• Published 5th Feb 2021
  • 4,433 Views, 238 Comments

The Chalk Prince and the Clover - FrostTheWolf



Albedo and Klee find themselves in the land of Equestria after an alchemical accident. Now, they need to find their way back to Teyvat... though, that's easier said than done (Genshin Impact/MLP Crossover)

  • ...
10
 238
 4,433

19- Prinzessin Part 1

Author's Note:

As a disclaimer, the Prinzessin that you're thinking of is not in this story. Though, do you think she would get along with Luna by chance?

By the time that the party Pinkie had thrown for Albedo and Klee was finished, it had been nearly four hours. Four hours that Twilight would never get back and in turn, four hours that could’ve been used more productively. With that amount of time, she could already pin down where to find the resources that Albedo and her would need for the prototype crucibles that the alchemist had come up with the designs for. Not only that, but Twilight had made adjustments to her ever changing schedule to accommodate Albedo, not a Pinkie Pie surprise party from out of nowhere.

Eventually, when Pinkie Pie was done with the party and the castle was all cleaned up, Twilight thought that she had the chance to finally get things back on track with their earlier conversation. Though, as it so happened, another curveball was thrown at the princess when they heard a knock on the door of the castle. The first thought that came to her mind was that it was either one of her friends, the mail delivery pony named Derpy Hooves or one of those annoying door-to-door sales ponies that always tend to show up in Ponyville every so often.

As Twilight trotted over the door and opened to see who it was, she would soon realize that it was none of those possibilities at all. Even though, at first, it seemed like the first one of the three, “Oh, hello Starlight. How are you?”

“F-fine,” the unicorn replied nervously, “T-there’s somepony who would like to see you.”

“Oh really?” the alicorn asked, before taking a quick glance outside to see that the only ponies that were behind Starlight were some of the townsfolk, “You mean at the school or-?”

Starlight’s only response was to step to the side, for the pony that wanted to see her was directly behind the unicorn. They just couldn’t be seen because the door was blocking the princess’ field of vision, and when Twilight finally noticed them, she could not believe who she was looking at. For right next to Starlight was none other than her former teacher, “Why hello, my dear Twilight. How are you today?”

“P-princess Celestia!” Twilight spoke up, startled by the presence of the solar princess at her doorstep, “I-I had no idea that-”

“You don’t need to apologize,” Celestia interjected as she stepped through the door and walked inside, “After the letter my sister and I received from you just the other night, I thought I would make an impromptu visit to see you. Of course, I had thought that you would be at the school today, only to find Starlight instead.”

“Y-yeah, it’s not everyday that you would find a princess at your doorstep,” Starlight herself admitted, before looking to Twilight now, “Also, what’s this about a letter?”

At that, the princess of friendship just nervously looked at the unicorn, “I… sent a letter yesterday to Celestia, just so that she was somewhat aware of what was going on and not have any more random surprises happen. Though, this was not what I was expecting,” she replied, before looking at her former teacher, “On that note, what brings you to Ponyville, Princess Celestia?”

“Well, after my sister and I read your letter, I thought I would take some time to come here and meet them,” Celestia replied with a cheerful smile, “After all, a letter and a picture can only do so much. You could say that curiosity got the better of me.”

“O-oh, um… I see,” Twilight replied, the tone in her voice accurately matching how nervous she was. An unexpected party from Pinkie Pie, she can somewhat handle. An unexpected visit from one of the two sisters that ruled over Equestria, not so much. Not only that, but such a sudden arrival would also catch both Albedo and Klee by surprise and personally, Twilight would not want for Klee to be playing with her treasures in the presence of Princess Celestia.

“Is something on your mind, Twilight-?”

“N-No! Nothing! Nothing at all,” the alicorn of friendship immediately assured Celestia, despite the fact that it looked like she had a severe case of anxiety happening this very moment, “L-let me go talk to them real quick.” Before Celestia was even able to get a word in, Twilight was gone in a flash of her teleportation spell as the alicorn looked back to Starlight.

“Is it just me or does Twilight seem… stressed out?” she asked.

At that, the unicorn just shrugged, “To be honest, things have been… weird since yesterday. Not just a normal Tuesday afternoon weird, but a whole different kind.”


After the surprise party that Pinkie threw for them, Albedo was both thankful for the party, but also internally disappointed. Thankful for the act of kindness and for Klee to have the chance to make some new friends while they were staying in Ponyville, but disappointed because of the sheer amount of food that the party pony had prepared for so few people. Even though he has a preference towards foods that were sweet, his low appetite made it to where he would only eat in small portions. Whatever food would be left over would either remain untouched, which would spoil, or if he tried to eat more, the original flavor would be lost. Fortunately, Klee and her newfound friends had a lot of the food that he didn’t have, so he didn’t have to feel guilty about not eating too much.

Though, his temporary reprieve at the moment was short lived when a familiar flash happened behind him and the alchemist turned to see Twilight right behind him. “T-there you are-”

“Hello again, Twilight,” Albedo replied, noticing that the alicorn’s calm demeanor from earlier was no longer present, “Is something the matter?”

“Yeah,” Twilight nodded, “We got an unexpected visitor and… well, they were wanting to meet you.”

“A visitor?” he now asked, a bit curious now as to who the princess was referring too, “Who would that happen to be? One of your friends?”

“Actually, it’s… somepony else,” she admitted, “Do you remember what Starlight told you about Princess Celestia when the two of you first met?”

“She’s one of the rulers of your kingdom and also your teacher.”

“That’s right,” Twilight nodded, “She and her sister Luna are the rulers of Equestria. Last night, I sent a letter to her to sort of… inform her of everything going on. As a way to try and assure her that you and Klee aren’t a danger to us.”

“Would it be right to guess that she wasn’t entirely convinced?”

“It didn’t seem like that, if I have to be honest. In fact, she was rather friendly,” she told him, a bit unsure of what to make of Celestia’s behavior moments ago, “Though, Celestia really wants to meet you. As for why, I don’t know.”

In Albedo’s mind, there were multiple different possibilities as to how exactly this can go. Though, there was no way of telling until they actually met. With that in mind, there was only one thing that the alchemist could do to know for sure what Celestia’s intentions were.

“So, where is the princess right now?”

“I-in the map chamber probably,” Twilight stuttered, a bit caught off guard by the alchemist’s answer. “W-why?”

Albedo only had one response for her, “The only way we can really know for sure why the princess is here is by going forward with this meeting. So, it would be rude of us to keep her waiting any longer.”