• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 741 Views, 5 Comments

Kirby Star Allies: Friend Hearts are Magic (REMASTERED) - The Kelduo



After a magical mishap, three Star Allies are teleported into Equestria.

  • ...
1
 5
 741

Prologue: A Mistake (Kirby)

"Ngh, that's it! You've forced my hand!" the yellow-robed mage floating in front of us yelled after recoiling from my counterattack. "I, Zan Partizanne, will show you the full wrath of the strongest Mage-Sister!" With a huge, booming sound, she summoned a trio of electrified drums connected by a ring.

I had my water-infused sword ready for action, but I lowered it after I saw her thunder drums. "Poyo?" Them again? I already saw her use them in our fight back in the Jambastion, so what use is there in using the thunder drums again?

"Expecting the same attack as before? You should know better!" Zan raised her right hand, and her spear appeared in it. She pulled back her spear in a way similar to the Ability I get when I swallow one of those little mice in purple archer outfits. "Your punishment for interfering with our mission to rebuild the Jamba Heart is a high-voltage shish kebab!"

"Not this time!" my green robot partner Gim said as he pointed a gloved finger at her. "Yo, Kirby! Nail her with a Splash Twister Slash!"

"Poyo!" I scurried under Zan while Gim dodged to his right and my blue-robed psychic pal NESP teleported out of the way. I held my Splash Sword out and began charging, but I felt like I was forgetting something...

I gasped in realization.

I turned around and saw my yellow rock friend trying to get out of the way. "Rocky!"

"...!" He did his best to dodge, but being as heavy and slow as Rockies are, Zan's spear struck him right in the forehead. "..." Rocky doesn't really talk all that much, but I was sure he felt that.

As revenge for Rocky, I put a lot more oomph than usual into my attack. "Yaaaaaah!" I jumped up and spun around with my sword out, sending water all around me. The water got on Zan's drum set, and it caused them to short out and explode, launching Zan headfirst into the ground.

"Bingo!" Gim pumped his fist. "She's weakened and open to attacks! I think it's about time for us to set up a super-cool combo attack!"

"That's what I'm talking about!" NESP said with a grin. "You got something in mind, Gim? As the brains of the outfit, we can always count on you to come up with plans!"

“Hey, put a little faith in yourself! You can come up with plans too if you put your heart and mind to it! But yeah, I do have something in mind.” As Zan tried to get up, Gim threw his fiery yo-yo and wrapped it around her, singeing her waist area. “Rocky, think you’re up for some more action?”

After dislodging the spear from his forehead, Rocky nodded. “...!”

“Sweet! NESP, get ready to use Geokinesis!”

“You got it, Gim!” NESP caused purplish-blue psychic energy to form around his hands, and the same energy covered Rocky from the tip of his helmet to the bottom of his feet. “Just say the word whenever you're ready!”

“Alright. On my mark!” With one good yank, Gim slammed Zan (still trapped in his yo-yo’s string) onto Rocky’s helmet. Oof! No matter what species you are, unless your head is harder than stone, you would not want to be in Zan Partizanne's position! “Do it! Now!”

“Looks like it's time for some double duty!” Using his psychic powers, NESP caused Rocky to triple in size, and Rocky transformed into a golden statue of a dog incubating some eggs. NESP used telekinesis to lift Rocky up and slam him down on Zan Partizanne. When Rocky got off of Zan, she was clearly not going to get up anytime soon. “Victory is ours!”

Gim wound up his yo-yo, preparing for another battle. “Not quite yet, NESP. That was just the appetizer.” He looked up at the altar in front of us, where some white-robed guy had his arms raised in front of a big purple heart. “Next up is the main course... this guy.”

Zan opened her eyes weakly. “Help… Hyness…”

The robed guy looked over his shoulder at us. “...Juh? What is this… interference?” I’m not sure about you, but everything about him screamed evil. His eerily calm tone of voice, the way he weirdly floated down the steps…

He looked down at Zan Partizanne. “You… You seem to be in my way.”

To our shock, he slapped Zan away with his left arm.

“Poyo!” I exclaimed. This wasn’t the first time I saw a bad guy hit another bad guy on purpose, but this Hyness guy took it to a whole new level. Zan was just trying to do her job, and she was doing it right!

“Well then…” Hyness glanced back at the purple heart. There was still a pretty big chunk missing from the top-left part of the heart. “It seems… we do not have enough energy… to revive our Dark Lord…” A Dark Lord? I wondered to myself who or what this Dark Lord was. Hyness returned to looking at us. “Must we… allow ourselves… to fall… into oblivion?”

I tilted my head in confusion. “Poyo?” I wasn’t sure if he was talking to us or to himself.

“No,” he suddenly said.

“No!” he said again, but louder.

“NO!” And louder.

Before we knew it, he went into crazy mode, screaming like some kind of demented freak. “No no no no no! NONONONONONONONONO! NOOOOO, I SAY!!!”

He started shaking his head and wildly waving his arms around like a madman as he ranted so fast that it was hard to listen to clearly. “We are the masters of a power driven to the far reaches of the universe, and we have but one desire! Can one such as you possibly fathom how dearly we have clung to this dream across the aeons? How could you! You couldn’t! Never ever ever! We who once face those who were in such fear of our power that they sealed us away and banished us…”

After that, I just gave up and watched him go on and on and on. Most of my friends were bored or confused as well, except for Gim, who was carefully listening to the lecture.

NESP yawned. “...You know what? I’m done with listening to this guy.” He held his hands out towards Hyness. “This is my chance to use a spell I’ve always wanted to utilize in a really important scenario such as this one!”

Gim looked at NESP with worry in his voice. “Uh, bro, this sounds risky. You sure about doing this, whatever you’re gonna do?”

NESP laughed. “This sort of thing is my kind's specialty. There's nothing to worry about! Now prepare yourselves!” In front of his hands, white psychic energy formed and morphed into the shape of the psychic eye that was on his hood.

“Depulso Hyness!”

And then, there was a bright flash.


“Ohh…” It took me a while to recover from the flash. As the world around me came back into focus, I was really confused. No scary spires, no dark purple heart, no outer space… I was no longer at the Divine Terminus! “Poyo?”

I looked around. There were big fluffy clouds everywhere, and the sky was nice and blue. Was I back in Dream Land? But this wasn’t the time to hang out at home. There was a wacky wizard to battle and prevent from awakening a Dark Lord!

I started running to find my Warp Star. But I didn’t move.

I looked down. I wasn’t standing on the ground. The ground was way below me, but something looked different about it. There wasn’t enough time for me to think about it, though, because gravity kicked in.

“AAAAAHHHH!”

THUD!