• Published 16th Sep 2012
  • 4,694 Views, 219 Comments

The Vanishing Star - NocturneD85



Twilight Sparkle finds her brother that she has not seen for more than 20 years. She wants to reunite the family but then realizes it was probably not the best idea. Her brother still never forgiven the family for what they did to him years ago..

  • ...
24
 219
 4,694

ACT 1: Son Returns Home (chapter 4)

The Vanishing Star

by NocturneD

ooo

So in the course of the next few days I let my sister follow me around the workplace. So much has changed since the inventions really brought in the dough as it was now easier to get lost even. So don't be wandering around when you're supposed to be paying attention where you are walking. I would explain every detail of the building but that would take too long. Just imagine a futuristic looking office building and embellish that with touch screen monitors almost everywhere. Finally to the research and development department.

"Good morning Chubs." I greeted the chubby security earth pony that stood guard at the door.

"Mornin Mr. Fade Away." Well that's what would translated if he did not have his mouth stuffed with a donut at the moment. He sipped his coffee and gulped. "What's new today?"

I smirked, "I'm going to show my little sister here the department and how it works."

"Does she have clearance?" The guard asked.

"I gave her clearance." I nodded to Twilight. The guest badge dangled around her neck as she nodded in return. I instructed her to swipe her badge after I did it myself through the card reader. The sliding doors flushed open. My sister gasped as she saw the first few sections of the lab. Computers practically everywhere, testing going on through new inventions for our phones and other contraptions. My sister let her head wander left and right to see the view. Her amazement, brought a smile to my face.

"Oh wow." I remember her saying as we passed the magic synthesizers.

"You like?" I asked.

"Oh its impressive alright." She gleamed. There was so much to do. More and more I would have to stop just to drag her along, but as a good brother I wanted to be. I allowed her to watch as my staff worked hard on their inventions and let them explain what they were working on. Jenkins was working on some headphones to make them sound clearer without them wearing down as well as being cordless. Quite nifty. Jenkins explained what he was trying to accomplish other than just making unbreakable headsets, Twilight hung onto every word like the good listener she is. I admit, having no cord would be great. No longer would I have to be listening to my tablet playing songs wearing headphones, suddenly having to get up only for the cord to get stuck on something and almost yank my ears off. Hurts... I gave Jenkins the approval he needed to continue. Now just to remember to take the headset off when you're done.

I slowly walked with Twilight showing her the odds and ends of our lab. Until we got to Swan's office, I knocked of course.

"Ugh... This better be good Bright Eyes!" An anxious yet easily agitated pegasus pony stood in front of us with her hoof still on the door handle. Her face sized up to a smirk. She fixed her glasses and adjusted her hair back into a tight bun instead of a loose one, "Oh honey... You did not say you were going to be down here."

ooo

This is Swan. My fiance. The pure white winged pony that beauty can match no other, not even the princess. With her elegant blue hair, I'm rather entranced by her easily. Might have said earlier that her and I did not get along at the start because of my first project. But, it grew over time when we stopped insulting each other then turned into friendly pot shots. Well, one day I asked her to be my date to the annual Big Tech ball and things took a hit from there. At first, I really did not know a lot about her as she always seemed to be a private pony and did not want to associate with any pony. Often sat alone in the lunchroom and not with the other females. Was rumored at one point that she was stuck up, well that part held some ground. I'm going to admit something right here, I knew Swan from private school and college but never really talked to her. I was aware of her but knew so little about her, she never went to dances, never really hung out with any pony. She got straight A's sure and nearly gave me a run to compete over to get the highest GPA in the class. So, after graduating I thought I was never going to see her again. Never really put much thought into her, girls come and go. But... well enough, her dad knew Big Tex and guaranteed her a job here.

Often Swan was looked at as an antagonist by the other females. Saying that just because she sits alone, she must feel high and mighty of her background. She came from another rich family, but unlike my former family hers was not just strictly Pegasus, she had a unicorn mother who was Miss Equestria 1982, 1983 and 1984 and pegasus father that was a Wonder Bolt and retired in late nineties I think. He was considered one of the best of the best. Why? Well something that was done before my time where he saved Canterlot from a dragon. Then saved Canterlot again by veering a huge tornado away from the town. Wrestled assassins that tried to hurt the princess. Mother was pretty much a fashion model, I can see where Swan gets her looks and body from... Mmhmm. Swag...

But under her somewhat tough exterior, really is a sweet girl that loves flowers, candy and attention. She is practically a genius and rivals me to the extreme, almost every day when I first met her, we challenged each other with tough questions. Often stumping our team and not resting until we were out of questions and answers. Our team just... sat there completely fizzled out.

But that was the old her... Well, to me. She is a very strict team leader in the office. But once she gets out, she really likes to unwind with a beer and watching old episodes of Dr. Hooves. She was very private back then with her interests but was no longer afraid to share with me. She knew I loved making toys and playing games while I admired her for her tastes in entertainment in classics. I would take her out to the opera, ballet, laser tag... Whoops. Yeah she would give in and play along with me. It was constant we would challenge each other, but then it would take a turn where it would just have us snuggling in my chair. I lost probably twenty chairs as we would end up breaking them because of our fooling around.

For the past year and a half I was making her little trinkets and placing them on her desk. Each one had a different feature. One would roll around her desk. One one would beep. One would sing. One would play melodies. I must have made about fifty of those things and she kept them on a special shelf in her office. But one, she really loved the most was a little gadget that was in a form of an anime kitten that held up a ring and message asking her to marry me. I was down in the main lobby ready to take a class on a field trip around our facility before I knew it, I was pounced on from behind. Swan on top of my hugging and kissing me, saying yes and yes over and over again. I was happy, though... The teacher was not of our little show in front of the students. I made Swan happy. I made her folks happy. I made my folks happy. I made Ghendi and Synn happy, they almost feel like brothers. Congratulated by every pony in the facility, our plan to get married was told far and wide.

I look at the planned wedding invitation,

"You are cordially invited to the wedding of Swan Song and Fade Away..."

But then... there is something wrong with that... She's marrying Fade Away and not Vanishing Star...

ooo

"Swan. This is my long lost sister Twilight Sparkle. Twilight, this is my fiancee Swan Song." I introduced the two.

"Oh my." She looked at my sister, who smiled back at her. After a minute of awkward silence she nodded. "I apologize. I just... Never knew Fade still had contact with his old family." I just answered it was just a surprised visit. "Sorry I was not prepared for special guests." She looked back and forth trying to clean up some things in her office. You know when I said she was a smart pony? Well, she's messy and has her own system going on. "Come in. Come in!" She waved us in. "Coffee? Tea?" The sound of the coffee and tea kettles banging all over her spare table in the corner as she quickly tried to put on a good show.

"Honey. Honey!" I chuckled. "Just relax. The project isn't due until next year."

She let out a defeated sigh then stopped what she was doing. "Sorry... Just been hectic because we had to alter the numbers again."

"It's fine. The numbers have been changing a lot lately." I assured her.

"What numbers?" Twilight asked.

"Numbers as in. Power." I answered simply. "Also a limit of what we can use. Like funding to be exact."

"Well money is going through different departments so fast I can hardly keep up." Swan frowned.

"Sorry. We hired a lot of new ponies that are talented and bringing new ideas to the table for Big Tech." I answered while lookin at Twilight. "Even got our own team making games. Programs for banking. Shopping. Businesses on the go."

"Wow. You're really trying to bring the future quickly as possible." Twilight blinked.

"Well yes and no." I shifted my shoulders. "I just don't make and throw products out there in the market. I go out and ask the ponies what they want. Just like the Lucrecia program."

"The whole magic for beginners APP?" Twilight smiled, "Very thoughtful for some pony to bring

education to every pony who wants to know."

"Well yeah." I blushed.

I won't bore you. Twilight and Swan really hit it off talking smart. We continued walking through the facility. Great, now those two can't shut up talking about history and had lunch together, then the two started talking about libraries. Oh great. Once you get Swan started on libraries she won't stop, just going to a bookstore that has their own coffee store inside is a pain to go with her sometimes. But it's not I dislike screwing around for an hour, I love Swan and want to make her happy. She at least has to get one book to take with her on break and read. Oh well... Usually when we're together, holding her she would summarize the book she read. It just sounds better coming from her lips, than reading it my own.

So all in all... It looks like the two are in approval of each other. Though act a little similar that it's almost scary. Always wanting to follow the rules. Always willing to please their teacher. Want to do things by the book. My Celestia... They could be long lost sisters! Nah... Scary huh? I'm glad Twilight would later tell me that she whole heartily approves of Swan being her sister in law. Already they wanted to trade books with each other. Hey... Whose long lost sister is she again? Man those two can really talk... Any pony have a crowbar?

Would not be too long until Ghendi would be making his final route for the day. As usual he wore his light weight security armor with the Big Tech symbol and initials on it and that ball cap on his head. I waved him over to our table. Though pretty loyal to his job I told him he could take an early leave for once. I had an open seat between me and Twilight. Slowly he sat down after getting his usual small carton of coffee milk. The jingling of his equipment as his body shifted into the chair.

"Uh... so how was work?" He asked. Fiddling with his carton of coffee milk to open it.

"Very productive as usual." I snickered. "What's new with you?"

He sipped his drink at first. Then wiped whatever got on his upper lip to answer, "Just a few ponies stealing office supplies and the new laptops selling on the store floor almost ended up getting stolen."

"Oh wow." Twilight blinked, "Ponies steal from this company?"

"Unfortunately so." Ghendi slid back into his chair. "Good thing we caught the pony before they left. Stuffed about ten of them in a giant stuffed bear." He pressed his hoof against his forehead, "Seriously why do ponies steal?"

"Sickening really." Swan added. "But this city has its bad sides too. Like downtown where stuff get looted and pawned."

"That's right they see those top of the line computers they think they're going to get an easy five grand but pawns lately don't play that way." I mentioned. "But it's not just bums. Usually its normal ponies you would least expect it."

Ghendi just sighed and finished his coffee milk. I honestly felt bad for him, he used to be one of those bums that would try to scrounge up anything for food and money. But I gave him another chance at life to make a difference. And surely he did.

Twilight nervously twitched her pupils back and forth. I guess the words, "shoplift" still haunt her.

ooo

I was still seven at the time and Twilight was still five. And as usual, our family would be dysfunctional. Would rather live with a family of gorillas. At least they take better care of their offspring.

I was finishing my homework as usual when mom said she was going go to the store. Dad gave her whatever money he had, as usual mom would ask for a little more. Dad would just tell her that was all he had for the rest of the next couple of days. Mom was gathering us up and I just finished up. Normally a seven year old would be all excited to go to a store, but for me, dad really drained the emotion out of me from all the swearing, yelling, beatings, I just did not care anymore. I was going to keep my nose clean and not ask for anything. Mom took me, Shining Armor, and Twilight. And as usual, Shining called the front seat. I did not care anymore... If I argued he would just hit me in the arm again. Twilight sat next to me as usual pretty eager for something.

To make a long story short. I just stuck close to mom as Twilight kept dragging along. Shining Armor was obviously looking at magazine he should not be reading. *Cough* Play Colt *cough*. Figured I spare myself the humiliation I kept quiet while my mom loaded up groceries into the cart asking us to grab a few things. We heard the usual crying kids that wanted a toy and their parents yelling at them. But mom knew us too well, well knew what would happen to us if we ever misbehaved.

To make this short. We were almost set to go check out until we walked past the book department. And you know how Twilight is about books. At first she was quiet, but then I saw what she was looking at. As advertised, a new Daring Do book has just been released. I saw the sparkle in Twilight's eyes as she called for mom. Mom came over to see what the commotion was about. Twilight obviously wanted it. But mom told her no.

You know how kids cry for a toy? Well... books are Twilight's toys.

3...

2...

1...

"BUT I WANT IT!" Twilight screamed.

"Keep your voice down!" Mom scorned her.

"I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT!" Twilight dropped to the floor and started kicking the air.

Here I am just watching.

"Young lady get off that dirty floor right this instant!" Mom yelled again.

"I WANT IT!" Twilight screamed louder.

"I MEAN IT!" She warned. Oh come on mom your threats are as empty as your soul.

Twilight did not move and mom actually surprised me by using her magic to lift Twilight off the ground and strap her into the cart. Twilight continued to wail, every pony was looking at us. I just kept to myself staring a cute pony from the next check out stand over. Mom paid for the groceries and took us all home. Twilight kept crying until we got home, mom warned her that dad would beat her with a belt if she ever acted out like that ever again. The night drawn to a close.

Well that was not so bad now was it? But that's not where it ends. A few days later. Mom went back to the same store but with just Twilight this time to grab a few things. I was not with them at the time because I was just sitting in my room tinkering with my toys again making a new little gadget, I sent away for them to get extra pieces. This one in particular played music like a music box and had a little glowing light on top of it.

I was home alone with dad. Him doing his own thing. I'm doing mine. I don't even want to see him even when he's not on abuse mode. He tries to act fatherly with me but he just changes mid way and points out anything wrong with me. So I keep to myself. I sort of disowned him myself.

I heard the front door slam and heard yelling. Oh good freaking grief what happened now? I let curiosity get the hold of me and left my room quietly. I tip toed to the bottom of the stairs to find mom pacing back and forth yelling up to the ceiling about something that Twilight did. Twilight just sat there crying in the chair that always sat by the stairway. Dad standing there not happy with the news.

"DID YOU THINK YOU WERE CLEVER?" Mom yelled at Twilight.

"I..." Twilight tried to wipe her face.

"Answer your mother Twilight." Dad warned her with his arms crossed.

"I... I don't know." Her little legs waddled from the seat.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO THAT!" Mom screamed at her. "AND IN FRONT OF THE NEIGHBORS!"

"I..." Twilight tried to talk. "I..."

"Well young lady what do you have to say for yourself?" Dad warned her.

"I wanted the book..." Twilight cried more, "I WANTED IT!"

Mom sniffed her yelling too much, it was obvious she was ashamed too far into tears herself. Her face just inches away from Twilight's, her voice got heavy, "WHEN...I...TELL...YOU NO! I..MEAN...NO!" Her voice husky with stress and angry, "And right in front of our neighbors and other family... What's worse... Grandma saw it. Every pony... SAW IT!"

"She did?" My dad asked then shook his head. He looked down at Twilight angrily, "Now your grandmother and every pony must think we're raising thieves!"

"But..." Twilight still hiccuped from her crying.

"It's already bad enough that the Sparkle family is often thought of as royal flank kissers by the public! Now this will give them fire!" My dad hollered. For once can you just think about what's wrong as parent to child without your reputation as a Sparkle being on the line? "Twilight when we say no we mean no! What is the princess going to think once she gets wind of this!"

"The princess would buy me the book!" Twilight shot back.

Oh dear Celestia no... And with that... My dad pulled Twilight's head down forward and started hitting her. I could not watch this... I ran to my room like a coward and hid my head under my pillow so I could not hear the cries, yells and smacks. But it was too strong. I could still hear it. Twilight crying out in agony, my parents yelling at her because she tried to steal a book from the store.

Not too long after that my dad hurdled up the stairs carrying a miserable Twilight and laid her on her bed. I could hear everything in the next room over and stopped trying to hide. I just listened.

"You're grounded young lady. That means no toys, no playing outside and no more books!" He yelled then slammed the door.

Why not just make her stop breathing? She's miserable already with the feeling of guilt and judgment by our peers. I put my ear to the wall, could still hear her whimpering.

For the few times I never got beaten and somepony else did, I still felt bad. Did Twilight deserve a scolding? Yes. Did she deserve to get beaten for almost ten minutes straight? No... Place your call on this opinion, I don't care. She was too small to sustain any kind of hits I was worried she would not be able to walk anymore.

So later that night. Twilight was quiet in her room, she was only let out for dinner and got no desert. Just judgmental eyes staring at her while she ate slowly. She walked slowly to the table and was it me or did she walk with a little limp? I saw the bruises on her backside and damn when I mean backside her flank was almost black and blue. I moved up and saw parts of her back had bruises on them. It was terrible seeing myself have them, after getting them and looking in a mirror. They just did not suit Twilight. Not ever...

After dinner Twilight went back up to her room to go to bed early. But still, I could hear her whimpering. Don't get me wrong when a child steals sure they deserved to be punished but did they ever see or at least think that she was unsure of what she did? Ugh... I defend her way too much.

It was after nine o'clock at night. Twilight would usually ask mom to read her a bedtime story but that night I don't think she was going to get one. So. My plan? Sneak out of my room to give her the latest trinket I was working on. The little light up music trinket. I finally finished it and it was supposed to calm my nerves down but... lately my family drained me of feelings. Twilight could probably use it more than me, at least think that some pony in this house cared.

I tip hoofed out of my room and up to Twilight's door. Slowly I opened the door and no surprise, Twilight was still awake with the sheets covering her body. Shivering from fright of the dark, usually mom and dad left the door open for her but that night they did not care. She looked dead, but those eyes still wet. I closed the door behind me and tip toed up to her bedside.

Twi?" I whispered.

She sniffed. "What?"

"Um... I brought you this." I held up the trinket.

She turned over, "I don't deserve it..."

"Well... Maybe not but I think you need it more than I do." I placed the little device on her nightstand. I winded it up and soon it started to play. Slowly the little chimes started to ring softly as they together make a sweet song. If you ever heard of "Return to Innocence" by Enigma, it plays a few parts from that song because of the limitations. But whenever I listened to that song, I feel really good inside. Almost feels like I could escape my hellish world and into a better life. The little bright light on top twinkled to certain beats to the song. I looked at her one more time as she finally turned over to finally look. Slowly her amazement took over, but she remained in her bed. The tiny light splashing her face. She remained there quietly.

"If you want to listen to it again. Just whine it up here." I told her pointing the little switch out. "Well... good night."

I snuck out of her room and closed the door. The song should be finishing up past its one and half minute mark. I walked back into my room. Thinking that maybe I could make a difference. I don't approve of what she did. I knew better because if I did the same thing, dad would flipping murder me. I pressed my ear to the wall. The song stopped. For a straight minute I remained there waiting for something. Maybe she finally fell asleep? I was about to pull my ear away until I heard a sound of winding up. The song started to play again... And then from then on, I knew she loved it. Whenever mom and dad could not read her a story, she brought the trinket out to play and would fall asleep. Hopefully, her little mind back to peace.

ooo

Somewhere deep down I knew Twilight remembered that. If she didn't well I can't blame for all the years that passed her by.

"So." I clapped my hoofs together. "Hey Ghendi free Friday night?"

"Uh... Training I guess." He scratched his head. "Why?" At that point he must have had three coffee milks while I was too busy projecting my memories.

"Well." I smirked, "If you don't have anything to do I was wondering if you and my sister would like to join Swan and me for dinner?"

At this point the coffee milk shot out like a stream all over the table. "Ahh! Ghendi!" Swan shouted. At this point, I'll tell you that Swan and Ghendi don't fancy each other.

"Sorry... Sorry. Gomennasai." Ghendi got a bunch of napkins and started wiping the table.

"Here let me help." Twilight took a bunch of napkins as well.

"Uh... sure." Ghendi awkwardly accepted.

At this point. Swan knew what I was trying to do. She put her snout to my ear and whispered, "Trying to play Cupid?"

I whispered back, "Come on. I want to include my sister in some stuff and Ghendi is basically available, so is she. So why not?"

"How long is she staying?" She whispered.

"Until the end of the week, then we have to go to Canterlot for the award ceremony." I smirked. "So let's try to make her feel welcomed. It's like killing two birds with one stone. Plus its not like they are probably going to be falling head over heels for each other anyway. Just give her a date so she isn't lonely."

Ghendi is puzzling at times. His personality is rather hot blooded at times when we joke around with him calling him small and girly, other times he is calming and collective when he finds something rouses his interests. But once it comes to training, he really gets into it and pushes himself. I only seen him fight a few times where he would take down troublemakers quickly, one time we entered him in some tournaments and got some prizes which he would donate to charity later. One time, he even took down a royal guard but truthfully, the guard was drunk and was hitting on some unwilling girls. For a pony his size, I would never have thought he was capable of any of this stuff. He was fast and has quick reactions plus he could hit hard thanks to the new limbs I gave him. So, challenging him to paint ball is never smart. But really he's nice and considerate to others putting them ahead of himself. His relationship with his little brother is probably the sweetest thing you'll ever see. Always packing his little brothers lunch for school, waiting for him he gets off the bus. Takes him to the park. Helps him with his homework and plays with him in the courtyard. Sometimes I would catch them dancing to retro pop songs, they would get all embarrassed if I ever caught them. He is forever grateful. He's not bipolar, I call it mentally hilarious. Trust me you seen one shonen character, you seen them all.

Friday came. Twilight really enjoyed staying with my family, Big Tex and Betsy took a real shine to her. Synn just loved her as she would show him some magic, gave him a few pointers and told him the fabulous lifestyle by living at the castle. Ghendi... Tries to play it cool and quiet but I noticed he was fumbling a lot more whenever my sister walked by him or even just said hello. I just watched out in enjoyment. The date night went as expected. All of us dressed nicely and dining in one of the fanciest restaurants in town. Complete with a bar, dance floor and a small group of ponies playing on their instruments softly. We got a sky box to overlook the bright lights in the city. Swan dressed in her finest, I did as well. Hey a millionaire playboy has to look good always. Ghendi... Eh, does not fancy ties. At least he wore a suit and for Twilight. My Celestia, does her blue dress make her look like a mare of the night. How fitting. She said it was her gala dress and dang the whole thing looked great on her. Though she admitted it was the only thing she had on her in the terms of fancy. I could tell Swan was amazed looking over every detail.

We ate, laughed and shared stories.

And by golly we had fun. I noticed that Ghendi put on his best behavior, other times its just hilarious see him acting all antsy. But that night... I saw a different piece of him that I thought I never see. Sure he fumbled from time to time but he was a true gentlecolt. He pulled out Twilight's chair, held door open for her, let her order first, asked if her food was alright, giving her little compliments. Usually he never has any luck with girls and would scare them off with his crazy antics or would be turned down... horribly. They shared some interests in books and scrolls. I really liked watching the two interact.

So I asked Swan to dance as those two just sat back and talked. Swan and I just danced to a few songs while I kept looking back. Maybe I was still a bit worried about the idea of my little sister on a date with some pony she really did not know very well. But Ghendi was some pony who I could trust so. No worries. I kept motioning Ghendi to ask her to dance, something to close the night off with. Finally he got the courage to ask her, at first she looked embarrassed but she eventually came around. Dancing not too far from us they took it slow. Usually Ghendi would just have his back propped against the wall during the Big Tech balls and parties. Would only talk to a handful of ponies but hey at least he socialized a bit. But Twilight kept him close, something just seemed to click.

Hold on a second folks...

"Keep it above the waist kid..."

Hey I might be trying to play matchmaker a little but I'm not going too far into what usually happens after a date. To some ponies...

The night finally drew to a close. We all went back to the manor. To find Big Tex, Betsy and Synn watching some old home movies. Oh dear no. But lucky me, it was my cousin June's prom as it was going to be held at the school not too far from Big Tech. Cousin June was Betsy's niece, as they came over to prepare for the prom. I was video taping the little show because I was the only one who knew how to work the camera. It was supposed to be a great night for June but... Ghendi did not like watching this video.

Reasons why. Well. June and her friend's dates show up, except for one. I think her name was Crimson. She was orange earth pony no less and had the most ridiculous red hair you'll ever see. Also did not help that she had braces and big glasses. Crimson was left out of most of the prom photos because she lacked her date. So Betsy asked me to do it, I then passed the buck onto Ghendi. Betsy went and asked him, but he rejected with uncertainty. Big Tex gave him some encouraging words and found him a tuxedo. He felt guilty seeing Crimson wiping away her face, being the only girl there with no date. He agreed and went upstairs to change into his wedding tux he wore a month ago from another cousin's wedding. He came back out looking spiffy.

"Wow you look like a million bucks!" Big Tex chuckled as he adjusted his collar.

"Oh my what a handsome young stallion you are." Betsy giggled.

"Oh whoa. Whoa. I want to do this right." Ghendi stepped back. He looked at the potted flowers right next to him and dug them out. Shaking the water away onto the flower he started to walk down the stairs. But just as he got the last step. All the girls were racing out of the house with their dates. Crimson was happy. Not because of Ghendi, but because her date finally showed up. A tall slick brown stallion with curly blonde hair waved to us. The door slammed shut.

Ghendi just froze. Whatever ounce of encouragement he had that night was flushed down the toilet. I was still videotaping him, Big Tex and Betsy just stood there amazed of what just happened.

"Oh man... I'm sorry Ghendi." I apologized.

His head hung in disappointment and started walking back up the stairs. The video would cut out to another video of a happier occasion. I did not know that was going to cut into one of the many wedding videos that I filmed. Ghendi was again just standing there in the doorway with the three of us. That was probably one of the most disappointed nights of his life after he got his limbs back. Still I felt bad because I never erased the footage after I thought I lost it. But somehow Synn found it and wanted to watch. He had his fair share of disappointments but this one, I think hit him hard another way. Big Tex fast forward the video more and apologized as he didn't know we were home.

Ghendi just said it was alright, but still I think that still hurt him. I took Swan up to my room. Twilight's room was not too far down from the hall as I made Swan go into mine first. I saw Ghendi taking Twilight to her room to close the night off. I was hearing Twilight saying she was sorry that he went through that. Ghendi didn't reply right away but still said it was no big deal to him. To my surprise Twilight gave him a kiss on the cheek and closed the door slowly bidding him a good night. Ghendi let out a sigh once the door closed. He walked slowly back to his room. Oh man... I felt so stupid for not erasing that tape. Reason why I tried to get him to be our second group is that he would not feel so lonely and that there were plenty of fish out there in the sea but he just kept to himself and gave whatever ounce of loving energy to his little brother. Who loves every bit of it. And deserves it. I followed Swan into my room and closed the door. I would love to go into detail but, we just did it okay? Happy?

As I laid there with Swan's head underneath my chin. I started to worry about the thought of meeting my parents again. Those painful memories just can't seem to leave me alone... One side of me says to just accept it and move on, while other side just wants me to give them what they deserved. My dad beating me, my mom just watching, my big brother hurting me, calling me names... How can any pony forgive what they did?

I really had some things to think about.

But the answer was needed... As I sat behind stage in Canterlot finally with my family supporting me. Big Tex and Betsy had their hoofs on my shoulders, giving me pats and encouraging words. Swan giving me a good luck kiss. Ghendi a brotherly hug for luck, same with Synn who drew me a congratulation picture with crayon. Twilight already made her speech and came back to see me. Adjusting my shirt collar so I don't look like a drag. Just then Princess Celestia herself was on stage.

"And now I present the achievement award for his recent success. That helped Equestria shape and have hope for a better tomorrow! I present you to you all my subjects, the vice president and lead of research and development of Big Tech. Mr. Fade Away!"

The crowd clopped and cheered. Cheers rang out as I walked on stage and waved to all the ponies. And wow, did a lot showed up.

Until my sights... Set on them.. Front row...