• Published 5th Feb 2021
  • 4,407 Views, 238 Comments

The Chalk Prince and the Clover - FrostTheWolf



Albedo and Klee find themselves in the land of Equestria after an alchemical accident. Now, they need to find their way back to Teyvat... though, that's easier said than done (Genshin Impact/MLP Crossover)

  • ...
10
 238
 4,407

16- Treu

After his late night rest, Albedo’s mind was clear and ready to work today after everything that had unfolded the day before. It was still going to be some time before the seed that was planted the other day was to be ready, but that time allowed the alchemist to be able to make progress on preparations for when the seed was ready. Not only that, but it allowed for Albedo to learn more about the world that he and his sister were in. For the more that he learned about Equestria, the more that it could help him try to piece together a way to get him and Klee back home.

Of course, finding the solution wasn’t going to be easy. If anything, Albedo considered it as the hypothesis stage when it came to an experiment. It was more than likely that the first type of contraption that they would make would not be able to work out as intended. Therefore, the alchemist expected a lot of trial and error when it came to narrowing down what exactly would be possible and what wouldn’t even work at all.

Since he was up a couple hours before dawn, he had returned to the room that Fluttershy had given him and began to come up with some rough drafts. Prototype designs based on what he could recall from Timaeus’ own design on the Elemental Crucible. While they were only mere concepts, being able to visualize what he was thinking helped the alchemist figure out what was the best way to proceed. He was not thinking about materials or resources for how to construct it just yet, but instead was working on its appearance. Make it seem simple, yet try to not make the same mistakes that Timaeus made originally.

Though, as he was taking a break so he could come out of his room to get himself some breakfast, he heard a different voice echo from outside his room. It wasn’t Klee and it didn’t sound like Fluttershy at all. In fact, this one sounded… different. Loud, rambunctious, and some would even think egotistical because of their tone, “So Fluttershy, you did say yesterday that Discord isn’t here, right?

Uh, y-yeah, that’s right, Rainbow.

Then if he’s not here, then who’s staying in your guest room? You only have the doors to their closed if someone was staying over-” the voice, who Albedo assumed was this ‘Rainbow’, paused before they immediately began to make an inaccurate assumption, “Oh my gosh, your brother staying over here again isn’t he-!?

What-? No!” Fluttershy quickly replied back, “Last time I heard from him, he said that he was pursuing new opportunities in Canterlot. Though, he didn’t go into specifics.

But if Discord and your brother aren’t here, then who is staying with you-?

At that point, Albedo opened the door. Something that caught the attention of both Fluttershy and the pony she was talking with. A cyan colored pegasus whose main and tail had all the colors of a rainbow and the marking on their flank was of a lightning bolt in shades of red, yellow and blue.

“Uh… good morning-?”

Despite the simple and polite greeting though, the newcomer didn’t exactly take it as such. “And who are you supposed to be?”

“Rainbow, be nice,” Fluttershy told her friend, before quickly trying to make introductions, “T-This is Albedo. He and his sister were found at the school of f-friendship yesterday and were asking for T-Twilight and Starlight’s help in trying to find a way home.”

“Uh huh…” Rainbow said, before looking at Albedo with a raised eyebrow for a brief moment, “How does that relate to them staying at your place though?”

“If I may,” the alchemist spoke up, “I believe Twilight had some issues that made her unable to accompany any guests at her home. So, Fluttershy offered to let us stay at her cottage for the time being.”

Fluttershy herself nodded in response, before looking back to her friend to confirm what he said. Though, as she did, the door to Klee’s room soon opened up as the little girl walked out in just her pajamas as she was still trying to wake up. Something that Albedo noticed as he turned towards his sister and smiled, “Good morning, Klee.”

“M-morning, big brother,” Klee spoke up, even though she was still a little bit sleepy, “W-what’s for breakfast? Klee’s hungry.”

“Klee?” Rainbow asked, a bit confused by what she said.

“That’s his sister's name,” Fluttershy said to the fellow pegasus, “She’s rather young too. P-possibly around Scootaloo’s age if I had to guess.”

The fellow pegasus could only watch as Albedo picked up Klee and carried her over to the kitchen. “So what? You think she would be good friends with the crusaders or something?”

Immediately, instinct kicked in as Fluttershy quickly looked back to her friend, “L-let’s not be hasty,” she insisted, “Klee’s nice, though some of the things that she does for fun are… well, dangerous.”

“Define ‘dangerous’,” Rainbow replied back, still a bit unconvinced by what her friend was telling her.

“L-look outside, by the creek in the backyard,” the pegasus then whispered before trotting into the kitchen to get some food ready for her guests. Rainbow herself wasn’t entirely sure what her friend was talking about when she first stepped outside to go look. Though, once breakfast had been prepared and they sat down to begin eating, the pegasus and her guests could hear Rainbow’s reaction from outside.

“Dear sweet Celestia, what the hay happened out here?!!”

“Klee… did you forget to clean up yesterday?” Albedo asked as he watched his sister put some butter and jam on her toast.

“No, big brother. Klee made sure to bring all the fish from last night with me and leave everything else alone. Just like back home!”

Of course to the alchemist, when Klee said everything else, she was referring to the blast zone from her bombs. While most of the time that she went fish blasting involved Klee throwing bombs farther out in the middle of the lake, there were times that some of her explosives would go off much closer to shore. When they do, the immediate area around the explosion gets scorched and burned to a crisp. It was more than likely that what Rainbow found in the backyard was the blast zone from the other night.

“Perhaps we should go look for ourselves after we’re done-”

“T-there’s no need,” Fluttershy spoke up now, “I-I can have some of my animal friends help fix it up. B-besides, it would be rude to keep Twilight waiting.”

“A valid point. Though, I rather not force you to clean up after our own mistakes,” Albedo insisted, before getting up from his chair, “Besides, this won’t take too long.”


Once they were done with breakfast and the alchemist had finished fixing up the mess left behind in Fluttershy’s backyard, Albedo and Klee were ready to go. The alchemist was planning to return to the school of friendship to share some of the ideas that were on his mind with Twilight and the others that were trying to help him. He hoped that with the rough drafts that he had, it would be enough for them to start coming up with potential prototypes to use for testing. As for Klee, she was eager to see the new friends that she made again, hoping that she could be able to play with them and maybe go on another adventure like yesterday.

Though, before they even reached the front door of the school, they were redirected back towards the castle of friendship by Spike. From what he told them, Twilight thought that the castle could provide them a chance for them to discuss these matters without having any students from the school overhear their conversation. That and Spike implied that Twilight was kind of worried about Klee accidentally blowing things up inside the school after their expedition into the Everfree yesterday.

Though, that also meant that the young dragon was the one responsible for keeping an eye on Klee. While it was easy early on, the young girl’s attention span was limited and before Spike could even finish talking about one thing, Klee would be wandering off somewhere else. Klee had nearly caused one of the bookcases in Twilight’s study to fall over because she tried to see if she could climb it. It got to the point that he would be horrified of what would happen if she somehow found a way into his room.

Fortunately though, someone else happened to get Klee’s attention before it came to that. Unfortunately, it wasn’t the ideal pony that he thought it would be. “Hi there, Spike!”

“O-oh,” he stammered, turning towards the door to find three familiar faces, “H-hi, Sweetie Belle.”

Sweetie Belle, the little sister of Rarity, had just entered with both of her friends Apple Bloom and Scootaloo. Together, the three of them made up what they called the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Originally, the three of them were focused on trying to get their cutie marks by any means necessary. After obtaining them though, they were focused on trying to help other ponies find their calling. Though, Spike wasn’t entirely sure why they were here right now though.

Though, before he could ask anything, Klee beat him to it, “Hi there! Are you Spike’s friends?”

All three of the crusaders first looked to Klee, before they all looked towards Spike. Each one of them with the same question on their minds, “Spike, who’s your friend?”

“Um, girls, this is Klee,” he nervously replied, “She and her brother are… not from around here. Twilight’s trying to help them find a way back to-”

Before he could even finish though, the three filly’s were quick to interject, “Not from around here?” Scootaloo asked, “You mean they’re new to Ponyville?”

“Sounds like it,” Apple Bloom replied.

“Hey girls, I have an idea,” Sweetie Belle then spoke up, “If she’s new to town, then why don’t we give her a tour of Ponyville! We can even have her see Pinkie Pie.”

Immediately, alarm bells began to ring inside the dragon’s head as he looked back at his friends, “Um, I don’t think that’s-”

“You want to bring Klee on an adventure?!” She asked, her eyes widening with joy as she looked at the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

“If by ‘adventure’, you mean a tour through town, then sure. Why not?” Sweetie Belle smiled before looking back towards the dragon, “Spike, you want to come with us?”

At that point, it was almost impossible for Spike to say no. Though, he had a very bad feeling that their tour through town was not going to end well. “S-sure… I guess.”

“Yay! Klee thinks you guys are the best!!”


Author's Note:

Poor Spike... he just can't catch a break.