• Published 20th Sep 2012
  • 410 Views, 10 Comments

The Forgotten Tale - Wind Storm



Three friends decide to create a time portal to the past.

  • ...
6
 10
 410

The Gathering

“Hey everypony!” yelled Wind Storm, whizzing through Ponyville. “We’re going to open a time portal in Everfree Forest!”

“What’s that noise?” Spike mumbled, as he waddled out of The Ponyville Library.

“Oh, hey Spike!” said Wind Storm. “We’re going to open a time portal in Everfree forest! Can Twilight help?”

“Let me go ask Twilight.” Spike turned around and yelled up the stairs. “Twilight?! Wind Storm says he’s going to open a time portal in Everfree Forest!”

A faint reply: “Tell Wind Storm he’s crazy! I’m not helping make a time portal after what happened when I did!”

“Well, you tried.” Wind Storm sighed. “We could have used Twilight’s magic, but I guess we’ll just have to find other Unicorns willing to help.”

Spike tilted his head to the side. “Who is “we”?” He asked suspiciously, while looking around.

“Oh, it’s just me, Lightning Cloud, and Morning Star.”

“You guys are all insane. Who’s idea was this, anyway?”

“Lightning Cloud’s!”

“He’s crazy!”

The door was shut.

“Hey, wait a second! I need to tell you something very important!” yelled Wind Storm.

“Make it quick. You smell like a burnt apple pie that was left in the rain.” Spike groaned.

“Lightning Cloud isn’t crazy, a doctor had him tested! He’s 80 percent sane... or was that insane?”

The door was slammed shut.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lightning Cloud trotted along the road.

“I wonder if Rarity is in today?” He wondered.

He knocked on the door of the lavish house, which was impossible to not distinguish as Rarity’s.

“Hello?” He asked.

“Come in, darling.” replied Rarity.

“No thanks. I was just checking by to see if you could help us open a portal in Everfree Forest. We want to rediscover the past.” Lightning Cloud said.

“Well, it sounds exciting. It might ruin my new manicure, though.” Rarity said.

“Please, Rarity? We need all the Unicorns we can get!” pleaded Lightning Cloud.

“Well, if you insist... Oh dear, your mane is charred, and your coat is in terrible condition. Don’t worry, I’ll fix it right up!!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning Star blink teleported around town. He was really getting the hang of the spell. He had knocked on a couple doors, broken some windows, and had recruited a few ponies that would help create the portal. He would just go to the southern end of town, and.....

“Ahhh!”

“Oh, sorry Applejack!” Morning Star exclaimed. “I was thinking about something, and I guess I didn’t watch where I was going.”

“No problem, sugarcube. But what the hay is this time portal hoey that I’m hearing from that uppity Pegasus Wind Storm?”

“Oh, we’re all going to open a time portal in Everfree Forest!”

“Well, that’s all nice and all, but what’s the use of a big ol’ time portal near the Everfree Forest?” Applejack drawled.

“I dunno, Storm Cloud’s idea,” replied Morning Star.

“I can’t help ya folks, being an earth pony and all, but I’ll attend the opening.”

“Yea sure! See you there!” exclaimed Morning Star.

At that moment, Big Macintosh came along, hoisting multiple baskets of apples.

“Brother, this pony here wants us to see their lil’ time portal thing! So what do ya say?”

“Eeeyup!”

“Hmm... Maybe I should go find Dash.” Thought Wind Storm. “She’ll probably do something crazy during the opening, like a sonic rainboom, which might boost the Unicorn’s magic to the point of destroying the forest. Then again, knowing my cousin, that’ll be exciting. Why not?”

He flew up into the clouds, hoping to spot a snoozing pony somewhere in the sky. After flying around for a couple minutes, he saw a yellow pony. After staring at the pony for a couple seconds, he blinked, did a double-take, and briefly lost concentration and fell for a couple feet.

“FLUTTERSHY?!” he cried. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh... H-h-hi Wind Storm...”

“Why did you come up here? I thought you liked the ground and your animals better.”

“R-r-rainbow Dash said it would be fun...”

“Speaking of my cousin, where is she?” Wind Storm asked.

“She’s your cousin?’ Fluttershy (quietly) replied.

“Yup. Notice the tail?”

“Rainbow’s in Cloudsdale right now, giving a speech. I don’t think you should go there right now.”

“Aww... Oh! Fluttershy, do you wanna go to the Everfree Forest for the opening of our time
portal?”

Fluttershy noticeably shuddered.

“But the Everfree Forest has lots of scary creatures...”

“Oh, come on, Fluttershy! It’ll be on the edge of the forest. There are no monsters there!” Wind Storm pleaded.

“But there’ll be lots of people... lots and lots and lots...”

“It’ll be fine. They’ll all be looking at the portal, so no one will look at you!”

“When you put it that way...”

“So you’ll come? Great! See you there!’ Wind Storm enthusiastically said, and proceeded to fly away, presumably to Cloudsdale.

“I don’t think Rainbow Dash would want you to go there right now...” Fluttershy whispered.
Wind Storm had already flew out of sight before she could finish.

Meanwhile, Lightning Cloud, after becoming much more fashionable than usual (“You can thank me later.” said Rarity), decided to go visit the Pinkie Pie residence. He knocked on the door. A hoof lightly tapped him on the shoulder. He spun around to face the possible threat, which he would-

“Lightning Cloud?” Morning Star asked quizzically. “Why are you staring at me like that?”

“Oh! I’m sorry. I was just thinking about something.” Lightning Cloud mumbled.

“Also, why are you just standing here?”

“I’m going to get Pinky Pie to come to our portal opening. That way, we don’t have to plan a party.”

The door was open a crack, barely enough to hide large, pink colored cannons.

“Do you think Wind Storm already told her?” asked Lightning Cloud.

Suddenly Pinkie Pie opened the door so wide that Morning Star, who was leaning on the door, crashed onto the front door mat of Sugarcube Corner.

“Hey, Lightning Cloud." said Pinkie Pie, bouncing up and down. “Where’s Morning Star and Wind Storm? You guys are usually together."

Pinkie Pie looked around, apparently not noticing Morning Star lying on the ground in front of her.

“I’m right here,” groaned Morning Star.

"Don't listen to that!" cried Lightning Cloud. "A malignant spirit is attempting to feed on your love and tolerance!"

"Okie dokie lokie!" Pinkie Pie happily replied, still unaware of Morning Star. "I have to get ready for the portal opening. See ya!"

Seeing no other ponies to alert, the two friends decided to head back to the Everfree Forest, where they would wait for Wind Storm to come back from gathering pegasi to watch the ceremony.

Malignant spirit?" asked Morning Star. "Where the hay did you get that idea from?"

"Were you at Canterlot for Hearthswarming Eve?" inquired Lightning Cloud.

"No, but what does that have to do with-"

"Forget that I ever said anything."

Wind Storm flew into Cloudsdale, searching for a cyan pony.

“Hey, Moon Shine!” he yelled at a passerby Pegasus.

“Wind Storm! What do you need?” yelled the pony.

“Do you know where Rainbow Dash is? Fluttershy said she was giving a speech.”

“Right over there.” He pointed toward the center of Cloudsdale.

“Thanks!”

He sped off directly toward the sound of ponies cheering and destruction, which Wind Storm assumed was the product of pegasi on caffeine, or Ditzy Doo (to most ponies, Derpy). He quickly dismissed the thought of the two ideas combined, which would have surely destroyed Cloudsdale. In the distance, he saw a podium with a large group of pegasi around it, and a singular pony giving a speech to the crowd, which he assumed was Rainbow Dash. He settled in, but a couple of black hooded ponies blocked his view.

"Hey, can you please move?" Wind Storm exclaimed.

One of the ponies turned around. His purple eyes flashed. Suddenly, the blue Pegasus felt himself being pulled inexplicably forward. He managed to fly above the crowd, but he still crashed into the wooden podium with a loud thud.

"Buckin' 'ay." he mumbled.

Rainbow Dash looked down on him quizzically.

"This is why I don't like to talk about my family," she said, eliciting laughter from the crowd.

"Heh! That was an epic fail!" exclaimed Dumb-bell, which also made Hoops and Score laugh, his two eternal cronies.

Wind Storm grew red with embarrassment. He walked slowly to where the three bullies of Cloudsdale stood, laughing their heads off.

"Hey, Dumb-bell! See any birds up there?"

"No..." Dumb-bell replied, wondering if it was a trick question.

"Really? Maybe you'll see them now."

And with that, Wind Storm solidly smacked him across the face with his hoof.

“There you go. A good punch always fixes eyesight.” Wind Storm said with satisfaction.

"Storm! Get over here!" Rainbow Dash beckoned him over. "Look, I don't know what you were doing, but it's hurting my reputation!"

"One of the ponies in the crowd was a unicorn, and he used magic to throw me into the podium!" exclaimed Wind Storm.

"Whatever. Pinkie already told me about the portal. No offense, cuz, but if you’re going, you’re gonna have to do better than that. Maybe you should leave it to the pros.”

“Nah. I know you want to go, but you're not the only pony who loves adventure."

"By the way, I think one of the unicorns was making a book on the history of Cloudsdale and Ponyville. Your dad was pretty famous, right? What's his name?"

"Dust Storm I. In case that pony wanted to know, my grandfather's name was Dust Storm II."

"But that's impossible!" yelled Rainbow Dash.

"There was an accident with Dr. Whooves' time machine. Maybe a contraceptive. Anyway, see you at the opening!" shouted Wind Storm, flying off toward Everfree Forest.

"Oh boy." muttered Rainbow Dash, putting her hoof on her forehead.

Comments ( 4 )

Herro! Glad to see this is finally published. Except for the fact that we're (read: you) going to have to work a bit more on it. Either way. Have a moustache. ::moustache:
“Lightning Cloud isn’t crazy, a doctor had him tested! He’s 80 percent sane... or was that insane?” ::facehoof: Edit: Whoops. Almost forgot. FIRST! AT LEAST ON THIS CHAPTER!

Yeah, we (read you) is right :ajsleepy:.

Can you try and get the rest of the team on? (I guess that's what I'm going to refer to them as) It kind of drives me crazy :pinkiecrazy: when I have to work with other OCs that I really don't have a clear image of.

If you don't have a clear image of them, paint one of them. And if they don't like it, tell them to change it themselves.

Viewpoint? This is a 3rd person story. The viewpoint is from an omniscient :trollestia: narrator.

Description. Uh... :ajbemused:

Login or register to comment