• Published 6th Sep 2012
  • 1,165 Views, 14 Comments

Trials of Ivy - AfroBladeMaster



Follow the hard life of the young and kind Changeling Ivy

  • ...
2
 14
 1,165

The Princess

Shining Armor tried to interrogate Ivy several times over the next few days. However, every time he tried he started off aggressively and she curled up into a ball and whimpered, not answering any of his questions.

To his surprise, Ivy appeared to be getting weaker as time passed. He had been making sure she got plenty of food, he even had been mixing a few drops of the Liquid Love they found in her campsite in with it, unknowingly dampening the effects.

He walked to the throne room to give his report to Princess Celestia.

“Princess, I’m ready to give my report.”

“Proceed,” Celestia said while signing some scrolls.

“I can’t get it to talk. I’ve tried everything I could, but it just curls up and starts to cry whenever I ask it something.”

Celestia’s quill stops. “Are you treating it like a foal, or a prisoner?”

“A prisoner of course. It is a Changeling after all.”

Celestia glared at him, Shining flinched. “I am disappointed Shining Armor. Changeling or not, from what you tell me it’s still just a foal. I hope you have at least been feeding it.”

“O-Of course, Princess. I have been adding the Love from the vial into every meal we bring it.” He paused. “Although, I’m starting to question whether that is actually working. It does appear to be a little weaker than when we first brought it in.”

Celesta puts down her quill and scroll and stands up. “Take me to it, now.”

“Y-Yes Princess.”

Shining led Princess Celestia to the cell where they were keeping Ivy. The moment Ivy laid eyes on the massive Alicorn she backed to the corner. Celestia entered the cell and closed the door behind her.

Celestia smiled and spoke in a motherly voice, “it’s okay little one, I’m not going to hurt you.” She layed down next to Ivy. “My name is Celestia, what’s yours?”

Ivy looked up at her, and began to feel a little safer. “I-I-Ivy. I’m Ivy.”

“It’s very nice to meat you Ivy. I don’t want to scare you, or make you uncomfortable, but do you think you could answer my questions?”

“I-I’ll try, but I’m very h-hungry,” Ivy looked at Shining, “he g-gave me food, but I h-haven’t fed in a l-long time.”

“Well, how about this. If you promise to stop when I say so, I’ll let you feed off of me, okay?”

Shining steeped to the cell bars. “Princess, I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“It will be fine Captain. I know how much love an adult Changeling needs after days without, so I should be able to handle feeding this little filly.”

“D-Do you mean it? Can I r-really feed off you?” Ivy’s eyes grew hopeful.

“Yes, go right ahead,” Celestia smiled at her.

Ivy smiled back and hugged Celestia. The Princess started to feel like something was being gently pulled from her chest. It didn’t hurt, and Ivy was feeding so slowly Celestia could barely feel it at all.

“You know, you don’t have to worry about hurting me,” Celestia said while wrapping Ivy up with her wings and holding her close. “Take as much as you need.”

Ivy did as Celestia said and started to feed faster. After a few minutes Celestia started to feel a little tired. But before this could become an issue, Ivy stops feeding.

“T-Thank you Miss Celestia,” Ivy said with a smile as she looked up at her.

“You are welcome Ivy, now will you answer the questions I have?”

“O-Okay,” Ivy said with a nod.

“Okay, first of all, why are you in Canterlot?”

“Canterlot?”

“It’s the name of this city dear.”

“Oh, I j-just thought I could feed h-here,” Ivy said, holding her smile.

“Well that answers that...” Celestia said to herself, not truly convinced. “Well what about the others? Certainly you can’t be alone.”

“I w-was exiled.” Ivy had a sad look on her face. “F-For being w-weak and worthless.”

“Oh my, that’s horrible,” Celestia could tell by the sound of her voice that Ivy wasn’t lying. She held the filly close. “Well, given our current relations with the Changeling Collective, I can’t let you stay here in the castle with me, not for too long anyway. But I will try and find you a safe place to live. Now come with me, let’s get out of this dank cell,” Celestia stood up, and used her magic to lift Ivy onto her back.

“Princess, I must protest. Foal or not, she is a Changeling, and they have been hostile since Queen Thorax left the thrown a few years ago.” Shining stated as he stood in front of Celestia.

“Ivy, what Hive did you come from? I want to confirm that you were exiled, okay?”

“I-It’s in the north, in a b-big cave that has a b-bunch of other caves in it.”

“How far?”

“Umm...M-Miss Rose said that t-the nearest Pony city was one d-days flite from the H-Hive.”

“I see. Shining Armor,” Celestia looked at her captan. “I want you to take a couple Guards and go to the Hive. I know a few Changelings there, and I want you to ask them about Ivy.”
“But what about her? We can’t let her wander around the castle.”

“I know, she will be with me at all times. If anypony asks, we’ll tell them that we found her as an egg, and are trying to raise her to live with ponies.”

“I doubt that everypony will agree, but very well Princess.” Shining turned and walked out.

“Okay Ivy, let’s go to the throne room.”

Celestia walked to her throne, carrying a tiny Changeling on her back. The servants and visitors stopped and stared, but none of them said anything at first. Right before they got to the throne room one of the maids stepped up.

“Umm, Prencess?”

“Yes?”

“If I may ask, why do you have a Changeling with you? Aren't they parasites?”

“Some may say that. But we found this one before she hatched. I had her studied and now I have decided to try and raise her to live along side ponies as who she is.”

“Are you sure that’s such a good idea Princess?” The maid stepped back when she looked at Ivy.

“There is no need to worry, she’s harmless. The worse she could do is immobilize a pony for an hour or two, and as long as she feels safe there is nothing to worry about.”

Celestia sat on her throne, and Ivy sat with her and watched her sign scrolls. Ponies who came in seemed a little more nervous than usual. Some told the Princess that they didn’t like the fact that there was a Changeling so close to her, others didn’t seem to mind.

Several hours later.

“That should do it for the paperwork, I could use a brake,” Celestia said as she stood. “How about a walk through the garden?”

“Are t-their flowers?” Ivy asked with an innocent look.

“Yes, their are beautiful flowers.”

Ivy smiled and nodded. The two walked through the garden for some time. Ivy played with the animals for a while as Celestia talked with one of her gardeners. Another servant soon approached them.

“Princess, may I ask you something? It’s about the Changeling.”

“Yes, ask away.”

“I was wondering, what’s going to happen to her? Given our relations with them, she can’t stay here for too long.”

“Captain Shining is on his way to a Changeling Hive to speak with them about just that. Worse case scenario we have to let her leave, live on her own.” She watched Ivy play with a squirrel. “If that happens I intend to give her the best chance of survival I can.”

Another couple hours passed, and Celestia would have to set the sun soon. She walked to the corner of the garden where Ivy was playing.

“Come Ivy, it’s time to go inside,” she said as she approached the tiny Changeling, whom is rolling around on the grass.

“Really? Aawwww,” Ivy whimpered.

“Yes, and do not worry, we can spend some time out here again tomorrow.” She smiled as she lifted Ivy onto her back with magic. “Now come with me, I need to lower the sun so my Sister can raise the moon.” Celestia, after she made sure Ivy was holding on tightly, flew off to the balcony of her bedroom. She then used her magic to pull the sun down below the horizon as the moon started to rise. Ivy could see the other Alicorn who raised it.

“Umm...M-Miss Celestia, who is t-that?” She pointed to the other Alicorn.

“That is my younger sister, Luna. She is usually busy with her duties, or is resting, but you may get to meet her soon.” Celestia walked into her room. “Now, you must be tired. When do you normally rest little one?”

“Umm...I n-normally wait until m-midnight to s-sleep. So it’s s-safer to get f-food.”

“I see, well then, let’s try to get to sleep a bit earlier okay?” Celestia levitated Ivy onto the bed, and covered her with the blanket.

“B-But I’m not tired.”

“Then I will sing you a lullaby.” Celestia smiled and began to sing a soothing song. Ivy fell asleep within ten minutes. Celestia used her magic to bring up a barrier around the room, so nopony would harm Ivy. She then left the room, leaving Ivy to sleep.

Comments ( 5 )

Hmm, not bad story but have a lot of space to improve.

You need prereader or editor there is a lot of grammar errors
Much to short chapters, you give enough of plot but not enough of description etc

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHH!


-SPLAT-

....There goes BOTH of my hearts....

they have been hostile since Queen Thorax left the thrown a few years ago.

Should be 'throne.'

That should do it for the paperwork, I could use a brake,

Should be 'break.'

2717141

Yeah, I know.
I have issues with words that are pronounced the same but are spelled different, and the proof reader for this chapter doesn't have English as their first language. (I also have issues with "there" and "their". I am working on it)

2917205 No worries. I've gotten those mixed up too.

Login or register to comment