• Published 5th Feb 2021
  • 4,410 Views, 238 Comments

The Chalk Prince and the Clover - FrostTheWolf



Albedo and Klee find themselves in the land of Equestria after an alchemical accident. Now, they need to find their way back to Teyvat... though, that's easier said than done (Genshin Impact/MLP Crossover)

  • ...
10
 238
 4,410

11.5- Rand

“So, let me see if I understand all of this correctly,” Discord, the god of chaos and change said as he looked towards Venti and Jean. The two of them had recently brought the god up to speed on not just current events, but also why they were asking for his help. Though, he was still trying to make sense of everything of their current dilemma, “You’ve lost two members of the Knights of Favonius and after trying practically everything in order to find them, your last option… was to come to me?”

“If there were any other options, then we already had tried it with no success,” the dandelion knight explained, “From what Venti has told me, you’re the only one who can help us at least make some sense of everything that has happened.”

That got the god of chaos to chuckle in response, “Heh. Usually, I’m the guy who doesn’t make sense,” he replied, “Though, if you want my honest opinion, there are three particular possibilities as to what might’ve happened… and I’m not liking the odds of any of them.”

“What would those possibilities happen to be?” the bard now asked.

“The first possibility is that the people that you’re looking for ended up in the Abyss,” Discord told them as he held up one finger, “It wouldn’t be the first time that it’s happened in Teyvat, but since I haven’t really had any new neighbors show up at my doorstep recently, we can safely rule that possibility out.”

Next, he held up two fingers and continued right from where he left off, “The second possibility is that they ended up in another world entirely. While this might sound far fetched to a lot of people, after you told me about your ‘honorary knight’, it wouldn’t make sense to rule out the possibility.”

“Okay, I’m with you so far,” Jean said, “Though, what exactly would be the third choice?”

“The third possibility is a little more… grim,” the god of chaos replied, “In the sense that they might have somehow ended up on the border.”

“The border?” the dandelion knight asked, “But I’ve had patrols check along the borders between Mondstadt and Liyue. They haven’t found anything-”

“That’s not exactly the border that Discord is talking about,” Venti interjected as he turned to face Jean, “When Discord says the border, what he means is the boundaries between the world of the living and the afterlife. Where lost souls that have yet to depart from this world linger, whether it’s someone waiting for somebody to join them or someone who ends up wandering over there by accident.”

The thought of that alone was enough to send a shiver down the acting grandmaster’s spine. To think that Albedo and Klee would be on the border among the dead was a scary thing to think about. Especially if Klee was somehow scared and began throwing her treasures at the spirits of the departed. “Well, how are we going to narrow it down exactly? We can’t really be in two places at once-”

As she said that, the dandelion knight turned to see that with a hair from his head and a snap of his finger, an identical copy of himself stood before him, before leaving the same way that the god of chaos originally arrived. “Sorry about that. What were you saying?”

Jean was unsure about what exactly to say in that moment, but luckily, Venti beat her to it, “I believe she was asking what exactly are we going to do.”

“Oh, right! Well, as you might’ve seen, I’ve already gotten a head start on that,” Discord replied, before straightening up his clothes, “I used some of my power to make a copy of myself to go see if your two knights are somewhere in another world. That way, we can focus on the only remaining possibility here.”

“That being the border,” Venti commented as he folded his arms, “Though, where would you suggest that we start looking? While it is true that gods know about it, what many don’t know is where it actually is.”

There was a bit of silence at first. Mostly because out of all three of them, none of them seemed to have a proper answer to the question just yet. Though, after a couple of minutes, Discord finally had an answer. “You know… there is one place that might know about where we can look. Though, it’s a bit of a stretch.”


“When you told me that we were going to take a trip to Liyue, this was not what I had in mind.”

Those words to Discord accurately reflected Venti’s thoughts on the chaos god’s suggestion. The two of them were in Liyue to follow up on his ‘idea’ for where to look for the two missing knights while Jean had returned to Mondstadt. However, when Venti thought about places to go to in Liyue, he would think about going to one of the city’s scenic restaurants or the bustling markets.

Instead though, the place that Discord had in mind was much different. “Here we are.”

“So let me get this straight,” the bard said, “Your idea involves, out of all the places in Liyue, coming here?”

“Given the circumstances, I think they’re the most qualified for the job,” his friend replied, “What’s the matter? Are you scared?”

“Wha-? No, I just… wasn’t expecting for us to be here, that’s all-”

Before either of the two gods could say anything else, the doors to the establishment swung wide open and a young girl stepped out, “Oh, what do we have here? Future clients?” the young girl chuckled, before looking to Discord, “And what do you know? One of them’s an old timer. Thinking about making advanced reservations for that special date?”

“H-hey!” Discord snapped, “Who are you calling old, missy?”

“Well, I’m the director of course,” she said, before standing proudly, “I’m Hu Tao, 77th director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, where we put the ‘fun’ in funeral and our deals are to die for! Now, how can I help you prepare for that special day?”


Author's Note:

So a bard, a god of chaos and the director of a funeral parlor arrive at Wanmin Restaurant...