• Published 5th Feb 2021
  • 4,359 Views, 238 Comments

The Chalk Prince and the Clover - FrostTheWolf



Albedo and Klee find themselves in the land of Equestria after an alchemical accident. Now, they need to find their way back to Teyvat... though, that's easier said than done (Genshin Impact/MLP Crossover)

  • ...
10
 238
 4,359

28.5- Erweitern

“So, let me gets this straight,” Paimon spoke as she and the traveler named Aether looked back at tone-deaf bard and his ‘friend’, “Master Jean actually asked for you two to help her with something. Yet, when you two realized that things were a bit more difficult than you thought, you thought that we could help with this problem that you two are dealing with?”

“Yup. When I was thinking of people that could help us out, you two were the first ones that came to mind,” Venti cheerfully told the two of them. Though, as he looked at the traveler, Aether had a different response.

“Sure we are,” he replied, “You do realize that we haven’t forgotten that stunt you pulled back at the cathedral with Barbara, right?”

“All’s well that ends well, right?” the bard replied, “Besides, this has nothing to do with the lyre or the cathedral. If anything, Jean wanted to keep this whole thing on the down low. Because if word got out, she was worried that there would be a panic.”

“What exactly are you two doing then?” Paimon now asked, her eyes narrowed as she looked at both of the gods, expecting an answer from them.

“Well, from what my buddy Barbatos tells me, some of the knights that this ‘Jean’ lady is in charge of have gone missing,” Discord now replied, “Since she had already tried every method in what I’m assuming is the Knight of Favonius handbook to find them, she asked for us to assist instead. Because… well, preventing a panic.”

“And who exactly is missing?” Aether asked.

“I’m glad you asked,” the god of chaos replied, before snapping his fingers as two index cards appeared in his hands. When the traveler looked at them, he was caught off guard by the pictures of both Albedo and Klee on them, “These are the knights that are missing. I’m going to guess that you two are somewhat familiar with them?”

“Why, that is Albedo and… wait, Klee?” Paimon now spoke up, surprised to see Klee after the last time she and Aether had seen the little spark knight. “Why the heck would she be with Albedo? Are you sure that Jean didn’t mistake her for Sucrose?”

“Wait, no one told you?”

At that, Aether just raised an eyebrow as he looked towards Venti. “Told us what, Venti?”

Both Venti and Discord looked to each other, before the latter of the two gave a look to the bard for him to continue where he left off. “I’m surprised that Jean hasn’t told you. Albedo and Klee are siblings. Not by blood sure, but still counts right?”

To the traveler, that response had a realization hit him like a hilichurl club to the head as he put his hand on his forehead, “Oh so that’s what he meant up in Dragonspine.”

“Huh?” Paimon was now confused, “You’re not surprised at all!?”

“Remember what he told us before we started helping him with his experiments in Dragonspine?” Aether reminded his travel companion (and Emergency Food, if the situation called for it), “That he had to occasionally look after a child? Now, how many children do you know are in the Knights of Favonius?”

It did not take long in order for Paimon to put two and two together. Still, she was still rather surprised by the whole revelation. Anytime she thought of Albedo, she thought of him as nothing more than just ‘the alchemy guy’. She had no idea at all that he would be the one having to take care of Klee, especially with the amount of times the little girl would find herself sent to solitary confinement.

Though, before she could say anything, that was when Venti took back the reins of the conversation. “Well, since you two are already familiar with them, we can get straight to the point,” the bard replied, “Some time ago, Jean told us that these two had gone missing and had already tried every possible method to find them, with little success. Though, after some looking around, we were able to get an idea as to where they are.”

“That we did,” Discord replied, “Though, that was just the easy part. The trickier part, which we’ll need your help with, is to figure out how to bring them back to Teyvat in one piece.”

“One… piece?” Paimon shuddered.

“You're probably already aware of this, but Venti had most of his powers stripped because of that ice queen that serves the Tsaritsa,” the god of chaos replied, “Which means that I’m the only one of the two who would be working with their power at full capacity. Plus, in order for this to work, we’re going to need someone who happens to have a wide range of elemental powers at their disposal. Someone like you perhaps?”

At that, Aether was beginning to question just what was the extent of how much Discord knew? Maybe when this was all said and done, perhaps he could tell him where his sister was… or what happened to Khaenri'ah. There were so many things to consider, but so little time. Because for every moment that they waste here, it was another moment that Albedo and Klee might be in trouble.

“So, what exactly is your plan?”

Well, the good news is that we at least know where they are. The two of them happened to have ended up in a world that I’ve called home the last thousand years. Many of its inhabitants call it Equestria, but I call it Harmonia,” the god of chaos continued, “Thing is, traveling between worlds is not exactly the safest of professions. Either you end up drifting forever in the abyss to the point that your mind becomes twisted or you have some other god throwing a hissy fit and basically block your path.”

Wait, did he just-?

“In any case, what I did happen to learn is that your friend is building something. From the sounds of it, it seems our alchemist is trying to recreate the structure that got them into this mess,” He then looked back towards Venti, “What was it called again?”

“I believe it was called the Elemental Crucible.”

“Huh… last time I heard of a Crucible, it was where a bunch of light infused people were fighting each other for some warlord’s entertainment,” Discord muttered, “The point being that his plan has a strong start right now, but if it’s going to work and he wants to get back here, we’re going to lend a hand.”

“How? From you told us, it seems that Albedo has everything under control,” Paimon pointed out.

“That may be true, however,” the god of chaos was quick to counter, “What our friend doesn’t know is that he’s unknowingly creating a gateway… Think about it like this. You’ve come across those teleport waypoints on your journey right? That help you get from point a to point b?”

Both Aether and Paimon nodded at that, knowing full well what he was referring too.

“Alright, now think of it like this… Albedo may be working on a point A, but if we don’t make a point B for him to return too, he and his sister could end up wandering through the abyss.”

“T-that sounds awful!!”

“So, how exactly are we going to build this ‘point B’?” Aether now asked.

Now was when the god of chaos smirked, before snapping his fingers as a collection of glass like cubes formed in his hands, “I’m glad you asked! I can start by building the kind of gateway we need. Yet, for it to fully function properly, we need condensed elemental energy. Fortunately, we have a potential source that’s easy to find and ripe with what we need.”

“That source being… me?”

“What? Oh, no no… you misunderstand,” Discord insisted, “The source that I am referring to are monsters. While some of them don’t appear to really ‘align’ themselves with anything, their very nature allows them to harness elemental power without using a vision. One of the easiest examples I can think of is the different kinds of slimes.”

With that, Discord moved the cubes over towards Aether and had them drop into the traveler’s hands. “Now, in order for this to work, you have to use the cube on them before you end up having to fight them. In doing so, it’ll siphon some of their elemental energy. The more we have, the better. If you happen to have a map, I’ll mark some locations for you to look into as well. Though, you might want to hurry. The faster we have those cubes filled up, the quicker we can bring your friends back safely!”


Author's Note:

Now, for the traveler and Paimon, they got some work to do


For this chapter, I came up with the premise of a particular gameplay event much like how we've had previous events inside of Genshin Impact. The premise for this is that in order to have a gateway that could safely bring their friends home, Discord has provided the traveler with 'Siphon Cubes' that could be used to siphon the elemental energy of different monsters. Over the course of time, each day would require for the traveler to hunt different varieties of monsters to 'fill' the cube, with bosses giving a greater amount of energy.

Hope you guys have a wonderful day. Stay safe!
-Frost