• Published 12th Mar 2013
  • 11,679 Views, 767 Comments

Semper Pie - deathtap



Meet Pinkie's long lost (more like forgotten) brother: Semper Pie.

  • ...
40
 767
 11,679

PreviousChapters Next
Mission 7, Part 15: Caldera Taken!

The battle for the Caldera and the subsequent peninsula was a bitter and tedious one. Despite being vastly outnumbered by the Children, the Watu fought hard with a near suicidal thirst for blood. Every inch of ground the Children of the Night won was coated with the blood of their fallen comrades, the Watu resisting every step with fierce determination. But despite their ferocity, they were being forced back—the Watu were losing.

Finally, after hours, the Children’s victory became evident as they closed on the cave itself. The Watu put up a last stand to defend the entrance but the Children had numbers on their side. The last Watu bundled up as many explosive quarrels as he could and charged at the Children’s lines, weaving through the barrage of arrows, quarrels, and magic as if he were a ghost pushing through the ether. The Children knew what was coming and in their desperation, their aim seemed to get worse the closer the Watu came. It only took a few seconds, but the warrior closed in on a clump of unicorns and drove the quarrels into the ground near them. In a blinding flash and a deafening explosion, the unicorn formation was decimated. Still, with half of his body destroyed, the Watu still wasn’t dead, and with blood spilling from his mouth and what was left of his torso, he drew a knife and charged into two disoriented unicorns that had managed to get a magic barrier up in time. He slit the closest one’s throat before stabbing the next in the neck before finally being taken down by a volley of bolts by several others who had recovered from the initial shock.

It was here that Enamel found himself gazing deep into the dark, murky depths of the cavern with a mixture of disgust and annoyance. Too many of his forces had died trying to take over top of the caldera and he willed himself to not look back towards the plateau and dead or dying that covered it. They had no medics that had survived—the Watu had hunted them specifically and quickly—and there was no help. At least, not for the foreseeable future. He had no idea what was going on further out beyond the walls of the caldera, or what was going on in the stretch of desert between where they were and that large collapsed cylinder that Night Terror had insisted they drag with them. Whatever it was, he had his orders and he would do his best to make sure they were fulfilled.

He lamented that because of the nature of their mission and its glory he was unable to raise a proper army with proper Guards in his ranks. Enamel was experienced—he had fought long for his Queen—he knew that it was always a risky endeavour to convert Celestia’s chosen to their cause, but once they did they made the most valuable forces they had. He had purposefully left most of the ex-Guards out of any advances to bait the Watu out of hiding, and it had worked to some extent. Though the mere fact that he had to resort to his own type of trickery irked him as well. Were they not just in their mission? Did not the Night Mother care for her own? Perhaps it was a test. A trial to see whether or not he was worthy of his position and prestige.

He knew that it was impossible for the Mother to be able to protect all the Children from her imprisonment on the moon and it was up to the Children to free her, bring her glory to the land, and remove the fake princess from the throne. Still, this was a useful experience. The tactics employed by the Watu were too unconventional and it made it hard for him to predict their movements. What made it harder and worse was their utter lack of self preservation at their ends. The Watu threw themselves into combat with the knowledge that they would not be surviving the bout, making them a far more fearsome foe. But ferocity and viciousness was ultimately their undoing as the Children grew more cautious and wary as they advanced onwards. Traps and ambushes grew harder for the Watu to pull off and, as more Watu fell, the strength of their forces exponentially diminished until they had no choice but to make their last stand at the entrance to the cavern.

The Watu were indeed warriors of renown—fierce and terrible in their ways—but in the end they were not soldiers. A select group of Guards working together could take down several Watu without too much effort, but most of the Children did not possess the skills or mentality for that. Many joined the cause from colonies outside the kingdom, most disillusioned by the false princess and her corrupt Guard with a plethora of stories on Guards slaughtering entire townships to make an example of traitors in her vain attempt to hold onto the throne. The many subjects that fled beyond the kingdom’s borders needed to get away from unfair taxes, corrupted officials, inadequate laws, and cruel Guards who used their power to extort those weaker than them.

But to Enamel it was those close to the throne that enjoyed sheer impunity—he grit his teeth at the mere thought of it. Even his own family, living in the heart of Canterlot, actually believed the traitorous wench that sat on the throne was the true ruler. They had the audacity to try and have him committed to some asylum. Said that he was the crazy one! He smirked at the audacity of it as he recalled his past. He sighed seeing a mare barking orders and thought of his sister who had helped him escape—a family that he had once loved and left behind. He knew that he would return to them triumphant, riding beside the Night Mother, and in her glory he would bring a new and true golden age for his kind with his family in positions of prestige and power. But for now he would have to put up with these ponies and what made up his little force.

“What’s the status?” Enamel spoke in his monotone voice as he stared at a group of younger ponies collecting bolts that were usable and piling them together.

The mare knelt on the ground keeping her eyes down. This was a pony who had trained with the Guard. They knew how to show deference and Enamel liked that. “We’ve sent a number of scouting parties inside, sir. They are looking for any leads into the caverns, but have found nothing. According to our sources and maps, the entrance isn’t where it is supposed to be.”

He looked around and saw that most of the sloppy and less trained Children had perished. He found himself nodding at the realisation that most of the units he commanded now were either battle-hardened veterans, or Guards that had defected from the false princess. This was now the bulk of the primary attacking force. He knew that losing so many Children was painful to the cause. Mother-knows where or when someone would finally accept the truth and join their cause and do what was necessary for the glory of the Night Mother, of course.

Enamel stuck out his jaw, “Are you saying that they haven’t found anything and that the maps aren’t helping?”

In a way, the Watu resolve was to be admired. If only the Children had half as much determination and drive. Then again, there is only so much an untrained civilian was capable of doing. It was hard enough to get them to fight and kill other ponies. That was, in and of itself, impressive enough.

“No, sir,” the mare responded, her eyes still downcast.

“There may be a secret alcove, or something like that. Get more Children inside and find it. Try to use lanterns or light from the unicorns.”

“A secret alcove, sir?”

“Yes. That’s what Night Terror said. Find it. Now.”

“Yes, sir.” The mare bowed her head and turned away. She whistled hard and a group followed after her into the tunnel system.

Enamel watched them go for a moment before focusing back at the peninsula. His mind wandered a bit, and as his thoughts wandered he spotted a runner running towards him.

“Sir, permission to speak!”

“Proceed.”

The young colt, a boy that should have been starting at some university instead of being here, bowed and saluted at the same time, unsure what he was supposed to do. Enamel made a mental note of teaching the youngling not to use the Guard’s salute while in the Children. That was an insult to the Night Queen. He would teach him proper etiquette later.

“The survivor isn’t talking, sir.”

Enamel furrowed his brow. A surviving Watu? Still, he could not let his ignorance be known. He was a commander after all, and he needed to be in command at all times.

“Sergeant Basket Case says that she’s having a really hard time making him spill his guts. Says she’s already helped two along with that already.”

At this, Enamel frowned. Three survivors? How had that slipped through his reports? Still, if there was any pony that lived up to his name, it was Basket Case. “Tell Basket to not kill him. We may still need information.”

“Yessir!”the colt bowed and saluted again in that awkward gesture and galloped off grateful at being let off without any repercussions.

Enamel sighed, bored with hearing that the aptly named Basket Case was still up to her brutal antics. Why did the Children attract those kinds of ponies? Still, Basket did indeed have her uses and she was certainly an expert at ‘extracting’ information from others. One of the oldest members of the Children, she had chanced upon the group years ago when she was accidentally freed on her way to some desolate Border Guard prison for multiple homicides. Apparently she had been doing that since she was abandoned as a filly in some forgotten hellhole in the middle of who knows where. After witnessing the fight and lack of empathy the Children had for dispatching her captors, Basket had demanded that she be allowed to kill one Guard in particular. And she did so in the most agonising way possible. Ever since, she had a particular hatred for Border Guards to the point where she would have to be put on missions as far away from them as possible, as the red plume seemed to trigger her and she would disobey any order to ensure that no Border Guards survived.

And most did not escape her.

“Fodder,” a voice said from behind him.

“Indeed,” Enamel agreed, not bothering to turn around. “I will never understand the appeal of that kind to our cause.”

“The new, younger ones call themselves Night Bringers. It seems to be some new fad in Canterlot. Young unicorns running from home to the Children’s secret gatherings. The thrill of being a Child without actually knowing about what that entails. Not until it’s too late, at least. Still, because of that we have a lot more of them.”

“I feel that because of that we have a lot more spies in our midst.”

“True, but with the stars aligning as prophesied it is only a matter of time now. And with all the troubles the False Princess has with politics, we are able to go on relatively unfettered.”

“So you say. But I agree with you in that we have a lot more fodder for the cause. Our recruiters lure them deep with promises of wealth, fame, pleasure, and fortune. They flock to our cause. And when they get in too deep… some relish the thought of being one with the Children, others need a little more convincing. Their kind do have their uses. Very brave, brash, young… and stupid. Blindly walking into the fray. They do not fully comprehend the glory of what we do nor of what’s to come.”

“Yes. As you said, ‘fodder’ for the Guard to keep them off the backs of the true believers. I also find the makeup somewhat distracting. Why do these Night Bringers insist on wearing that much mascara?” Enamel intoned. “Perhaps copying the Watu’s mask? Is it supposed to promote fear in the enemy?”

“Suppose so. As I said, a fad.”

Enamel turned to face the newcomer. “Well? Still nothing?”

“No, and we’ve searched everything within the tunnels, but whatever or wherever this entrance is, we haven’t seen hide nor tail of it. If only…”

“Yes, yes. But no use crying over spilt milk. Which idiot left the last of these camels with Basket in the same room deserves to have their stomach grouted, but what is done is done. We are on our own.”

“Indeed. I suppose so. A good thing we managed to secure our position here. The fighting has been… tedious. Too many losses for my taste.”

“For you, Attune? I am surprised. A mare of your calibre rarely is shaken by this much blood.”

“I’ve been fighting against the Guard and the False Princess all my life. Sometimes… sometimes it does weigh on me. But this… this is excessive. The Watu are truly terrible. But then I remember the Night Mother waiting for us to free her from her imprisonment and I remember my vow to see to it that she is finally freed. With that renewed vigour, I remember my place and I do what needs to be done.”

Enamel half-listened to Attune, not really paying attention to her words. Despite her personality, Attune was just as sadistic as Basket Case, but Attune had the audacity to claim that she did not enjoy what she did. But Enamel saw through the charade, even if Attune herself couldn’t.

“We will need to reconnect with our main forces outside the peninsula. Now that the surface of this plateau has been secured it should be no trouble to do so. The sooner we can get more of our forces up here, the better.”

Attune smiled knowingly. “You are sending me away? I suppose that you believe that it should be you who will find the Stone first then?”

With that, Enamel glowered at Attune. “I allow you to speak to me as such only because you have been a Child longer than I have. But remember, I am still your Commander and you will do as you are told.”

Attune bowed formally, but there was little respect in her eyes. “As you command.”

A sudden loud explosion shook them all and Enamel instinctively took a step forward to see where it had come from. It was not from within the caves, but from outside.

A plume of sand had shot straight up into the air.

Quickly, one of the Children ran around a large boulder and threw himself down in front of Enamel.

“What was that?” the unicorn demanded.

“The ballistae, sir,” the young stallion said between breaths, “they are firing at the Caldera’s side.”

“Our forces?”

“They were about to start marching on the hill, but they had to fall back! There’s nothing we can do to stop the bombardment! The main force will have no choice but to turn around and try to stop the ballistae before coming here.”

At this, Enamel stuck out his jaw and growled in response. “As you say, Attune, the Watu certainly live up to their reputation of being a deadly nuisance. If nothing else, they are like annoying flies.”

“More like hornets, sir.”

Enamel glared at the stallion prostrated before him. “Leave the main force there to deal with the remaining Watu beyond our reach on their own. There is nothing we can do. Gather all our remaining forces here and put every single one here into finding that entrance. We will finish this, then we will return and put an end to the Watu once and for all.”

“Yes, sir!”


“Just how long is this hall?” Providence asked, more to herself than to the company at present. They had been running for what seemed like ages with no end in sight. The dim glow emanating from those strange grooves along the floor and wall seemed to have gradually gotten brighter the further they went. The slow steady throbbing light bathed the hall in an eerie glory that faded before the next pulse. As each one passed, a low, barely audible hum that seemed to fluctuate with the light itself.

Providence hissed as she stepped in the groove and a spark of magical energy hit her hoof. The jolt of magic, while not fatal, still hurt a lot.

“Indeed,” Pani replied, panting hard. “I am not as young as I used to be. Shall we walk?”

Being used to long journeys, Providence did not feel tired, but she saw how Pani was struggling so she slowed to a walk. As she did, the Watu seemed to fan out and keep their distance in a strange formation. They proceeded in silence for a while, the sounds of the hooves and camel’s feet along with the occasional clinking of armour and weapons were the only things that could be heard.

Hoofsteps sounded from the opposite direction and made them slow to a stop. They were deceptively quiet, but distinct, as is usual with the Watu. After a moment, Providence realised that whoever was making those noises was doing so deliberately. That was not surprising considering the company she was with. The Watu would have struck first then asked questions.

Two figures seemed to melt out of the shadows and approached in a relatively calm way. Still, the Watu with Providence put themselves between her and the newcomers.

Annoyed, Providence waved them off. “Relax guys!”

The Watu shifted their weapons slightly, but the tension in their bodies never relaxed.

The first figure bowed before speaking. “Ma’am, we’ve reached the end of the passageway. There seems to be a door-like structure there, but we could not see any way to open it. There is a small alcove that is inconspicuous nearby that we only found because it is similar to the entryway we came through getting in here.”

“How far is the end?”

“Another ten minutes if you keep at the pace you were at,” the Watu stated.

Eager to get moving away from the Children behind them, she started running again to Pani’s chagrin.

“This door,” Providence began, “does it have any markings or anything on it?”

The Watu thought for a moment. “No. But perhaps there is more to it. We shall be there soon.”

“Anything else?”

The Watu trotted easily next to Providence, easily keeping pace with her despite all her weapons and armour. “The doorway itself is very smooth and devoid of anything obvious, but there are distinct markings along the side. From our observation, we don’t know how to even begin to open it.”

“And the others? The other camels?”

“We don’t know. They were not there, so one can assume the entryway alcove goes further inwards.”

“Is someone checking it?”

“Yes. There are several others searching there. They should have the area ahead secure and a report as to the progress of the other Camels.”

Providence remained silent as she continued to trot towards the so-called doorway. As she looked around she started to notice something odd. Most of the Watu that were with her now were mares. Had all the stallions and colts perished? Were they up ahead? She did not know, but it was clear that the group that was with her now were mostly female.

Before she could form a question in her head, she spotted a Watu standing and waiting and he joined along, and then another. Soon she spotted two standing beside the smooth surface of what looked like a wall at the end of the long corridor. Providence instantly knew that this was the doorway as described.

Indeed, it was smooth with little to no markings on it, and as Providence reached out to touch the door, a deafening explosion erupted from behind them, echoing in the emptiness that they had come from.

The Children had found the entrance.

“Ma’am, we better hurry,” the Watu next to her said, pulling her mask down, “things are going to get very messy very quickly.”


“There! Over there!”

Just as the shout came, an arrow hit the ground next to the Child who had given the alert. There was a moment where he stared at it in horror,realisation dawning on him as the familiar markings of the quarrel registered. The bolt exploded in a wall of ice, spikes shooting outwards, spearing the Child through the peytral and face—he never stood a chance.

Suddenly, the small slim hidden entrance was blocked off by a solidified wall of ice. Through the transparent window-like ice, slightly tainted with red blood, the Children saw a dozen or so Watu standing patiently with loaded bolts.

The leader of the small unit growled. “Get more unicorns. You two, start your fire spells. We are going to melt this wall and go in after them! Let the Commander Enamel know we have found the entrance.”

Two young earth ponies disappeared to do as the leader had asked.

The Watu stared back, their masks hiding their faces, but the glint of their eyes were clear. They would hold the entrance for as long as they could. And while the Watu had effectively sealed off the entrance for now, it was clear that they were just buying time against the Children from going through this time. The alcove entrance was a great chokehold, but despite that advantage it was still nigh impossible to defend.

More unicorns arrived and started to cast their fire spells on the ice wall. It had already started to diminish quicker and quicker, making it clear that the Watu had found something worth delaying the Children for. And if it was important enough for them to sacrifice themselves in this way, then it was clearly important enough that the Children break through as quickly as possible.

Orders were shouted, and the column of children were making their way towards the entrance. The entire unit was now focused on the wall of ice that separated the two forces.

Throughout all this, the units under Enamel’s command wondered what exactly would happen if they managed to breach this obstacle. How close would they be to their goal? How many of them died getting this far? But at the same time, part of them understood that the glory of the Night Mother would go to them, and that there would be no need to share Her love and glory.

“Form up!”

“Ma’am, there is only a max line of two or three here! That entrance is way too small for a full frontal assault!”

“It will have to do! Prepare fire spells. Melt that ice faster!” The commander licked her lips and grinned maliciously. “Don’t worry, we’re going to kill all of you quite soon. Just be a little patient.”

Behind her the unicorns began to cast their magic towards the ice wall.

And the few Watu that remained readied themselves for what they knew would be their last and final stand. Their lives were already ebbing away, the madness consuming them from within. If they did not give their lives to Providence and her mission now, then they would die a meaningless death. Through this, at least their lives were given some meaning. And that, to them, was worth it.


“What is this weird feeling?”

“Magic.” The response was as cold as it had always been. Emotionless. Succinct. Brief. The Guard was gazing upwards at the sky. The others were looking at him and following his gaze upwards. The sand storm was getting worse, as if the area were reacting to something and the skies beyond that were bleak and grey. If they had not been in the desert, they might have thought it would rain.

“Are the unicorns still feeling strange?”

“Yes. I don’t know how to describe it. I feel so… cold.”

“How can you feel cold in this heat?” a pegasus asked. One with deep scars laced across his body, as if someone had tried to cut him apart with metal wires.

The unicorn shook his head. “It’s like… a feeling that something big is going to happen and the very air itself is like drowning in mana, but it’s not like our mana. It’s very different. I have never felt it before.”

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know. It’s… it’s just… old. Very old. I guess you can compare it to a book. Old books have that smell. This mana has that same kind of ‘smell’, but it’s not a smell. More like a feeling.”

“Like an old cave?”

“Exactly.”

“Guys. We need to do something about that, otherwise we’re all going to die anyway,” Sonic said as he cricked his neck and stared at the strange hollow cylinder.

Another pegasus walked up next to Sonic and stared at the cylinder that towered over them. “What is this thing anyway?”

“An amplifier,” The Guard replied.

Sonic looked at him and tilted his head. “An amplifier? This thing?”

“Yes.”

“You mean, like a speaker?” another pegasus asked.

The Guard turned his head slightly towards Sonic and the other two Watu pegasi. “Yes. But for magic.”

“Ah. Well. That sucks. Any unicorns left?” Sonic asked, staring at the group of Watu with him.

“One, sir.”

“Who?”

“Me, sir,” a very young stallion replied and bowed. “But my magic is weak. Best is simple levitation spells.”

Sonic made a face, “Ah. Too bad. We could’ve used this to hurt the enemy. But what use is a simple levita—”

The colt quickly cast a spell and three daggers landed inches from Sonic’s hoof. “Short. Quick. Precise.”

“Hey!” Sonic jerked his hoof back out of reflex, but nodded in approval. “Okay, I see. I getcha. But for this thing, it ain’t gonna help.”

“Sir, the enemy line has moved over the ballistae. I think they are going to try and climb the Caldera again. Without the ballistae there will be no way to stop them,” the heavy voice of a large stallion stated. Crusher was his name, and he was severely wounded, but somehow he seemed unphased. Two long spears had pierced through his body, and he was bleeding onto the sand. “We cannot hold this position for much longer. What shall we do?”

The Guard looked up at the Caldera through the storm. The top barely visible through the sands being kicked up by the storm. They were too far away for him to reach, and the vast majority of the mares were with Providence now. They could not reach them in time, and it would be pointless since they did not have the numbers to make an assault on the entrance to the cave. All they could do was delay the main force from reaching the top of the Caldera for as long as possible.

“We continue to hold the main line back.”

“Until when?” Sonic asked.

“Until the end.”

“I was afraid you’d say that.”

“You have an obligation.”

“No! Providence–”

“Not to her.”

Sonic bit back his retort. He understood what The Guard was implying. There was no going back. If they did not keep the main force busy, every single one of those inside the Caldera were as good as dead.


Where was he? Today was the day!

He wouldn’t forget, right? He promised!

He won’t not come, right? After all, why would he say one thing and do another?

He wouldn’t allow mom to have such a sad face, right? He wouldn’t be that big of a meanie? Right?

I mean, what would it be like?

No. I need to be patient. I just need to be a little more patient. I’ll finish decorating, then when it is all done, I will go outside and I will see him and we will have the most magical time and then he will tell me how good I am and how much I’ve grown and I will tell him that I missed him and that I love him very, very, very much. Yes. For now, I just need to finish the decorations. Then. After that…

Everything will be good.

Right?


“Nervous, darling?”

Twilight nodded. “Yes. A little. No. A lot! Oh, dad! What if I’m not good enough? What if they banish me? What if they send me to the moon!”

“They’re not going to send you to the moon, darling,” Night Light replied, ruffling his daughter's mane. “Right?”

“I’m pretty sure they won’t,” Twilight Velvet responded good naturedly, which was lost on the nervous wreck of a daughter, “they just want to make sure that you’re ready to be a student here. That’s why.”

“But I am ready, mom! I’ve never been more ready for anything in my whole life!” Twilight slumped down to the floor. “But I’m just so nervous!”

“Remember what Shining told you,” Twilight’s mother replied, touching her daughter’s cheek and nuzzling her gently. “No matter what happens, I am so proud of you. Just be yourself, and you’ll do great!”

“No, mom! I can’t! I need to pass the test! I really, really want to go here.”

At that, Night Light chuckled. “Okay, I said listen to your brother, but you don’t have to copy everything he does. He has his own ways and does things differently. You just have to make sure that whatever you do is what you do best and the rest will work itself out.”

Just then the door to the classroom opened and two professors walked in.

“Miss Sparkle?”

“Yes?”

“We will start soon. If you haven’t done so, you can have some water or use the toilet.”

With that, the two professors closed the door and walked off down the hall.

“I think I’ll wash my face,” Twilight said and trotted out of the classroom.

Twilight Velvet sighed and looked at her husband. “She gets this from your side of the family, you know?”

Night Light grunted a laugh. “Yeesh. She’s so nervous she’s making me nervous! I know she’ll do great.”

“Don’t tell Twilight, but I overheard the professors saying that she’s already accepted based on her written exam, but she needs to pull off something here to boost her confidence.”

“That’s a relief! Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because you’re terrible at keeping secrets, dear.”

“No I’m not!”

Velvet looked at her husband with a dry expression on her face.

“Okay. Fine. But it’s not like I mean to blurt it out!”

She sighed. “I know, darling, but you better not blurt it out now and make her feel like she doesn’t need to try. I wish it wouldn’t take so long. I still need to prepare lunch.”


“Do you know what I detest more than being lied to?” Night Terror asked as he stood in the sand storm. “It's a failure. This whole campaign has been nothing but failure after failure after failure. Our mana-ship was supposed to have enough firepower to go head to head with the Flagship of the Royal Guard, yet it was pulled out of the air as if it were a fly! We have lost half our forces to these… nuisances,” he kicked the body of the dead Watu, “and now we are stuck down here because my commanders cannot decide whether or not it is safe for us to climb to the top of the Caldera!”

“My lord, the Watu have always been–”

Night Terror raised an eyebrow and the speaker fell to the ground on his face, “I am sorry, my lord. I spoke out of turn.”

“Do we have anybody on the Caldera?”

“Yes, sir. Enamel and the younglings have reached the tip,” Aurora Shimmer replied.

“And how did he make it up there so easily?”

“It was not easy, my lord. The Watu fought for every inch of the Caldera and plateau as hard as they could. Two survivors have reported that more than half of them are lost, but they were still pushing towards the tunnel entrance.”

The tunnel entrance?” Night Terror asked. “That is impressive. Remind me to give Enamel a promotion when he returns. Since I believe the mission is at hand, secure the tower. We will need it now. Get the remaining unicorns and pegasi to start reassembling it. Even half the amplifier will be enough.”

“For what, my lord?”

“Well, we have to destroy the Caldera in order to prevent others from learning what we will learn! After Enamel returns, we are to wipe this rock and erase its existence from history. Only then can the true princess be unstoppable in her return.”


“Oh bother! Why won’t this blasted thing stop!” Rarity squeaked in frustration as she thought about her commitments being ignored. Her horn ignored her own will and she was still being dragged along by that uncanny power. How long had it been? It had felt like days now, but she felt it getting stronger and stronger, and there seemed some purpose to it. The funny thing was, deep down she felt perfectly normal and safe. She did not feel threatened nor fear. Despite the rather strange and uncanny circumstance she found herself in, she felt—no, she understood—that she was in no danger whatsoever.

She sighed despite herself. “Look, I don’t mind doing this right now, but I have to finish those costumes for the school play! If I don’t, everypony will think that I’m not pulling my weight and that will just ruin everypony’s day!”

There was a slight, very brief hesitation, before the tugging sensation returned. A feeling of ‘don’t worry, all will be okay’ flooded her, and she resigned herself to her fate.

It still ruffled her feathers though. All this time could have been done in making those costumes gorgeous, but instead here she was being dragged out in Celestia-knows-where for Celestia-knows-what.


Author's Note:

Apologies for taking so long! Life got in the way!

PreviousChapters Next