• Published 16th Sep 2012
  • 4,694 Views, 219 Comments

The Vanishing Star - NocturneD85



Twilight Sparkle finds her brother that she has not seen for more than 20 years. She wants to reunite the family but then realizes it was probably not the best idea. Her brother still never forgiven the family for what they did to him years ago..

  • ...
24
 219
 4,694

Chapter 19

My eyes really started to strain. Guess those pills did not work after all. With a simple rub to my eyes some of the pain circulated away. All once I looked upon the night princess who just stood there in the courtyard below my chamber terrace. She stood near the well carved water fountain. Next she slowly dipped her royal hoof into the water. With a sudden jerk from her foreleg she pulled back maybe because it was cold or something. Then she stood still. Her perfect blue eyes focused on the water as her horn emitted a glow. My eyes were glued to the water in the fountain, a small hose shaped serpent made of liquid started to dance.

I don't why but I decided to watch a little more. The peace was calming my thoughts down yet still Lorenzo was batting his way to the top. Maybe I'm just paranoid. This whole trip back to Canterlot was nothing but a big train wreck and not helping me relax. If anything I might end up getting a heart attack once the week is through. Stupid assumption? Yes.

I kept watching and made myself fascinated by it. No strain while trying to do, no scrunching, no teeth grinding. It just came naturally like an easy river. Why princess Luna was doing this? No idea. Maybe entertaining herself. I'd be bored too if I was in this place with too many responsibilities. Matter of fact I wonder how my brother can even do his job if it were more like this without blowing his brains out from sheer boredom. Everything here is too formal and stuck in a time warp. Outside the palace walls was where the real world was.

Beyond the bright and white walls rests the real civilization. The one that I truly belong to. The main family on the other hand just want to make sure that Equestria stands up straight. From Celestia's little story the Sparkle family were just advisors, more like a chaperon just to help and give the princess advice. Sure maybe in her youth at starting out but now it just does not seem like she just keeps them around because its tradition. Maybe to show her appreciation she gave them that kind of power? Or just to make them feel important?

"Why hello up there." I heard a voice from below. I looked down, the princess of the night was indeed looking up at me. Her little magic show was over as the water snake plopped back into the fountain to make a tiny splash.

I blinked. Looked around to see who she might be referring to but then I figured it had to be me anyway. No pony else was on their terrace let alone no pony else in the courtyard below. I looked down and put on a smile, "Oh hello princess. Er...lovely day?"

"Indeed Mr. Fade away." Said princess Luna in a formal yet endearing tone.

"So... Uh what brings you out here?" I asked. I propped my elbows on the terrace railing and hoofs pressed up against my cheeks showing that I was a bit bored.

She simply answered. "I finished my night court hours ago. I like to spend a few hours to myself before I turn in for the day." Sounds reasonable. Then again, straight from the horse's mouth that she does indeed sleep during the day while Celestia rules then the shift changes. Somehow, I could feel that Luna was getting the raw end of the deal.

"How was last night's court then?" I tried to make friendly conversation.

"Oh. Listen to the ponies who did not have a chance to talk to my sister during her day court. Got to hear the first drafts of presentations before they are fully ready to show to my sister. then put a good word in if we think its worthy. Sign off on a few things." Luna tried to make it sound pleasant but the strain in her explanation made it seem like she was bored.

"So in other words. You don't get to see alot of productivity of what makes this nation work." I put it bluntly.

"Oh Mr. Fade Away, it depends on the day." Slowly he she spaced, "But mostly yes."

"Ever get bored?" I tilted my head.

The princess of the night sighed after I asked that question. Some of you would think I should quickly apologize and withdraw my question. But seeing what this place is, no wonder every pony always hang outside the palace. Don't get me wrong I'm sure this place has its merits if Twilight said she spent a pretty good chunk of her life here. Then that kind of worried me.

Luna finally answered, "It has its moments." Just then she extended her hoof out to let a sweet little bird land on it. It chirped happily and fluttered its little wings.

I sighed, "Sorry for bothering you then."

"Oh no. No no." She shook her head and gave a little smile, "We're honored. Not everyday we talk with a modern Prometheus ourselves." That really wasn't the first time I heard someone refer to me as Prometheus. Sure the award made me more noticeable than I really am. "So what do you have planned for the evening?"

So the princess did want to engage in conversation? Guess it is boring around here after all. So I politely replied, "I plan on visiting a relative today that I did not see last night. Was... Actually hoping she would be there to watch me give a presentation."

"We're sorry to hear that then." Luna apologized. "Did your presentation go well?"

I sighed and shook my head, "I did not even bother giving it."

"Why not?" She asked.

"Because I don't think it was worth the time showing something to a bunch of ponies who just sit on their plots and judge if my work is worthy of getting a bigger cut of some fortune." I lowered my head, setting my chin on the railing. "I don't even know why I went. Or even bothered."

"Are you not happy with your visit?" She showed some concern that I was unhappy.

"Oh no. No." I tried to wave it off but then I hated lying to myself. I turned my head to avoid eye contact with the princess. "Yes..."

"Not much for ceremonies?" She asked. "Yes Tia tells us that you are on the fence about your award you were given. You tried to give it to a more deserving pony and she turned down your offer." She smiled, "Very noble of you to consider recognition for other inventors. I heard a lot about Dr. Lucrecia Sparkle from my sister, it's too bad she retired from the gifted school."

I sighed again, "I heard she had her reasons. But when I was growing up, she really was the best teacher."

"I'm sure she was." Luna nodded in approval.

"She was actually my teacher for a bit." I gave a happy little chuckle.

"And I'm glad you taught a fine young pony like you." She nodded. Her eyes wandered and smiled.

I knew what she wanted to say. I waved my hoof, "Alright princess you can say it. My attitude stinks."

She gasped lightly, but playfully, "Oh Mr. Fade Away I never mentioned anything about your attitude."

"Uh huh." I raised an eyebrow.

"Well... Okay maybe you can be rather a bit... I don't want to say unprofessional but it seems like you let some things bother you." Luna tapped her chin, "I know you try to put your opinion on affairs but then you tend to go over the top with reasoning. Not to say that it was uncalled for when you argued with the captain but lately things have changed. While my sister says it's for the best, I say it's for the worse."

"Is it about my sister?" I frowned.

"I can't make that call." Luna frowned.

"Don't think I can make that either honestly." I admitted. Honestly, I don't know what my sister's business is. I really did not even bother to make contact with her but yet I still followed her success through newspapers. But still, Twilight had a mouth on her if you ask her about a certain topic. She goes on and on, me being her brother and just discovered I pay attention... Mostly. I shifted my shoulders, "I won't tell if you won't."

"Understandable." Luna nodded, "By the way... Tell your grandmother I said hi if you ever see her again Vanishing Star."

"Underst... Wait how'd you know?" I panicked.

"I'm the princess of the night. I can peer into dreams... even day dreams..." She smirked, "Which you were doing a lot of lately ever since you arrived here."

"So.. uh... I... guess I..." I never really wanted to really expand the idea of me being Vanishing Star more than I needed to be, yet going to the ball last night was a stupid idea.

Then her serious tone went back to a charming one, "That and you technically said it yourself about Twilight."

I slammed my head into the terrace railing. How stupid was I?

"I won't tell if you won't." She smiled. "I honestly don't blame you for trying to make peace with your former family. Personally I'm disgusted how they treated you..."

"I made peace with who I wanted to. What comes of the others I don't care." I frowned.

"Are you sure?" She frowned.

"Pretty sure..." I rolled my eyes.

"I was talking about making peace with yourself." She sat her plot on the green grass.

I narrowed my eyes down to the princess, "Peace with myself you say? "Okay you're officially creeping me out princess." I put it bluntly.

"I get that alot lately." She nodded. Strange, normally one would feel offended.

"Yeah... Sorry I better get going." I rubbed the back of my head, "Say did you see a white unicorn with dark long hair, hobbling around on three legs and has a ninja scroll like cutie mark?"

"I believe a pony that fits that description is with young Twilight Sparkle now if you catch up to them in the marketplace." Luna gave an approving nod. "You seem very close to him yes?"

I nodded, have to admit he actually is important to me. The little brother I want to watch out for but yet still needs advice on some things. We did spend a lot of time together to be honest, probably faster than any pony I knew. The brother I kind of always wanted yet some pony to learn from. If anything, we taught each other something... I have a lot of faith in him just like how I hear that Celestia puts so much faith in my sister. Which... when the day does come if he does decide to leave the company of myself, Swan and my parents.. It's going to hurt. Like seeing your sibling grow up before your eyes and ready to set out in the world.

"I want to put his new fore leg on him. Kind of sad that he's running around on three legs." Sad but true. Pains me to see a strong-willed pony like him hobble around like that. Let alone, remembering where I found him where he only had two. Strange fate that after I met a much younger version of himself back at the embassy that I would find him in an alleyway. Cut down on his pride and pretty much seemed like he lost everything. Or I assume everything. "Marketplace you say? Right out there or the one further down town?"

"Not sure which one per say." Luna tapped her chin.

"I'll just give him a buzz and have him meet me somewhere then." I mumbled to myself. I waved back to the princess, "Thank you for talking with me princess. I uh... apologize if I came off... weird..."

"No. It's alright." Luna then finally put a very friendly smile on her face, "We hope to share a better conversation sometime soon."

"Same here." I smirked. I waved good-bye.

"Before you go... Fade... Or Van whatever you go by..." Luna managed to sneak something else in, "I don't care how much time Lorenzo put into his research... Whither he was on the discovery of curing cancer or becoming one like myself and my sister. He might have a lot of supporters from all around To me... he'll be an alicorn in name only..."

Excuse me while I shiver in fright. Or nearly piss myself but talking with princess Luna, just makes you feel uncertain. I was so used to talking professionally but, talking to her I just tend to stumble and mess up. Hell I don't know even know if the pony I was talking to was even a pony. Sure a goddess they claim but... a sense of uncertainty I have when I'm around people like that. My eyes were straining just by looking at her. But alas her distaste in Lorenzo's discovery was no surprise, I know Cadence is probably scared and confused. While princess Celestia... who knows what's going on in her head as I saw her with disapproving eyes. But... she was willing to give Lorenzo a test to see if he was worthy.



I grabbed the suitcase with the new foreleg limb and made my way outside the castle. Tex and Betsy were going to check out the children at the orphanage again. From what I heard they were narrowing down their choices as much as they could. I feel better about myself of those two giving this another go, they were pretty youthful when they picked me up. I think they got another good decade and a half left in them to share love. Okay... My stupid thinking, love is eternal no matter the age. Love comes in many forms and plays in a lot of roles.

"Honey wait up!" Yup that belonged to my Swan alright. I turned my head to see her flying towards me then landed gracefully. Her eyes reached mine, I could never get tired of those jewels. "Fade Away where do you plan on going today?"

I kept it straight and ordinary, "I just want to visit Dr. Lucrecia and meet up with Ghendi there."

"Dr. Lucrecia Sparkle?" Her eyebrows raised, "The one that you tried to give your medal to?"

"Yup. Sweet old mare, I promised to give her a visit during my time here." I smiled. I at least owed it to grandma how my invention works with an easy presentation. Just the three of us. Grandma, Ghendi and me. That's right, just us three. Three. You know the number that's between two and four. Yeah that's three. Three is a crowd. Three. Three. Three.

"Um... Honey if it's alright with you... um... We did not really spent a lot of time with each other since last night. And..." Swan I knew was driving at something.

Yup... Three.. Three. I can count to three. Want to hear? One, two, three.

"Can I come too?" She asked. "I never got to meet Dr. Lucrecia to have a one on one discussion. I was hoping she would have been at the party last night."

"Well I kind of wanted to sit a one on one myself with her." I lied, "And I really don't want to exceed the invitation by bringing more than what was promised."

She stood there. Guys, you know when your girlfriend, wife or fiancee can tell that you were lying and full of crap? Well, nothing really gets passed Swan as she could smell out that lie. Let alone she does not like being left out of anything if it meant to talk to another important pony.

"So instead of bringing your fiancee you bring Ghendi as your guest?" She raised an eyebrow. And not in the way where it raises when she finds something odd. This one she raises when she feels like she's being cheated with.

"Well yeah..." I frowned, "How else am I going to attach the fore leg?"

"Fade..." She looked at me. I hate seeing her this way, everything we had planned here together always ended up turning to shit. The fight back at the banquet hall, then back at the house, then at the villa the other night. "It's just... Can I please go?"

"Sure..." I said... DOH!

She gave me a kiss on the lips. "Thank you so much baby. I swear I'll be good, just let me grab Synn and we can go." Good because I don't want a little colt to be in the castle by himself with a weirdo taking a test. No offense but the system does not work when you want it to.

"Alright." I nodded, "I'll be waiting here." I said.

Van... you are such a pushover...

"Shut up..." I muttered to myself.

...

Sorry thought some pony was watching me for a second. Then again, with the crazy stuff going around here I would not be surprised. Originally I was just going to cloak myself again and just wander to find my grandmother's house. Swan easily soothed her way in so that plan was not going to go well.

...

Sorry there it was again... That feeling... I winced a little to ease the pain in my eyes but it was not doing it. Felt like a nerve was pumping in the side of my head, on my right side to be exact. My put my hoof to the area that was hurting and rubbed it a little. Felt like something was trying to hammer itself out of my head. Every little sound made my head feel a bit worse. From the guards shouting orders to other guards to even the little bird chirping on the small statue not far from me.

Ugh...

Sorry I normally don't get these headaches unless I'm under severe stress. The whole thing with Lorenzo really did not please me one bit. Probably the thing that bit the last nerve for me.

Swan would eventually come back with Synn in tow. We were about to set off until Swan was followed by two royal guards that were assigned to be our escorts. Ever since last night, I really did seem paranoid to the princess with my evidence of Lorenzo flying around. Still I don't quite feel as comfortable having two tough looking armor clad stallions beside me just to feel safe. One of them named Zack; an blue earth pony with a dark spiky mane while other pony was named Tidus, he looked a little more youthful than the other one. He was a pegasus and was a lighter shade of blue and had more of a blondish spiked mane. Man these guys must have the same hair stylist as Ghendi or something. I mean look at it... Sp... You know what I'm derailing the story long enough... Maybe I should set up a tea party?

The walk to sweet old grandmother's house was not a long one. Every pony knows of Dr. Lucrecia from what I heard and I'm glad she's still well known. We rode on carriage, I sat near the window. Swan sat by the other window and had Synn between us who still looked a bit tired. I reached for him, slithered my fore leg around his shoulder and gently pulled him in. His small head rested on my stomach and told him it was okay to shut his eyes for a few moments. To let the fur on his cheek touch mine, he was warm and full of life. Like he should be. Swan scooted over some towards me to be in on the feeling.

"Aye, cute kid. Is he yours?" The dark-haired stallion asked. He was pretty friendly I admit but reeks of over confidence.

I glided my hoof over Synn's short blue mane. I glanced away from the young unicorn and looked straight at the guard who introduced himself as Zack. "No... But I really wouldn't mind it."

"I would not mind it either." Swan gently added.

"Congrats on the wedding coming up Mr. Fade Away and Miss Swan Song." Tidus smiled, but added a little more enthusiasm by needing to thrust his fore leg into the air to show excitement.

I nodded in approval. Swan said her thanks, "Thank you. Our trip here in Canterlot has been quite enjoyable so far. A few detours here and there but still we're enjoying ourselves."

"Well that's great to hear ma'am." Tidus happily smirked.

"Hey Mr. Fade Away uh... Would you mind signing an autograph for my friend? Eh she's..." Zack was rubbing the back of his neck and tumbling over his words. "She's a fan of your product because she likes to use it to look up different types of flowers. She keeps everything on there actually... and... She runs a flower shop so..."

"So just an autograph then?" I levitated a pen in front of my face. "What's her name by the way?"

Zack then pulled out a small notebook that appeared to be pink for some reason. I was not going to question it, probably from his friend that he wanted to impress I guess. "Her name is Aerith, uh spell A-e-r-i-t-h."

I started to jot down a little message for his friend. "To Areith, thank you for your support of Equestria's progression. Many wishes with your flower business. Your friend, V.P. Fade Away." I tapped the paper to mark a period. Then handed the notebook back to the eager guard. "There you go. Wish your friend's business luck."

"A special friend huh?" Swan chuckled.

Zack suddenly blushed. Tidus was elbowing him for funny business. "Oh he's been working on her for awhile now."

"Well now." I chuckled, "Better get her before its too late."

"Aye..." Zack scratched his cheek.

"You know for royal guards you two seem rather cheery than the usual stone cold guards we seen all over." Swan raised a good point. These two were rather different and full of life compared to the others.

"Well... uh." Tidus chuckled as if he were embarrassed, "We transferred in a while back and ever since the changeling attack we pretty much never got the full welcome ever since we got here. Just got off the train, told our positions based on our past work and pretty much let loose. Got to work under captain Shining Armor for a bit. Matter of fact he assigned us to escort you."

My eyes rolled once I heard my brother's name. "Well I hope the captain is treating you two well then."

"Oh he is." Tidus nodded his head, "Pretty cool guy once you get to know him." Don't think my eyes can roll any higher. Let me check. "Though I heard he got himself into a scuffle a couple of nights ago."

"Oh really?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Heard he got into a fight with some pony who disrespect-ed him and his family. Might have flirted with princess Cadenza but he beat up the pony pretty good." Tidus smiled.

"Uh huh..." I frowned.

"Strange thing is I heard that he got into another fight after that with G." Zack added.

"G? Wow I haven't seen him since graduation from the Sleipnir academy. Man he got to work with Commander Hero for all sorts of crazy adventures." Tidus gasped, "Wonder why he got into a fight?"

"I don't know but I heard it was an amazing fig..." Zack stopped himself then looked at Swan and I.

"No, go on." I waved my hoof.

Just then the carriage stopped. "Sorry to cut the conversation short but we're here finally." The driver announced.

"Oh thanks." I craned my head out the window say my thanks. The two guards excused themselves to get out first and hold the door open for us. I looked down at Synn who still was a bit groggy. "Hey sleepy head, we're here now."

"Mmmm..." The little white unicorn stirred. "Really?"

"I'll carry you then sweetie." Cue the mother instincts. Swan gently places the tired unicorn on her back and then stepped out of the carriage. Finally I did as well then looked at the house.

"159 Crescent Street..." I mumbled to myself. The familiar two story villa graced my return. So many memories, so many good times I spent here. Just driving or walking up to the round about driveway paved in finely placed bricks. The water fountain was still active all these years. The marble crafted sea ponies shooting streams of water. I adored this and remembered the times that I tried to make one of my toy boats float in this thing. The ever green grass that flowed from the ground of the front yard made it show that ponies really cared about the welcome.

"My word." Swan gasped, "Doctor Lucrecia must have been one of the best instructors if she could live in a place like this." I looked at the house again, it had that mix of middle age and modern taste to it. From what I understood some of these houses were made from royal building designers and certain ponies were rewarded for their services. What they wanted to do with their houses was their business. Often in my childhood I would look at the other houses and remembered that there were a few scientists that would expand theirs to fit an entire library or alchemy laboratory inside. Oh well, do what they feel like. But what separates these houses from other houses in Canterlot, it uses some of the same material as royal buildings. Not entirely, but some of it. Explains the top notch fountain we looked at a bit ago.

"Yeah, place always seemed huge when I was a kid." I looked upwards to the top floor. A huge circular window stood perfectly centered. That window belonged to the archives my grandma and grandpa managed together over the years. While they had their own rooms to put their personal treasures. This room was to serve as a place to showcase their adventures together. Sometimes I would sneak in here just to look at all the stuff. Sometimes sneak a book from there so I could read a chapter from their many adventures. How envious I was of them, to go out and grace the world to make a difference. Slowly, the window was getting large as I stepped closer and closer until I couldn't see it to the underpass. The front door still the familiar giant red double doors. Sometimes my grandparents threw parties of their own. Then there was the simple front door I was used to walking through, embedded into one of the double doors. Always thought that was paradox when I was younger, a door within a door.

I rang the doorbell. Normally when I was younger I never had to worry about knocking or finding out the door was locked. The door was always open, technically saying my grandparents knew I was a frequent visitor and always welcomed me. I had my room here where I could keep my toys that I did not have to worry about them breaking. Yes this was a second home, preferably a home I'd rather be in. Would not mind if my parents back then were in their mid to late fifties or sixties. Someplace I always felt safe even from all the bad back then.



Another night... Another night that my dad hit me. There are times when it would not hurt as much, then there were times I thought he would set a new record. There was no letting up to please this guy and I have no idea what he wants out of me. Everyday I would be either between criticizing or being knocked upside the head for my stupidity as he would claim it.

What did I do that time? Most of the time, I tried not to think about it because my dad would wail on me. Says how much he put money into my future and wanted me to go down a certain direction only for me to not meet his expectations. Normally a father would tell their son who failed that they were disappointed or try harder next time. Nope, behind closed doors my dad would retaliate with no rational thought. My brother would just go to his room and shoot himself up with nuke while my mom took Twilight into the other room, if she was not passed out already with her big tits hanging out that is.

Often our father-son talk would always about me trying out for the gifted unicorn school. But my grandma said I had potential for other things. My dad would always yell at her and tell her to get over herself about how the school is being run and how much he was more important to the family than she would ever be. There would be times I would see grandma shedding a few tears while we walked together, my grandpa would sooth her whenever she came home. To see your own child turn against you because of potential and favoritism of an opposition can really crumble your self-esteem.

But this time. My dad went overboard.

*THUD*

I hit the wall, well practically bounced off it then slammed into the floor. My head hurt, my eyes could barely focus a few inches ahead of me. All I saw was a big blue blur above me. He used his magic to pick me up my by horn then thrusts me back into the wall again. Those yellow eyes of his were not of a father, no they were of a monster. That monster I was so afraid of everyday when I wake up until I go to bed.

"EVERYTIME YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS! THE MORE I THINK YOU DON'T HAVE A BRAIN IN YOUR HEAD!" Again he slammed me into the wall.

*THUD*

"D..add... ple..." I choked on my tears.

*THUD*

"STOP LISTENING TO YOUR GRANDPARENTS! I'M YOUR FATHER! NOT HIM!"

*THUD*

"NO MORE OF YOUR STUPID LITTLE INVENTIONS! THEY ARE A WASTE OF MY MONEY AND YOUR POTENTIAL!"

*THUD*

"I DON'T CARE IF YOU NEED TO TAKE THE TEST TEN! ONE HUNDRED! OR EVEN A THOUSAND TIMES! I WANT YOU INTO THE GIFTED SCHOOL!

*THUD*

"NO MORE SPENDING TIME WITH THAT OLD BAG!"

*THUD*

"THE FAMILY WANTS WHAT'S BEST!"

*THUD*

*THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD*

And one more for landing...

*THUD*

My dad finished ramming me into the wall next to the growth chart that they were keeping track of us. He picked me up and demanded that I stand up to go wash up and go to the bed. I was walking with a limp up the stairs, my head was killing me and I was gagging up blood. Oh no... if he saw this he would shove my face into the rug and demand me to clean it up. I hurdled up the stairs and into the bathroom. All over my body hurts but I mustered up enough strength to stand up to look at myself in the mirror. I hated what I saw in front of me. An abused child, pretty much cursed to live in a family with high expectations. One of these days he was going to kill me. I turned the water on and thought about washing the dried blood away, the bruises were something I could not do myself. Not magically anyway. What was the point anymore hiding it? I hurried up and went to my room... No... no I was not going to take this crap anymore... I was going to tell some pony.

I put a pillow underneath my covers and hoped it was enough to convince that monster that it was me. I opened up my window and climbed out of it, then closed it. I jumped onto a nearby branch and then climbed down the tree. Almost landed on my back because of all the stress in my joints. Last time I checked, the time was eight thirty something or before nine at night. Canterlot had a curfew going on because of the rowdy teens and worry about the gangs. So I only had one clear shot making it to grandpa and grandma's. I made a dash left, then right, hid in alleyways and behind trash cans. This took way longer than I thought it would but I eventually made it to my grandparents house. On the way my body was killing me. My legs felt like they could break or my spine could snap from anymore running.

I trotted to the front door. Only thing I could do afterwards was cry. I was wet from the light rain that passed by. I rang the doorbell and waited. Nothing... I rang it again. Again and again between ringing and fiercely knocking, crying that I wanted to be let in.

"GRANDPA! GRANDMA! PLEASE!" I cried.

The door opened up finally with a heavenly glow. Instead of my grandparents, their butler at the time Pennyworth looked down at me. A terrible gasp escaped his mouth as asked, "Master Van. What are you doing out here this time of night?!"

I only shook in response. My grandpa called from the next room, "What is it Pennyworth?"

"Master Draco, your grandson is at the door. And he appears to be not well!" Pennyworth broke from his Trottingham accent to tell what was wrong.

"What the hell?! Bring him in!" My grandfather shouted as he raced from the other room. Pennyworth carried me in and set me down on one of the waiting guest couches in the main hallway. "Oh jeez..." He knelt to me and looked over me. "Who did this to you?!"

I turned my head away. He demanded that I answered. He could get really angry and scary himself if some pony does something to ponies he cares about. "My... dad...did..."

It did not take long for my grandma to come to the scene but her reaction was more over the top. Her screaming and holding me while Pennyworth trying to find the medical kit. I looked deep within my grandpa's cold expression and what I saw was not too different from my dad. He too had the same look of a monster, those eyes... those eyes were so filled with rage and confusion, but still I knew my grandpa was a very intelligent pony and knew not to dive in without knowing the facts. But here... I don't know what he would do.

My grandparents drove me to the hospital where I was taken care of. My grandpa made a few calls and... let's say things got pretty nasty for what was about to happen. It did not take too long where the police showed up to ask about a missing child but once they met my grandpa they backed down. Well, not backed down in fright but in higher orders. They knew who he used to be. Then followed in my parents trying to play it cool. My mom tried to rush to my bedside as my dad tried to follow suit. I hid under my covers and told them to go away. I kicked and screamed. The cops were raising eyebrows, my grandparents knew where this was going.

"Just please leave me alone!" I cried.

"Oh... hello you two." Grandma frowned as she was on the other side of my bed. "Nice to see you looking lively." She said with hints of venom.

"Mom this is not the time. I just want to take my boys home." My dad grunted.

"We thought we lost them..." My mom tried to hug me. Sure play it up pretty big mom, can never if my mom was ever serious.

"Oh so you finally put down the bottle to notice then?" My grandma raised an eyebrow.

"Okay I had enough of this shit mom! Just shut up! I'm tired of you judging me and my family because I went along with the others. Right now, I just want to take my son home." My dad growled.

"So you can hit them again?" Grandma growled. "For Faust's sake look at the poor colts! They got bruises! Officers you see this!?"

"They might have gotten them from you!" My mom shouted. That was the last straw from my grandma.

"I don't know why you two keep trying for kids, can barely take care of the ones you have." My grandma kept her dead eye on my mom. "Should call you little miss Carriage."

Zing... Grandma that was cold.

In no time my mom lunged at my grandma trying to jump over my bed. And because of this the force actually turned over my bed to its side and I spilled out of it. Both females tried to pick me up but it forced itself into a fight that both guards had to split them apart. The doctor put me back into my bed and ordered every pony out.

I wish I knew how or why. But this was not the first instance this would happen, for every time my grandparents are suspicious my parents are always baled out of something so they can continue being a benefactor. Probably going to ask why or how I still ended up in those two's custody but they would always still gain ownership of me. Saying that they took parenting classes. What a load...

Then there came this heated argument outside my hospital room between my dad and my grandpa. My grandpa nodded to the guards and officers to back away. Almost like he planned something. I could still hear somehow but my eyes were hurting like crazy.

"Dad. I would appreciate you and mom stop getting in my business. It's over between us." My dad growled.

"You don't realize what they're making you and the others do. You're only a pawn in their little game just they can be praised higher." My grandpa countered, "How the hell do you think this is going to fly with them? Do you really think they want a child hitting asshole representing one of them?"

"You're already filled my kid's head with your typical garbage. I want my family to thrive on the opportunity!" My dad threw his fore legs into the air, "Are you saying you're not proud of the benefit of Twilight maybe being Celestia's protegé. Or Shining Armor being a general one day?"

My grandpa crossed his fore legs, "If she does then good for her. She'll be away from you. Same with Shining Armor, but first he needs to kick that little problem of his."

"We're working on that!" My dad hollered, "Still you did not need to crush his spirit like that!"

My grandpa raised his hoof to me through the window. "And what about them?"

"He's not what they wanted..." My dad said.

"So that gives you the right to treat them the way you do?" My grandpa raised his voice.

"My kids... My way." My dad replied. "It's what they want. Just like how you raised me. Like complete shit."

*Sigh*

And that's when things went sour. The guards were ordered by my grandpa to leave the hallway and lock them in. My door was locked. I don't why my grandpa had that authority or how he got it but he did. My dad and grandpa were the only stallions left in the hallway. My mom was beating fierce against the window in another room, I could see it from across of my window. Then she looked at me. Screaming how she was sorry. My grandma in the room next to her, not evening looking my way. She had her back to the window and refused to watch what would go down. With her magic, she tried to shut the blind down over my window but I tore it off myself because I wanted to look.

My grandpa and dad argued more and more. Until silence hit them. They stared each other down. I was scared that my dad could hurt my grandpa because he was older and had muscle cramps from time to time. I just watched... Then, my grandpa head butted my dad. He would not take that sitting down and punched back. My dad had youth and was in his prime, then slammed my grandpa into a wall over and over. Then my grandpa countered by kicking my dad in the gut, then head butted him again. My grandpa was slower but still had experience on his side. He could dodge most of my dad's kicks and practically knew he moves as he would describe them as basic. My dad would yell at my grandpa how he ruined his childhood. Then my grandpa would counter with telling him that it was tough love then punch him again. My dad threw more careless kicks only for my grandpa to take advantage and counter... My eyes were glued to the window watching this. My grandpa then pinned my dad to the wall and started wailing on him. My dad tried to get his way out but grandpa gave him a few hard kicks then a few more. This was insane.

Then suddenly my dad started to draw blood from his forehead. My grandpa was bleeding from the mouth but he kept on, kicking my dad over and over again. I should have felt happy about this but I really wasn't. The more I looked at the more it was like myself being dominated by my dad. How come no pony is doing anything? Again and again my grandpa was taking down dad another notch. Furniture was flipped over, even the coke machine was busted open.

The fight was finally at its end. My dad was on the ground heaving, my grandpa was still standing above him but was breathing harder. He picked up my dad by his collar, "If I see... a bruise on those kids I will give you one. If I see any blood on them, I'll make sure you bleed. If they break a leg, I will come and break yours. If they get slammed into a wall, I will make sure I put you through one! IF ONE OF THEM DIES! I WILL PERSONALLY KILL YOU!" He hollered into my dad's face.

He gave one last huff. "I'm suing for custody..." Then he threw my dad onto the floor. Just then he ordered the doors to be unlocked again. Quickly doctors came rushing out, guards were trying to keep order. My mom didn't even know where to go, me or my dad. My grandma came walking out of the room, expressionless. Nothing to say.

My mom would yell across the room, "How could you do this to your own son!?"

My grandpa spit out some blood onto the floor then replied, "He quit being my son a long time ago..."

What would happen after that, I cried. I didn't like what happened. I should be happy that my dad got his face busted in but I wasn't. More scared than anything because no where in this entire family was there a decent Sparkle member, maybe save for my little sister but still. I guess... we're naturally violent. My grandpa would file that lawsuit but it would eventually be dropped after my mom and dad went to those classes or whatever, then things got a little better over time. But not for long as the disappointment and criticizing would continue. The hits, were scarce but still there. Grandpa and grandma were still not on terms with my parents but still, the door was open. Mostly for me... Why was I ever born into this family? I hated it here... I hate it here... I hate it here...

I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!

I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!

Í͆̎ͥ̈́̃̊͊̚͏̼͓̬͓͈̟̦͙ ͔̖ͣ̎́Ḫ̷̹̤̥̙̞̾̽̍̄ͮ͋́ͅA͌̒̓҉̱̘̫̖͇̯̥͈T̷̡̘̓̓ͭͨͭ͐͆ͣ͐͞E̴̴̖̫ͮ̃͘ ̳̟̙̯ͪ̔͝͡Į̦̰̩̪̦̙͓̖͊̀͡Ṫ̡̞̙̜́ͮ̾̉ͫ̋!̜̺ͮ̍͊͆͌̒ ̝̘̙̱̠̖̳̱͈ͣͨ̒ͫ́̇Ỉ̷̶̗̥̙̼ͭ̐ͯͨ̂͗̊͠ ͕̩̓ͫ̓̈́̔͒ͣ̄̀H̥̖̦͕̱͍̦̜̠ͨ͆͒͘A̧̰̪̭͎͉̞͉̥͋͗̈ͭ͌ͤ͊͘̕T̡͕̺͕̙͆̊͛̔̉ͩͬ̋̕E̵͚̯͚̖͆̀ͪ̏ͯͣ̌͟͞ ̶̛͇͇̳̟ͪ̑͝ͅI̢̩̦̰̺͙ͧ͘͟T̼͈͋ͣͬ̍̉ͬ̂͆͟͡!̹͕̭͈͇̎ͩ̾͑̏̽́̚͠ ̵̙͈̭̩̯̮̰̬̿̑̔̓̂̾ͣ͢I̡̼͖̱̻͎̼̘̟̤̒ͩ͆̃ͬ ̵̭̲̯͋̔ͦ̄͝Ḩ͕̥ͬ̆͘A̛̙̝̘̼͔ͤͨ͌̋̉͢͞T̨͈̘̅̊͛̀ͭ͌Ḛ̞͉̥̮̥̹̍̉ͩͣ́͜͞ ̷͎̻̬̦̳̪͗̆̕I̞͕ͣ̐̎͟T͎̦̎!̬̳̭̭̺̟͓̩̦͑͐̿̋ͭ͢͞ ͍̜̠̣̰̈̀ͫ͟I͛̆͌̓̌̍ͥ̒͏͕̦͎͉͈̠̼ ̺̣͙͙̪̠̣ͧͩ̽͛͊̽̚H̡̞̫͚̅̌ͥȂ̶̙̬͓̟͎͚̭̉ͩ̃͌̎̔Ţ̵̵̯̬͖́̾͆̈́͑ͮ̌̇ͨͅE̛̱͙̥͓̺̮̖̜͌̅̽͊ ͔̥̮̤̗̞̜̗ͭ̽̉͆I̓ͯ̽̚͏̳̠̩T̶̛͚̳̭̪̯̪͈̹̿̌͑͐͂̄ͪ̚̚!̴̦̯͓ͬ̑̐̅̌ͦͨ ͣ̅͋͋͂̒̔ͣ̋́͏̭͓ͅI̻͔̫̪͍͓͈̘͂̚ ̢̞̖̰̣̙̩̔͐͋̎̍͒̒͞Ḩ̱̥͕̱̠̘̱̪̳ͥ̔͂̉̉ͮͫͫ̂͡A̪̥͈͇ͨͩ͊Ţ̳͒̇ͮͮ͡E̸̼̯̓̅̒̇͘ ͇̍͊ͅỊ̗͔̤̈́̑ͤT̡̹͖̗̱̟͉͂͒̽́̀!̢͇̟̬̦̱̻͓̝͛̃͗̑̅̓ͦ́͜ͅ ̹̘̺ͬ̋̐ͨ̍͗͝Ĩ̮͇͇̣̬̘̘̰̂̔̀͟͟ͅ ̯͇̲̱͚͇̙͕͍͂̇̂͌ͣͯH͖͌Ǎ̧̰̖͇̯͉͔̅̄́͝T̞͚̻͍ͨ͆͗ͬͬ̍̕Ę̥͍ͩ̓͆̐ͤ̕ ̢̤̠̮̠̖̖͈̞ͩͬ̀ͅI̢͚̖͚̬̠̻̺̲ͨ̔̃ͫ̐̈́̍͘T̡̨͖̗̮̲͛!̸̮̤͕͖̘̣̖͖̈́͑͋̆̅ ̷̜̳͕̩̹͕̮̩͑̈̌͑ͦ͊ͮḮ̸̅̿͒͋̂҉̡̬̘͚ ̷̱͚̞̘̳͓͓̥̉̈́̿̒̄̀͘Ȟ̨̧̞̜̼̬̮̖̱̒ͯͦͦ̆ͩḀ̸̫̻ͮ̑͛ͅT̸͇͙̫̭͈̭̙̝̑͒͆̎͆ͧÊ̠͇̣̱̫͈̺ͫͅ ̯͎̱͕͚͐ͦ͂͂̇̒ͭ͝Iͦ͆̎҉̸̯̻T͙̑̈̏̊͂̀ͅ!̷̘̦̏̍ͧͭͮ̌̆̚͠ ̡͖̖̽̓ͭͯ̂͌͗̀I̢̢̞ͩ̑̒̎͊́ ̪̘͚̖̖̼ͮͩ̑̋́ͅḦ͚͓̘̙̈̓̍̋̈́̋̀͢A̳̲͕̠̳̫̫̠̽̿̍̃͝T̏̔̆ͮ҉̥E̢ͬ̇̃̌̑ͩ̆͏̠̺̼̤̫̦̜̦ ̼̞͍̯̲͈̟ͦͪͥͧ̎͋̃̽̚͠ͅĮͭ̿̏͏͎̩̺̟͇͍̭̣͇T̎ͨ̈͗̉ͦ̒҉͈̼̖͍̩̪͔͕!̴̟̫͈̳̣͚͇͇̇͡ ̶̪͔͙̰̗͓ͯ̕Ỉ̧͓̟̼̳͕͠ ̶̡̜͓̜̈́̔̅Ḧ̨͔̙̥̤̦̯͖̲͋ͨ͑̈̒ͥ́À̟̹͓̰̱̩̻̥̻͐̉T̈́ͫ̂ͪ͏͕̭͖̣́E̻̳͙͔̜̅̑͑̅̎͘ͅͅ ̙̖̲̻͚͗̏̀͜͢I̝͙͇͍͙̙ͦͭ̈́͌̄͞T̛̠͍̜̫̔ͦͫ́͆!̶̻ͦͤ̆͝ ̈̅͗̍ͯͭ͝͏̠̹̦̻̤̙I͔̖̰̼̜̺̽̐̽̈́ͥ̈́ͅ ̢͔̠͈̬͔͂̓̎̔̿H̴̸̠̩̥͌̌̇̄Ä̸̢̫̬̯̞̰͓͚̝́̂̿T̡̺̬͕̩̒́̒̒̋͒̉͂E̶̡̼̳̞̣̪̳̞̔͗ͯͩ̃̅̃̀ ̯͇̓̽ͬ̌̾͊̔I̠̳̻͈ͧ̅͠ͅT̷̙̫̩̗͊̎̾̈́͆ͣ!̩͕̪͙̦̳͉̯̯̒̍ͦͩͭͥ ͨ҉̥̳̘̼I̵̖̙̦̲̰̞̱̓̽̋ͭ̇̇ ̵͇̬̯̣ͩ͊ͭ͊ͫH̶̨̦͖͖̝ͮ͌̒ͥ̊ͦͩ͑ͯ̕A̧̲͍̟̔̐̔ͮ͂͢T̘̱̪̫̯̉̃̾ͥͭ̇̊̈́̂Ė̳̝̫̲̺̠̞̫ͭ̈́ ̦̖̜̝̜̿ͧ̓͌ͤͣ̀̕Į̴̬͔̲̩̫͈̰̱ͦ͛Tͭ͗̎͆̓͆͟͏̤̙͙̱͙̯̙̺!̹͉͚̥̗͌͑ͪ̎́̾͌ͨͅ ̗̤̮̅͒͊̑̌̔͊ͦ͠͠I̿ͨͫͤ͑̌̽ͯ͏̷̙̳̦͔̦

̨̱̜̥̇̈́͒͐̄͞H̷͔̣̻̘̫̖̣͔̝̀ͪ̌͐̄͂̾̂͝Ā̛̩̱͔̥̭̭̗̤͍̂̒͘͜T̷̝̞͙͛͛ͭͥ̇̓̾̿͝E̓̐ͨ̅͌̆͟҉̙̺̥̭̫͓̜́ͅ ̴̢̠̱̥̘͕͌̌ͮ̒ͧ̒̐̾͜Ȉ̛̔ͪ̅̂̊ͤͬ͏̪͇ͅT͑ͨ̔̉ͮ̇̄̚͏͕̱̘͔͔̙͔!̸͚̪̬̆̌̒̓͐̑̈́ ̫̠̥̦̖͕̻̩͑̈̊ͤͬ̅ͩ̈́͘Ỉ̀̂͒͗̓͐͐҉͈̣ ̨̯͋ͤͯ̓̏̚̕H̆ͬ̈̉̂͊ͥ̿͏̴̸̟̣̙̖̯͕̜Ą̩ͦ̽͢T͕̼̤ͥ̓ͥE͛͏̮̝̥ ̸̡̟̠͋ͯ͢I̼̖͉͖͚̟ͫͣ̀̇̓̊ͥT̲͈̺͙̰̫̬͒̐!̇͋̿̀̐̽ͯ҉͖͎͈̭̖͓̝̱́ ̠̖ͨ̂̏͋̏̏Į̰̝͍̫̩̹̻̌͌̔̏̔ͨ͘ ̫̹̜͓̪̲͇̣́̇͆͂̕H̴̨̺̰͇̤̖͔̩̘̘̐̆͒̆ͭ̐̍ͭ̕A̡̻̤̪͓̝͋͋̎̿͠Ţ̛̼̲̙̗͎̟͈ͥͨ̀̇͟E̢͎͍̫̗̞̹̋ͅ ̶̈͐̍͊̌͠҉̟̺̮̟̙̥̟I͂ͭ̏͛̌͊҉̡͇̖̻̲̺̘T̋ͩͬ͏̺̝̤͓͓̰̰͝!̧ͭ̾ͭ͊̎̐̇̒ͭ҉҉̦̩̦̥̬̳ ̰͕͈̟͚̱̩ͭ̊̈̍I̷͕͍̗̰̜̱͉̤͒͢ ̩͔̞͍̓ͭ̔ͮ͂ͨ̆͡ͅH̡̪̲̦̫̥͌̾̾ͯA̶̞̞̞̦͕̓ͪ̄͛̈́̐̒T̨̛̬̩ͧ̌̏̓ͮ͂ͬ̆E̵̩̻͉͙͔͈̖̻ͧ́ ͎̬͓̞̗̮ͧͤͧ͋ͭ̈́ͫ̚I̴͉̱̹͙̘̝͈̭̾ͬ̃̏ͧ͑̄͟T̮͚͔̖̹̦̓̐͂ͥ̋ͅ!̻́ͣͤ̿͝Ḭ̾ͫ̕ ͯͭ̅̚̚҉̷̧̗̼͚H͚̙̣̄͐͛͗A̛̓̏̒̄̌̀͏̯̲̟͙̱̻̕T̛͕̦̠̞̝̱̦̔̑̊ͫ́ͅE̟̲ͧ̆̔̈ͧ̔̉̀ ̜̐̃̌̈́͒̋ͦͦ̂́I̺̜ͭ̑́̓̆̀T̥͖͈̞̣̃̏̋̊̚̕!͈̫̝̻͛̓̆̀ ̵̢̮̼͓͖̻̫̹̖̎͌͋ͨ͗̉̃͢Ì̧̼̬ ̝̜̯̫̳̑ͤͦH̤̗̗̦ͥ̓ͬ͆̈́Ả̡͖̹̟̔T̷̜̪͉͔̜ͬͤͧ̀E̢̋̓҉̹̦̳͍ ̹̲̝͋ͨ̽́I̬͍̱̫̫̝ͫ͆͋ͥ͌̑̋̇͢͡Ṱ̻̰͙̭̤̅ͯ͆ͦ͡!̴̜͙̙̘̼̰̞̦̦̿̇̈ͤ̕͜ ̛̅̈́̅͛̑̏͏̵̹̝I̵̸͚̠̪̼͕̬̒͌ͣ͒ͮͯ̿ ͇͖̞̦͎̯̆ͤ̿̋ͅH̴̞̗̼̤̼͉̲ͧ̍͂ͧͤ̓̾ͧ̕̕Â̎̔̐ͪ҉̧̰̮̼͍͞ͅT͕̥͙͂ͫ̎̓͋͟͟Ḛ̬̄͗̕̕ ̨̱̱̘̝̑͞Ĭ̵̦̺͓̜͐̍T̢̢̧̠͎̳̲̲̲̭̦̣̀̋̇!̡̼͔̳͓̺̂̌̇̃ͨ͌̈̊ ̫ͭ̈́̈Ị̷̵̊ͧ̆̎̿͢ ̸̧͈̖̠̟̲͕̰͉̖ͪͯ̋H̰͚̼̥̗͖͚ͨͥ͊͒A̵̛̙̰͎̬ͫ̿͊ͧͥ̌ͣ̚T̵̫̯̩̟̰͇̤ͨ̊̃̒̀ͅE̅̽ͭ̉҉҉̘ ̣̠̠̥͙̻̺̟̌ͨ͢͡Įͮ̏͜҉̤̳̹̣̤̫̳T̶̵̩͍͖̯̲̭̋̏ͣ!ͥ̎ͥͩ̚͟҉̭̮̤̹̖ ͎͎̭̥̞̠̐͑ͧ̎̄ͪI͒͌ͬ͗҉͈͕͍̬̞̪͘ ̛͔̻͇͖̠̈̈́̒͊ͨ̾͆̂ͣ͠Ĥ͂҉̷̞̞̲͞A̾̄ͥ̅̑ͣͨ͏͈̗̦͉T̵̥̲̪̠͊̈́Ē̹͖̅͘͢ ̷͓̥̜̻̫͓͇͍̔̌͋͊̈́͑͟I̷̛͓͕̾͒T͔͚̩̩̝̺̤̊̍͂́ͬͬ͗͟ͅ!̄̓̋ͤ̋͗̑͜͏̯͚̻̖̙̮́ ̸̥͖͚͈̦̊̇͗̓̓͞͠I̴̫̩̦͔̓ͥͤͦ͛̀ͪ̚ ̟̻̾̏͂ͧ͐Hͫͤͦ͡҉̶̮̞ͅAͥ̊͊̇̒͏̜͍͎̦͖̪͟T̵͉͇̺̠͉̲ͤ͌̍͐ͤͫ͞Ë̵̷͙̦̉̆̋̿ͫ̈́̍̔ ̥̮̠͎̤̔͑͌͑ͮ͒̄ͅÏ̸̛̼̲̜̥̞͈̤ͥͣ͐ͅṪ̶̞̭̗̙̲̥̭̉̿͆ͮ̉̄ͅ!̮̗̙͙̓̆̆ͪ͛̾ͧ͒̀͜ͅ ͖͉͗̏͘͢

̴̡̭̺͎̇I̴̩̬̺̫̊̇̈́ ̧̮̰ͫͧͣͮ̚H̺̼͔͚͈̐̎̋͑ͯ̈̀ͪ́Ǎ̡͇̮̲̦̹͓̾̓̒͆ͯ̚̚T̷̙̫̤̟͔̖͓̦͂̽ͩ̈́̿͗̓̿͡Ě̶̵͇͍̤̣͚̇ͬ͋́̄ͣ ͇͕̻̝͖̑͋͝͡I͖̫̯̩ͬ̎͑̅͢T̺͓̬̫͊ͭ͆ͯ́̌̃̂͠!̖ͥͣ̔̃̉͆̂ͭ̀͡ ͈̱͇̻̟̹̣̏̄I̴̻ͬ͗͠ ̫̮͍̟̙̤ͩ̿̾̕Ḧ̷͚̻͙̫͉́̏̈͊A͐ͣ҉̥͎̯̮͈̤T̋̾͛̄ͪ҉͖͈̦͎̙̲͚̝̀E̵̛̛̥ͤ̈͑͆͆̈́ ̩̀ͅI͔̬̭͎̼̖̽ͯ̽̉̊͆͆̚ͅT̴̶̖͚͈͉̭̻͇̑̿̈́!̗̠̮̣̲̍̎͂͗̓́ͥ̂ͪ̕ ̗̝̯̦͇͕͙͉̽ͥ̇̋ͣ̈́ͮ̾͢͟I̷̧̟̪̹̭̤̞̯ͩ̎ͤ̉̉͜ ̬̻̞̔̀̽́͡͝Hͭ̈́̌̎̔̌̈́ͩ͏̗͍̺̹͟͠A̧̩̭̥̼̤ͣ̎̃̈̔̓̉T͛҉̼̩E̴̶̦̼̯̟̦͔̐̌̓̑͐͜ͅ ̖̮͎͔͐͊̚͝I̵̵̪̘̙͖̬̯̮͛̈ͨ̄́T̡̜͉͋͒̉́!̸̾ͅ ̸͖̻͈̳̘ͬͣ̾̇̋̇ͦ̃͝͝I̳̊͐̉̏ͯͣ ̜̬̗̤̖͕̈ͣͥͣH̻͔̭̘̾̓ͪͬͥ̀̽̂͒͟͡A̬̥̓͂ͨ̿͂͠T͂ͨ͆̌̒̈́҉̞̱͇͕E̶͎̯̯̘ͩ̈́̍ͮ͗̎͋̓ ̬͂ͯͣ̋͢͞İ̲͎̱̥͖͍͈͎͊̕͡T͎͙͕̤̘ͯ̐͐ͮͩ͋̌!̬͓̲̳̙̺̘͌̎̒̌̈́͛ͩͅ ̧̛͙̦̹̬̺̱̮̲̃̐̾I̱̹̻̦͗ͦ͟͝͠ ͙̬̺̺͇̆̾̄͌ͫͬH̵̷̩͓̞͗̍̓ͮ̽͐̉A̵̢̝̠͔̳͆͒̌͗ͧ̔̿͠ͅT̮̼͔̯͓̺̾̂̀Ḛ̴͕̣͖̳͗ͧ͑͐ͨ ̹̹̭̘͍ͥ̃͒̏ͮ̐͡I̶̫̣͍̱̞̿̏͊Ṯ̢̫̗͈̮̲̱́̐̀̏̓̌̋͟!̧̝͕ͤ̆̍̊ ͕̩͈̟ͫ̃̆̍ͪ́͟Ī̞̰̜̲͎̦͙̱ ̧͓̥̣͎̽͞͞H̢̖͕͓̣̠̽̒̄͒ͮA̸ͫ͋͏̘̩̟̗̬ͅTͩ͆ͭ̏̈́ͣ͒͝͞͏͈̠̟͙̣̝͈Ḛ̘̘̞ͭ̆͆͒̃͡͠ͅ ̰̙̭̖̣͚͍̎̔ͮ̔̊̑̀͘͜I̖̤̻̜ͬ̒̅̀͘T͓̮͙͇̬ͤ̑ͤ͒̿͘!̝̻̩͌̓̇ͬ͑̐͢ ̵̪̟ͤ̂̈̑ͦ̕͡I͛͒̿̈́ͥ̑ͩͤ̚҉̷̣̳ͅ ̡̗̝̱̯̉ͯ̚͞H̙̣̗͍̊͋͂ͯ̉̓͒ͮĄ̲͎̐͛ͪ͊̇ͣ̊ͣ͐͜͞T̴̸͙̯͍̬͎̳̟̫͌͒̒ͦ͛E͈͈͂͑͢͠ ͚́ͨ̈́̓͌̋̀̍͞Įͧͫ͐ͥ͋̓̎҉̦T̂͆̑̏́ͩ͏̟̬͙̹̼͠!̤͈̙̬̌̄̔ ̖̙̠͈̼̲̰̖̎̆I̸̻̝ͥ̾̀̕


My mind has been pretty screwy lately... My eyes still hurt...

Just then the front door opened up. And there was Pennyworth, still working for my grandma. My how he aged terribly. Those dull eyes used to be full of pip, his cheeks tight now drooping down. "Mr Fade Away I presume?"

"Yes." I nodded. "Is Doctor Lucrecia in?"

"She is." Pennyworth stood to the side and let us in. "Right this way sir."

note: What a mind buck huh? Also a bit more surprising on how Van's family is more F'd up than one would thought beyond the beatings. Kind of setting itself up. Also notice how some of the cast is changing a bit? I mean, development wise? Also, why would guards let a fight to happen? Was it because probably Draco was a well respected guard back then? Did he still have some power? Meh... some stuff will change, I just like beating down on child abusers.

Still I'm going to back and revise this a bit more.