• Published 5th Feb 2021
  • 4,359 Views, 238 Comments

The Chalk Prince and the Clover - FrostTheWolf



Albedo and Klee find themselves in the land of Equestria after an alchemical accident. Now, they need to find their way back to Teyvat... though, that's easier said than done (Genshin Impact/MLP Crossover)

  • ...
10
 238
 4,359

22- Eisenerz

Not long after the surprise and unexpected meeting with Princess Celestia, the preparations that Albedo were making continued apace. While the seed from the tree of harmony was continuing to steadily grow, the alchemist was focused on another important step. If he was going to go forward with constructing the ‘crucible’ that was going to be around the seed, then the alchemist was going to need materials. Mainly, materials that had a tolerance to magic, which in itself was kind of hard to come by. His first point of reference was the metallic frames that were used to hold the gemstones that were in the elements of harmony, however, that material itself was extremely rare to the point that it wouldn’t show up in any nearby mines.

So, with that being the case, the alchemist shifted his focus a bit. If those materials weren’t going to work, then perhaps he should look into other rock formations and materials that were able to tolerate magic as well. Which, in turn, led back around to what he was doing now. After Spike mentioned to him that he and Rarity would go on expeditions to find gemstones for clothes that the seamstress would work on, Albedo asked if he could join them the next time that the two of them were heading towards the caves. Since the unicorn’s magic was able to help them come across any crystals or gems in the earth, it would allow him the chance to see if some of the ores and metals that Equestria had were similar to Teyvat in any way.

Of course, Rarity herself was thrilled to have him along just for being there. “Oh, how marvelous of you to join us today, Mr. Albedo. Why, I didn’t think you would be interested in joining us on one of our expeditions.”

“Well, I’m glad that you agreed to my request,” Albedo replied back as he took a glance over at who else was with them. Klee might be back at the school with Sandbar and a few of his friends, but Spike was also here with the alchemist and the unicorn, “I’m sure that Twilight has informed you of our situation, so you must be aware as to how important this is for my sister and I in trying to find a way home?”

“I am well aware, yes,” the seamstress nodded her head, “While metals and ores aren’t entirely my forte when it comes to this kind of work, I actually know a couple of creatures that could help make your search easier. You could say that they are a business partner.”

Now Albedo couldn’t help but feel a bit curious at that. “Business partner?”

“Some time ago, one of Pinkie’s sisters named Maud Pie decided to visit Ponyville and her sister. Since then, she’s actually moved into a cave outside of town,” Spike now took the initiative to fill in the gaps, “While she may seem… blunt, Maud knows a lot about rocks and minerals. Heck, aside from Pinkie, most of her family lives on a rock farm in Rockville. Maud actually helped us find a couple of cave systems to find new gems after the places that we’ve tried looking at before weren’t exactly turning up as many minerals as Rarity had hoped for.”

“So what you’re trying to say is that if any creature would happen to know something about rocks, mining or metals, it would be her?” Albedo then asked, with Spike’s only reply to the question being a confident nod.

“Either way, it’ll be good to see Maud again,” Rarity replied with a smile as they arrived at their destination, “Alright, here we are.”

Once they had finished walking, Albedo found himself standing in front of an entrance to another cave. However, unlike the cave that belonged to the Tree of Harmony, this one was different and even had a ‘Welcome Home’ mat and what looked to be a mailbox in front of its entrance. Though, there didn’t look to be any signs of anyone living there.

“That’s strange… Are you sure that she’s home, Rarity-?”

“Hello.”

The sudden statement startled Spike as Albedo turned around and saw what looked to be a grey earth pony with a flat purple mane and teal eyes standing behind them. There were shades of purple over the lids of her eyes and she wore a dark navy dress over her clothes and had grey saddlebags as well.

“Oh hi, Maud,” Rarity spoke up now before trotting over to her, “How have you been?”

“Nothing different, just fine,” the mare said plainly, before noticing Rarity’s companions as they came over, “Oh. You brought friends it seems.”

“Why yes,” the unicorn told the earth pony, before pointing to her companions, “I believe you’ve already met Spike, but this is Albedo. He recently arrived in Ponyville and was needing some materials for his research.”

“Materials?” Maud asked, “From rocks.”

Albedo now chose to speak up as he looked at the earth pony, “What I’m looking for is in the caves where you would normally guide Rarity and Spike through. I’m trying to find strong metals that would be within the caves like Iron.”

“Iron,” the earth pony repeated, before looking to Rarity, “That can be found in caves, yes.”

“Marvelous!” Rarity proclaimed, before swiftly turning towards Spike and Albedo, “Wait right there, you two. We’ll go get the necessary equipment and then we’ll be on our way!” Shortly afterwards, both the unicorn and earth pony trotted off, leaving the alchemist and the dragon by themselves.

“Is Maud usually like that?” Albedo then asked the dragon out of curiosity, “I mean, for being Pinkie’s sister, I… didn’t really expect for her to be so blunt.”

“Yeah, that’s kind of normal for Maud,” Spike shrugged his shoulders, “She might come off as monotonous, but she means well. Heck, Maud’s the only pony that we know that’s rather knowledgeable when it comes to rocks and caves. Even has a Rocktorate to prove it.”

“Rocktorate?” the alchemist replied, “Don’t you mean doctorate?”

“What’s the difference?” Spike asked as he shrugged his shoulders.

All Albedo could do was fold his arms as he and Spike waited for Rarity and Maud to come back out. Though, while he was waiting, he began to wonder what his sister would be up too right around now.


“Whee!! This is so fun!!”

While her brother was out on a trip with Spike and Rarity, Klee took it upon herself in order to make an impromptu visit to see Sandbar and the rest of his friends. Of course, she didn’t quite tell anypony where exactly she was going and the only one of Sandbar’s friends that she actually ran into today was Yona. Though, if it gave her the chance to ride piggyback on top of the yak, then it shouldn’t exactly be too much of a problem now, right?

“Yona like that friend Klee is having fun!”

“Yona, what’s going on-” They heard what sounded like Sandbar ask as he and a couple more of his friends happened to run into her. Though, none of them were expecting to see the little girl that was sitting comfortably on her back. “K-klee, what’s going on? Is someone in t-trouble?”

“No silly! Big brother is doing something very important, so Klee thought that she could play with her friends!!” Klee proclaimed with a smile on her face. Though, despite the young girl’s enthusiasm, the other creatures didn’t exactly think the same way she did.

“… Are we going to get in trouble for this?”

“As long as the school doesn’t burn down, I think we’ll be okay… Right?”


Author's Note:

So, who wants to go on an adventure with Klee?