• Published 9th Aug 2021
  • 419 Views, 64 Comments

Theory of nothing - Elidjz



When Somepony might, in theory, have, theorically, screwed up. And in theory it might be a great and powerfull pony.

  • ...
2
 64
 419

Start

I was scared, moving alongside the eerily empty and dark hallways didn't help. Cosmo's presence did help a bit. But not that much, as I still didn't know much of him. I had to trust him, as he was carrying me on his back, because I couldn't walk because of my blood loss. My bloody nose, which I had gotten after falling over a second time, didn't help.

At least it was comfortable enough. His glowing... fur(?) was pretty soft and warm and the metal covering his neck wasn't too hard or cold. Trying to ignore this faily humiliating event, I looked around seeing the familiar hallway. Reminded me of the hospitals in Bucklynn (visited after a bear related incident). But only in not having any working lights.

The only light source around was Cosmo's himself and the lantern hanging from his horn. Enough to see around us but not down the dark, potentially danger filled hallway. About that, where exactly was I. He had said something about a void, but that was pretty vague. Better ask now, while everything is calm.

"So were are we exactly? There is a hospital here but nopony around. He thought for a few seconds before answering. "We are inbetween worlds, like a road in between two cities. But it is much harder to move around. Usually filled with scrap and remains of said worlds. So this building is a copy from what I assume to be your world. It's inhabitants are more of a..." He moved one of his hooves around while thinking.

"...mish mash." I raised an eyebrow. So this place was inhabited. Potentially with hostile creatures. "Trixie wonders if they could be dangerous?" "Maybe." He answered without a second thought. "Tourists and visitors are more dangerous than any of the creatures living here. We are part of said tourists and visitors." He then continued to trot along the hallway very unbothered.

"And you're not scared that we might get attacked?!" I blurted out. "Nope. I am by FAR..." his face twisted as his until now unseen mouth opened, putting a big smile, showing his big, sharp, metal teeth. "... one of the most terrifying beings that you can find here." I am way too absorbed by his sudden shift of tone and his very sharp teeth, too even shudder in fear.

He lets out a chuckle. "I can act scared if you want, I do partially obey to you." Ah, yes, he obeys to me. I still hadn't gotten used to it. But it was reassuring. "No need to, Trixie doesn't need you to act scared as you are very safe in Trixie's presence. Also you are very powerful and can easily travel between worlds?" He simply nodded. I mentaly facehoof as he lets out a chuckle. Now that I think about it. Why was he, out of all other possible options, the one that had been summoned? A quick glance from him told me that he had heard that.

After staring for a few seconds at each other, I asked the question. "Why were you the one that Trixie summoned?" Without thinking (I had a feeling that this would be a recurring event) he answered. "Cause were in tune." "Huh?" He answered before I could ask more, again. "It's supposed to be a one size fits all summoning spell. Preparing the spell is always the same, but at the end you ad some thought or object that represents what you're trying to summon. Or the name itself if you know it. If you want, lets say something angry, then you put something that represents anger. The more you put, the more accurate the summoning."

It quickly came to my mind on what exact thought had summoned it. "So because Trixie thought about using you to uuh... give ponies that have wronged Trixie rightful retribution." He nodded. "It has more to do with it being petty, but yes." He added.

"Ok, Trixie orders you to bring Trixie back to Equestria."


And that's how Trixie got out of that place and proceed to give Twilight what she deserved. Before being declared the greatest pony of all time by Celestia and Luna. And Trixie saved all of Equestria multiple time. And became an alicorn. And did...

"Trixie."


I was suddenly pulled back into that place. The first thing I saw was Cosmo shaking me. "What happened?" I asked weakly. "You fell face first on the floor when I told you that I couldn't bring you home. And your nose is bleeding again. Cause you fell." "WHY?!" I shouted indignantly. "You nodded when Trixie asked you if you could?"

He shrugged. "I can easily travel through worlds and bring others with me, when i'm... how do I put it..." He lifted one of his front hooves and snapped his fingers while thinking. It took me way too long to notice that his hoof had been replaced by a hand. The fact that I wasn't very worried by it bothered me. "Not bound to someone, usually a creature that summoned me." His hand turned back into a hoof.

"Ok, so how do we solve that?" I asked with a fairly desperate tone. "You unsummon me, but" "But what?!" I had been surprisingly calm in this situation (in other words not calm at all but not panicking) but the darkness, silence and being in presence with what looked like a very powerful ethereal being, was starting to really unnerve me.

"If you were to unsummon me, I would be sent back from where I had been summoned. And be unable to come back for a few months. It's a failsafe against potentially evil beings." He nonchalantly sat down. Seemingly not bothered by all this. I glare at him. Clearly noticing my glare, he became a bit uncomfortable. "So how do I get back?!" I say both with fear and anger in my face. He looks more uncomfortable, before answering. "I don't know, it changes depending on where we are."

I feel my stomach sink. Being stuck here, potentially in danger, with someone who was only here because I had, accidently, dragged him here. The fear I felt by far outweighed any anger I had. I was so scared that I didn't even notice that I had spoken in first person. I also still felt weak from my bleeding and my nose was still gushing blood and possibly broken.

Before I could say anything else, we were distracted by a bat-like screeching(which I knew because of a firework show ruined by bats). We looked towards the hallway from which the sound came. As the sound became louder. Cosmo's put himself in a defensive pose.

We were then distracted again as a piece of the ceiling above us fell down. Then half of it fell down onto Cosmo's.

Then the entire floor under my hooves fell down. And the two other floors under it also collapsed.


After falling three floors we landed. Both snouth first or more specifically nose first. And then a pile of debris fell directly on top of Cosmo's burying him under it.

And then more screeching could be heard.

BUCK

Author's Note:

I keep forgetting to write something here. But I want to say that if you have any critisism, I will gladly accept it. And that if for any reason you are actually reading this, then i hope that you at least enjoy this a bit.