• Published 4th Feb 2022
  • 741 Views, 5 Comments

Kirby Star Allies: Friend Hearts are Magic (REMASTERED) - The Kelduo



After a magical mishap, three Star Allies are teleported into Equestria.

  • ...
1
 5
 741

Chapter 18: The Master Maestro's Equestrian Debut (Meloetta)

At last, our destination came into view. It was a wondrous city in the clouds, with many fantastic attractions and amenities to discover.

"Here we are!" Rainbow Dash told me. "This is Las Pegasus, the second most awesome city in the sky! Where do you want us to land?" She pointed her hoof at a large round island that had hot air balloons stationed atop the massive pedestal in the middle of the floating island. "We could set out from where hot air balloons stop right over there."

"Hm?" The island certainly looked like a nice place to start out from, but I was concerned about the publicity. "Mele..."

My nervousness caused me to turn invisible, surprising the cyan Pegasus I was riding. "Whoa, you never told me you could do that! Okay, maybe we could go somewhere that doesn't have any ponies there. Like, uh... Well, there's..." Her ears folded back in disappointment. "I got nothing. Las Pegasus has ponies everywhere."

I regained my opacity as I giggled at her inability to figure out a private place in Las Pegasus to fly over to.

Rainbow's eyes settled on the hot air balloon station again. "What about... under the hot air balloon place? All the action takes place on top of stuff because ponies can't walk upside-down. But you and I can fly, so we can sneak beneath floating places."

"Meloetta!" Now we're talking.

We flew beneath the island, hidden from everyone else.

"So..." Rainbow asked me, "Watcha want to do here? Not much that I can think of."

I smiled at her. "Mele, melele. Me Meloetta!"

She gave me a confused look, being unable to understand Pokemon language. "Right... Well, whatever you're gonna do, go ahead and do it."

And I obliged.

I flew to the center of the island's underside and cleared my throat. Glowing musical bars cloaked my body as I began to sing.

La, la la la, la! La, la la la, la,
Why am I singing this song?

As I sang, the music literally transformed my body. However, the radiant glow made it difficult for Rainbow Dash to see what's going on.

La, la la la, la! La, la la la, la...
Harmony magic!

The musical bars disappeared when I wrapped up my song, and Rainbow was amazed by my new look. I had taken the form of a light green unicorn with a darker green mane and tail, and the mark on my flank was a musical staff.

"What do you think of my new form? I call this guise Aria Tone!"

It took a moment for Rainbow to recover from her awe. "Okay, um... I don't know whether to be more surprised by the fact that you're talking now or that you're a pony. How'd ya do that, anyway?"

I put a hoof around her. "You ever heard someone say that music can transform you? Well, in my case, that can be very literal. See, back in my home world, I'm pretty much the deity of music. And about three years ago, I discovered that singing songs from certain universes gave me the ability to change myself and those who hear my song to fit the universe from which the song originated."

She raised an eyebrow. "So, that means...?"

I sighed. "I sing an Equestrian song, I can become a creature from Equestria."

"Oh, okay. But how come I could understand you while you were singing?"

"Music is a universal language, and my native language. When I sing, everyone understands me!"

"Cool! Does that also mean you can understand other creatures singing in their own language?"

I nodded. "For sure!"

"Sweet!"

An awkward silence filled the air as Rainbow tried to think of something else to say.

Eventually she asked, "Uh, why did you transform into a pony anyway?"

I pointed out some of the ponies in the distance. "I don't think ponies would trust a strange creature half their size. They would be more comfortable with a pony."

"But you can turn invisible. Why don't you just do that?"

"Because I want ponies to pay attention to me."

"...You do?"

"Of course! As a singer and dancer, I love to bring smiles to large crowds!"

"Then why didn't you just say so in the first place? I can take you somewhere that ponies are always hanging near!" Rainbow poked her head up and peeked at the top part of the island. "Follow me, Meloetta... uh, I mean Aria Tone."

I followed her back to the surface of the island.

"Normally I would just fly right over, but you're new to Las Pegasus. And that's why we're walking there, so I can show you a bunch of other cool stuff on our way there!"


Finally, we made it to the fountain in the square. The one in Ponyville couldn't even compare!

I watched the fountain in awe as various ponies passed by. "So, the fountain that resides in the Las Pegasus square... This is a perfect location to perform in front of a mixed audience of all ages!"

Rainbow Dash nodded. "It's all yours."

I got onto the side of the fountain and looked out at the ponies around me.

I cleared my throat. "Ahem! May I have your attention please?"

The ponies paid their entire salary in attention.

I smiled. "Good! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Aria Tone, and I am here to perform some very special songs for you all."

I materialized a microphone and held it in front of my mouth with my magic.

"This one goes out to my dear friend Kirby. He is a Star Warrior who is gifted with a powerful voice and a pure heart. I would like to celebrate his countless victories over dark villains by singing a nostalgic melody. It's time to tune in to... The Greenest Greens!"

Author's Note:

In case you're wondering, the song that Meloetta sang to transform into a pony was the first part of the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic opening theme. I was just too lazy to link to the song.:derpytongue2: