• Published 16th Sep 2012
  • 4,694 Views, 219 Comments

The Vanishing Star - NocturneD85



Twilight Sparkle finds her brother that she has not seen for more than 20 years. She wants to reunite the family but then realizes it was probably not the best idea. Her brother still never forgiven the family for what they did to him years ago..

  • ...
24
 219
 4,694

Chapter 18

The Vanishing Star

By NocturneD


From the tension between my brother and I shared in front of the princess. It was clear that we still have no resolved our past. I did say I forgive him back in the courtyard, but did he really know it was me? He probably doesn't want to think about it anymore. I let him go. Things just kept getting worse between us. I told you about his good side but its only so far in between his bad options. I gave up on him for the night.

Under sworn protection from Celestia, my family and I would be protected from suspicion of the Sparkle clan so we could enjoy the rest of the week in peace... Hopefully... The next day... Princess Celestia requested a meeting with Lorenzo and some of the head family. No way, Lorenzo would ever pass up a meeting with the solar princess. I expected action to be taken, I expected justice. But what I got... What I got from what after the meeting was some news I did not want to hear.

It was so awful, I did not stick around. All I heard from Celestia's court was that Lorenzo was a genius and made a break through in science. That's all I heard was praise. Celestia at first was not happy with the news that Lorenzo grew wings, was being held up like an Adonis. Still, from my relief is that princess Celestia had a lick of sense in her head to give Lorenzo and his supporters along with the main family an earful about the risks of disrupting the cycle of nature. I kept a low-key in the court by cloaking myself again. What was preventing me from just taking a candle torch and busting Lorenzo over the head? Fear... Disgust... Maybe I was jealous? No... I'm not jealous of him. How all he did was talk like a gentle colt that every pony is foolish to type cast him as.

Princess Celestia kept calm. She did step off from her throne just to check Lorenzo from all sides as she wandered around him in circles. Judged him like he was a piece of expensive fine celery. Lorenzo of course, just stood there and played her little game. Like he was prey to a shark circling him in the water. Celestia told him to raise his wings for closer inspection. I'm disgusted but I knew Lorenzo enjoyed having a goddess explore his body. Not to leave any other detail out but there was an audience that demanded to be included with the meeting. Just to fawn over how a perfect male just got even more perfect, however that works. The mares fawned over Lorenzo for his godhood. His blond... Sorry for a second there I thought I saw some brown roots in his mane. Would not surprise me if he dyed his hair. Sorry, sorry useless observant.

I must have watched for about an hour, huddled behind a pillar despite even being cloaked. In the pit of my stomach, it hurt just watching Lorenzo as he just stood there. All proud, not worried or scared of what Celestia might say or scold at him. She was not pleased with Lorenzo and the representatives of the main family that I saw from the other night. Those wings of his sparkled like he was some sort of majestic messiah. Everything about him was perfect, his body was sculpted perfectly even before this transformation. Now he was taller than I remembered from him last night, practically was tall as the solar princess. That or my eyes were playing tricks on me.

"Illusive Von Lorenzo." Celestia frowned, "I certainly hoped your research was worth fumbling through the creator's domain just to achieve your now form."

Lorenzo just stood there. Happy with what he accomplished, "Indeed I am princess."

She was not pleased with his smug attitude, "The transition to the alicorn title is reserved only for few ponies that show promise. Studied under my teachings or at least born an alicorn. You Illusive. You I have no idea why you decided to do this."

"For you my princess. Am I not worthy?" Lorenzo tilted his head, a bit playfully, almost like he was flirting.

"What do you mean by worthy?" Celestia was in distaste.

"I'm not going to lie princess Celestia. I attended your school when I was younger, had the grades, I was in school activities like drama and speech. I was even volunteering to help my fellow students and residents." Lorenzo listed off, "I was top honors in your school. But yet, it was not enough to be your protegé."

The princess only shook her head, "I knew you were one of the best students Illusive. But I will tell you this, in pony, that you were not the potential I was looking for."

"Oh I understood." Lorenzo nodded his head. Then he in turn started to walk around the princess. "I worked hard, went under many tutors to learn advance magic. I learned from some politicians on how the world runs, not to my liking but who here doesn't? I then found an interest in biology and my mother taught me a lot. But... what always caught my attention, something I always wanted to unravel as I took another interest in legends..." Then he stopped dead in his tracks, he stood next to Celestia proudly. "But..."

"But what?" Celestia frowned.

"The alicorn race..." Lorenzo brought up, "Something that always boggled the minds of curious ponies. Some worship them like gods..." He deeply looked at Celestia to emphasis on his claim, "While others think there was something more. Often wondered why there were only two, then suddenly three out of nowhere. And if I'm correct or any of the family ponders, your protegé might have some of that potential you mentioned earlier."

Celestia was one of those ponies that would not dare to bare teeth. But Lorenzo must have hit a nerve. "So let me get on with this, I want to know what the alicorn really are.

"If they were so-called gods or just simple mutations." He then reached inside of his dashing suit to pull out a jar. Just like the previous night, red vial glistening inside just swirling with each rotation Lorenzo gave it. "With this, is the answer."

What the hell was he talking about? I was pretty much raised on the belief of Celestia being a powerful sorceress. Like she was a gift from the heavens herself to brighten our lives and watch over us, to protect us, to rule over us.

"I still do not approve." Celestia frowned. "I here by order you to stop your experiment and forfeit any documentation that relates to this matter."

Lorenzo tilted his head, "My princess I'm not doubting your rac..."

"I never said anything about doubt. What you have in this vial might be a key. Or it could lead to your own sanity becoming warped." The princess then approached Lorenzo. This time she had the loaded gun for sure. "Some things are better off left in the past, some things are better left to the royalty's responsibility. The alicorn business, it royalty's business. Not the Sparkle clans."

"But its a modern break through." Lorenzo frowned.

"If the vial did this to you, then yes. For now, I can't take the chance of you spreading this." Celestia levitated the glass beaker to her own face and looked at it, "Let alone, I don't see how you could have done this without consulting myself nor my sister, or even my niece for the matter. How did you even come across any samples form an alicorn?"

"My princess..." Lorenzo nodded, "I got the samples from the castle out in the Everfree forest."

"You mean?" Celestia's eyes widened.

"I took left over samples of princess Luna's arrival after she casted out of the one called Nightmare Moon." Lorenzo nodded again. "They were just laying there just soon to be picked. Assuming that the elements of harmony left them there for a purpose if they were not evil right?"

Celestia narrowed her eyes, "Yes... the elements of harmony would have left no trace of evil behind, but I'm still going to take precaution." She looked back at him, "Do you have any idea what you could have possibly put into yourself?"

"The goddess' blessing of course..." Lorenzo smirked.

"It's far from a blessing..." Celestia's expression remained while she shook her head in disapproval. "If you think being an alicorn is all good and praise, then you have no idea what you are in for. It's a package deal Illusive Lorenzo, all the goods and all the bads."

"And what are exactly the goods and the bads...?" Lorenzo kept his expression straight.

"If you have lived as long as I have then its all bad. But if you want to consider good, a long life which most want. Immune to most toxins and poisons, never fall, basically you're immortal. Larger magic capacity, longer wing spans." Her eyes narrowed, "And for the bads... everything you hold dear in your life is going to grow old and die one day while you're still the same. You'll have inner demons that will haunt you for the rest of your life. Possibly, you'll be in a battle with your own mind and conscience... worst of all... you could be even a slave... to your own magic if you allow your heart to grow dark for whatever reason."

"Yes... The mitochondria theory for magic. What makes your body what it is." Lorenzo grew bored, since biology was his understanding you did not need to walk him through it. "As I take it where you're going with this. The mitochondria that what makes magic of course magic, can somehow rebel against its own user and can take over the being. That's the science way of putting how Nightmare Moon came to be am I correct?"

Celestia silenced herself. Lorenzo continued, "With technology and better minds today princess. Things have been easier to understand and not taking one's word of sorcery for it. In your day, it was simply sorcery or perhaps maybe alchemy but today after looking at those samples. I discovered that the mitochondria cells in the left overs of princess Luna were still active that helped bridge my research to where it is now."

"You're not royalty." Celestia simply frowned again. "Alicorns are the only ones meant for royalty. The Sparkle clan are unicorns. It's that simple. Only royalty gets to decide who can become an alicorn."

"I'm a politician, I'm as close to you as I'm going to get. You know my track record and if I might ask. Who indulged on the who gets to decide what clans should be?" Lorenzo held out his hoof and waved it around to make his point across.

"Van the Great." Celestia frowned. "When I was still young a thousand years ago he helped Luna and I a great deal. You're not the first to try to understand what I'm supposed to be Illusive Lorenzo. Van the Great did himself with the help of Clover the Clever and Starswirl the bearded. They came to two conclusions but decided to keep it a secret and said it was for the better. Every pony back then was so astonished of what we were, but before we even became royalty we were scoffed at. Called freaks because we had no connections, just two lonely little fillies until Van the Great came into our lives... Luna and I always wondered why we were cursed with all three pony abilities but all we were given by Van and Clover is that we were special."

"If I can take a wild guess... He was a father role to you wasn't he?" Lorenzo then pulled back his gung-ho attitude.

"All three of them were parent figures. They saw potential in us. Long story short, the three tutored us to help govern the old Equestria of back then. They only stepped in if we ever needed help but over time we got the hang of it. After that..." Celestia turned around to walk back to her throne with the jar still levitating with her. "They stayed by our sides watching over us. Then when their time came, their children took over. But since Luna and I were in control, we given them some power as Equestria expanded. After that... it grew and the Sparkle clan and Royalty have worked together ever since."

Lorenzo blinked. So did I. Not really expecting a history lesson.

"As you can see young Illusive. What you got here is basically the trust between royalty and the Sparkle clan." Celestia then let her magic put the jar down on the arm rest of her throne. "Generations of effort and partnership between the two. When you attempted to create this, you actually were willing to break the bond by injecting it into yourself. Van the Great, along with some of your ancestors tried the same to understand and become what I am. But they stopped because they respected me, loved me like any of my followers. But you..."

All eyes were on Celestia now. "You actually came the furthest and did it. You took a thousand years worth of trust, privacy, acceptance, tolerance, kinship into this beaker." Her hair blew radiantly. "Which is why I will ask you the simple request. Cease this project and turn in everything..."

"I... wanted..." Lorenzo then hung his head down in shame. And damn can he put on an act.

"You wanted what young Lorenzo?" She asked.

"I wanted you to notice..." He muttered.

"What was that?" She asked again, this time more commanding.

"I SAID I WANTED YOU TO NOTICE ME!" He threw his hair dramatically up where it landed messily back on his shoulders. "You want me to turn in the work that I slaved tireless hours and endless nights on? FINE!" He pulled out an enclosed file from his coat and threw it to her short stairwell. "You can call that trust if you want princess! But I call it my way of understanding you! Ever since I was little you were always untouchable! You never let any pony in but all you did was give, give, give!"

Celestia remained in her seat. Was just about to say something until Lorenzo stopped her again. "You said yourself you often wondered what you were. You can't tell me that for a thousand years you were not the one bit curious!" He took a deep breath, "When I was small I noticed at times you were all smiles, but sometimes smiles having a deeper sorrow behind it. Are you lonely princess? Are you scared?"

"It's not that..." Celestia lowered her head.

"Then what?" He asked. "Are you tired of living day in and day out the same thing over and over?"

"..." Celestia remained silent.

"I made this because I wanted to understand the alicorn race better." His head raised, hair dangling over his eyes. "If there is a test you want me to take that proves that I am fit. I'm willing to take it."

"You do know what you are asking to do right?" Celestia raised an eyebrow.

"That's if I pass?" Lorenzo expected. "What happens if I don't?"

"Even if you pass, you'll be granted a royal title." Celestia extended her neck to lean forward, "If you don't then I'll be forced to find a way to undo your transformation."

Lorenzo put on a determined look. "Then I'll do it."

Oh Faust damn it...

I started banging my head against one of the pillars inside the throne room where they were still talking. Has every pony in the world gone insane besides me? Is royalty too stupid to live? Next you'll be telling me that Celestia is somehow swayed with Lorenzo's ambition that she'll totally ignore my claim of him being insane and think he might be actually worthy of a prince title. Seeing how nothing is above prince or princess around here for some reason. Oh I can just see it now, Princess Celestia finally found her prince... despite him having lustful goals. I continued to throw my forehead up against the hard pillar.

"What's that thumping sound?" Celestia raised an eyebrow.

Forget it. Every pony here is an idiot. I walked out of there and went back to my room to think some stuff over. Grandpa Draco would have gotten to the bottom of this. He was practically the best at finding stuff out and getting stuff done. Hell he was practically Bat-mare the way how he used to work. Yet if he were still alive I think he could have been a great asset to telling the main family to back down. Would have slapped some sense into Lorenzo and told him he was getting too far into something he should not have dabbled into.

I threw myself on my bed. Hated everything that happened so far. All because my sister invited me back to this place. Too hurtful to even start over. Mother was something of a win, I'm still no in different to my father. Shining Armor on the other hoof, doesn't believe I'm even Vanishing Star or just resurfacing some old tension. Then there was Twilight... For as long as she did, she was a student of the princess. Sometimes I even bring up the thought that Twilight really was not thinking on her own sometimes. She practically worships the princess from what I can see and gets angry if some pony were to say something different. Still she never told me why she went by the name of Dawn Light, not that it was a rare name either it was pretty common. Maybe for her own protection? I knew a few Dawn Lights in my life, though the one that stuck out was the one back at the embassy when Malik took over. After that who I thought was Dawn Light was actually Twilight the entire time. How that could have slipped I had no idea but... I do remember her when she was still Dawn and Ghendi sharing time to do stuff together last year... son of a bitch... was... she spying on me? No...no that could not be it.

I took some aspirin and some mood pills then laid my head back down on the pillow. Let myself go back to sleep for a little while longer. I'm too stressed. This whole kingdom is nothing but a bunch of pushovers as first Lorenzo got his way on a council seat at the crystal empire, now he's taking a test to see if he is worthy of the alicorn title.


"Let's see... the book of alchemy by Claudius Iron Hoof. Check. Book on beginner jitsu by Hiei Dark Hoof. Check." As usual, usually on the weekends I would spend it with my grandparents as they would go out-of-the-way just to spend time with me and teach me more than whatever school would allow. I'll be honest, school had its limits and I found it quite boring at times. Though most of the time, it got me out of the house so I could not hear my parents yelling over and over about our futures. The fights... I'm sorry I never mentioned them but its one of the reasons why my original mother turned to drinking. My dad would be trying to give us his idea of what we might be good at. He really wanted us to go into royalty business. By now, you got the reason.

I hated staying at my house during the weekend. If I did then I had to put up with mom and dad, if that was not bad then Shining Armor who always had something to be upset about. He was pretty much often grounded and not allowed to go out for reasons you can probably guess yourself. Mom did not mind me going to grandma and grandpa's place, it really was not that far away from our house anyway. She knew where I was and had easy access to check up on me, but at that time she never really would. Sometimes when I got home from school she would be mixing herself up a drink and just sit on the couch looking at the television. Sometimes the thing would not even be on and she just stare. Almost, like she had a lot of regrets. That or she was brain storming for another book she wanted to write but never got around to it.

My dad would be in his own office. Being a teacher back then he had his share of disappointments in his students. Often I would hear every time he came home how he could not reach any pony or get anything to stick. He said himself he was teaching a class that were half filled with idiots. Paper after paper he look at on his desk came a grunt or two. Other times he would find something decent, other times he would find satisfactory work. I did not know much about my dad's teaching career other than he used to teach at the gifted school. In that case, the school was too advanced and there was bound to be some that were going to have a hard time. Gifted school, yes I know every pony is supposed to buckle down and earn their marks. But from time to time I would hear that the students were children of the wealthy, no surprise there. Then there would be the occasional students that had parents pour their life savings into their child going there. They did moderately well. Some wealthy buckled down, others made my dad despise his job. Not only the students but sometimes the staff. Then there was home. Sometimes I can't tell if he'd rather be at home or work, normal answer would be a bar or someplace else.

"Really?" My mom asked in agitated disbelief. "That's your big excuse?"

My dad turned around to face my mother. Obviously stressed with the hints of being disorganized and hair almost a mess. My mom and dad were not as happy together as I assumed. Everything always pissed each other off, the little things like one of them making a certain sound. To the big things like buying something extravagant, maybe sometimes needlessly.

"Look. What can I do about it?" My father grunted.

"You can march back over there and tell them NO!" My mom slammed her glass down onto the decorative grand piano that hung out in the family library room. Sometimes we just call it the family room. Back to business. My mom never really approved of my dad's other job. Back then, I had no idea what this meant. Only job I knew he had was being a teacher and I knew he hated that. They would argue about this other job. My dad said it was important and a family honor while my mom said he should just quit while he was ahead before we lose everything. The stress put on him, it seemed to elaborate for a teacher to have some form of politician role. "Tell them that it's off!"

I was sitting in the same room, pretending not to listen. Near one of the many shelves that stored many of the books my parents bought, collected or was given over the years. Some of them were my mother's own books, both published and unpublished and from time to time I would sometimes sneak a peek at them. Time after time I would get the idea what my mom actually writes about. She would take ideas from her own life then add some twists. One story I managed to steal from the shelf was a story about a mare who was expecting to have babies from time to time but never was granted. Always faced with a hard reality that her body was not in shape to have children. At times, I would be saddened while reading through this one particular story. One time, I even caught myself crying at how sad it was. My mom was basically telling bits and pieces of her life through her various stories. Pretty much while my mother had her difficulties, I had a new respect for her once I read through some of them. But... then I had some crazy idea, if I kept reading some of her works that I might stumble onto something I might not like. Or dread and wished I never read.

"I can't do that!" My dad hollered. "There is too much riding on this!"

"We can't afford to do something like this!" My mom hollered back.

"If I can pull this off then we won't have to worry about anything for the rest of our lives." My dad said sternly, "I'm doing this for you and the kids. More importantly the welfare of Canterlot."

My mother looked down sadly. "They're not going to leave you alone even if you do pull this off. Let alone those... violent monstersrunning around."

"Honey... I know what that gang is capable of. This is why the family is going to bring them to justice, we just have to have a little faith." My dad approached her. To sooth her he reached with his fore legs and pulled her into a tight embrace. Hard to believe that these two were arguing harshly not too long ago about each other's ways, now in a loving embrace. I'll never figure out these two, argue in each other's faces to the point it looked like they were going to hit each other, then next making up with taking a few hours to themselves and... well... you know what make ups have sometimes. It was... how the newest sibling was supposed to be created that never came to be...

I turned my head. Scared of when my parents argued, now it seemed to have toned down as I looked. "Is... it okay now?" I never liked it when they fought, but then again I felt odd when they made up. To the point I was unsure, only thing I could ever do was just stay silent, or try to find a place to hide. Or just go about my business and play with my toys, sometimes I would go find Twilight and play dolls with her. Pretending the toys were part of a happy family.

My dad turned his own head to look at me from across the room. "Yeah, yeah it is..." He was not mad like how I always imagined him to be. He approached me, I always felt conflicted when he did this. Had no idea if he was going to be upset or calm, he was always a fifty fifty shot in the dark.

I just stood there. Let him come to me and sat his flank down on the fine waxed floor. His larger hooves was on one of my shoulders, the other... Just hovering. "I know the little quarrels between your mother and I are scary. But remember its because we love you and making sure that you're safe." Probably one of the better times when my dad ever gave me a father-son chat, "I just want to let you know that mommy and daddy love you two very much. Daddy is just facing a tough act right now that's going to make the bad ponies go away."

These... bad ponies have been talk of Canterlot and it really seemed divided. Like any town there are divided sections. The rich side which is supposed to be the most safest which we call the hills, then in the middle is the valley where the average or less that rich live. Then there is the poor side which is down way further and on the far reaches, often where crime happens. Then there is the bottom of the barrel... where... those ponies live. The ones that my dad was campaigning to trying to get rid of. They're considered the low of the low for a reason, they want to make any pony fear them, they run their own rules. They did not care for the princess. Practically... the area is quarantine off.

You're probably asking. Canterlot has a bad side? Sad but true, story was before even I was born is that royalty was cracking down on the monsters of society. There were gangs running about and Celestia could not have that as she offered them a choice to surrender and be reformed or be forced to leave. They had a leader, who was not even a pony but a big red Minotaur like creäture that could kill the toughest of guard ponies with a single punch. He did not like the options and took up ground in a bad area of Canterlot where it became its own little quarry of violence. Celestia had her chances to capture them but nothing really ever happened. Sometimes at night, I could hear sirens in the distance, even smoke rising over the buildings when I looked out my window. This Minotaur was... something really to fear as his record was... sickening. Minotaurs in general are pretty rough, boastful, even territorial but none of the were ever as vicious as the red one. They're pretty much the loud mouths of the Equestrian population. I heard stories where... the red one even killed a few fillies and colts.

Ponies would campaign against the red Minotaur and want him casted out but he never moved. Just remained on his concrete throne, broadcasting his ideals and threats. The princess would warn him over and over to not frighten her ponies. He would never listen. He had his thugs on leashes, on the good side he kept to his side and warned if any pony ever wandered into his territory. He would kill them personally. This is where my dad and his supporters would come in and propose ideas to the princess. He got a lot of ponies on board, but later this would lead to something... unpleasant.

My dad patted my shoulder, "No matter what you're safe here and not down in the gulch. Daddy, mommy, grandpa, grandma, uncles, aunt won't let anything bad happen." How much I wished that was true. "Now you two hurry up and pack up. Don't want to keep your grandparents waiting." He smiled, "Tonight is the summer sun festival and Twilight really wants to see the princess bring out the stars. We'll meet you with grandpa and grandma at the festival okay?"

"Okay daddy." I pulled my saddle bags over my haunches, my dad made sure they were nice and tight.

"You two be careful out there!" My dad hollered from the doorway as I jolted out.

My little hooves ran as fast as they would let me. Another lesson from grandma and grandpa just waited for me at their house. I had my saddle bags packed with my books and some other things. How much I loved going to my grandparent's house for the weekend. And how much they loved me for coming. They felt like a second mom and dad ever since I took up lessons from them. Grandma would make me breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack no problem. Grandpa would allow me to watch television when I wanted to, moderately. It actually felt like a real home. Shining Armor and Twilight would sometimes sleep over too but not often.

"Grandpa! Grandma!" I knocked on the door.

The door opened with a familiar but welcoming sight. Grandma Lucrecia looked warm as ever, she gave me a big hug and asked how my week went. As usual I told her the good parts, maybe some of the bad parts. But to grandma, all she did was help me through the weekend. She loved all of my stories, I loved all of hers. She asked if I was ready for the summer sun festival tonight and hot damn was I ready. I loved all the candy and games they shovel out for this event. Tradition we go every year to see it no matter where it takes place, a good way for us to visit other towns.

"Okay sweetie. One of you tell grandpa, he's in his study looking over his old things." Grandma gave me a kiss on the cheek and told me to go find grandpa.

Easy enough. I wandered into grandpa's own study, well it was more of a personal museum of his own life. Not that it did not contain any books he had plenty of those. He was a fan of fine red oak which explained that his floor was made out of it. Same with the walls, said something about it was easy to work with and manipulate. If there was any part of the house I liked most, it would be this room. He had a large collection of weapons behind glass cases that it was ridiculous. Shields, armor, helmets, firearms, treasures, gadgets. He did a lot of traveling in his youth, joined a lot of causes, met a lot of interesting ponies and creatures.

"Grandpa!" I hopped over to him.

Grandpa was never really much of a party pony but he loved us either way. He was looking at a mannequin that wore a torn red cape along with a red headband with a metal plate that had a strange symbol on it. Next to the mannequin was a glass case filled with accessories. One thing stood out was a hoof-gun, expertly crafted and customized, let a lone ridiculous looking.

Grandpa looked at me and held out one of his fore legs to welcome me. He pulled me into a slow hug and sighed. "How are you doing Van?"

"Pretty well. Grandma said its time to get ready." I answered while I looked up at him, "What are you doing?"

He sighed again. "Just looking at old things. Remembering my hay days."

"What's special about this one?" I looked at the red cape. "Were you a super hero back then?"

My grandpa took his time answering that. "Could say that." Still he lingered on as he looked at the mannequin, "Something I really felt I had to do."

"Had to do?" I asked.

"Equestria's name is supposed to mean; Equal ponies besides the type of being we are. Many ponies get that confused because we're Equestrian." Grandpa Draco looked on. "But sometimes the term Equal doesn't matter anymore as we're always thrown into an epidemic such as war between nations. War between states, war between ponies, even war at home being fought now."

"Is this about the bad ponies dad keeps going on about?" I asked.

With a low grunt, "In a way. Some ponies think they're more entitled to something by taking things that are not theirs. Striking fear to gain control. You're father is trying to put a stop to that and he really rallied ponies behind him." Another sigh escaped his maw, "He's delusional if he think he can make them go away."

More and more I understood grandpa's views on crime. Probably why him and dad don't talk much anymore, let alone blame each other for my upbringing sometimes. We all got ready and met up with the other relatives and enjoyed ourselves. Then came the big moment where Celestia would lower the sun to bring out the night. My sister had a front row seat while I watched from the back sitting on my grandpa's back...

There she was... with her dark starry mane. Dark blue fur. Dark jewelry. She rose up into the air and... never remembered Celestia being so... blue before...


And that's when I woke up... I stood up from my bed and walked out to the terrace. There I saw in the courtyard... the same blue alicorn from my dream. I raised an eyebrow. "I had a dream about Luna?"

Then she looked up at me.

Author's Note:

I want you to pay close attention to the flashback as it mentions something that could blow this story wide open. Well maybe not wide open but it is setting for a plot twist with the main character.

Oh, if you're banging your head against your screen for what Celestia offered. I won't blame you. I really do want to Lorenzo character to stick around awhile longer and work himself into the sequel I have planned.

I recommend watching the Dark Knight Returns too. Gave me a little more inspiration. And sort of hints at grandpa.