• Published 12th Aug 2022
  • 5,465 Views, 479 Comments

Forgotten: The Crystal Princess - milesprower06



After rescuing Princess Flurry Heart from a frigid limbo with the help of the Crystal Heart, Sunny wonders where to go from here with the first alicorn Equestria has seen in centuries.

  • ...
7
 479
 5,465

The Confrontation, Part II

Misty took the last dried dish from the rack, put it away in the cupboard below, and with that, the dishes from dinner were done, and her evening in the kitchen was complete. With that, she hung the dish towel on the handle of the oven, exited the kitchen out into the hall, and made her way down towards her bedroom. Opaline usually didn't like to be disturbed after dinner, so she was likely on her own for the rest of the evening.

Things had always been quiet here, save for when Opaline was spellcasting, but the past few days had been especially dull. Opaline barely paid her any attention lately as she had concentrated on searching a place called the 'dream realm' for something, or somepony.

Misty nearly jumped out of her hooves as a loud bang echoed off of the walls. She heard Opaline yelling a spell, followed by another explosion. The unicorn's heart began to race immediately, and she found the courage to start to take steps again, and was soon galloping down the hall, skidded to a halt at her bedroom door, fumbled with the door handle for a moment, got it open, and retreated inside as a third bang went off in the throne room. She dove for her bed, got under the covers, and waited.

Seconds passed as she listened carefully. Slowly, she poked the top half of her head out, eyeing her bedroom door. Not hearing anything else, she slowly got out from under the blanket, got off of her bed, and slowly stepped towards the door. Putting her ear to the door and hearing Opaline and the muffled voice of... Another pony, she held her breath to try and make out the words.

Her heart nearly leapt out of her chest when she heard another rush of magical energy come down the hall, and immediately afterward, she heard something she never had before that made her blood go cold.

She heard Opaline cry out in pain.

Misty felt something in her harden; an urge that pushed her to open the door and continue galloping down the hall towards the throne room. She tried to stop at the double doors, but couldn't due to the fact that ice had formed on the floor, coming from underneath the doors. Grabbing the closest half pillar on the wall to stop herself, she uneasily stepped and slid towards the doors, and tried to push them open, but finding them stuck. Finding very little leverage on the floor due to the ice, she pushed herself back to the far wall, where the ice had not yet spread across the floor. Nearly violently shoving herself across the wall, she slammed her entire body weight into the door, and there was a shattering sound as it opened. The unicorn continued sliding across the floor until she collided with the center pool.

Then she saw the glowing alicorn standing six feet from her, and quickly saw that the state of the throne room had no doubt originated from her. The unicorn's eyes widened, before she gaze fell down and to the right, not only seeing the entire throne room covered in ice and frost, and then her gaze fell further, where she saw Opaline, prone on the floor, barely breathing, and her entire body covered with frost. Pulling herself over, she positioned herself between Opaline and the other alicorn, fearfully looking up at the unfamiliar pony.

"Stop! What do you want?? Just take it and get out!" Misty yelled, most likely against her better judgement as her heart pounded against her chest.


Flurry Heart glared down at the young mare standing between her and her fallen opponent. Was she Opaline's student? Daughter? Minion?

"I don't know who you are, child, but I am here for her. Do you have any idea who she is? What she has done? What she plans to do?" Flurry asked.

The young mare did not move, nor did she answer, and slowly, Flurry felt her resolve begin to soften as she stared down at her, noting that she did not have a cutie mark.

"I-If you've come here to prove something, you've done it! Leave us alone!" The mare screamed up at her.

Flurry stood there in silence, trying to contemplate the young unicorn's situation.

Opaline had not moved, nor made a sound.

"I don't know what she has promised you, child. But she will never give it to you."

She took several steps forward, and the unicorn did not move, and she had to admire her determination. After another moment passed, the Crystal Princess knew she did not want to take a life in front of somepony so young.

"This young mare just saved your life, Arcana. I hope you reflect on that, and know that I won't hesitate to return and finish what I started if I ever sense you in the dream realm, or if you ever threaten Equestria's citizens again."

With that, she turned, leaving the prone alicorn and shivering unicorn where they laid and stood, leaving the throne room in a frozen silence.

Author's Note: