• Published 4th Feb 2023
  • 1,597 Views, 155 Comments

The Pony Guard (Season 5) - MXCDarkHorse2020



The Lion and Pony Guard face new friendship lessons and challenges as they continue to expand it across Equestria and the Pride Lands

  • ...
1
 155
 1,597

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 38: Divide and Conquer

Episode 38:

Divide and Conquer

While out on patrol, danger once again was emerging courtesy of none other than Janja and his clan chasing after Twiga and Juhudi along with the rest of the giraffe herd all while cackling and taunting at them as they proceed to gain up on them.

“Just run, Juhudi! Don't look back!” Twiga urgently told her friend while fleeing.

Lucky for them, the Lion and Pony Guard are right on their tail’s, literally.

“Janja, the Lion and Pony Guard's comin'! All of 'em!” Cheezi warned.

Janja however was unfazed this time around as he laughed in the face of danger for once. “Not for long.”

Jackals are heard barking thus drawing Rainbow and Ono’s attention as they both turned towards the sound and direction of where they are causing a scene.

“Oh, no.” Ono gasped. “Reirei's jackals! They're going after some pangolins on the Chakula Plains!”

“The Chakula Plains? That's a long way's away.”

“No kidding!”

“Oh my!”

Beshte, Rarity, and Fluttershy all commented in great worry.

“Not only that…” Rainbow also picked up something with her keen sight. “...crocodiles in Big Springs, and Starlight Glimmer’s on a rampage going after the zebra and antelopes.”

“Again?!”

“Seriously?!”

"Do they ever take the time to learn at all?!"

Kion, Fuli, Sunset all commented mildly mind blown by how spread out and ruthless the Outsiders are being today.

“Big Springs? Oh no! That’s also a long way’s away.”

“Oh my!”

Both Beshte and Fluttershy repeated with her fright and worry for them doubling up.

With time at the essence, the leaders of the Guard had to make a split decision to deal with them.

“Fuli, you, Fluttershy, and Bunga go help the pangolins! Ono, show 'em the way!”

“On it.”

“Got it.”

“Huwezi.”

“Zuka zama.”

The three all split away from the group to do so.

Twilight then turned to the others. “Kyoga, you, Beshte, and Pinkie Pie continue helping the giraffes!”

“You got it!”

“Twende Kiboko!”

“Time to crash this hyena party again!”

These three then took their turn to do as they were told.

“Applejack and Rainbow Dash, you’re both helping save the hippos from the crocs while Kion, Sunset, and I help the zebra and antelope!”

“Can do, partner!”

“We’ll take those mean and green crocodiles again just like we did before!”

“Which means it’s just you and me to deal with Starlight again!”

"That I can live with." Sunset looked on ready to put that unicorn in her place once more.

“Yep!” Twilight led the way with Kion keeping up with her as he moved to join her in flight. "Come on, Kion, Sunset, Applejack, Rainbow Dash!”

To speed up the process, Rainbow moved to swoop Applejack off of her hooves while Sunset moved to work her fiery magic to propel herself up in the air so they can all travel together and leave nobody in the Guard behind.


With flight by their side they were able to make quick time in dropping off Applejack and Rainbow Dash before making their way over to where Starlight is causing a rampage and is being rather malicious and overly mean while doing it.

“What’s the matter?” The unicorn asked the antelope in a taunting manner. “Got no where to go?”

“No! And you’re being really mean and impolite about it!” Bupu retorted.

“Aww!” She said with mock pity while charging her horn. “Well too bad!”

Just before she could fire her shot off at them, Twilight fired off a magical attack from behind to knock her aside followed by Kion charging towards her to tackle her across the grass and away from the prey along with Sunset firing a blast of magic right at her with the intent to knock her out. Starlight quickly managed to teleport herself out of the tackling and narrowly landed another hit on Kion who leaped up to avoid the attack.

“Well, well, well...If it isn’t both Prince Kion and Princess Twilight here to stop me again. Oh, along with the pony here to try to serve a side of bacon cheese fries.” She said with an evil smirk as she looks on at the two surrounding her while visibly irking Sunset. “I have to say I’m very flattered that the two of you decided to come grace me with your presence. Oh along with you bringing your newest protege along for the ride. I'm sure she is learning well under your guidance...for an amatuer.”

Kion along wiht Twilight and Sunset were not having any of it.

“Save it, Starlight! Because this ends now!”

“So if I were you I’d flee while you still can!”

"Before you find out just how much this amateur has learned how to kick your flank out of the Pride Lands!"

Starlight still refused to budge. “Make me!” She then proceeded to create a magical surge with her horn to send both the prince and princess flying away while crashing and cracking into two nearby trees from behind before charging off ahead. Upon quickly recovering, they both gave her a chase.


While this was happening, both Applejack and Rainbow Dash wasted no time charging up against Kiburi and his crocs who were all cornering the hippos, Basi included.

“Hey, Kiburi! Someone order a knuckle sandwich?!” Rainbow yelled out before delivering a super speedy punchy that knocked the crocodile of his legs. “Because you just earned yourself one courtesy of the speedy express!”

Kiburi growled at the blue pony before moving to charge at him in retaliation. “Why you little…Hey?!” He is suddenly ensnared by Applejack’s lasso by the tail to prevent him from making a move on her friend.

“I don’t think so!”

Before Kiburi could have a chance to do anything about, he was yanked off of his legs before finding himself hoisted and twirled around like wrangling a buffalo by the horns. Next he knows he finds himself thrown and crashing into his own crocs trying to come to his aid, causing them all to be knocked aside like bowling pins.

Upon recovering, Kiburi and crocs proceeded to split up to try to get around their two opponents. By dividing themselves so they can surround them five ways, they moved to attack the two ponies at once. All with jaws aimed to attack each second with one immediately biting after another.

Both ponies being well in sync with one another were quick to swiftly dodge each crocodile that tried to bite at them with quick thinking and quick timing after a brief moment of alarm. Once they had cleared every croc that tried to attack them all at once and dog piled themselves while doing so they moved to lasso and super punch and kick every crocodile that comes at them. They even switching on each other towards Kiburi who tried to put up a fight.

But even still they weren’t backing down and going down so easily, as they still kept feigning off their attempts to force them to submit at the same time Starlight is managing to hold her own and force her battle with the alicorns on the move.

“Just give it up Kiburi! You’re going to lose anyway!” Rainbow demanded.

“You make me!”

“Will do!” Applejack retorted to the stubborn croc as they resume their battle.


Elsewhere, the hyenas have managed to pull within biting range of the giraffes just when Kyoga, Beshte, and Pinkie Pie have done the same to their pack as well.

“Back off, Janja!” Kyoga demanded to the cackling pack tormenting their prey once more.

Janja still wasn’t showing any signs of fear in response as he calmly turned to the rest of his pack. “You two, deal with them.”

The hyenas all complied and stayed behind to stay their ground against the small team in order to heed them off while barring their teeth at their enemies.

Cheezi was quick to get into another tackle and wrestle match with Kyoga. Beshte was able to knock Chungu away when he attempted to charge at him. And both Nne and Tano had no time to defend themselves when Pinkie came to pounce on them with equally vigorous drive.

“Keep 'em busy, fur-brains!” Janja called out to them while still running off ahead to keep up with the helpless giraffes.

Despite enduring the ususal number of hits, they were still able to hold their own against Kyoga, Beshte, and Pinkie Pie.

“Kyoga, there's too many of 'em! Can’t you use your magic to blast them away?” Beshte asked when it seems like they have the upper paw in this fight right now.

“I would if I could.” Kyoga commented as she struggled with putting down the hyenas as both Cheezi and Chungu double teamed against her. “But it might hurt Twiga and Juhudi.”

Janja while just close enough to be able to bite gave this one last taunt and laugh when it seems he has them in the cross hairs of life and death. “You can't run forever, giraffes!”

Hearing that gave them motivation to fight back. “You know, you're right!” Twiga realized before moving to stop running so she could kick Janja away causing him to tumble into the ground with a sore jaw.

“That's enough, fellas! Let's head home!” He stated before leading his team back into the Outlands.

“Uh, okay, Janja!” Cheezi complied even while still a little confused considering they had this fight under their control for once.

“Wait for us!” Chungu called while following after both Janja and Cheezi along with the remaining hyenas just when Pinkie was able to pull out her party cannon.

“Huh?” Pinkie tilted her head in confusion.

“That was weird. They just quit.” Beshte remarked equally confused.

“It's a good thing.” Kyoga commented in relief. “They had us way outnumbered.” She then moved to check up on the giraffes who nearly became hyena food. “You two okay?”

“Yes. Thank you, Kyoga! Come, dear. Let's get back to our group!”

With that, the giraffes took their leave. “Should we go help Fuli, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Bunga with the jackals?” Beshte asked.

“Let's make sure Janja and his clan are really heading back to the Outlands first.” Kyoga stated otherwise before chasing after them to see to it that they do.


Meanwhile the jackals are also gaining ground on the pangolins while pursing them. All while laughing and taunting them about their predicament.

“Hold still, ya varmints!” Goigoi remarked to them while closing in on them alongside his wife though the pangolins are doing everything they can to be as tricky and evasive as possible so they can’t catch them.

“Ugh! Wow, these things are pesky! But they sure do taste good!”

“Yeah! Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside!”

Despite their best efforts, the pangolins found themselves cornered on the edge of a nearby cliff during their panicking and running from their enemies, thus allowing the jackals to finally have them right where they want them.

“Now, now. Don't be scared. We're just here to share a friendly meal.”

“Yeah. You.” But before they could advance on them the he pangolins curled up into balls. Hey! Where'd the pangy-lins go?”

“Goigoi, you good-for-nothin'!” Reirei scolded her dimwitted husband. “Ya scared 'em so they rolled up into balls!”

“Huh! Well, look at that!” Goigoi proceeded to touch one of them only to wince and retract his nose in pains the ball. “Ow! Pointy, sharp balls!”

Two other jackal pups accompanying them took the time to play around them like kids playing with their food at the table.

“Hey! How many times do I gotta tell ya? Don't play with your food!” Their mother scolded much to the whimpering pups disappointment.

“Aw! Can't we at least roll 'em down the hill?” Goigoi asked.

“Leave the pangolins alone!” Fuli’s voice called out to them before she, Ono, Rarity, and Fluttershy arrived on the scene. “You heard me, Reirei! Back away from the pangolins!” She fiercely repeated with both ponies even Fluttershy ready to make them stay away from their prey.

“Uh-oh! It's the Lion and Pony Guard!” Goigoi expressed in worry.

Reirei however remained undeterred. “Only a few of 'em! Everybody scatter!” She ordered of the others just when they approached them in order to ensure that they aren’t easily defeated by the small team.

Despite Rarity giving some of the jackals a few good karate moves neither she, nor anyone else could manage to take them down as easily as they normally would. During which Reirei took the time to roll the curled up pangolins away from the scene.

“Young'uns! Forget what I said before. Play with your food!” The pups both smiled and chuckled with delight as they both did as they were told.

Both Fluttershy and Fuli had to duck to avoid getting hit by the pangolin’s sharp scales.

“Hey, stop kicking the pangolins!” Fluttershy angrily yelled out to them before flying over to them with a rush of adrenaline kicked into high gear with her motherly instincts pushing herself to confront them.

“Reirei, look!” Goigoi commented on the pangolins finally coming out of their shells. “Now's our chance! Grab 'em!”

“I don’t think so!” Fluttershy furiously exclaimed before intercepting them before they could even reach them. “You all will leave now or else you will all get The Stare!” To prove she isn’t kidding around this time, she unleashed all of the might her powerful glare can give on the four jackals who all cowered and shielded their eyes from the very sight.

“Aah! My eyes! Aah!”

“It burns! It burns!”

The kids both shrieked.

Reirei knowing when she is beaten moved to lead the retreat back into the Outlands. “Come on. Fun's over!

“Right behind ya, sugar snout!” Goigoi was quick to follow her lead before retreating.

After they fled, Fuli was quick to check up on them. “You guys okay?”

The pangolins all grunted to confirm it with Ono the first to express their disappointment with how it went down. “Only thanks to Fluttershy coming to their rescue.”

It was then Bunga had finally managed to catch up and arrive on the scene. “Whoo! What happened? Did we win?” He asked while catching his breath from all of that running.

“Not exactly.” Fuli shook her head before asking. “What kept you?”

“Hey! I never said I was the fastest!” Bunga defended.

“Oops.” Fluttershy squeaked upon realizing that was something she forgot to do in her urgent hurry to save the pangolins.

With enough said on that, Fuli turned her attention back to the Guard’s Keenest of Sight. “Ono, can you see where they're going?”

“Affirmative.” He flew up high and spotted out the retreating hyenas heading back where they want them to go. “They appear to be heading for the Outlands!”

“At least we can chase them home.” Fuli stated before leading the way after them. “Huwezi!”

“Just try... to keep up with me! Zuka... Zama…” Bunga panted in between breaths before being scooped up by Fluttershy.

“Here. Allow me..”

“Thanks!” While riding passenger, Bunga was able to ride on Fluttershy’s back in order to keep up with his comrades.


And as luck would have it, they have managed to regroup with their friends keeping track of the hyenas who have also retreated to the Outlands at the exact same time.

“Looks like the jackals are back in the Outlands.” Ono commented.

“Hyenas, too.” Kyoga reported upon reuniting with them.

“Same for the crocs!” Rainbow called out as she and Applejack closed in o the retreating enemies. “Go on! Get out of here!”

“You heard the pony! Get it!” Applejack also barked while giving each and every croc whiplash with her lasso. “Come on you big green crocs! Get on out of here!”

The crocs all did as they were told but not without yelping in pain as they felt the sting of the country pony’s lasso every single time she unleashed it on their scales and tails.

“And so is Starlight!” Kion called out just when he along with Sunset and Twilight doubled down on their magical attacks while managing to force Starlight to retreat as well. And for good measure, he and Sunset sent a fiery red hot beam of magic from their horns to knock Starlight all the way across the Outlands. Something that Starlight didn’t have time to properly defend herself given her eyes were mostly set on the Outlands.

“Wow!” Rainbow commented rather surprised and impressed by how aggressive he delivered that finishing blow. “That was something!”

"Thanks." Sunset smiled and nodded. "It sure helps that I have a lot of anger fueling my magic."

“I’ll say.” Fuli nodded in approval before focusing more on what had just happened. “But do any of you think it's weird? All of them attacking at the exact same time?”

“It’s definitely a first, but still quite strange.” Rarity commented in agreement. “It’s like the Outsiders are upping their game now.”

“And there is also the fact that Starlight is really getting very aggressive and ruthless herself lately.” Twilight chimed in finding it quite off as Starlight has been increasingly losing her mind ever since the whole encounter in the Outlands.

“Yeah. If I didn’t know any better it really seemed she was out to kill someone today.” Kion commented in worry with Twilight’s sanity slippage episodes still fresh in his mind. “And let's hope it never happens again. It split us up. And when we split up, we're weaker.”

“Hey, it all worked out!” Bunga tried to speak positively of the outcome. “We still saved all the animals and chased the bad guys away, right?”

“Twiga and Juhudi saved themselves.” Kyoga pointed out.

“Then the hyenas just...left.” Beshte added.

“Just before I could use my party cannon on them!” Pinkie exclaimed in frustration much to the staring reactions from the others. “What?!” She exclaimed innocently. “I like using my cannon! It’s how I can celebrate another blasting the hyenas away party!”

“Same thing happened with the pangolins and the jackals only retreating when Fluttershy used her stare on them.” Fuli added.

“And it took some mighty wrestling to get the crocs to back off.” Applejack added.

“And the same thing happened with Starlight.” Sunset added as Kion looked on ahead at the Outsiders all retreating towards the Outlands Volcano up ahead.

“And it’s pretty clear that the attacks weren’t a coincidence." Kion correctly deduced, "They were set up on purpose to split us up! That way, they had us all outnumbered!”

“And if they did it once, they’ll definitely do it again.” Twilight added. “Since we know this was all done under Scar’s orders.”

“If you're right, what are we going to do?” Fuli asked.

“Easy!” Bunga commented thinking nothing of it. We just have to be in four places at once!”

“Seriously?”

“Crocs, jackals, hyenas, Starlight Glimmer all at once?!”

Both Fuli and Rainbow looked on at the honey badger like that is another one of the craziest ideas he has ever come up with.

Kion however smiled like the idea could work. And so did Twilight. “Actually, that's not a bad idea.”

Fuli looked on at the young prince like he is not thinking straight right now. “Two to four places at once? Kion, how can we possibly do that?”

“With a little help, that's how!” Kion confidently replied for at least part of the answer.

"Like how?" Sunset curiously asked.


Said answer happens to be at another part of the Pride Lands where a certain bird is having time entertaining the animals in front of him who are all laughing their heads off to his comedic talents.

“It's like I'm talking to myself!” Thurston commented while laughing.

“It sure is!” Tamaa with Thurston’s voice spoke. “And you thought only zebras could sound this silly!”

The zebras, giraffes, and antelopes present all laughed knowing that is so true that even Thurston himself can laugh at himself at the joke. “I do sound silly!”

“Do you think you can sound like me?” Twiga eagerly asked.

True to form her wish was granted. “Of course, I can! But do you think you can hear me way up there?”

“Oh, delightful!”

At that’s when the Lion and Pony Guard showed up with Sunset looking on with wide eyes and disbelief that bird actually managed to perfectly imitate everyone around them flawlessly. “How about me, Tamaa? Can you still sound like me?” Kion asked.

“And me?” Twilight also asked.

Upon seeing them Tamaa stumbled with his words in response feeling he is now in trouble again. “Uh, Kion. Twilight. This isn't what it looks like! Er...sounds like!”

“Oh, yeah?”

“What is it?”

Both Rainbow and Fuli asked somewhat skeptical that he is up to his old tricks like before.

“My life of crime is over.” Tamaa calmly explained after regaining his composure. “I don't imitate animals to trick them out of their food anymore. These days I do it to make 'em laugh and they just give me their food!

“We certainly do!” Thurston stated to support that claim as Tamaa flew down towards the fruit the other animals actually did give him in return.

“Hear that? They certainly do!” Tamaa said in Thurston’s voice once again with the others laughing their heads off again.

Beshte himself along with Pinkie chuckled and giggled in amusement.

“It is pretty funny.”

“No kidding!”

In response, Tamaa first spoke in Beshte’s voice. “Yeah, I think so, too. Wouldn’t you all agree considering this is a laughing party?!” He then said in Pinkie’s voice to which had everyone continuing their laughing especially Pinkie Pie.

“It sure is a laughing party!” Pinkie was now laughing while flat and rolling on her back.

With all joking aside, Kion approached the bird to press the matter of why they are really here. “I'm glad to hear you kept your promise, Tamaa. But we're not here to check up on you. We need your help.”

Hearing that had the bird feeling very touched and honored. “The Lion and Pony Guard needs my help? Little old me? Tamaa the Drongo?” Turning to his guests. “Sorry, everybody! Show's over!”

Since everyone has their fill of jokes for the day the animals all left.

“Ta-ta.” Thurston returned before leaving.

“Ta-ta.” Tamaa returned in the former’s voice leaving the clueless zebra laughing to himself.

“I just said ta-ta to me!” The others could only shake their heads before turning back to Tamaa who is all ears for what they have to say.

“So what's up? You need entertainment for a party at Pride Rock? I've got Simba's voice down pretty good! Or is it for a party at Canterlot? I’ve also got both Celestia and Luna’s voices down too right down to the exact regal touch.” He then notices the new pony amongst the group. "And what about your new friend here what's your name?"

"Sunset Shimmer. And you are Tamaa right?"

"Of course. And I just so happens to now have my voice down to art like a painting." Tamaa returned in Sunset's voice leaving the pony impressed yet stunned with how pitch perfect it was.

"Wow. Very artistic take."

"I'll say."

Twilight also smiled impressed herself with how great his vocal range is down to form. “Very impressive. But that’s not it.” She firmly stated just before he could give a demonstration. “This is something serious.”

“Really? Huh. I usually do comedy, but okay.”

“Remember how you scared the hyenas by imitating our voices?” Kion asked.

“Hey, I only did that because I had no choice. But no disrespect intended.”

“And we can assure you no disrespect was done back then.” Twilight assured he isn’t in any trouble for that. “In fact, we want you to do it again.”

“All I can say is…” He then performed a front flip in flight while exclaiming. “Zuka Zama!” In Bunga’s voice.

“This guy is un-Bunga-lievable!” Bunga commented already amazed again by how perfect and spot on it was.

“I sure am darling!” Tamaa remarked in Rarity’s voice much to the pony’s brief confusion before smiling in response to the down to art impression.

“Well said, Tamaa. Well said.”


With Tamaa on board, the Lion and Pony Guard moved to discuss it more while they make their way through Mizimu Grove.

“So what's the plan?” Tamaa asked. “I imitate your voices to distract the bad guys... while you jump on them from behind?”

“Not exactly.” Kion shook his head before explaining. “You're going to imitate our voices, but we're not going to be there.”

Now Tamaa is confused. “Now let me get this straight. You're not going to be there. But the bad guys will be?”

“Oh, sure!” Bunga stated. “A whole bunch of 'em! Hyenas, jackals, crocodiles, and a unicorn. Not sure which.”

“You do remember that the last time I almost ended up as hyena food, right?” Tamaa reminded feeling nervous with what he is being told he will be facing. "Not to mention the fact they are all being led by an evil lion who also part alicorn and brought back from the dead plotting his revenge against all of us."

“Don't worry, Tamaa. We won't let anything happen to you.”Beshte assured.

“At least Fluttershy won’t.” Rainbow chimed in to which said pony blushed in response.

“Really? You promise?”

Both Kion and Twilight remained confident that it’s something doable.

“I think a clever bird like you should be able to handle himself.”

“And by that we mean absolutely!"

"Also, Scar has bigger fish to fry other than splitting his time and energy helping his followers win small skirmishs.” Sunset added.

“Yeah.” Fuli agreed. “Aside from Starlight, we're just dealing with crocodiles, jackals and hyenas. Not somebody smart.”

“Not even the crocs!” Rainbow chimed in. “Even while pretty strong themselves!”

“Wait, who’s Starlight the unicorn?” Tamaa asked.

“Long story short, an enemy of mine who’s joined forces with the Outsiders in order to get revenge on me for defeating her once.” Twilight swiftly explained. “Someone that needs to be taken very, very, seriously.”

“Oh. Good thing I’m not unicorn food.” Tamaa commented in Twilight’s voice. He then said in his normal voice. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay. That’s very understandable.” She then turned towards where Scar is meeting with his followers inside the volcano of what their next attack is going to be like. “Question is, who are they going after next and when?”

“Good question, Twilight.” Applejack commented feeling mighty unsure and worried herself.

“Hopefully not someone you know.” Fluttershy equally unsure and worried expressed.

“Hopefully...”


Meanwhile, the Outsiders have all gathered inside the Outlands Volcano, where they’ve just got done explaining to Scar of how the most recent attack went with images and recent memories of the Lion and Pony Guard in action.

“The plan worked, Scar. Th...the Lion and Pony Guard split up to chase us! Just like you said they would!” Janja reported.

Reirei cackled in agreement. “That's right. We had 'em chasing their own tails.”

“Not to mention we are able to hold our own this time without getting our butts kicked.” Starlight eagerly added.

Kiburi grumbled. “For once.” With him, he always feels he can do better than what he is showing even though it all worked out.

Scar none of the less was pleased with what had just happened. “Excellent.”

While pleased himself, he couldn’t help but wonder his boss’s angle on this plan. “Yeah, yeah! But, uh…Why'd we go to all that trouble? We still came back with nothin'!”

“These first attacks were merely a test to see if Kion and Twilight would react as I predicted. The next attack is the one that counts. Because next time your target will be Rafiki!”

Janja now looked on puzzled. “Rafiki?”

Even Reirei couldn’t help but agree with the hyena leader there. “You want to get rid of that old monkey?”

“That "old monkey" is dangerous. He has the ability to sense the Lions of the Past.”

“Ooh, ooh!” Chungu piped up with something say about that. “That means he can sense you!”

Janja, Reirei, Kiburi, and Starlight look at Chungu rather surprised like it was the smartest thing he has ever said since they’ve known him.

“Amazingly, you're right. Even while alive.” Scar remarked rather impressed with him for once before continuing to explain the motive for his target. “That said he has gotten increasingly aware of my presence to the point he can sense when I’m nearby. And if he does then he’ll be quick to alert the others of what I’m up to before it could even happen. Hence the reason why I want to get rid of him.”

“And that’s a very good reason.” Starlight commented very understanding of his explanation and now Janja gets it too.

“Okay. Me and my boys will head to Rafiki's Tree. Reirei's jackals can distract the Guard by goin' after some zebras or somethin' while Kiburi can do the same with some elephants along the way.” He said the last part in a somewhat condescending manner specifically towards the jackals.

Reirei however disagreed while put off by his equally smug attitude. “I think my pack should eliminate Rafiki while you fur-brains go after something you can handle, like a couple of grass rats!”

Janja got into her face to assert they can and will do this. “We'll deal with Rafiki! You don't send a jackal to do a hyena's job!”

Both Kiburi and Starlight simply looked on just flat out annoyed just wanting to get this over with so they can take care of business already.

“Enough!” Scar barked at the two bickering clan leaders before speaking his decision to settle the matter. “Janja, you can have Rafiki. Reirei, the jackals can take lead next time.” Janja smugly smirked at Reirei once more while the jackal matriach returned an annoyed look back at him. “But the skinks have informed me that Rafiki is not at his tree. He's near Mapango Cliffs...meditating.”

“Oh, okay, Scar. Don't worry. We'll find him.” Janja vowed. “If Reirei can keep part of the Lion and Pony Guard away from him...”

Reirei interjected mid-sentence while stepping up in front of Janja at the edge of the cliff over the lava pit. “We jackals always do our job.”

“...Then Rafiki'll never know what hit him.”

Hearing this sparked satisfied music to Scar’s ears. “Good. Then proceed with the plan. Divide... And conquer!” He laughed maliciously while the crocs, jackals, and hyenas all took their leave with Starlight the only one remaining.

“So…” Starlight began once Scar had got done evilly laughing. “...while this is all going down. Who’s the real target while the Lion and Pony Guard are busy?”

Scar smirked deviously as he moved to answer that question as he pulled up new images hidden in shadow with one of them being the bird the Lion and Pony Guard have just enlisted to aid them in their current battle. “Someone very close in their inner circle, Starlight. Someone, very close...”


After their meeting the hyenas, crocs, and jackals all walk down towards another part of the Outlands where Janja is wasting no time in boasting his superiority towards Reirei once more. Something that they have done quite frequently throughout their time having to work together under Scar’s command.

“Ya hear that, Reirei? Scar's lettin' me take care of Rafiki! 'Cause us hyenas is smarter!”

“Smarter than who? A grub worm?”

“Smarter than you, that's who!”

Reirei rolled her eyes in response. “Don't make me laugh, Janja. We Jackals are the smartest animals around."

We're the Smartest

To further emphasize their growing egos, the two sang together about who is superior and smarter, much to Kiburi’s growing annoyance since to him it’s a waste of time. He even glared at one of his followers when he caught him dancing to the beat who quickly and hastily shot an apologetic look back at him.

Reirei first sang and dance while jumping and leaping onto the nearby craters and platforms while Goigoi on the contrary managed to burn himself from the nearby steam vents and bumped his head on a few rocks while he was at it.

Then Janja took his turn by singing all while Cheezi and Chungyu proved themselves equally clumsy and dim-witted as Goigoi when the former burned his tail in lava and the latter tried to eat a rock to which landed on their leader’s paws.

“Ow! Fur brains!” He scolded mid-song before they resumed singing together while getting into each others faces.

Once their song ended, Kiburi finally moved to speak up. “Great, fantastic, you’re both the smartest amongst your respective packs. Now if you’re done singing about your pride and ego’s, can we get a move on and get this over with?! Hmph!” He marches off ahead while his followers walked behind him much to the hyena and jackal’s surprise.

“Guess someone’s not feeling smart today.” Janja commented.

“I’ll say.” Reirei commented in agreement for once before they pressed forward to carry out their tasks.

At the same time Starlight is following closely from behind so she can carry out her task, Scar assigned her...


Back in the Pride Lands, both Rainbow and Ono are high alert trying to spot out their enemies from the sky.

“Hmm. No sign of Janja…” Ono’s eyes managed to lock on Reirei's pack in the Pride Lands again. “Hapana! Everyone, everyone! Reirei's jackals are going after some gazelles!”

“What about the hyenas and crocs?” Kion asked.

“Along with Starlight?” Twilight also asked.

“Didn't see them.”

“Still looking!” Rainbow resumed looking around for the hyenas along with Starlight and the crocs. Still don’t think those other attacks weren’t a coincidence, Twilight?”

“No. These were definitely planned out by Scar himself. Which means he wants to try to split us up again keep us busy from his true target whoever he or she might be. So just keep looking while we take on Reirei, you too Ono.”

“On it.”

“Affirmative.”

“Tamaa, you’re with us.” Kion added as they set off to pursue the jackals causing havoc.

I still don't think so. Ono, keep an eye out for Janja. In the meantime, we'll take on Reirei. Tamaa, you're with us.

“On it…” He spoke in Rainbow’s voice then Ono’s. “...Affirmative!”

By going fast on their paws, hooves, and wings, the Lion and Pony Guard were able to make quick ground on the jackals with a very determined prince wanting to stop them before anything else can happen.

“There they are, come on.”

While this was happening both Rainbow kept looking alongside Ono while splitting up to cover more ground. From the west side of the Pride Lands, Ono managed to spot the hyenas while Rainbow managed to spot the crocodiles on the east side of the Pride Lands.

“Hyenas.”

“Crocodiles!”

“But who are they going after?” They both asked at the exact same time before finding their eyes locked on a meditating Rafiki and a certain king out having lunch by himself.

“Oh no!”

Wasting no time, both fliers quickly regrouped to alert their leaders.

“The hyenas!”

“They're moving in on Rafiki!”

“And the crocodiles are moving in on the king!”

Everyone gasped in horrified shock upon hearing who they are targeting, especially Kion.

“Rafiki and Dad?! Heyvi Kabisa We have to save them!” Turning to their voice imitator friend. “Tamaa, we're gonna need your help after all.”

“So, what do I do again?” He asked now confused.

“Just keep the jackals confused till we get back!” Kion simply explained. “Stay out of sight and do your stuff!”

“In the meantime,…” Twilight spoke up deciding the best course of action while the jackals are distracted. “...I’ll lead the Pony Guard to help Rafiki, Kion you lead the Lion Guard to help your dad. Sound good?”

“Perfect.” To Kion being able to protect his dad is definitely something he would want to do. “Let's go.”

With that both Guard’s went off their separate ways while Tamaa is left to take things from him. “Okay, Tamaa. Showtime!” He said to himself before taking cover in the nearby tree branches while the jackals prepare to sneak up on the gazelles who are now unaware of their presence.

“Come out, come out, wherever you are!"

“Yeah! Come out peaceful and you won't get hurt! Well, we ain't gonna hurt 'em. We're just gonna eat 'em!”

Just before they could make their move on them they heard voice’s they never expect to hear.

“Kion! Fuli! I found the jackals! They're over here!” Ono’s voice spoke out loud.

“The Lion Guard…?” Goigoi spoke confused with what he is he hearing.

“They’re attempting to hunt down the nearby gazelles!” Rainbow’s spoke next thus confusing Goigoi even more so.

“...And the Pony Guard?!”

“But it can't be all of 'em. Scar said they'd split up again!” Reirei rightfully commented but even she can’t figure out why they are hearing their voices to be sure on that.

“Good job, Ono!” Kion’s voice is heard next followed by Twilight’s.

“You too, Rainbow Dash!”

“Fuli, Beshte, Bunga, Kyoga, let's surround them!”

“Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy, let’s do the same!”

“They won't get past me!” Said Fuli’s voice. “Huwezi!”

Next up is Beshte’s voice. “Okay, Kion. Twende kiboko!”

Followed by Bunga. “You got it! Zuka Zama!”

“Give it up, Reirei!” Kyoga’s voice then said.

“You’re not going anywhere, ya varmits!” Applejack’s voice spoke next.

“Because you ruffians are even laying a claw on those gazelles!” Rarity’s voice came next.

“Especially with the whole Guard here to keep you from doing so!” Pinkie’s voice then said.

“And if you even try anything with us, you’ll have to answer to me!” Fluttershy’s voice fiercely spoke to them.

"Along with facing my fiery wrath!" Sunset's voice spoke to them equally fierce.

“We have got them surrounded now, Lion Guard!”

“The jackals have nowhere to go, Pony Guard!”

Both Kion and Twilight’s voices spoke again.

Now Reirei is really trying and failing to understand what they are hearing. “Wait. Why is all the Lion and Pony Guard here?”

“You think maybe Scar was wrong?” Goigoi expressed wondering the same thing.

“Maybe... But if they're all here, Janja's got Rafiki all to himself and Kiburi’s got whoever he wants to go after. So I guess it's a good thing.”

“Good thing for them. Not so good fer us!” Goigoi fearfully gulped knowing full well of what’s in store for them now.


Meanwhile at Mapongo Cliffs, like Scar said from the skinks most recent report, Rafiki is indeed and still meditating on top of the highest rock in the open area. With his eyes closed, he is so far unaware of the presence of Janja and his pack sneaking up from behind making their way through the tall grass.

“There he is.” Janja commented to his crew. “That crazy old monkey don't stand a chance against us!”

“Yeah.” Chungu agreed while laughing hysterically.

“Janja, you think we should keep a lookout for the Lion and Pony Guard?” Cheezi rightfully expressed in concern.

Janja thinking that this will go the way it’s supposed was quick to dismiss it to the sky. “Nah! They don't stand a chance, either. We got 'em outnumbered, remember? Now, come on!”

The hyenas make their move while slowly approaching the elderly mandrill without making a sound. As they are doing so, a branch carrying fire on it falls down onto the dry grass from afar.

Walking walking towards Rafiki, Cheezi is the first to notice while the other’s eyes were more focused on the target. “Janja, that fire's heading this way!”

Janja remained unfazed with this in light. “Don't worry, fur brain, that's part of Scar's plan. We'll be halfway home before that fire gets here.

“But, uh...”

“Shh! I'm talking, fur-brains! We're gettin' close! Now spread out.” The whole clan did as they were told with no further words spoken and no more questions asked by spreading around from behind the tall rocks. And once they were all in position, he gave the command. “Now!“

Rafiki at that moment sensed their presence with one open eye before grabbing his staff and leaping up in the air with a karate fighting stance.

“What?” Janja stuttered in shock having already underestimated their more competent opponent.

Once he leaped down to lower ground, he wasted no time in taking action by punching and kicking every hyenas that come after him left and right much like he did to the hyenas back in the Battle for Pride Rock including back handing Janja right in the jaw.

Upon recovering from the attack, Janja was able to see what he was not expecting coming in his direction. “All the Pony Guard is here? This is not going the way it's supposed to!”


Elsewhere, the crocodiles have all moved to surround King Simba from behind all without making a sound in the tall grass as he has his lunch like nothing is going on around him. They were all very careful not to give any warning so they can assassinate him again. With the Lion and Pony Guard not around to stop them again, they feel confident that he’ll never know what hit him by the time it happened. They all got themselves in position to pounce all at once and from behind when…

...Simba’s eyes open as he sensed a single pebble from nearby being moved from afar who moved to bare his teeth and claws while growling in response to what’s sneaking up from behind just when the crocodiles leaped forward to make their move.

Acting quick he flipped around and tackled all of the crocs when he leaped over them and slammed them down onto the ground before leaping off of them so he can face them eye to eye.

“Kiburi!”

“Simba!”

“I see that you and your float have returned!” He looked on with a look of pure anger at treacherous enemies trying to ambush him again. “That was a mistake.”

“Oh you think?” Kiburi arrogantly returned.

“Yes, because I banished you from the Pride Lands. And you know the penalty for returning here!”

“Oh is that right? Because last time we saw each other I remember you never said a word of what would happen if I did try to come back. So therefore, I don’t know what in the name of the Pride Lands is in store for me should I and did return.”

“I see. So this is how it’s going to be huh?” Simba got himself into a charging stance. “Want to do this the hard way, fine!”

Kiburi was quick to take up the challenge as he charged at the lion king at the same time he charged at him leading the two to wrestle on their hind legs in a locked arm wrestle match while the other crocs cheered their leader on.


Back with the jackals, Tamaa’s on spot voice acting has got them terrified out of their minds.

“Don't let those jackals get away, Fuli!” Kion’s voice stated.

“Do not worry, Kion! I will run circles around them!” Fuli’s voice spoke like she is assuring Kion that she’ll make sure of that much to their paralyzing fright.

“Chase them my way, Fuli! I'll stomp on them!” Beshte’s voice spoke next leading to Goigoi to cover his eyes in fright.

“I hate gettin' stomped!”

“Rainbow Dash, Sunset Shimmer, sic ‘em!” Twilight’s voice spoke next.

“On it!”

"With pleasure!"

Both Rainbow and Sunset’s voice spoke up as the jackals were all dropping to the ground to avoid getting their heads cut off.

“We got them surrounded now, Twilight!” Applejack’s voice spoke up.

“All right, you jackals! I've got no choice but to use my roar!” Kion’s voice now spoke thus maximizing their fear levels.

“Everybody brace yourself!” Reirei alerted everyone while ducking for cover.

“Here it comes. Roar!”

Reirei opened her eyes and looked over her head after realizing nothing had happened. “Funny. I thought we'd be flying ears over tail by now.”

Goigoi after opening his eyes and looking around is left surprised nothing happened to. “Ya. You think maybe Kion's losin' his touch?”

Reirei looked around and spotted the true source lurking in the branches. “Not hardly.” She growled upon realizing the deception before sneaking up from behind.

Feeling he’s got them fooled Tamaa took the time to chuckle to himself with how well he’s been succeeding at it. “These jackals are such pushovers! I wish I could see their faces!”

But suddenly he found himself getting suddenly pounced on by Reirei who let out a terrified yell when landing on the ground. “Guess what, birdie? Your wish just came true!”

“Sorry! Don't eat me!” The bird begged for mercy. “It...It was all in fun! Just ask K...Kion!

“Kion?” Reirei was now furious. “He tricked us. That means the whole entire Lion and Pony Guard must be going after Kiburi and Janjai! Come on! We gotta get a'goin'!”

The jackals quickly ran off ahead so they back them up all while letting Tamaa go who wasted no time in getting back up in flight.

“And I have to warn the Lion and Pony Guard!”

But before he could do so he found himself trapped in a sphere of magic courtesy of Scar himself appearing before him.

“Oh, I don’t think that will be necessary, Tamaa.” He said to him while emerging from the bushes much to the bird’s horrified terror. “After all, I have a better surprise I want to them to find out themselves and you’re the perfect bird to pass the message to them.”

“Okay. But think maybe you could just tell me so I can pass along whatever message you want to tell Kion and Twilight? That will it’ll be easier for the both of us.” Tamaa hopefully asked while trying to wonder why he is being held captive.

Scar chuckled malevolently in response. “Oh, no, no, no, no, no, Tamaa. You misunderstood me. This is something I want to tell the Lion and Pony Guard personally…”

Tamaa nervously gulped while squawking in fright with what his merciless foe is doing now as he points a single claw at his forehead like a gun. "Wow, If I didn't know better I uh...think I'm in the middle of something. I mean there's really no need to..!"


Back at Mapongo Cliffs, the Pony Guard has arrived to confront Janja and his hyenas at the same time Lion Guard arrived to confront Kiburi and his crocs.

“Till the Pride Lands and Equestria’s end…”

“Lion and Pony Guard defend!”

Both parties wasted no time in tackling their opponents with Kion and his crew taking on the crocodiles watching on while Twilight and the other ponies taking on the entire hyena brigade.

Upon seeing the Pony Guard arrive on the scene, Rafiki felt like he can relax now. “Ah, that was fun. But it feels good to take a break.” Even with closed eyes, Rafiki effortlessly kicked Cheezi to the ground.

With the whole Guard there on both sides, they were all able to kick butt on the whole hyena and crocodile clan in synchronized fashion like they always do, thus leaving their opponents woefully unmatched like before. It even got to the point Janja decided enough is enough and tried to flee.

“That does it! I'm outta here!”

“Twilight! Janja’s getting away!” Rainbow alerted.

“Not for long!” She stated while going after him herself.

While trying to use the nearby fire for cover for his escape, a mighty roar is heard is Scar himself popped out from the fire to intercept him in his tracks. “Where do you think you're going, coward?”

Seeing Scar here himself had taken the hyena off-guard. “Scar, what are you doing here?

“Making sure you don't ruin the plan. Now go back there and fight!

“But, they got us outnumbered!” Janja protested.

Scar remained calm and assured even with this in light. “Not for long.”

Just then Janja got struck down by Twilight herself when she managed to find him. But just before she rush over to force him to concede to defeat she found herself knocked aside when she was attacked by a fire blast courtesy of Scar knocking her to the ground. She barely had time to get herself before being knocked aside by another fiery attack from Scar again. She then had to teleport away to avoid getting further blindsided by the fiery lion before braving the cover to resume their duel on much equal footing.

At the same time Rainbow Dash spotted something that deserves some attention. “Twilight! More Outsiders coming our way!” She alerted just when she saw the jackals coming their way.

“Get the rest of the Guard together!” She ordered before resuming her duel with Scar. “Keep them at bay!”


But at the same time while Simba and Kiburi were still dueling in a dead-lock arm wrestling match which is slowly going in the former’s favor as he was able to finally force the latter back and moved to go for the tackle and the pin. But Kiburi was quick on his back legs to force the lion king off of him by flipping him onto the ground and off of his body before making another mad dash towards his opponent while he is still down.

As Simba recovered from the tumble he saw Kiburi leap out and managed pounce on him just as he stood up. But Simba being the stronger fighter of the two managed to force the crocodile off of him and slammed his head down onto the ground. With that he had managed to subdue his attacker in a choke hold.

Just as the Lion Guard were managing to subdue the other crocs, Ono managed to spot something with his keen sight and it was something he was not expecting. “Hapana! Kion! More Outsiders are coming are way!”

Kion managed to turn his head on over where Ono is looking at and spotted the jackals are also coming their way. “Lion Guard, with me!”

“But we're just about to win!” Bunga pointed out before seeing the incoming jackals. “Or maybe not.”

“Come on! Regroup with Kion!” Fuli ordered of the rest of the Guard as Kion moved to do the same.

But just as Kion was about to the same, he was caught in a blindsided fire attack that knocked him down into the ground.

“Kion!” Simba yelled out in concern just after choking the croc into unconsciousness when he refused to surrender.

But just when he moved to check up on his son he was forced back by another blast of fire which he narrowly avoided. Said attack came from his evil uncle himself hovering in the air in his fiery glory who smirked at him as evilly as always towards his nephew.

“Scar!” Simba snarled with a furious glare.

“Simba!”


At Mapingo Cliffs, Applejack was quick to alert Rafiki who is currently meditating at the moment. “Rafiki? You probably might wanna stop meditating now.”

“Is the fight still going on?” He asked with his eyes still closed.

“Actually, it's about to get worse.” Rainbow replied just as the jackals have regrouped with both the hyenas and jackals and are now standing opposite from the Guard on both battlefields.

“Very worse, Rainbow Dash, because as you can plainly see you’re all outnumbered again.” Scar commented to the Pegasus before focusing his attention to everyone present while effortlessly reflecting Twilight’s attacks away from him. “Greetings, Simba, Lion and Pony Guard. I can see you all have managed put things together with what you see before your very eyes. So how about you make this easy for yourselves by handing over Rafiki and Simba so that everyone else all walks out of here unharmed. If not then I guess we’ll have to this the hard way and someone gets hurt because of you.”

“Then I guess we’ll have to do this the hard way because we ain’t backing down from this one, Scar.” Applejack firmly stated.

“Took the words right out of my mouth, Applejack. The hard way it is.” Twilight commented in approval while voicing her stance on the matter.

“Yeah! I pick the hard way!” Bunga agreed with pounded fists knuckled together ready for that fight.

“I’m with you, Bunga! The hard way.” Kion stated just after recovering from his grand-uncle’s attack.

“So am I!”

“Me too!”

Both Kyoga and Fluttershy chimed up in agreement.

“Me three!”

“Me four!”

Rainbow and Pinkie both stated as the former also pounded her hooves together and the latter giggled then growled seriously.

“Poa.”

“Let’s do this.”

“Yeah.”

“Affirmative.”

Beshte, Rarity, Fuli, Ono replied while following suit.

Rafiki jumped into a fighting stance as he got ready to fight too. “Very well.”

"Do your worst!" Sunset definatly stated to the fiery ringleader.

“Bring it on, Scar!” Simba stated with fierce determination at his arch-nemesis.

“Everyone...”

“Till the Pride Lands and Equestria’s end…”

“Lion and Pony Guard defend!”

Both sides charged at each other at the exact same time Twilight, Kion, and Simba all resumed their duel with Scar at both locations.


At Mapingo Cliffs, the head to head duel between Janja and Rainbow went down with the former being knocked and sent flying backwards given the super speed the latter was going right back at him. The duel between Reirei and Applejack was also short-lived due to the latter managing to kick the jackal off of her legs in quick succession followed by Sunset overpowering Starlight after a heated magic beam of war battle.

Rarity when faced with three hyenas coming her way was quick to do a front flip before knocking the three aside in quick succession with her three precise karate-style hits at once with Pinkie Pie following it up by bouncing on each and every one of them like their backs are turtle shells. Then Sunset Shimmer leaps into the mix and worked her magic into sending multiple fire balls and knock them all away before any of them could recover and fight back

One of the jackals got into a stare down with Fluttershy with the former trying to maintain and stand his ground against the latter’s scowl before trying to lunge at her. She managed to dodge it with her tail kicking up the jackal’s tail instead causing him to bite it instead. With a swift whip and crack of her long pink tail she sent her attempted attacker flying right into range of Rafiki’s staff who whacked him right into both Janja and Reirei who have both just recovered from the blows they had endured.

At the same time the deadlock battle between Twilight and Scar resumed with the former working her magic in trying to extinguish the latter’s firepower. Between his quick and swift maneuvers the former was still giving the alicorn princess a hard time since his firepower is hard to repel. The two traded off magical and fire blasts as they flew and ran beside each other trying to land blows on each other.

At one point, Twilight managed to use her fire power to power herself up into unleashing an attack that swiftly put out the lion’s flames with dirt blown in his direction while punching the latter out when he regained his eyesight. But Scar being quick to regain his ground quickly knocked the alicorn off of her hooves and then sent another fire blast that connected and hit her square in the chest causing her to drop down in pain. And after regaining his fiery form he quickly ensnared the pony with fiery coils from head to toe leaving her very little wiggle room to break herself from the half alicorn’s grasp.

“NO!” She screamed while being singed and restrained.

"Twilight!" Sunset tried to rush on over to her aid only to be blasted aside by Starlight herself who took wicked joy in being able to get payback against her.

"Sorry, Sunny, but Twilight is too busy to accept help requests at this very minute. So in the meantime, prepare to be vaporized." Sunset had to teleport away before getting zapping herself before being able to prepare herself for another battle with the deranged mare herself.


At the same time, Kion while faring better than how he started off, is still struggling against his more experienced foe’s firepower until his father leaped into and tackled on him to keep his enemy away from him. The two lions wrestled onto the ground with bare teeth until Scar managed to strike his nephew with his fiery paw and sent him aside.

While Kion moved to try to keep his evil granduncle away from his father, the rest of the Lion Guard were keeping at their toes in subduing the crocs and jackals. Kyoga was quick on her paws to strike magic at each and every of the three crocs that tried to come at her while Beshte was quick to bowl over them like bowling pins. Fuli was able to use her super speed to knock aside the jackals by swiftly knocking them off of their paws. Sunset was able to work her fiery magic in not only defeating the hyenas that intercepted her but also the jackals giving Fuli a tough time. Bunga was able hold one back by the tail before tricking said jackal into biting his own tail.

“Zuka Zama!”

“Ow!”

Just when Simba had managed to get up on her paws, Kiburi tried to take advantage of this to try to attack him while he is down. But Simba is quick to counter that by swiftly leaping up and slashed his claws right into his face. He then backhanded the croc to send him flying away and landing on his right front limb thus ensuring a swift and brutal defeating injury to the evil croc when he landed.

He then moved to fight is uncle and with a more rigorous offensive drive just before he could start to gain on his son. At the same time Twilight managed to break free from her restrains with she breathed fire in her enemy’s face.

At the exact same time both Twilight and Simba unleashed a series of quick, fast, and aggressive firepower fueled moves (literal in Twilight’s case) in order to force Scar on the defense, all while sweating their heads off from all of that exposure to the warm element. And at the exact same time, both Twilight and Kion unleashed a gusty wind that knocked their opponent away from.

It was there once seeing that things were looking up for the heroes, Janja and Reirei have decided they have done enough for the day.

“All right, all right, enough!”

“We surrender.”

“Good! Now get out of the Pride Lands!”

“And by out, I mean stay out!”

“For good!”

The hyenas, jackals, and crocs (with two moving to assist Kiburi on his legs due to his injury before limping away from the scene while huddling over to Scar. Despite the Lion and Pony Guard being able to fend off his army, Scar still felt content with what has happened before giving a respectful look to the three leaders with only this to say.

“Thank you for playing.” He then chuckled before disappearing with his army from both areas in a flash of fire while swiftly knocking everyone off of their paws and feet all while swiftly putting out the fires that were going on around them during their battle.

“Phew! That’s a relief.” Applejack commented feeling pleased.

“I’ll say.” Rarity agreed.

“You know one good thing about the hyenas and jackals fighting together?” Bunga asked Beshte.

“What’s that Little B?”

“Watching them run off together!”

“That is so true.” Kyoga smiled knowing that’s so true.

“Thank you, Pony Guard.” Rafiki said to the ponies in gratitude. “It has been a long time since I embraced my inner warrior.”

“And I am very glad to have the Lion Guard by my side today.” Simba then said to his son and his team equally grateful for what they did just now.

“Our pleasure.”

“Glad we could help.”

"Anything for the king of the Pride Lands himself. Speaking of which..."

Both Rarity, Fluttershy, Sunset returned warmly though the latter started thinking as she turned to regroup with Kion and Twilight.

“I’m glad we got to got kick some enemy butt big time!” Rainbow relished and cheered while giving some swift air punches in a victorious manner. “Wouldn’t you agree, Twilight?”

“I sure would.” Fuli chimed in to agree herself. “It sure was fun! Right, Kion?”

“Twilight?”

“Kion?”

Both leaders of the Lion and Pony Guard were still feeling puzzled despite holding their own against Scar today something that Sunset was the first to pick up why.

“Huh?” They said at the exact same time in separate locations.

“What has you looking so confused, young Twilight?”

“Everything okay, son?”

“I wish I knew, Dad.”

“From Scar being here, from being able to hold my own a bit better than before against him. Something just doesn’t add up here.”

"Like this wasn't it!" Sunset also deduced before her heart rate started climbing when she thought of something of what the answer really is.

Just then, Scar appeared before the Lion and Pony Guard in his fiery form with something he forgot to say before fleeing alongside his army before disappearing for good. “Well done, Twilight, Kion, Simba, Lion and Pony Guard. Unfortunately for all of you, I kept you all busy just long enough.”

“Keep us busy…”

“From what…?”

Both leaders thought before gasping in horror when the thought struck them thus spurring them flying off at high speed towards the portal near Pride Rock with the others following after them as quickly as they can possibly be with Sunset working up her fiery magic to propel herself to keep pace with two.


Their quick flying and running had them bursting through the doors heading into the Canterlot Castle where the three were the first to slam open the doors with a sense of urgent worry.

“Celestia, Luna!”

“Mom! Kiara!”

"Where are you?!"

They noticed all of the guards defeated and bruised which only served to further increase their heart-rate and anxiety-filled worry.

“Are you all okay?!”

“What happened to…?”

"Celestia? Celestia?!"

The three gasped in horror with what they saw before them…

Princess Cadance herself lying down on the floor lifelessly alongside Celestia and Shining Armor.

“Hevi Kabisa!”

“CADANCE! SHINING ARMOR! CELESTIA!”

"Oh, no!"

The others arrived on the scene could only look on in horror with what they just saw along with the seeing whole throne room all trashed up with scorch marks all around the area.

“What happened?! Who did this?!” Simba urgently asked Luna who along with Nala and Kiara are all here but unharmed but clearly shaken.

“Scar happened. He did this.” Luna replied solemnly with a tone filled with regret with how this happened herself. “Along with Starlight Glimmer by his side.”

Just then while a devastated and tear-filled Twilight was hugging the lifeless bodies of her family, Scar appeared before everyone once more with another thing he needed to say again. “Almost forgot, here…” He tosses to them Tamaa who like the ponies dropped dead to the ground lifelessly with a hole on the top of his forehead from having bled to death, much to Fluttershy’s devastation that another one of her Pride Lander friends is now gone along with Sunset's burning fury that this all happened. “Sorry, Twilight.” He callously remarked without remorse before disappearing for good, not that Twilight could muster the anger and firepower to confront him right now. Not after what he just did to her...

Author's Note:

Here in the penultimate episode of Season 5, we have the Army of Scar going toe to toe with the Lion and Pony Guard again, and this time they split up with various groups attacking separate areas in the Pride Lands. And for starters, yes with all things considered there are more Outsiders with Starlight in the mix. And much like in canon Tamaa makes his return to help the Lion and Pony Guard.

With these adjustments, more fights, more action, a new angle from Scar engaging in some Kansas City Shuffling in his latest Batman Gambit, and more drama leading to a shocking conclusion from the aftermath of the ending fight leading to bigger stakes in store with the season finale up next which I hope to have ready as early as Thanksgiving and no longer than the end of the month. So stay tuned as Season 5 is finally about to come to an end.

PreviousChapters Next