• Published 9th Aug 2021
  • 420 Views, 64 Comments

Theory of nothing - Elidjz



When Somepony might, in theory, have, theorically, screwed up. And in theory it might be a great and powerfull pony.

  • ...
2
 64
 420

Into the fire

I felt oddly not horribly exhausted, I thought as I threw a twelve legged monster back with a spell. I don't feel any pain, I thought as another wound appeared on my body. I still have plenty of magic to use, I lied to myself as I audibly groaned after casting another spell. I was still alive, as a three jawed creature tried to use said jaws to bite my face off.

Adrenaline is one hell of a drug. And also magic.

At least I only had to worry about a tiny fraction of those creatures. Cosmo's was taking care of most of them. His spells easily took care of any of the big creatures. And most of those that remained ignored it. I only had to fight against a hoof full of them. Still, not an easy task.

As tiny and weak as they might be, they still had sharp claws and teeth. Which my soft pony hide couldn't protect me against. Unlike Cosmo's, as I saw claws the size of barrels break as they hit him. Which felt strange after seeing his snout which had been broken by a sink. Sinks must have been more effective weapons than I thought.

I dodged a slow seven fingered claw swipe, which still cut some of my mane of. I hit It's hand back with my mace causing all seven of those fingers to bend in the wrong way. A second hit silenced it's pained screeches.

I was extremely lucky that those creatures were very slow and didn't bother trying to dodge. Because I had no idea how to use a weapon. The only thing I did was swing it around in big wide swipes. I had seen movies and attended a reenactment (which had ended in me fleeing from an angry pitchfork and torch wielding mob). I had seen those actors and reenactors using maces and swords masterfully. They would be ashamed of my unholly display.

As I hit another three jawed creature with a very slow, wide and easy to dodge attack with my mace, I could hear a big, very familiar screech. I then saw a big glowing eye appear in my side of the hallway, another cyclops. It then started crawling towards me as it tore through the hallway that was too tight for it.

Wait, it had a big eye and if I remember correctly from my old biology lessons from school (aka getting hit in my big fragile eyes) eyes are fragile. And he had a massive one, so theoretically it would also be very fragile. Also eyes are located in the eye sockets which are holes in the skull. And behind that socket lies the brain. So...

Theoretically, if I fired a spell through the eye, which should theoretically be fragile, it would pierce through it and hit the brain, which should theoretically be located behind the socket, and kill it.

In theory.

No time to ponder or think as the cyclops got closer. A simple drill spell, used to drill through earth and stone. I fired the very inaccurate spell at a range that it wasn't meant to be used. The alicorn amulet gave it enough extra power to hit its target.

I wanted to puke after hearing the eye pop. A horrible squishy sound that I won't bother describing because of how horrible it was. The sight was just as awful as the sound. Ughh, how the liquids in the eye, the brain matter and the blood mixed together, creating an unsightly concoction. I would love to have bleach on me. To pour it on my eyes. And also in my ears in hopes that it reaches my brain.

But it worked. The cyclops slumped over, twitching a bit before it stopped moving altogether. It's big body also partially blocked the hallway, forcing anything trying to come through to crawl over its body. This would make things easier and give me a bit of breathing ground. It also scared some of the tinier creatures enough to cause them to flee.

I was distracted by my amulet which was glowing brighter. I could feel the power emanating from it growing. Like if it were feeding. But on what? violence? The pain I was feeling? Or...

I was hit by a shockwave caused by an enormous sound before I could finish that thought. I instinctively folded my ears up because of it. A shockwave which sounded or felt very similar to the kind of sound that whales make (I was once thrown off a boat by the crew while being near whales). Beautiful experience though.

Whatever had caused it was clearly very big and was situated behind the cyclops body.

Said body then proceed to be dragged of by something. The massive body that barely fitted the hallway and destroyed the walls as it crawled around. It was being dragged away at such speed, like if it were paper, that I felt my stomach sink. Something had grabbed it. Something massive.

I put my hooves on my ears as another shout was heard. So did some of the creatures around me, clearly in pain from the sound. I was then grabbed from behind by Cosmo's. He then twisted around, somehow putting me on his back, before blowing a wall up and running through it.

He blew his way through the walls, as another whalelike sound could be heard. We then exited the building through a window. And everything was...

...différent.

When I first came here everything was dark, unbelievably dark. The only light coming from the sky didn't illuminate anything. But now every and I do mean every light was on. Street lamps shone in showing all the details of desolate, broken, empty streets. Lights could be seen through every window showing the unpainted walls.

But all of that was overshadowed by the massive beam of light shining in the horizon coming from the ground and reaching up into the sky.

From which we were running away.


We quickly ran away from that clustertruck, though they tried to pursue but we quickly outran them. By we I mean Cosmo's as I sat on his back riding him like...

Like a pony? Ugh no, I've seen some videos and pictures and while they might be fun to watch I'm not doing that with him.

"Please don't think about that." He said, reminding me that he could hear me thinking about him. "I don't usually go that far before the fifth date." He winked. I blushed a bit. "The... The great and powerful Trixie doesn't care about that. The curious and ingenious Trixie wants to know what happened right now?"

We were now inside a normal house, sitting in the living room, curtains closed. Cosmo’s was nonchalantly laying on a couch. "That light in the sky, that's a rift between worlds. Allowing the creatures that we fought to travel back and forth between worlds."

That was worrying. Well...
"Before you ask, your summoning might have played a part in opening it. In theory." What? How could I have done that? "It's because..."

"Stop, you will answer Trixie's question after Trixie asks them. So how is Trixie responsible for this?" Cosmo's let out a chuckle. "There are plenty of creatures and people that knew you summoned me the second you did it. And because you didn't precise who you wanted to summon, it allowed others to jump in and open a rift. Not a guarantee though."

"Ok, so what was that loud noise that hurt Trixie's ears?" Cosmo's then took a much darker look. "That was a, in your language, void jumper. The sound was hollower so I would guess a matriarch." "Are they dangerous?" He looked at me grimly. "To me no, to you yes. And because you summoned me, that means that I am connected to you and that limits what I can do, depending on your emotions and what you want."

I didn't like this, but we just had to avoid it. Did we? "Trixie doesn't need to worry about that? Trixie just needs to leave back to Equestria and will Trixie be safe?" He shook his head. "It would follow you back to your world and eat it. And they're not animals. They're smart and they can plan." I gulped.

Strangely, instead of panicking, I was just tired. The adrenaline and spells that had been allowing me to continue had stopped. The wounds and exhaustion endly caught up to me. I dropped my mace, which still hadn't turned back into a pipe. And collapsed.

Also i'll have to take a shower tomorrow.