• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 740 Views, 5 Comments

Kirby Star Allies: Friend Hearts are Magic (REMASTERED) - The Kelduo



After a magical mishap, three Star Allies are teleported into Equestria.

  • ...
1
 5
 740

Chapter 7: Meta Knight's Intermission (Meta Knight)

Kirby came so far on his journey as a Star Warrior. He freed me from the influence of that dark heart, defeated the generals at the Jambastion, and amassed a team of helpers to aid him as he worked his way towards the source of the problem. I would have followed him to the villain, but Pop Star would be left vulnerable to another invasion. I stayed behind to keep watch over Kirby’s home planet.

“...Hm?” One of the items in my belt rocked. I reached into my belt and took out a dark green Dusk Ball. I threw it, and from it came a black, mammalian Pokemon with white fur and a curved black horn. “What is it, Absol? Have you sensed a disaster?”

Absol pointed with his right paw, north towards space. “Absol ab!”

“A disaster in the depths of space? Do you think the location of the disaster could be… the true base that the villains fled to?”

Absol nodded.

“Then let’s go!” I returned Absol to his Dusk Ball. I transformed my cape into wings and prepared to take to the stars. I drew my signature golden sword Galaxia, ready for combat. “When going to a villain’s base, one must always be prepared for the worst possible scenario.”

“And that is why I am coming with you.” A blue, bipedal vulpine Pokemon jumped to my side. “Something terrible could have happened to Kirby.”

I acknowledged the Pokemon. “Lucario, Master Pokemon of Aura? What brings you here to the planet Pop Star?”

“I have a mutual relationship with Kirby. As you know, he cannot talk very well. Being a Pokemon who can read minds, I translate his thoughts for people around him. But just a little while ago…” Lucario furrowed his eyebrows. “Kirby’s aura warped a long distance away. I want to find out where he ended up.”

“Very well, then.” I flew by Dedede’s castle and brought back a Warp Star for Lucario. “Use this to fly through the cosmos. We are going to the last known location of Kirby.”

Lucario got on the Warp Star. “That means we are headed for…” He pointed north where Absol pointed. “The Divine Terminus!”

I followed him to our destination. “The Divine Terminus, you say? How do you know that is what it is called?”

Lucario held up his right paw, which was emanating a blue, flame-like energy. “Because I can read the minds of beings through their aura, and there are a few beings there that know the name of the location.” He then frowned. “I also sense a very dark aura at the deepest part of the Divine Terminus.”

"A very dark aura?" My eyes narrowed. “All the better reason for us to make our way there. The cause of the dark aura must be stopped before it's too late. Before it wreaks havoc on our home universe.”


Upon landing at the Divine Terminus, we saw two creatures there: a blue-robed NESP, and a yellow-robed mage. I recognized the mage, for I fought alongside Kirby to defeat her in the Jambastion.

“Zan Partizanne!” I prepared my sword for combat. “Stay away from the NESP, or else we will be forced to battle you. I will only ask you once… Do you yield?”

“I’ve had enough problems for the day.” Zan moved a meter away with lightning-like speed. “I choose to yield for now. Not that I was a threat to NESP for the time being.”

“Not that you were a threat?” I felt suspicious of that comment, but I turned towards NESP to see what he had to say. “Tell me, is Zan Partizanne telling the truth?”

NESP replied, “She is, sir. Besides, the real threat is Hyness. But here’s the thing…” He told us about how he tried a teleportation spell, which ultimately warped not only this so-called Hyness, but also Kirby and his other two allies to an unknown location where he had intended for a group of heroes to defeat Hyness. NESP used the Dream Rod to summon Roborygon, who flew away to ensure that the three Star Allies were not in danger. “So Zan Partizanne saw no reason to fight me because we needed to work together to rescue Hyness and the Star Allies. We’re not gonna duke it out until they come back. Or maybe not at all, because she knows how strong we are.” He held up his hands, expecting me to strike him out of rage. “I’m so sorry for making such a big mistake and screwing up that teleportation spell… Please forgive me…”

I clenched my fist in frustration before letting out a sigh. “Be at ease, NESP. I'm not upset with you. You had good intentions, meaning for a more-professional group of heroes to defeat him and make him completely incapable of reviving the Dark Lord.” I put a hand to my chin. "But that mistake of yours begs the question of where exactly Kirby and his other two helpers have been sent to. I worry about that, even though Roborygon went to find them."

Lucario patted NESP on the back. “At least you went to the Dream Palace and used the Dream Rod to summon that skillful ally of Kirby’s to go and find him. That means we just have to wait for them to return somehow. And because Hyness wasn’t the only one teleported to that place, the odds that he will take a beating are excellent.”

“But that’s what I hate about NESP’s stupid mistake!” Zan raged. “If Hyness goes down, he’ll never be able to rebuild the Jamba Heart and summon the Dark Lord!”

“Calm down, Zan!” NESP said, recoiling from Zan's angry words. But then he boldly floated towards her, understandably scowling. “Do you really think that reviving a Dark Lord is such a good idea? It’ll end all life, even your own!”

As the two argued about summoning the Dark Lord, Lucario and I looked out into the depths of space. I had full faith that the young Star Warrior would be able to adapt to his new surroundings and put an end to the threat that is Hyness and any other villains that the Star Allies may face. He's defeated all of his opponents up to this point, so why would he fail to claim victory now?

Author's Note:

Curious about what Meta Knight meant when he called the Lucario the master of aura? Then allow me to explain.

In the stories I made leading up to Friend Hearts Are Magic, the Pokemon Expedition Society from Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon was formed by a group of heroic Pokemon, the same species as those in the game, excluding Jirachi, who sleeps for a thousand years at a time and therefore would be next to useless as a member. But in addition to those Pokemon, there are more members: the deliveryman Delibird, the teacher Hawlucha who runs the P.E.S. (abbreviation for Pokemon Expedition Society) school, and the transportation expert Hoopa.

But that's not all! They also recruited several Pokemon that each excel in a specific type or stat, who are referred to among the P.E.S. members as Master Pokemon. For instance, one Master Pokemon is a Charizard that expertly uses fire attacks and can melt the hardest boulders with his flames, and another is a Gengar whose specialty is scaring others and trapping evildoers in nightmares.

Lucario is an interesting case, in that he doesn't specialize in a specific type or stat. Instead, his specialty is aura. Aura is within all living things, and he can expertly manipulate it and read the aura of others, allowing him to essentially read minds and emotions.