• Published 9th Aug 2021
  • 420 Views, 64 Comments

Theory of nothing - Elidjz



When Somepony might, in theory, have, theorically, screwed up. And in theory it might be a great and powerfull pony.

  • ...
2
 64
 420

Escalation was unavoidable

"Well, are we sure that it had to happen?"


The light from the amulet and the rift made it quite hard to see, even with the dark glasses on. I was not prepared for a fight, as the only reason that I was still conscious was because of the amulet.

Cosmo simply lay there lazily, waiting for me to do something. He was the last thing between me and my way home. a sizable obstacle I...

"What are you waiting for? The rift there, you can go home." Faustdammit, his words confused me and threw me off, again. "Why are you so confusing?!" I shouted. I was Trixie, a professional illusionist. The only spells I could properly use were illusion spells. Maybe that's how the crowd of ponies that witnesses my shows felt. Logic is overated!

That would explain why they were so prone to chase me out with pitchforks. Ineffective

"Logic is overrated. Confusion is superior." What he said felt... odd. Like I had already heard. Because you did I couldn't help but think about it. Cosmo simple stood there watching in amusement. "The whispers!" We've got a winner "You're respon..." "Nope." He interrupted me before I could fully accuse him of... whatever he had been doing to me.

"Someone else is responsible for that. Someone closer to you." Obviously I did not believe him, but in case he was telling the truth the amulet was my first suspect. Bingo, again But that implied that I was foolish enough to believe him again. which you are Untrue. I then facehooved. My mind kept getting off track.

"So you're not going to stop me?" I asked. It was clear from my tone that I did not believe him at all. "Yup." He answered without a care in the world. "What's the catch?" I knew there had to be more to it. "Nope, you just need to find the way home." which you don't trixie was tempted to simply jump into the rift to get home. jumpjumpjump

The smile on Cosmo's face told me that I shouldn't. Wise Actually it was making me angrier and angrier by the second. So much that my head started to hurt because of the anger. I closed my eyes for a second and when I opened them he was gone. left I turned my head to the left. Cosmo was now seating beside me. "I hate you." He flicked one of his clawed fingers, ignoring my declaration of hate towards him.

"Trixie really hates you." A trashcan blew up. His fingers had been pointed at it. "Remember that one guy with six legs." The joyful tone in which he had said that worried me. "I got bored so I blew him up."

I stared at him in disbelief. It couldn't be true. It is The armor that I was wearing bow felt oddly cold. "We could go back and forth about... whatever topic we can think about. But i'm bored." The simple lack of care was baffling. "Because I know entertaining things will happen, but for them to happen we have to get to act two." Discord was more coherent than him. disappointing And he might have caused chaos but he never killed anypony. restraint it seems

My hoof touched the amulet, slowly unclasping it DONTNO. Cosmo grabbed my face staring daggers at me, directly into my eyes. "Also I'm very petty and vengerfull. And you..." His claws were slowly digging into my face causing me to bleed a bit. "...you ruined one of the most Beautiful things in all of existence." He actually looked sad when he said that.

The amulet came off. The whispering stopped instantly.

"You were quite entertaining but now it's tim..." I smashed the amulet into his snout with as much strength as possible. He let go of my face. He fell on his back, nose bleeding. And then he laughed. So I smashed it in his snout again. And again. And again. The amulet started to crack. I was too busy hitting Cosmo to notice, his snout crumbling under every hit. He simply kept laughing, even as it became wet and garbled.

The amulet was covered in more and more cracks.

After another hit a big ugly crack appeared on the amulet, cutting it in half.

And after another last hit, it broke.

The world was swallowed in a blinding light. Cosmo laughter became louder before being drowned out by an even louder laughter.

The glasses did not nothing.

Author's Note:

funfact: I've read multiple stories were Faust was a pony god or deity. The thing is, I had no idea that the creator of the show was named Lauren Faust.

So when I read the name Faust in an mlp story, I always thought " Why is Faust from of a classic German legend based on the historical Georg Faust used as a deity for the mlp universe in fanfictions". Then I discovered that the show was made by Lauren Faust.

But to this day I can't keep thinking about the Faust from the old german story when I see the name In mlp fanfiction.