• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 740 Views, 5 Comments

Kirby Star Allies: Friend Hearts are Magic (REMASTERED) - The Kelduo



After a magical mishap, three Star Allies are teleported into Equestria.

  • ...
1
 5
 740

Chapter 13: Dreamland Away From Dream Land (Kirby)

Author's Note:

Spoilers for Kirby: Planet Robobot ahead! You have been warned.

Ah, there’s nothing quite like flying the Warp Star to and fro on a peaceful evening in my home planet Pop Star. Whenever I soar like this, I always have the perfect view of the world around me. The Rainbow Islands, Bubbly Clouds, Dyna Blade’s nest up in the mountains… I could never get tired of my home!

I descended to get a good look at my reflection in the ocean. I waved at the jolly pink puffball looking back at me. “You’re looking happy as ever, Kirby!” I said.

“Same goes to you, Kirby!” my reflection replied. This is one of my favorite things about dreams: anything can happen. Oh, and I can talk well in my dreams. “I don’t think they get much friendlier than you do. Keep up the good work!”

“You bet I will!” On that note, I took off and flew high into the sky. Once I was up in outer space, I gazed back at the star-shaped planet I call home. The giant Dreamstalk, fully in bloom, caught my attention as usual. Now that I was thinking about it, I started to reminisce about the Queen Sectonia incident. “Gee, things are usually pretty peaceful at home, but I wonder what Pop Star would be like if I wasn’t around to protect it from villains…”

“You protect your home planet from villains?” The moon rose up behind the biggest bloom on the Dreamstalk, and Princess Luna came from it. “I understand that you can inhale your foes, but that alone doesn’t seem adequate to defeat more threatening villains. How could a single puffball with inhaling powers dispatch bigger and stronger enemies?”

“Well, inhaling isn’t the only power I have. Check this out!” A poisonous blue blob shaped like a frog’s head floated into view, and I inhaled it. Gulp! Then I jumped into the air, flipping a bunch of times. After I stopped flipping, a barrel of dangerous chemicals fell on me. Nothing happened for a few seconds… until something corroded the barrel. When it was weakened enough, I broke through by riding a wave of sludge, showing Luna that I now had a hat made of toxic stuff. “Pretty cool, huh? I can copy the powers of enemies by swallowing them. I got the Poison Copy Ability from eating that blob, so I’m now Poison Kirby!”

“Copying abilities? That is undoubtedly a brilliant power, but surely even that must have its limits. Tell me, have there ever been any enemies that you had to take more drastic measures to defeat?”

“Yep, that’s happened with pretty much every super-evil villain I’ve come across. For instance, the very first true villain I ever encountered…” We flew down to the Fountain of Dreams. A blue orb with a star pattern appeared from the fountain, and it transformed into a floating wizard with shades and no feet. I dropped my Ability in the form of a star, and I grabbed the star-shaped wand from the fountain. “The Nightmare, who invaded the Fountain of Dreams to torment all the citizens of Dream Land. I had to use the Star Rod, which gives everyone in Dream Land the ability to dream, to destroy the Nightmare once and for all.” We chased him to the moon, where I quickly disposed of him with several hits from the Star Rod. We flew away to avoid the resulting explosion. “The only drawback to defeating him was that the explosion from his defeat blew up a huge chunk of the moon. That’s why it’s always shaped like a crescent.”

Luna looked up at the moon in sadness. “It pains me to see the moon in such an awful condition. But I suppose it could not be helped. I congratulate you on defeating that vicious enemy.” I could tell Luna felt guilty about something. Her eyes shot to and fro, probably trying to think of a way to get her mind off of whatever was bothering her. "If I may ask, were there any villains you’ve enjoyed battling or had an entertaining way to bring them down?"

“Definitely! For the first question, my favorite villain to fight isn’t a villain anymore.” I led the moon princess into a menacing castle. We walked into the throne room, where a bunch of orange creatures without mouths were bringing food to a fat blue penguin wearing a red robe. “Meet King Dedede! He stole all the food in Dream Land a long time ago, so I taught him a lesson. He’s stopped being bad ever since, but he dreams every day of winning a battle against me for once.” I looked at him. He was chowing down like an eating machine. “Or eating stuff.”

The king stopped eating a chicken leg when he saw me. “Kirby?! What’re you doing in my dream? This better be important, or else I’ll have to--” As soon as he saw Luna, he dropped the chicken leg. “Oh no… The Nightmare’s back, as a magic horse?! This is Dream Land! I’m supposed to be having a good dream, not a bad one!” He turned and yelled at the orange thing wearing a blue bandana, “Yo, Bandana Dee! Get me the Star Rod so we can clobber it!”

“Uh, Great King…” Bandana Waddle Dee replied, “I don’t think that’s the Nightmare. It’s a girl, while the Nightmare is a guy. Besides, Kirby seems to be friends with her. Just because she’s dark doesn’t mean she’s evil. Meta Knight proved that.”

“Eh, you make a good point there, but just in case…” Grabbing his wooden hammer, King Dedede jumped down from his throne and took a fighting stance. “Who are you, and why are you intruding on my dream?”

“Are you questioning my authority?” Luna clicked her tongue. “Tsk, tsk, tsk. You are a king, yet you don’t appear to know that I happen to be a fellow ruler. I am Princess Luna, and I rule over Canterlot alongside my sister Princess Celestia.”

Dedede shot a confused look at Bandana Dee. “Do you have any clue what the heck a Canterlot is? It sure sounds like some kinda happy-go-lucky city that a kid made up in their imagination to me.”

“What was that?!” Opening her wings and lighting her horn, Luna also took a fighting stance. “You dare to insult our home city? It’s treason, then!”

Panicking, Bandana Dee jumped in front of the king. “Please, have mercy on my king! He’s just uninformed about Equestria and Planet Equus in general! I tried really hard to get him to learn about your home planet, but he refused. He thought a planet populated mainly by ponies sounded…” He gulped. “...childish.”

“I see no reason to show mercy to someone who directly insulted not only our home city but also our home planet.” Luna forced Bandana Dee away with her magic. “Come, you pathetic excuse for a king! We shall do battle!”

“Challenging the mighty King Dedede to a battle, huh? Alright, you asked for it.” A metal mask appeared on the king’s face, and his hammer was replaced with that mechanical one he fought me with a long time ago. Then, the throne room changed into the boxing ring we often fight on. The seats were loaded with audience members. “My Dedede Hammer 2.0 and I are gonna give you the beatdown of a lifetime!”

“Okay, I think I’d better wake up now, before Luna beats up the king…” Bandana Dee impaled himself with his spear, and he vanished in a puff of smoke and stars.

The battle was over before King Dedede even got a chance to attack. With some kicks, teleports, telekinesis, and a whole lot of lasers, the king was down for the count. “I give up… Uncle…” He vanished in a puff of smoke and stars as well.

A drop of sweat rolled down my cheek. “Oh, right, I forgot to tell you that King Dedede is super selfish. You could’ve at least given him a chance to win…”

Luna sighed. “My apologies, Kirby. As one of the two princesses who rule over Canterlot, I care very deeply about my home land. I’m also more prone to battle than my sister, so I’ve been both positively and negatively affected by the lack of nightmares to deal with. My battle skills have been fading away, and that’s getting to me. That’s why I always jump at the chance to fight, and why I didn’t show mercy to the king.”

“It’s okay, Luna.” I gave her an affectionate pat on the back. “Sometimes, King Dedede just needs to get his butt kicked every once in a while to keep him on his toes.”

“Thank you once more, Kirby.” We walked out of the castle and headed up the Dreamstalk to sit on one of the leaves. “If it isn’t too much trouble, would you show me one of the more entertaining skills you’ve used to take down a mighty foe? I’m sure you want to get your mind off of how viciously I defeated the king.”

“Sure, I’d love to! What're you in the mood for?" A few ghostly images appeared in the sky. One was of me about to cleave a certain wizard with a giant sword, another was of me rainbow–colored and inhaling a laser beam, and yet another was of me in a pink suit of mechanical armor flying towards something. "These are just a few of—"

"Show me the metal suit! NOW!" Luna shouted in excitement.

I flinched from her intensity. "Okay... You should prepare to be surprised, though.” I leaped down from the leaf and landed right next to a dull gray suit of mechanical armor. “A couple of years ago, an organization called the Haltmann Works Company invaded Pop Star in order to extract all of its natural resources. When I set out to stop the HWC, I saw that some of the employees used these suits of Invader Armor to attack.” I jumped in and pressed some buttons, and the armor got up and changed its color scheme to fit mine. “I took them down and chose to use the armor for myself. I call it… the Robobot Armor!”

“I’m liking this already!” Luna’s eyes sparkled. “Tell me, how did you use it to defeat the villain?”

“I’ll get to that in a moment. But first, you need to know that the Armor changes powers depending on its pilot. I can copy stuff, so my Robobot Armor can scan stuff to change modes!”

"Noted."

I continued, “After realizing how corrupt the president of the HWC had become, the secretary Susie changed sides to teach him a lesson.” I pointed at a black, winged ship up in the sky. "I used the Robobot Armor she offered me to scan Meta Knight’s ship, the Battleship Halberd. It literally transformed into a Kirby version of the Halberd, so I used it to scrap the Mother Computer behind the whole operation!" Instead of dreaming up Star Dream, I had a better idea and just made my armor bring up footage of the battle against Star Dream’s first form, a one-eyed robot with wings. “That’s the Mother Computer, Star Dream. I had to fight it four times in a row, actually.”

“Such a small warship in comparison to a Mother Computer, which it had to take on four times in a row? It’s a wonder that you made it out without the Armor turning into scrap metal!” Luna put a hoof to her chin. “That is, unless it literally used the same attacks each time.”

“Nope, I fought it in four different phases. That’s the first phase, against the computer itself.” The footage fast-forwarded to Star Dream fused with a planet-sized sphere of metal. “That’s the second phase, versus the mothership, Access Ark.” Then it fast-forwarded to the metal on the front breaking off, revealing a face like a cat. “And that’s the third phase, where we discovered that Star Dream was actually a Clockwork Star, a machine that can grant wishes.”

“A wish-granting machine? And yet it looks so docile…”

“Don’t ask. Even I don’t get it.” Star Dream seemed to be defeated, but then it fired a laser that hit the Robobot Armor’s right wing. “Meta Knight had to separate my armor from the Halberd so I could finish off Star Dream in an awesome way…” My armor was ejected, so I pressed a button in the middle of the Robobot Armor’s dashboard which caused a giant drill to activate. I used the drill to break through each of Star Dream’s heart-shaped barriers.

“The machine that pierces the stars... Robo Drill Breaker!”

The Robobot Armor drilled right through Star Dream from the top and out the bottom, causing it to explode.

Luna looked like the green-eyed monster attacked her. “I… I’m just going to leave your dream if you don’t mind. I fear that if I stay around much longer, I may grow even more envious of you and your spectacular adventures.” She flew away, back to the moon.

“See ya when I wake up! If you visit my friends’ dreams, I hope you have fun!” I took the Warp Star back to my home, where I hopped in bed to sleep away the rest of my dream.