• Published 3rd Oct 2012
  • 4,628 Views, 1,089 Comments

The Album - Peregrine Caged



A collection of 'snapshots', short stories that represent Moments in the lives of various ponies

  • ...
10
 1,089
 4,628

PreviousChapters Next
Celestia -- Solar Day

Written by: Pony Aeri
Rated Everyone



PIPPIP! PIPPIP! PIIIIIIIIIIIP!

“Damn clock!” Celestia said opening her eyes. “Stop it already! I’m up!” With a burst of magic she threw the clock through the window.

“Tia!” a voice on the end of her ridiculously huge bed said. ”You have thrown three clocks away so far this week. Maybe we should wake you up by ourselves, at least we can fly.”

“Hello Lulu.” Celestia said with a giggle. ”And good morning to you, too.” Celestia stepped out from the bed and started to put on her regalia. ”Thanks for the offer, but I think you would wake half of Canterlot with the Royal Canterlot Voice and it’s very early in the morning, the sun isn’t even up.”

“Because that is YOUR job!” Luna answered, glaring at her. ”Oh, right. Well, let’s start the day together and after that we will eat.” Without another word, both of them went out to the balcony of Celestia’s bedroom and they let the day start, one lowering the Moon and the other raising the Sun.

“Done. Let’s go have breakfast, Luna,” she said, already walking towards the door.

”We are coming dear sister.”



After the first cup of coffee Celestia was starting to find the strength to really start her day.

“Are you enjoying your dinner, Luna?” Celestia asked her sister.

”Very, but we can not understand how you enjoy this ‘coffee’ thing, it tastes awful!” she said with a disgusted sight.

”Well, unlike you I find it really hard to wake up in the morning, coffee makes things easier,” Celestia said taking another sip.

“Anyway, we are going to take our sleep, have a nice day dear sister,” Luna said, getting up from the chair.

”Sleep well Luna!” Celestia said cheerfully, waving at her. When Luna stepped out of the Royal Dinning Room, Celestia sighed. ”Well, at least her accent has improved,” she said with a smile. She finished her breakfast and went to the throne room to start the morning court.


“Boring as always,” Celestia thought while listening to the complaints of the representative from the Canterlot’s Astronomy Association who was angry because the Sun was late in sky. Again. It was almost noon, so she dismissed him, quickly apologising and assuring him that this wouldn’t happen ever again.

Finally she would be able to have a quiet lunch in the Royal Kitchens. Celestia had lunch in the kitchens every time she could; she didn’t like to be in such a huge room as the Royal Dinning Room all alone with only the ever present Royal Guards next to all the doors and corridors of the Castle. And she liked the atmosphere of the kitchens: the smells, the hurried ponies all around her. it all made Celestia feel more alive, more in connection with all her beloved subjects.



When Celestia entered the kitchen she let herself enjoy all these feelings before asking one of the less occupied cooks for a quick meal, who, after bowing before Celestia, asked her what would she like to eat.

“Just a dandelion salad with tomatoes and maybe a banana if it’s not too much of a problem, Stove Burner.” As always, she remembered all the names of the staff around the castle, guards included.

“Not at all, your majesty,” he answered. ”I’ll prepare your meal right away.” And with that, the cream coated, red maned, young unicorn disappeared into the depths of the kitchen.

After the cook had left, Celestia started to think about all of her life as a princess. All the incidents she had gone through, starting with Discord, her sister’s transformation to Nightmare Moon, a thousand years all alone, and more recently Nightmare Moon’s return and Discord’s release. However, this had also brought about good things, the rediscovery of the Elements of Harmony and Luna’s return next to her.

Before Celestia could think anything else, Stove Burner placed a big plate full of a wonderful smelling salad and a couple of bananas next to it.

”Are you feeling alright your Highness?” he asked, with concern in his face.

”Oh, I’m OK, I was just lost in thought,” she replied, addressing him with a big smile. ”This looks delicious, but I bet it tastes even better.” She grinned at him. ”Thank you very much, you are dismissed.”

She enjoyed her meal, taking her time to savor all the ingredients on her plate. ”This new cook really knows how to make daffodils taste great!” Celestia thought when she finished her plate.

She got up and levitated the dishes in front of her to leave them in the sink. After that she went to thank the cook for the delicious meal.


Celestia spent the rest of the afternoon approving and denying orders, laws and other matters.

”Ponyville has been flooded?!” she shouted, reading a report from the Mayor of Ponyville. ”Apparently the flood was caused because the negligence of a pegasus who was late in clearing the Ponyville skies. She claimed she could do it in ‘ten seconds flat’ before she went napping on a cloud. This resulted in an accumulation of clouds which began to pour rain over Ponyville.”

After reading the report she was astonished by the news. ”I really have to talk with Rainbow Dash about delaying her duties. Again,” Celestia thought.

So she levitated a scroll and a quill and started to write a letter to the Mayor of Ponyville to ask her about the damages the flood had caused to the town and the price of the repairs. When she finished, she decided to send it the usual way instead of the magic mail she used to send and receive letters from her student via Spike. That way was special, only for her private pupil, Twilight Sparkle, so she called a guard who was standing outside of her bedroom and gave him the letter to send it with urgency. After that she continued signing documents and approving orders without any other disturbance.


At night, she went to her sister’s room to wake her up to raise the Moon and eat dinner together. However, much to her surprise, Luna was already up and waiting for her, sitting on a chair in the balcony of her room. When Luna heard Celestia opening the door she turned her head to face her. ”Are you ready sister?” Celestia asked. ”Let us rise the Moon, dear sister.” Celestia stepped
out to the balcony next to her sister as they began using the most powerful magic known of Equestria to lower and rise Celestia’s and Luna’s respective celestial orbs. After that, they went to the Royal Dinning Room to have a peaceful dinner together.


Celestia closed her eyes when a bright light appeared in front of her face, blinding her for a second. Right after that a scroll appeared right before her eyes. Celestia smiled at the sight.

"Twilight Sparkle, always in time. Let’s see what have you learned about friendship this week, my most faithful student." Celestia proceeded with pride on her face. ”Turned to stone by a Cockatrice?!” Celestia stared at the scroll with a shocked expression. “My, my, Twilight Sparkle, you sure know how to get in trouble. Well at least you are safe now,” Celestia thought, rolling up the scroll and levitating it to a big cage with the other ones. She then got into her bed and fell asleep in mere minutes, not before whispering, ”Another amazing day!”

PreviousChapters Next