• Published 9th Aug 2021
  • 420 Views, 64 Comments

Theory of nothing - Elidjz



When Somepony might, in theory, have, theorically, screwed up. And in theory it might be a great and powerfull pony.

  • ...
2
 64
 420

Edge of the abyss

I, Trixie, looked around, in search of the voice that had just answered my self deprecating thoughts, which I had spoken aloud.

Which was both hard and easy. Hard because it was dark and my light spell had gone off. Easy because there were three glowing eyes staring back at me.

Only eyes, nothing else. I couldn't see a glowing body attached to the eyes. I also had to look up, as whoever or whatever owned those eyes was clearly much taller or flying above me. No sound was coming from "It". I knew it could speak, unless there actually were two creatures.

The three, fairly angry looking, eyes were the only real indication that something was there. They were, how to put it, ethereal? There was a certain low to it and it looked like there were tiny lights spread over the purplish colored sclera(I had to take some lessons in biology and anatomy to use some of the more "interesting spells) causing it to look like a bright night sky, but more purple. The most noticeable part were the pupils, which looked like tiny glowing ,bright stars.

Did the great and attentive pony that I am mention that the eyes looked angry?

And then It spoke. "hmph, that may have been a bit... uncouth." The voice was very... unexpected. It was very smooth and soft. There was also a strange undertone to it, something indescribable and other worldly. Yet very charming even if it seemed angry. But it didn't seem hostile. And very hard to define, very androgynous(I learned about that to avoid angering "big" mares or "tiny" stallions too frequently). I just had to engage it in conversation. A bit of confidence was all I needed.

"“The Great an…powerful...hi. Please don’t hurt me." The eyes kept staring. Their position shifted as if the head that they were attached to had tilted. They also looked curious instead of angry. And then it laughed. "HA..Ha...I didn't mean...ha...I'm sorry..ha..I was definitly impolite."

It then bellowed a loud laughter .It's eyes disappeared as it let out it's loud laughter. while it left me confused, it also let me get a better look at his silhouette. Each time it let out a laugh, It's body glowed a bit. Not bright enough to really see what it was, but enough to know that the eyes were attached to a head, which was attached to a neck, which was then attached to a body with limbs. Defenitly bigger than Celestia.

It then stopped laughing and looked back at me still snickering. It's eyes didn't look angry anymore. "I'm sorry... ha. I didn't mean to scare you, I just was in a bad mood. But you should see yourself, so confident before turning into a terrified little filly." It said, as it kept chuckling. It's eyes then shifted, becoming tinier. A light then appeared from what seemed to be his forehead.

To my surprise instead of seeing any kind of neighcraftian being, I saw an unicorn. It's hide being a darker purple than it's eyes, but just as ethereal as it's eyes, It also looked like It somehow had fur. It's mane and tail looking exactly like Celestia's and Luna's but it didn't float like theirs. It was clearly taller and much more menacing than both. The back of it's neck, the front of it's chest and it's lower hooves were covered in steel plates and one piece covering the front of it's snout. Gems could be seen protruding from it's spine adding to it's threatening look.

After I allowed my heartbeat to slow down and my headache to become slightly more bearable. I had a lot of questions, so better ask them now. "Greetings myshterious being, you are now in the preshence of the great and powerful Trixie who wshould like to know wsho you arshe?" I tried to put a confident facade, the slurring made that hard. The blood loss and hunger were taking it's toll on me. The ethereal creature looked more amused than anything else.

It then spoke with it's smooth voice, which was strangely very calming. "Well, you summoned me, but it's easy to gues that you didn't mean to." I was taken by a sudden realization. The spell hadn't totally failed, would this creature obey me? Or did it fail just enough that he wouldn't obey me. Before I could say anything It continued speaking. "I am genuinely sorry if I scared you, I was just very displeased at being suddenly summoned as I was enjoying myself a lot when it happened."

"Trixie ish alsho sorry, as Trixshie didn't mean to shummon you. Trixshie's shpell wash miscashted" I mentally facehooved myself, as I kept mumbling. Now was not the time to speak in the third person, especially while slurring. I blame the blood loss for my inability to behave. Staying awake was becoming nigh impossible. The creature looked awkwardly at me. "The spell was perfectly casted, you just didn't precise who you wanted to summon."

what? I had actually properly casted the spell? "Whsat? I shad actuallshy Pshroperly cashted the shpell?" It chuckled, but was starting to look worried. "Yes, you're supposed to prepare a physical body for the summoned and mentally prepare for who you want to summon. You did the first part perfectly. Yet were completely unaware of the second part. Which makes me wonder, how did you know about this spell?"

I pulled the black book out and showed it to him. I could try and explain it, but I decided not to because of the slurring. Also I felt like I would soon blackout. The ethereal creature just took a look at it, quickly reading the first page, then letting a sigh of understanding out. "There's no lexicon, whoever wrote it was clearly incompetent at his job. And the writing, it's a wonder you actually managed to translate one word of it." I just nodded, too weak to speak. A lexicon, huh. When I found the spell book, there had been more books around, but they were damaged beyond use. I sheepishly looked at It.

"Maybe I should introduce myself, so you won't have to refer to me as It or creature." It said. I had a no moment said any of that, I had thought It... "CANSSH YOUUSHHH REASSHSH MYSH MINSHD?" I blurted Incoherently like if I were extremely drunk. He now looked extremely worried. "No, but I can hear when you think about me. Only when it directly involves me, as you did succeed in properly summoning me." I was still lucid enough to understand what it said.

"Because of that, I have to obey your orders to a certain extent." It took me way too long for what he had said to dawn on me. I could give it orders and It would obey. I (almost) instantly knew what my first order would be.

"SSSHHAVESHH MEEESSshhee."
And then an extra layer of darkness befell upon me, as I fell unconscious.


I slowly, weakly, sheepishly woke up. It took me a while to properly come to my wits. when I could endly take my surroundings in, I noticed that I wasn't outside anymore. I was laying in a bed, it was still dark but there was a lantern lying nearby. The ethereal being, sitting on another bed on my left reading some bright blue book. Once it noticed that I was awake it put the book on a night stand.

"Feeling better?" It had slightly concerned look on it's face. I think, it had three eyes on said face. And a few more on it's body.

I suddenly jumped up as I noticed that it's body was covered in eyes. Except that my back hooves didn't listen to me when I said that I wanted to get away, unlike my upper body. Which caused me to flop unceremoniously unto the ground. My back hooves got stuck and twisted in a blanket as my face hit the floor. I could feel my nose bleeding.

I heard a tiny chuckle. I was regaining feeling in my back hooves. It spoke. "I might have overdone it with the painkillers." I took a look around. I noticed that we were in a big, white, sterile looking room. We were clearly in an hospital(I should know, with how many times I had visited it). But how? Why was there a seemingly stocked hospital inside... wherever we are.

"Were... were are we? What happened? Who are you? What's with the eyes? Trixie is extremely confused. Trixie was floating above a black abyss, then fall in said abyss, which then contained building, before meeting You that Trixie has allegedly summoned, before being dragged here." I had an headache and all those questions did not help. At least didn't feel dizzy from the blood loss anymore. I tried to calm down, because I had panicked after seeing all of it's? Also, I had to mentally facehoove myself, as I kept speaking in third person.

It chuckled, put the book it was reading on the night shelf, closed all of it's eyes that weren't on it's face before speaking. "First, I can hear when you think about me. Second, I love how you speak in the third person. Third, were in one of many void in between universes. Fourth, you asked me to save you, so I did it. Fifth, it's hard to tell you what I am because of the language barrier, but you can call me hmmm... Cosmos(Not to be confused with another Cosmos). Also i'm male, you calling me an it hurts me as I do have confidence issues."

There was one part that I didn't hear, but didn't feel important. I also a name to call it... I mean him. I could give him orders couldn't I? "To a certain extent." He said. I would have to get used to that. I was tired, hungry, confused, scared, in pain and lost. Well, at least I was alive.

For now.

Shut up brain.