• Published 5th Feb 2021
  • 4,416 Views, 238 Comments

The Chalk Prince and the Clover - FrostTheWolf



Albedo and Klee find themselves in the land of Equestria after an alchemical accident. Now, they need to find their way back to Teyvat... though, that's easier said than done (Genshin Impact/MLP Crossover)

  • ...
10
 238
 4,416

14- Schwestern

In the bustling city of Canterlot, if there was ever a problem that its citizens felt the need to address, the place where you would usually do so is in the Royal Court. Whether it was during the early hours of the morning for Day Court or hours after sundown for Night Court, if some creature were able to make it, it allowed for them to voice their concerns to either Princess Celestia or Princess Luna directly. Which made it more likely for whatever the issue was to be addressed in a timely and precise manner. Provided that it was somehow meaningful, since there were some requests that even the royal sisters could not even fulfill.

“Thank you everyone for coming today, but unfortunately as of this moment, Day Court has officially been adjourned,” Princess Celestia addressed the remaining creatures that were in the hall of the elements. If Celestia wanted to, she would be more than willing to hear everything that every creature in the room had to say. However, if she continued on, the alicorn would end up having less time for any of the other tasks that needed to be completed, “We’ll be open up bright and early tomorrow morning. Though, as a reminder, Night Court will not be in session tonight. Thank you very much and have a wonderful day.”

Of course, Luna did not have any real or legitimately important reason as to why she wanted to take the night off. If anything, it was more than likely that the princess wanted a break. Especially after having to do meet and greets with a hoof-ful of public officials today, including some from the town of Hollow Shades. So Celestia decided to say that so that she could have Luna rest easy tonight.

Though, as she left the throne room and began to trot back towards her chambers, Celestia happened to have run into the alicorn of the night. “Oh, hello sister,” she spoke up, “How are you?”

“Doing alright,” the solar princess replied, “How about you?”

“Miserable,” Luna groaned, “Even though I was with the captain of the Royal Guard and we carefully explained to them the precautions that are being taken after what happened at Twilight’s School, they think that it’s not enough! If they think it’s that easy in order to just ‘deploy’ the guard at any given time, then they should try it themselves! There’s just no convincing them.”

“Do bear in mind that Hollow Shades was where the Pony of Shadows ended up re-emerging after being sealed in Limbo,” Celestia reminded her, “They have a right to be concerned, especially after what took place in their home town.”

“I understand, but-”

“Don’t let it stress you out,” the alicorn reassured her sister, “I went ahead and cancelled Night Court for you, so you can have the night off. Use the chance to clear your mind a bit.”

“Why thank you, sister-” Before Luna could go any further though, a scroll of parchment materialized in front of them. One with a lavender ribbon and a seal that resembled a six pointed star, “A letter from Twilight? At this hour?”

Celestia was surprised by this as well. It had been some time that she had received a letter from her former student. If anything, the letters that she would receive were either seen as progress reports going on with activities at the school or her asking for some advice. Though, as she began to open the letter, the two of them soon realized that the subject that Twilight was writing about was not quite what they were expecting.


Dear Princess Celestia

Today, we had a rather bizarre occurrence happen today at the school of friendship. Normally, many ponies would take this as ‘just another day in Ponyville’. Though, given everything that had transpired within the last few hours, I felt the need to write to you about the current situation immediately.

It started earlier today, when Sandbar and his friends encountered a pair of siblings, to which they brought to Starlight. They had no idea where they were and were looking for some creature to help them find their way back home. Seems straightforward, right? Though, from what Starlight tells me, that’s not the case. Especially since these two siblings, known as Albedo and Klee, aren’t exactly what I thought they would be.

For starters, they’re human. Not the humans that you would see on the other side of the mirror where Sunset Shimmer resides. I’m talking about humans from a different world entirely and who are able to have abilities akin to that of magic. When I first originally heard their story, I thought it was a trick played by Discord. Though, Spike told me that he happened to be on vacation, so that rules out that possibility.

Then there’s the two in question that I’m writing to you about. First, there’s Albedo, who’s an alchemist by trade and whose knowledge on different subjects surprised me. When trying to conduct research on how he and Klee were going to get home, he not only read through one of Starswirl the Bearded’s books on magic, but understood everything too. After that, there’s Klee, Albedo’s little sister. She’s… well… let’s just say that it would be beyond dangerous if Pinkie Pie and Klee were left alone in the same room together. Let alone if Discord was with them too.

There’s a lot of things that happened, most of which I can’t find a way to explain to you through just a simple letter. So, I wanted to ask if it was possible if you and Luna could come by the castle sometime so that we can talk more about this face to face. Not only that, but it might provide the opportunity to introduce you to both of them. Even though the task of trying to get them back to their home may seem challenging, I want to do everything that I can to help them.

Your fellow Princess,

Twilight Sparkle

P.S. I took the time to include a picture of both Albedo and Klee with this letter so you can put names to faces. Klee is the little one dressed in red while the one that is carrying her is Albedo.


“So, what’s it about, sister?”

When Celestia looked back towards her sister, all she could really do was let out a deep breath, “From the sounds of it, Twilight has her hooves full,” the alicorn replied, before levitating the letter over to her sister, “Take a look for yourself.”

Luna did so, though after looking over for a few moments and glancing at the photo, the alicorn of the night could hardly believe what she was reading. “Is she sure that Discord wasn’t somehow involved with this? Him being gone around the same time this happened seems… fishy.”

“Really, sister?” Celestia raised an eyebrow, “Just because some creature is absent doesn’t mean that they’re responsible for what happened while they were gone. For example, you were nowhere to be seen during Cadence’s wedding, yet you aren’t responsible for Chrysalis’ invasion of Canterlot.”

At that comment, Luna was going to say something. Though, she unfortunately couldn’t come up with a proper retort. “Point taken.”

“In any case,” the solar princess continued, “We should save our judgements for when we actually meet these two. Hearing about them is one thing, but actually seeing them face to face and conversing with them can allow for us to understand more about their situation as well as get to know them. After all, Twilight did say that the whole situation could not be explained with just a simple letter.”

“Do you have a date in mind?” Luna then asked.

“Perhaps tomorrow afternoon. I can have Day Court finish early and rearrange my schedule so we can make the time to go see them. Would that work for you?”

All her sister could do was nod in agreement. Though, as Celestia trotted away, a thought entered Luna’s mind. A thought that made her consider a change in routine from what she would normally do.

She wondered if seeing the dreams of this… Albedo and Klee could provide more insight into their situation. Or at least, help her understand who they are.


Author's Note:

Said picture that Twilight provided:

Art belongs to u/_kiwiai on Reddit and was found here.