• Published 25th Dec 2020
  • 3,137 Views, 3,356 Comments

Harmony of Heroes: Ultimate Multiverse Explorers - Lucar



Several months after her adventures on Popstar, Sweetie Belle decides it's time to start new adventures in new universes

  • ...
9
 3,356
 3,137

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 127: Wondaria Remains Part 1

"I can't believe you defeated Tropic Woods by yourself! He is SO strong! The animals usually have to work in large group to even hope of reaching at least one of his delicious coconuts! You were so awesome! And were these meteors that you rained on him? I didn't know that you could make meteors rain!" Elfilin said very excitedly at one hundred miles a hour, stars in his eyes.

"Well... I learned not that long ago, thanks to Poo. He is much better at it however," Ness said bashfully.

"Really? He can do it too?" Elfilin questioned before he went to talk to Poo.

At the same time, Apple Death let out a groan after taking a look at her phone. "Gorimondo attacked the town YET AGAIN! How many time has it been already?"

"Uhm... Not sure... The seventh time? The eighth?" Pikachu proposed thoughtfully. "That's one determined ape."

"Stubborn, yeah. He's putting Bowser to shame," Apple Death groaned again, this time rubbing her face in annoyance. "At least, AJ and the others don't get bored, even if the Pokémon do most of the work."

"You want to spar with us? Are you sure, kid?" Meta Knight asked, standing beside Galacta Knight.

Link nodded. "Sweetie told me a lot about you, and... I'm sure that fighting you will help me get stronger, even if I end up losing."

"Unless you use THAT mask!" Sweetie Void shouted from a few meters away.

"I would rather not!" Link shouted back. "It would be like cheating!"

The two knights exchanged a glance, then Galacta said, "We won't mind sparring with you once the coliseum back in town is finished. Of course, it will only be one of us at a time. Duels."

"Thank you."

The Lor Starcutter, with everyone aboard, was advancing in the sky, leaving behind the bay and approaching their next destination, the next step of this journey. Thanks to the ship's speed, it didn't take long before said destination appeared in the horizon.

"APPROACHING WONDARIA," the Lor warned everyone while showing the approaching rides and attractions of the amusement park in the screen, under the sunset.

Many were awed.

"It's huge!" Sweetie Void shouted. "Bigger than any amusement parks I ever saw! Even Kirbyland!"

"I know, right?" Elfilin exclaimed. "I can't wait for us to visit it and do the rides! It really is the best place!"

As the Lor was approaching the park's entrance, everyone could see that it was a space-themed one. The rides had a futuristic look, and there were rocket ships, planets, and other space stuff decorating everywhere.

There were also statues and pictures of two dogs here and there, both white and egg-shaped with brown paws and ears. One had a blue nose while the other had a pink nose and a pink bow on its head (and had a more reddish brown than the other dog). They seemed to be the mascots of the park.

Nice touch, the park was entirely surrounded by a ring of water, excepted at the entrance. There were more circular artificial basins of various sizes here and there around, outside but also inside the park.

"Sorry, but remember that we are in the middle of a rescue mission. We don't have time for the rides," Fox reminded Elfilin (and some of the kids). "Beside, I doubt that the rides still work. This park has obviously been abandoned for a very long time."

"Oh, they still work!" Elfilin said before he looked down in disappointment. "But you are right. We still have the Waddle Dees to save."

"How can they still work?" Fox asked, bemused.

"For the same reason that many buildings and objects we came across still have working mechanisms despite how impossible it should be after all this time," Marx deadpanned.

"Heck, if the humans of this world are gone since as long as we think they are, there shouldn't even be any trace of civilization remaining, or barely any at least," Phantom added with a shrug.

"In other words, don't search logic," Sweetie Void said. "Remember. Dream Universe stuff."


The heroes (without Galacta Knight like usual now since he went to patrol the sky) dropped from the Lor right at the entrance of the park, and they barely landed that they were welcomed by several Awoofies running down the stairs at both sides of a large sculpture of the two dogs sitting on planets with a rocket ship flying around, above the letters spelling the name of the park, Wondaria.

A good part of the group looked around in wonder once they were done with the welcome comity.

"I'm definitively returning here once we're done rescuing the Waddle Dees!" Sweetie Void exclaimed, and some of the others agreed.

After climbing the stairs, the heroes saw at the right a wooden cut-out photo spot with an astronaut and an octopus-like alien side by side waving at the camera, and there were holes where their faces should be. Of course, some of the heroes couldn't stop themselves from going behind the cut-out and put their face in, taking turns to take photos.

They may be in a rescue mission, it didn't mean that they couldn't get some fun whenever they had the occasion.

Also, they helped a mother duck find its duckling scattered around, because of course they had to. It was in the hero's job description to do that kind of stuff.

They then crossed the bridge crossing the artificial river, observing a bit the few small boats looking like starships, and finally entered the park proper, passing under an arc and between two purple and yellow big tops.

Following the main path that passed between various rides and attractions, they quickly reaching a series of twirling star rockets that they had to cross to continue, being careful of pools of mud along the way. Stepping in them slowed most of the heroes down, which only asked to receive an attack from the various enemies present or to be rammed by the rockets as a result.

Electricity coursed the rockets, which gave Kirby the idea of using the Water Ability to make them short circuit (cleaning some of the mud by the same occasion), destroying them, much to Elfilin's sadness. Phantom joined in in destroying the rockets with her sword.

"Hey, the rockets are already busted anyway," Phantom comforted Elfilin.

Speaking of the Water Ability, Kirby got the idea of upgrading it by turning it into the Galboros Water Ability. So, the usual water hat was replaced by a hat looking like the head of the Water Galboros, and instead of sending a stream of water upward like a geyser, Kirby could send it right out of his mouth like a Pokémon's Water Gun. With the usual Water Ability, Kirby could only shoot pulses of water flowing along the ground.

Then, after passing the twirling rockets, the heroes encountered a new enemy that looked like a black creature with a small stick-like body and a big round head. IT didn't have any feet, but had two floating mitts for hands. Beside that, it only had two big cyan eyes partially hidden under an orange helmet. The body was wrapped in a ring-like suit with two shoulder pads bearing two mounted canons, one at both sides of the head.

"An Armoroid?" Sweetie Void questioned. She regularly saw these beings from afar, but that was the first time that she faced one in one of her adventures. "Hey, Kirby, I don't think you ever got the occasion to inhale one of these guys."

Kirby thought about it, then shook his head. She was right.

So he inhaled the Armoroid.

And gained an armored blue and white, futuristic helmet with an orange visor, mechanical gloves covering his arms, and mounted with a jetpack. Kirby quickly revealed that the jetpack was actually two cannons that he could position above his head to fire ahead, as he demonstrated on the following Rabiroos.

"Mecha!" he then shouted happily with a small bounce.

"Mmh... Yeah. With a hat and some accessories, I guess that this is the closest that you can be a mecha without actually becoming one or being in one," Bandana Dee said. "Still would have preferred if your whole body had turned mechanical. It would have been cooler."

Further ahead was a big open space with more mud, lots of enemies (among which were little apes armed with a wooden mallet frankly reminding of Oohroos that Elfilin presented as Mookies), and most of all, big parade cars (looking like evil robots and various forms of spaceships and flying saucers) rolling around in a convoluted path somehow by themselves, coming out of a gateway in a wall at the opposite end and disappearing through another gateway in that same wall.

Kirby decided to use the enemies to test more his new Ability, leaving the fillies and Spiky to destroy the parade cars so the heroes didn't have to worry about being rammed by them as they fought. A Clocker even used himself and the cage it was holding as bait as it thought that the heroes coming after it would get rammed by the cars passing around his position on an elevated platform at the right. Seeing that the cars with being destroyed by the fillies, the bird understood that its idea wasn't as good as it thought and tried to escape only to be caught by Meta Knight and Zan Partizanne.

At the end of the area, between the two gateways, was a tall pillar made of more twirling rockets, and beside them was a series of ladders to climb the wall toward the exit door. A switch present beside the last ladder opened a gate to another door locked behind a gate, above another ladder.

Kirby decided to enter that second door followed by the Three Mage Sisters, Apple Death, and Fox. The others went through the first door.


Kirby's group came nose to back with a line of Awoofies up a slope. The animals heard them, turned around, and upon seeing them, attacked.

One one-sided massacre of canines later, and the heroes saw that they were at the start of a roller coaster. This explained the line of Awoofies. The animals had wanted to have a ride before the heroes arrived and interrupted their fun.

"Well. Just a roller coaster," Flamberge said. "A waste of time."

"I don't think so," Fox said before he pointed at the grid that separated the starting area of the roller coaster from the ending area where a prison gate with a captured Waddle Dee was present.

Clever animals, they thought that the Waddle Dee would be well hidden here. It would have been easy to miss him.

"But where is the switch to open the gate?" Zan Partizanne asked as she looked around, both at the beginning area and at the exit area.

As an answer, Kirby approaches the spaceship sit and inhales to wrap it with his body, taking control of it and starting it off.

"Seems like Kirby thinks that it is somewhere along the track," Francisca said.

"Hey! If you're going on a ride, let me come too!" Flamberge yelled before she flew to sit on Kirby, making Zan sigh and Francisca giggle.

"Ya know, Ah could just turn ghost and phase through the gate," Apple Death reminded a bit too late as Kirby began to climb the first slope of the track. She shrugged, turned into a ghost, phased through the grid separating the two areas, and phased through the prison gate. Now with the Waddle Dee, she opened one of her own portals, allowing the Waddle Dee to go to the town. Meanwhile, Zan and Francisca flew around the grid to join her, Zan transporting Fox.

Not long later, the prison gate opened, and a few seconds later, Kirby arrived with a very pale and shaking Flamberge on him.

"Miss Flamberge, I didn't expect you to get so scared. I thought we would hear you yell in excitement instead," Francisca said.

"I would like to see you sit on this thing while it's constantly moving left and right barely avoiding dozens of Gordos placed in the air all over the track and not end up a shaking mess!" Flamberge yelled back. "I saw my life flashing before my eyes at least five times!"

Fox chuckled. "And you know what is the worst? It was totally unnecessary," he said before pointing at Apple Death who was still in her ghost form.

Understanding, Flamberge's eye twitched.

"Hey, ya were the one who was eager to go on the ride," Apple Death said with a shrug.

Zan Partizanne put a hand on Flamberge's shoulder to calm her down. "Let's just go, Flamberge."


While Kirby's group went through the roller coaster, Sweetie's group had to do a small detour around it. The second group then reached a new area of the park with spinning platforms just in time to be joined by the first as it wasn't far of the roller coaster's exit.

"We found and saved a Waddle Dee, and Kirby gave Flamberge the scare of her life," Apple Death resumed.

"We heard, and saw. She has one heck of a pair of lungs," Sweetie Void said.

"From the one who is always yelling, is it a surprise?" Marx teased.

"SHUP UP!!!" Flamberge yelled.

"Point."

The heroes reached the spinning platforms where quite a number of enemies awaited them, ready to throw off the heroes' jumps to make them fall into the water below. Gordo Bars were also placed on some of the platforms, and there were even twirling rockets on the last one, there of all places. The animals even brought many Scarfys to distract the flying heroes.

Dexterious jumps were needed under the cover of many projectiles. The Mookies were particularly nasty because they threw their hammers at the jumping heroes.

Once everyone managed to pass the platform, some were happy to return on stable floor.

Continuing to follow the path, they then reached a series of plazas covered in mud, asking for the Water Ability again. A pipe offered water at the right of the first plaza, and no doubt that Kirby could fill himself like a water balloon to clean the mud, but he decided to not do that. Water Ability was more than enough with Sweetie's help, until Link played the Song of Storms and cleaned everything in one go. Footholds were risen, twirling rockets were destroyed, wilted flowers were watered. Without counting the now wet enemies, everything that could have counted as an obstacle was now gone just like that.

The downside? The heroes were now wet too, and some didn't like it, especially Flamberge.

At least, cleaning the mud also lowered a part of another plaza, revealing a secret alcove in which a Clocker and its captured Waddle Dee were hidden, beside a last wilted flower placed there for some reason. Once the Waddle Dee was freed and sent to the town, Kirby, sad at the state of the flower, transported the flowerpot to the plaza and watered it too.

After this last plaza was a large fountain that the storm also cleaned from all the mud. It was a dead end, but the heroes remarked that the central water sprout was going all the way to an elevated platform from which they probably could have a good view of the park. Having a hunch, Sweetie Void flew to it and saw that there was a golden cage with three captured Waddle Dees.

Probably the Clockers thought that the heroes wouldn't think of looking there, but they were proven the contrary. The others joined Sweetie Void either by flying or by riding the water sprout. But from this platform, there was nowhere to go.

Which was alright because Krystal confirmed that there weren't any Waddle Dees left in this part of the park near the entrance, so they could move deeper in.


Not bothering to take the Lor -it was just a park after all, walking was more than enough, even if this park was bigger than normal-, the heroes continued further into the park toward the next area where Krystal confirmed the presence of Waddle Dees, starting by crossing a bridge.

A bridge that led to none other than a race track, with a car present before the starting line, as if waiting to be used by Kirby!

This time, Sweetie Void decided to shapeshift into a car, allowing the heroes who couldn't climb on Kirby by lack of place to climb on her instead. When you excluded the ones who could fly and the two Sonic who could simply run through the track in less than a second, there was more than enough.

And since it was a race track, then it was only natural to have a race!

"See you at the finish line!" Sweetie Void shouted as she started off.

Kirby couldn't really talk as he was, but his eyes said everything before he started off too.

The track revealed to have lot of mud on it, slowing down the cars rolling on it, so the race wasn't determined in the end by who was the fastest or who took better the turns, but by who managed to avoid remaining too long in the mud. The many enemies present on the track, however, didn't matter at all. They didn't even slow them down one bit.

Kirby was the one who won the race, barely. He had slightly more experience driving, and he managed to push Sweetie into the mud one more time than she did to him.

"Alright, you win this time. But it was only the first round!" the alicorn challenged.

"Without us next time," Jeff pleaded.

Leaving the car behind, they continued to a nearby doorway to a place with a heavy presence of Kabus, Poppy Bro Jrs. and Jabhogs and lots of stairways going down, perfect to play bowling by rolling some bombs down them into the enemies below. Hitting a switch at the bottom of a moving slope also opened a gate to a doorway out of the way, forcing the group to separate in two again.

While Kirby went to this door with Ness, Spiky, and Bandana Dee, the others continued ahead and passed another doorway a bit further, guarded by Bernards firing at them from covers. At least, their projectiles weren't hard to avoid.

After the doorway, they went up some stairs right to a makeshift arena where a Gigant Edge awaited them with two flying saucer parade cars circling him, sword ready. But then, Kirby, under the clear effect of an Invincibility Candy, ran out of the doorway, up the stairs, and rammed the Gigant Edge and the two flying saucers hard, sending them flying, ending the fight before it even started. And while he was at it, he continued to run and rammed the few enemies that had been waiting behind the Gigant Edge, also sending them flying. The heroes who went with Kirby came not long after with a rescued Waddle Dee ready to be sent to the town by Sweetie Void.

Kirby's Invincibility Candy ended just before the next doorway. Kirby just had time to clean the area of enemies.

Yep, they were definitely stocking up on Invincibility Candies after that.

Also, Pikachu found an open vent behind some high grass. The vent led to a storage room with a treasure chest containing a trapped Waddle Dee. Hurrying heroes would have missed this one.

Finally, they reached a second race track with another car conveniently waiting at the starting line.

"No racing!" Jeff shouted. "You will race next time without us on you!"

Sweetie sighed. "Alriiiight."

Sweetie found it too bad. This track revealed to be longer, with more turns (and sharper ones too) and jumps and even shortcuts, and they even had to roll alongside parade cars at the end.

A golden cage wasn't far of the finish line, on a higher place. A Needlous literally tried to get the drop on them, making itself pass for the bars of the ladder with its yellow strips, but it didn't work. The Clockers usually transporting the cages were nowhere in sight, having decided to abandon their charge and escape under the glaring eyes of Galacta Knight watching from up there in the sky.

PreviousChapters Next