• Published 9th Aug 2021
  • 419 Views, 64 Comments

Theory of nothing - Elidjz



When Somepony might, in theory, have, theorically, screwed up. And in theory it might be a great and powerfull pony.

  • ...
2
 64
 419

Bloody realisations

"Everyone but me is stupid" Homer


It talked. That brutish thing talked. It had a very rough and deep voice, but still it talked.

I then remembered that Cosmo had told me that those creatures were not animals. Which served as a reminder that I knew basically nothing about anything that was going around.

The beast in front of me then started chuckling. Looking back at it, it had a big smile on its face. It wasn't as cruel as its previous smiles. It looked like if it were genuinely amused. Then it spoke again. "Allways funy wen tey hear me speeak. Tey allways tink tat I kan't speeak. But I kan, language barrier ish chalenge thoug. also.." It pointed at its jaw. "...my mout ish not made for speakin yor language."

Before I could say anything, it continued speaking. "But, tats not importnt, wats importnt ish tat you should b honord tat I m speakin to you." that got my attention. ”What do you mean with honored? W-why would I I I ever be honored that you're speaking to me?" It simply chuckled some, slightly louder this time.

"Becaus Usualy I just, to putt it mildli, smash my, uh, my..." It snapped its claws, in the same way that griffons sometime did, multiple times. "...enemish. I'm alway angri, anger issuu you see, but wen tey survive and put up a figt, ten it gets fun." It then pointed at its smiling face. "And ten Im not angri anymor. So I speak wit tem to knnow wo Im fightig. Espechialy, wen tey challeng me to a one on one dueel."

"O-okay." I answered hesitantly. "D-doesn't answer why I should be honored." It chuckled some more, before awkwardly standing up on its two hind leg. "I am, rougly transslatd and shortend, Jossefina Lopez, third of the name, undefeated in a total of onehunderdand thirtyfive duels, daughter of our highest priestess, bringer of doom, destroyer of barriers and servant of the immortal mother."

It said all of that with its deep but surprisingly joyfull, which sounded oddly familiar. Also it spoke in perfect Equestrian as it spoke those specific words.


A pink pony, covered in the remnants of a very big cake (which might have imploded) and desperately trying to put said cake back together, shouted. "WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY..."


"So tats wy you should b Honord. And impressd. Now woul you giv me the honr of knowing yor nam? you are quite impressve seein as you survivd this long." I thought for a few seconds, which seemed to amuse it (her? it said it was the daughter of something?) even more. "The..." And I then shutted up. I was about to call myself by some silly title again. The creature in front of me (Jossefina? sounded like a spaneigh name) probably deserved all those titles. At least much more than I ever would. Even though the only thing she had done was attack me in a brutish manner, charging with no technique or grace.

"I'm trixie." She curiously cocked her head. "No famil nam?" She asked with a surprisingly innocent tone. "lulamoon"
"Tat's a nice nam. Not as sily as mine, mine ish very llong and complcated. Yours soundd nice." She uncharacteristically complimented. uncharacteristically, as I met her only minutes ago and the only thing she had done was try to kill me, while growling. So to actually have a nice, nonviolent conversation felt strange. Especially since the rest of her kind, actually were all those tinier creature even of the same species as her? She was five times bigger compared to all the bigger creatures.

"Oky, now tat weve introdced ourselvs, kan we kontinue wit me turnin you into pulp?" Well, any niceties were bound to end suddenly.

She then leapt at me before I could do anything. I barely managed to dodge it, silently thanking all of the bulls, yaks and high velocity fireworks that I had to dodge (and painfully failed). She then swung her tail around, which I ducked. It failed to hit my head, but it glanced by the open wound where my ear used to be. It hurt as hell. I winced in pain and clasped my hoof on the wound or more precisely the area on my helmet where it's supposed to be.

She used this opportunity, to hit me in the chest. The hit threw me backwards, fortunately there was a safety railing behind me, which stopped me from falling off. Unfortunately my back hit it very fast and violently. Both my back and chest hurt horribly. She simply stood there shuckling softly, enjoying the fact that I was in pain.

I saw my mace lying on the ground near me. I hadn't even noticed that I had dropped it. I grabbed it with my magic and threw it so hard at her that I swung my entire around trying to give it as much momentum as possible. It flew at her so fast that she had no time to react before hitting her straight in the snout. Her snout then crumbled onto itself with an extremely loud crack.

Crimson liquid started pouring out of her nose and dozens of tears that had appeared on her face. SHe let out a very loud scream of pain. She grabbed her face trying to put her snout back into place.

"BITCH!"

She shouted at me, hatred being once again visible in her eyes. Her demeanor then changed back to her more friendly self. "I wil admt tat tat was a guud move. You were givn an opportunty and took it. Makes me respct tou mor. I would hav don te same if I was in your place." She then put all of her limbs back onto the floor and took the position of a bull ready to charge.

"But tat, as your language put it, FUCKING hurt!"

And then she charged at me. I started dodging, but she stopped midcharge and spat at me while I was in the air. I used my magic to throw myself onto the ground, avoiding her boiling spit. In my panic I threw myself on the ground very hard. Snout first.

I had no time to spit the blood building up in my mouth out as I stood up and started running. There wasn't anywhere for me to run. She simply leapt around swinging her claws at me and gracefully dodgin any of my clumsy attacks. She had completely changed her attack pattern. She was now feinting, attacking in quick succession and dodging. All of which was impressive considering her bulk.

The only reason I was alive was because of my armor and a few lucky dodges. She had first tried to claw me to death, but after breaking a few of her claws just like her tail she decided to simply punch me to death. And each of her hits felt like being hit by a brick wall. With lots of momentum. It was a miracle that I could still move around and even more that none of my bones felt broken.

I was definitely covered in bruises, but none of my bones had that very specific kind of pain that broken bones give you (I may be repeating myself but I have experience when its related to being hurt and in pain). She swung her tail around hitting me in the stomach. I managed to move slightly to the side avoiding the bulk of the attack but it still hit me.

It threw me backwards once again and caused an ugly tear on my stomach causing blood to pour out of the wound. I stared at my stomach. And saw that the amulet was glowing. She also saw that as she stopped, cocked her head and stared curiously at my amulet. I still didn't know why it glowed. As I tried to ignore its glow and put a hoof on the wound on my stomach to stymie the blood flow, I failed in the former.

I couldn't help but think about it. What caused it to glow? All of the stories I had heard said that the alicorn amulet would give its wearing unimaginable powers equal to those of an alicorn, hence the name. But what if it had to be activated? Which in hi...

Jossefina, as she had said the first part of her very long name was, was getting closer to me with a smile on her face. She looked both gleeful and hateful as she crawled towards me. I tried to move away, but it seems that that last attack was more than my body could handle. I could still feel my legs, in other words pain, but I couldn't move them. Hundreds of ideas popped up in my mind, all which would not work. Many required me to be able to walk.

In one last desperate gamble I asked her a question. "Why are you doing this?" She stopped, stared at me and smiled. "Gosh, youre te first one to ask me tis. In all my battles no one or thing ever askd me wy I did any of wat I did. My motivtions, my goals, my..." She kept rambling one while I tried to come up with any kind of idea to get out of this predicament. I was also slowly crawling further away from me.

She saw this and simply leapt towards me, landing just beside me with a very loud thump. She then put one of her paws on my chest pinning me on the ground. "You want to know wy I do things or do I smply smash tat head of yours?" "I want to hear, I'm very curious!" I reflexively shouted out loud. She smiled and started speaking.

"I do it for the immortal mother." She said that perfectly without any kind of lisp or stutter. Just like when she had told me her name. "She tells me to do it, sho I do it. For sshe will give us all for etrnity And all..." I was only partially listening to her as she spoke, too busy thinking about any way to get out of this predicament. And I had an odd and dreadful feeling that the amulet would be the solution to it.

I hadn't really put that much attention to it, so the only thing I could really say was the amulet started glowing when there was violence around. Or when I was bleeding? Had it been glowing before I started bleeding? Jossefina hadn't noticed that it was glowing until after hitting me with her tail, which had caused a tear on my stomach. I had no proof nor any real reason to think that that would be the reason my amulet glowed. But not only did I not have much time to think about anything really and it was the only thing I could do about.

I had nothing to lose.

I stared at the hoof that I had been using to try and stop my bleeding. It was covered in fresh blood, my blood. I gulped and put it closer to my neck.

I rubbed my bloody hoof on the amulet.

"...Wich ish wy I get so angry, you see. Well it whas surprisngly nice to speakk about me. But I dont reallI have much more time to talk. So I'll..." She was interrupted as the amulet glowed even brighter. It actually hurt to look at, so I closed my eyes. The blinding light quickly faded away to a more bearable glow.

While Jossefina was busy rubbing her eyes, I felt... reinvigorated. The amulet felt like it was getting tighter around my neck but it didn't hurt. All the pain I felt on my neck and throat after having been hit so much was disappearing. And then that pleasant feeling spread over my body quite quickly. Through my chest and towards my limbs, soothing the pain over every wound.

My missing ear and the open wound on my stomach, still hurt but less than before. I also felt, I don't know how to put it, stronger, much stronger. I felt a rush of magic flowing through my horn, my horn even sparkled a bit. Jossefina was still busy blinking repeatedly and rubbing her eyes instead of turning me into paste. So I rubbed some more blood onto the amulet.

It didn't glow as bright as it did before, but I felt even more power flowing through my body and the pain became even duller. As she endly regained her sight I blasted her in the face with a raw ball of magic. It threw her off me allowing me to stand up and trot away. Limped away actually, as my leg still hurt and was very bruised. I also had to move on three legs, as I kept one pressed on my open wound.

She quickly recovered from my attack and leapt at me. So I shot another spell at her. The now much powerfuller spel took her by surprise. Still it only pushed her back a little back. So I decided to use another more subtle spell. I conjured some smoke and created a light show with sparkles. She stared at the form that was slowly appearing in the smoke.

Suddenly a diminutif ursa minor appeared onto the platform, out of the smoke. It swung at Josefina and did not hit her on purpose. This clever and fairly realistic illusion would buy me some time. She spit at the ursa, with the spit simply going through the illusion and it faded away. However it had accomplished its goal.

As now five Trixie's stood there. The ursa might not have fooled her because of how over the top it was, but this should prove more effective. Which it did as she leapt onto one of the multiple Trixie's which instantly disappeared. She then swung her claws at all of the trixie's until she hit the right one. But none of the illusions, alongside the real Trixie, would make it easy for her as all of them ran around and did their best to dodge all of her attacks.

Still, it wasn't really that hard as josefina quickly took another two out. Before she could continue more smoke appeared. This time however instead of waiting until the smoke dissipated she started whispering, made a few quick gestures with one of her front paws which caused multiple runes to appear on her paw and glow. All of the smoke instantly disappeared. "I alsho hav a few triks of my own."

She wasn't really bothered by the eight Trixie's standing in front of her. She started whispering again which caused more runs to appear on her paws and legs. All of the illusions started running around to try and dodge whatever spell she would cast.

Running.

None of them were limping.

Actually none of them were making any kind of sound, which should have been impossible on the rickety platform they currently stood on. Unfortunately she noticed this too late. As the platform suddenly started tilting in an uneven slope. It also started groaning under her weight. All eight illusions disappeared leaving her alone.

Jossefina looked around trying to find me. She found me as I slowly floated back up, surrounded by the blue glow of my magic. Which, alongside the illusions, would have normally been impossible.I was also holding a bunch of screw and metal bars in my magic. She tried to do something, don't know what, but was stopped as the platform creaked loudly and tilted even more. She had to hold on if she didn't want to fall off.

She gave me what looked like a respectful nod before speaking. "yo..."

A tiny creature, one of those with bat-like heads, then fell from above hitting the platform with a loud smack.

It then creaked even more, all of its remaining supports loudly snapping into pieces. The safety railings simply dissingrated, bolts and screws were sent flying in every direction as the platform fell. Taking Josefina and the other creature, unable to fly, with it. I saw them fall into the darkness beneath both screeching in what sounded like fear as they disappeared into the darkness below.

I couldn't even hear them hit the bottom, though I could still hear the sound of rushing water. I slowly floated towards The nearest pipes and climbed on it.

I noticed that everyone, both the shadowy beings and creatures, were staring at me. After a few seconds of awkward silence the creatures all ran away, while some of the beings started clapping and even whistling. to celebrate their victory. I could also see Cosmo clapping.

However I could also hear something else.

I could hear soft whispering.

As I stared at the amulet.

With blood now pouring out of its eyes.

Author's Note:

Criticism welcome. Especially when concerning action. I don't know if I manged to convey everything properly.