guess, probably little to none.” Kyoga remarked as they approached the large arch up ahead.


Back at Sugar Cube Corner, Gummy was still on the counter surrounded by all of the baking ingredients when a knock at the door was heard and Ono flew in looking like he is in a rush to greet them before looking on in surprise with what he flew into instead.

“What the…Gummy?” The little green alligator simply blinked. “Okay…never mind.” He simply flew out just deciding to pretend that moment never happened. Thus leaving Gummy alone and still blinking.

Author's Note:

Here we have the first Friendship Mission in this season, and I'm sure I said it's Bunga and Kyoga accompanying both Pinkie and Rainbow Dash to Griffonstone where they meet Gilda for the first time since Season 1 (actually first time in Kyoga's case) where Rainbow is not happy upon seeing her again. A literal bitter reunion given with how things turned out the last time they met.

Now I'm sure you're wondering why I choose both Bunga and Kyoga to accompany both Rainbow and Pinkie Pie. Why they are the most fitting companions?

Bunga much like Pinkie shares her optimism in trying to help Griffonstone however they can with their positive energy and trying to find the bright side of things while taking a joy in the excitement of adventure when he joins Rainbow Dash at the windy abyss. That said he does have his limits when the griffons started to tax them until their pockets were dry. And he made good on ensuring that the griffon who left them high and dry paid the price for leaving them in the dust before showing his trademark bravery in saving Rainbow Dash.

Kyoga on the other hand, shows the wisdom and patience needed to fully understand and emphasize with Gilda as she is looking at herself back in Season 1 when she didn't want to welcome friendship into her heart at first. Despite taking in some low blows, she still gave her a listening ear and sympathized with her before imparting advice from the lesson she learned back then.

Together, they managed to restore Gilda's friendship and put Griffonstone on the right track to taking the first steps to rebuilding.

Anyways, that's it for this month, when the new month comes we get to see Jasiri the nice hyena again as she is in need of help when Janja and his pack gang up on her on Scar's orders so look out for that before Easter so stay tuned...

PreviousChapters Next