• Published 12th Aug 2022
  • 5,465 Views, 479 Comments

Forgotten: The Crystal Princess - milesprower06



After rescuing Princess Flurry Heart from a frigid limbo with the help of the Crystal Heart, Sunny wonders where to go from here with the first alicorn Equestria has seen in centuries.

  • ...
7
 479
 5,465

Locked Away

Flurry walked through the endless expanse of fog, her head on a slow swivel, looking for any movement as she slowly trotted through the leg-high haze.

"I know you're there..." she said quietly, sensing the presence watching her.

"Are you ready to accept my offer?" a commanding feminine voice asked her in return. "Ready to accept your birthright?"

Flurry concentrated, but not too hard; not wanting to reveal her intentions too early, before she knew for sure that this would work, as she used her horn to light up the fog around her.

"It depends on what that is," Flurry answered.

"Isn't it obvious?" The voice replied. "To rule. It is what we have always done, for eons. To be feared and loved."

Sensing she was close enough, Flurry quickly turned, reaching behind her as she did so, and her hoof had already come in contact with the barrel of the magenta-coated alicorn.

"Semita," Flurry said, her horn lighting up, a mote of energy bolting down from her horn, traveling almost instantly to the tip of her hoof.

The magenta alicorn stepped back, but it was too late. The spell touched her, and she reared back, her own horn lighting up, shooting a beam off into the foggy expanse, and the black sky above began to crack, a split second before it shattered.


Flurry bolted up, awake instantly, staring at the ceiling of the Scouticus.

"Flurry? You alright?" Sunny asked.

The alicorn looked down at the glowing book she had been holding against her chest in her sleep. She opened the atlas to the page that was glowing the brightest, and saw a mote of light snake from their current position over to the west coast.

"Not far from Maretime Bay at all..." she said to herself, running the tip of her hoof down the page.

"Flurry?" Sunny repeated.

"Keep heading for Maretime Bay, Sunny. I'll meet you there," Flurry said as she got to her hooves, heading for the back of the passenger cabin, putting the glowing book into her saddlebags.

"Wait what? I don't understand, where are you going?" Sunny asked, again looking back at her from the driver's seat.

"I think I just found what Princess Twilight locked away all those years ago. Don't worry about me. I'll meet you back at the lighthouse."

With that, the alicorn reached up, opened the hatch to the roof, and climbed out, shutting it immediately after.

Sunny barely had time to roll down her side window, lean out, look up into the sky, to see Flurry Heart go airborne for just a moment, before she vanished into the night.

"Flurry!"