• Published 6th Sep 2012
  • 1,166 Views, 14 Comments

Trials of Ivy - AfroBladeMaster



Follow the hard life of the young and kind Changeling Ivy

  • ...
2
 14
 1,166

The First Encounter

It has been a few days since Rose left, Ivy followed her instructions and left the cave shortly after Rose left for her mission. She is now alone, wandering through the wilds of Equestria. She did her best not to give into the overwhelming fear she felt, having her doll around helped her feel safe. She spent the first few nights in small caves. Part of the reason the Hive was in that area in the first place were due to the caves, they made good starting points for building the Hive. However, on this night there was no cave, just a large field with a hoofful of small trees dotting across the landscape. Once it got dark she used a trick that Rose showed her to make a small green campfire. Luckily for her, most of the monsters live in the darkest forests or the deepest caves, so she was safe for the most part.

“W-What do you think I s-should do before bed Jade?” Ivy asked her pony doll. “Yeah, I g-guess I am a little thirsty.”

After Ivy drank half a bottle of water as she took a good look around, in order to assess a good escape route if somepony were to show up. It was a cloudy night so she couldn‘t see very far. “M-Maybe I can get up to that tree in time, but if t-they can fly, then~” Before Ivy could finish her thoughts she heard a couple faint voices in the distance. She looked up and can see figures of two Pegasi flying across what she could see of the moon. She ran and hid behind the nearby tree. Once they landed next to her fire, she could see that they are wearing armor similar to the Royal Guards that serve the Princesses who rule over Equestria, however the look of their armor seem somewhat darker and more bat like than the picture that she was shown.

“Well, what do we have here? A green camp fire?” said one of them.

“It would seem a Changeling might be nearby, so far away from the nearest Hive too.” The second one said as he looked around. “Maybe we should capture it, it could be a spy heading for Canterlot.”

“No, remember what Celestia said. Her sister returned last year and is still isn‘t used to modern Equestria, we need to patrol the area, and then head right back. I‘m not going to spend half the night hunting down a Changeling. It‘s our turn to escort her around after patrols are over.”

“Fine, the least we could do is take another pass, see if the Changeling comes back so we can find out what it’s up to. That shouldn‘t take too long.” The two take off and fly around for a little while before departing.

Once she was sure they were gone, Ivy climbed down the tree and back to her campfire. “Princess C-Celestia’s sister?” She inquired aloud. “I w-wonder who that is. Do y-you know, Jade?” She looked at the doll for a moment. “You don‘t? O-Okay.” She soon curled up into a ball and fell asleep.

The next morning, Ivy awoke to a pair of young colts poking at her with a stick, one of them being an Earth Pony, and the other one being a Unicorn. They didn’t notice her waking up so she decided to play dead, hoping they will go away.

“What do you think it is?” asked the Unicorn.

“I don’t know. Kinda looks like a really big bug.” the Earth Pony answered. “Maybe we should tell the Guards, they might know.”

The moment Ivy heard that, she jumped up, tried to run away. The two colts gave chase.

“Why are you running?” yelled the Earth Pony. “We’re not gonna hurt you!.”

The Unicorn used his magic to throw a big rock at the tree Ivy was running towards, he knocked down a branch which tripped her. This gave the Earth Pony enough time to catch up. He tried to grab the small Changeling, but instead took the doll by mistake.

“J-JADE!” Ivy shouted as she tried to grab her doll.

“Hey, it can talk.” he said in surprise. He held the doll just out of Ivy’s reach.

“You know, I think I know what it is.” Stated the Unicorn. “It’s a Changeling.”

“You mean those things that can change into somepony and feed off their families? Well then, we should take it to the Guards.” The Earth Pony tossed the doll to the Unicorn, Ivy ran after it.

“P-Please, she’s m-my friend. Give her b-back.” she pleaded with the Unicorn.

“No way, you probably stole it from some poor filly. There’s no way I’m giving it back.”

Ivy panicked. She bit the Unicorn’s foreleg, and injected him with her venom.

“Ah! What the hay do you think-” The Unicorn collapsed. “W-What did you do to me? I can’t move, or use my magic!”

Ivy took Jade. “I-I’m sorry, you’ll b-be able to move in a c-couple hours.”

She ran as fast as she could back to her campsite to get her belongings, but she was not fast enough to outrun the rock the Earth Pony threw at her. It hit her in the hind leg, almost breaking it. The Earth Pony tried to give chase, but even when hurt, the fear carried the Changeling too fast for him to keep up.

When Ivy finally reached her campsite she found a Guard there. Her heart started to race, she knew if she was caught by the Royal Guard she would be in big trouble. She needed to get her stuff, but she couldn’t let the Guard see her. She also didn’t want to waste time, in case those two colts were still after her. She decided to try and transform. She managed to hide her fangs and her eyes change correctly, but there are still holes in her mane and legs. She wasn’t worried about her legs, they were covered by socks, it’s her mane she knew will give her away. She tried desperately to think of a way to get her things back without alerting the Guard.

“Umm…c-come on Ivy, think…t-that’s it!” She said quietly before attempting to tie Jade on her head. Jade was just big enough to cover the few holes in the top of her mane, the holes elsewhere on her mind she could just say was a style. She approached the guard with a limp.

“Oh hey there little one. Is this your campsite?” The guard asked with a smile.

“Umm…Y-Yes it is. I j-just need my stuff, then I-I’ll be on my w-way.” She started to walk towards her stuff when the guard stops her.

“Whoa there, you look like you’re hurt. Not to mention all alone.” He said in a concerned voice. “Do you want me to help fix your wound and find your parents?”

“N-No, thank you.” She quickly stepped away when he tried to reach for her. “I-I’m okay, really. My M-Mommy isn’t t-too far away, and I t-think I saw some colts b-back there who needed help.” She points to where she left the colts.

“Well, okay. But I should take care of your leg first, it looks like you hurt it pretty bad.”

“No i-it’s okay. I think they need y-your help more.”

“Fine,” The guard said with a sigh, seeing that she won’t budge. “Just stay here until I get back, okay?”

Ivy nodded, anything to get him to leave. “G-Good luck.” She said with a wave.
The Guard waved back and left. The moment he was out of sight Ivy changed back, not able to hold it anymore. She then gathered her belongings and limped away.