• Published 9th Aug 2021
  • 420 Views, 64 Comments

Theory of nothing - Elidjz



When Somepony might, in theory, have, theorically, screwed up. And in theory it might be a great and powerfull pony.

  • ...
2
 64
 420

Collapsing collapse

"This is why you wear a helmet."


As everything collapsed around me collapsed, some of the rubble went straight towards me. But then Cosmo simply slapped it away before it could hit me. Actually he seemed to be keeping the hallway from totally collapsing and burying all of us beneath it. Yet he did not seem bothered by anything happening around him. Nonchalant as always.

The gigantic creatures meanwhile kept slamming their claws in the stadium, destroying the building at an impressive speed. As their massive claws tore through thick concrete, like a hot knife through butter. Though the creatures themselves were pretty silent, not screeshing or screaming. Though the sound of destruction was pretty deafening.

I was however the only one to notice it. Either that or everyone else was too busy fleeing away to care about some lack of noise. And I followed suit. Cosmo seemed content with stopping some of the rubble of falling through magic allowing most of us to survive and flee.

We ran until we bumped into another group of fleeing beings. And then a third group bumped into us. They quickly talked with each other. I had no idea what they were talking about as they used their strange body language to communicate. I saw Fred not to far away. I managed to push my way towards him, by slipping under their legs. I tapped his shoulder causing him to turn around.

"What are they talking about?!" I had to shout due to the loud sound of destruction around me. He pulled a shredded note of paper out of a pouch and wrote on it. 'surrounded breaking walls' He hastily wrote. I could feel myself becoming paller. If we were surrounded then there would be no escape. I could feel panic rearing its ugly head up again.

There was nothing great about panicking this much. If I wanted to be the great and powerful Trixie then I would have to calm down. I now had access to a... "strange" source of magic.

Unfortunately I was not allowed to think as I was pushed around as we all went down the stairs to the lower levels. Which would cause us to get stuck and buried under even more rubble. I tried to say something but I was dragged along by the masses.

It then became clear why they were heading lower as I saw those in front disappeared into the ground as we reached the center and lowest level of the stadium. Multiple holes had been dug into the ground leading to the sewers. And the beigns were now climbing and jumping down using dozens of ropes and ladders. They were escaping out of this crumbling deathtrap.

And I followed them without hesitation. Though it was awkward for me as the way down had been made for beings with hands and longer legs. But I succeeded using some magic. Once I reached the lower level I could see the beings running through dozens of different tunnels.

Cosmo swiftly followed with a smile. He then pointed toward some tunnel with a big grin on his face. I decided to follow his advice. Not because I trusted him. But I feared what might happen if I didn't listen to him.


There was fighting and chaos everywhere. The tunnels lead to all kinds of platforms, open areas and even the surface. The shadowy beings fought from fortified positions build underground, while the creatures fought with claws, spit and even magic. I saw creatures with crystals growing on their backs throwing devastating spells around. And if things weren't bad enough already I saw multiple creatures that looked almost exactly like Jossefina and they were doing a lot of damage.

The sound of violence and shouts from the dying was deafening. And I was there. Moving and dodging as much as possible. It proved easier with Cosmo close to me. Most projectiles bounced off him or broke against his skin and creatures that got too close were slapped away.

Friendly fire was also a problem. On multiple occasions I was almost set on fire by beings that used contraptions tied to their back that fired very long and big flames. And they made liberal use of explosives. I saw what shrapnel could do as some of the creatures attacking us were torn to shreds by it.

This made me wish that I was proficient at casting shield spells. Levitation still proved to be a useful defense.

Still as much damage as the shadowy beings were doing, it was clearly a losing battle as they were outnumbered and were being cut off from each other. This is why they were still fleeing away. From what I could guess we were going West, but I was most likely wrong.

After running for another half hour, multiple collapsing tunnels and blasting who knows how many creatures unconscious, we entered a massive underground area. Massive was a slight understatement as a town twice or thrice the size of ponyville could easily fit here. There were also dozens of different entrances leading here. Even multiple underground railways.

And the shadowy beings were pouring through there and heading straight to the other side where an open steel door lay. Siad door was surrounded by towers, turrets, trenches and all kinds of different defensive buildings. And those defenses were busy firing on any creature that tried to enter this room.

Unfortunately an utter flood of creatures were charging in. Pouring through some of the tunnels or burying their way in from above. As I was distracted by all of my surrounding and everything happening around me, I lost track of Cosmo once again. As I tried to search for him once again a winged creature one and a half times my size leapt down from the ceiling straight towards me.

As it got closer to my unaware and oblivious self, I got pushed out of the way by the nicely clothed, now on armed, being who then showed her sycle down the creature's neck, thus saving my life. Before I could even think of thanking them, they pulled me along towards the door.

I followed them without any real hesitation, especially when I noticed when we were amongst the last beings to not have crossed through the door. And also the creatures trying to kill us were now pouring through EVERY SINGLE DOOR, TUNNEL AND ENTRANCE to get to us.

And they were clearly faster than us.

A convenient and fortunate pile of stone collapsed on some of our pursuers and slowed most of them down. Allowing us to cross though and then all of the beings in trenches and towers followed us in, before slamming the door shut.

The door had led to an underground bridge which led to even more tunnels. I couldn't help but stare back at the metal door behind us. It seemed capable of holding almost anything back and the ceiling above our heads was clearly much thicker and made out of better materials.

Obviously staying here alone was not a good idea, so I followed the beings who hadn't stopped running.

After a few minutes we reached another big room. I could see that most of those that remained had stopped here to rest and mend their wounds. I sat down on a box to rest. I then noticed a ponyhole cover nearby. I unwisely opened it and took a peek outside.

Instead of seeing a city and houses like before, the only thing I could see were thick stone buildings, towers, castels, clearly fortified buildings, barricades and even a fortress a bit farther off. All of it was empty.

That was until she saw one of the massive shapes in the horizon get closer. Possibly one of those that had been destroying the stadium.

And then it died. I think. What looked like it's head blew up. A lot of stuff blew as the sound of cannons could be heard. Hundreds, if not thousands of cannons. And then the sound of guns also started and increased.

I slowly closed the ponyhole cover as more and more creatures appeared only to be obliterated by a hail of cannon and gunfire.

"What do we do?" I heard someone ask. "Were in UIN territory, so we should probably submit to them, especially since our home, well it doesn't exist anymore." Answered another. "If it'll allow me to kill those sons of bitches then gladly!" Shouted someone else angrily.

"Wait you can talk?!" I half shouted as it dawned on me that the once speakers were the mouthless beings. Those nearby turned towards me and started with a confused look. I mean, yes?" answered one of them very confused. "But you couldn't talk before?!" I asked with the most confused tone I could muster.

"Yeah, and?" Asked another.

"You can talk, why are you bothered that we can talk?" "There's more important stuff going on than who can or can't talk?" They then all started discussing with each other about what to do.

I then saw Fred sitting somewhere and headed towards him. And I could also hear him talk. Yet he had no mouth and he wasn't using any pieces of paper any more to communicate. This actually made the reason why he needed my help useless. I asked the only thing I could ask.

"How?"


Somewhere else, at the same time, in a place that isn't filled with violence.

Twilight was busy reading a very old and thick book. This book was covered in all kinds of runes and text. She was also taking all kinds of notes. Celestia had told her about said book and Twilight got it from the more secure areas of canterlot archives. And she had been reading it for the past day. She had also taken a few other books that she felt could help her.

Her serious face slowly turned to a confused face, before a joyful smile appeared on her face as she read one specific passage over and over again. She giggled to herself and pulled some off her notes out. What she had learned would prove very useful.

She stood up from her very uncomfortable position, her back cracking. She would first get a back massage before preparing a very interesting spell. Though she would have to ask Celestia for some more help and confirmation. Better make sure that everything is alright.

After all, haste makes waste.

Author's Note:

What I write might not be good, but I'm not giving up. This is a learning experience. This is why I need people to critisize me so I can learn.s