• Published 29th Oct 2021
  • 1,560 Views, 7 Comments

Alicorns by Marriage - Locomotion



Soarin and Rainbow Dash receive an extra special gift on their wedding day.

  • ...
 7
 1,560

May I Have This Dance?

Having settled into their suite, the four ponies spent the rest of the day exploring the hotel and sampling the luxuries it had to offer. Among them were the lavishly appointed bar lounge, four restaurants including a beautiful palm court, and a day spa where they treated themselves to a nice, relaxing massage and a dip in the rainbow pool. They did attract a great deal of attention, Soarin and Rainbow Dash especially – none of the other guests had expected to see a pair of alicorns in their midst, newly wed or not, and indeed many wondered if they had just gained a new prince and princess! The two former Pegasi did have to explain that this wasn't the case, but were deeply flattered nonetheless.

That evening, after taking dinner in the palm court, Scootaloo and Rumble went for a wander while Soarin and Rainbow Dash treated themselves to a drink at the bar. They had intended to take a walk around the hotel grounds, but they hadn't even reached the exit when Rumble spotted something out of the corner of his eye. To his left was a pair of glass doors leading to an almost empty room – empty, that is, except for a few armchairs lining the walls. Music floated from within, and as he looked up, he could see the legend “HOTEL BALLROOM” above the doorway in fancy letters.

“Wow,” he murmured. “I must have missed that as we came in.”

“Missed what now?”

Rumble pointed to the signage, and as Scootaloo read it, he noticed a slightly dreamy look in her eyes. “I know this isn't normally your thing, Scoot,” he murmured earnestly, “but I'd kinda been hoping...you know...”

Scootaloo gave him a knowing smile, but one that held the slightest hint of anxious anticipation. “Yeah, go on?” she replied.

“...could I have this dance, my fair filly?”

For a brief moment, the tiniest hint of mischief registered in Scootaloo's expression. “Well...you're right, this isn't my thing...”

Rumble looked a little dismayed.

“...but for you, Rummy bear, I'd do anything,” Scootaloo reassured him fondly, her smile widening as her beau brightened up again. “So yeah, let's dance.”

And dance they did – as the next musical number began to play, a slow, soothing and romantic tune, they began gliding across the dance floor in an equally gentle waltz. Rumble had only ever had the odd movie to go by, so even though he maintained a graceful composure, he was thankful that Scootaloo was such a natural at this sort of thing. He sighed happily as she rested her head on his shoulder, and imagined them taking their first dance on their own wedding day.

For a while, the world around them seemed to fade away, leaving only the two young Pegasi to glide across the dance floor in each other's embrace. Neither of them had much of an idea how long it lasted; indeed, time itself seemed to stand still for them until the music finally drew to its climax. As it did so, Scootaloo pulled back a little and gazed deeply and fondly into Rumble's eyes. Rumble smiled back, his eyes lidding over with affection – and then, as the final note played, long and emotional, came the crowning moment that they would remember for the rest of their lives. They had given each other the odd nuzzle and peck on the cheek or forehead in the past, but strangely never shared an actual kiss until now. And as their lips made contact, they could only agree deep down that this was the perfect moment to savour it.

From the doorway, Rainbow Dash looked on with a warm smile. She had come looking for the two young ponies to inform them that she and Soarin were retiring for the night, and was just in time to see them share their first kiss. It was such a precious sight to behold, so sweet and heart-warming and...perfect, and almost brought tears to her eyes. Scootaloo sure was growing up, she thought wistfully.

Comments ( 3 )

Is there a reason you disabled the ratings? This isn't my type of story after going through what there is. But I'm curious.

11737887
That's fair enough. Also, I was asked to disable the ratings by the one who requested this story.

Rumble's a lucky colt that he and Scootaloo doing a beautiful waltz

Login or register to comment