• Published 25th Dec 2020
  • 3,137 Views, 3,356 Comments

Harmony of Heroes: Ultimate Multiverse Explorers - Lucar



Several months after her adventures on Popstar, Sweetie Belle decides it's time to start new adventures in new universes

  • ...
9
 3,356
 3,137

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 120: Tournament Part 13: The Final

"So, ya've a plan ta defeat Link without going Void-mode on him?" Apple Death asked.

"Of course I have!" Sweetie Void answered while eating a piece of chocolate cake. "He has one glaring weakness, and I intend to exploit it."

"Let me guess. You will stop Link from putting the mask?" Phantom said.

"What? No! I want to fight the Fierce Deity! I want to fight Link at his most powerful! Or the victory wouldn't feel right! No. I have something else in mind. I may not even need to sing. It should be a piece of cake." She showed the piece of chocolate cake before gobbling it to make her point.

"Don't underestimate him," Sweetie's Rarity warned. "He defeated Kirby."

"I won't. I will take this fight very seriously. It's just that, when I said that I only intended to use my pre-ascension powers for this tournament, I never said that I would not include the powers that I had when I was in Soul-mode. You remember? The Soul-mode against which Kirby was almost powerless before he unleashed the Stella Knight. Technically, it's still pre-ascension power, so this counts. So, like I said, I shouldn't need to sing."

Soon after, Master Hand announced the end of the break, and everyone gathered before Master Hand opened the portals to transport Link and Sweetie Void to Battlefield.


From the spectators' perspective, Link appeared on the left platform while Sweetie Void appeared on the right one.

The two wordlessly exchanged a nod before Master Hand started the countdown to the start of the battle.

"Five! Four!"

Suddenly, a purple being looking like Donkey Kong but made of polygons and looking slightly off appeared on the top platform.

This got the two fighters, and most of the spectators, to say, "What?"

"Three! Two!"

Next appeared another polygonal purple figure, this time on the main platform, right under the top one, and this one looked like Pikachu but looked more like a real mouse. Another, this one looking like Samus but also off (the arm cannon looked more like an arm triangle), appeared under Link's platform.

"What the heck..." Sweetie Void said

"One!"

Yet another polygon figure appeared under Sweetie's platform, and this one looked like Mario but with a pointed head and pointed ears. Sweetie couldn't see it since it was under the platform she was on, but she heard it appear.

"Wait a minute!" Sweetie exclaimed.

"GO!"

Link immediately put on the Fierce Deity Mask just as the Donkey Kong wannabe jumped down from its platform toward him. At the same time, the Samus wannabe moved from under his platform, ready to jump to fight him while the Mario wannabe was doing the same from under Sweetie's platform. The Pikachu wannabe decided to target Sweetie Void and jumped to join her.

All four figures were destroyed in the following second by the two fighters, but this only allowed more of them to start to appear all over the arena, all of them looking like one of the fighters that participated in the tournament but with some details off, more or less obvious, like the Kirby one had some weird diamond-shape on its head.

"So Link and I have to fight each other while dealing with these guys?" Sweetie questioned while she cut into pieces the Kirby wannabe.

"Exactly! This is a Battlefield, after all! This arena demands action and chaos! So be ready to fight off an army of copies of EVERYONE! I must precise however that these copies don't have all their powers. They only know how to jump, punch, kick, headbutt, and use items."

And speaking of, an Apple Death wannabe (judging by the lack of wings and horn, but the bow looked merged to its head) got its hooves on a Smart Bomb and threw it right away on Link who was able to bat the bomb back at its sender before he jumped on the top platform to escape the huge explosion that followed and that caught a few of the polygon fighters.

At this moment, Link found himself surrounded by hundreds of beams all pointed at him.

"These things are just a nuisance!" Sweetie Void shouted while punching a Greninja wannabe (which didn't have its tongue-scarf around its neck). "Your adversary remains me!"

The Fierce Deity is strong and fast, but there's no way he can block all these lasers at once. He only has one sword.

But then, Link used Nayru's Love to surround himself with a diamond-shaped barrier just as Sweetie sent the lasers, and the barrier perfectly blocked all of them.

"Oh... I forgot he could do that... So much for that weakness. Well, I will have to wait until he runs out of magic."

Sweetie ducked to avoid the punch of a Sonic wannabe, grabbed it, and then threw it toward Link who cut it in two very easily. Sweetie flew after it with her ten swords. Link didn't mind the weapons and directly attacked the filly who was able to parry his sword with hers. Since she was holding her with her magic, they weren't sent away like Link didn't with Kirby's sword. Sweetie continued to block Link's swings, waiting for an opening to destroy Nayru's Love's barrier with a punch. Instead, she had to blast away a polygon Captain Falcon while Link didn't care about the attacking enemies. His barrier blocked all damage, so he simply continued his relentless assault on the filly.

Sweetie Void had to retreat when a Jolteon turned invincible by a Star attacked her, allowing her to see by the same occasion that a Yoshi got a piece of the Dragoon.

"Oh hay no!"

She destroyed the Yoshi (which looked more like a real raptor) and took the piece of Dragoon, then teleported away to avoid being sliced in half by Link.

Speaking of, he also cut the Jolteon whose invincibility wore off.

Sweetie Void decided to create copies made of solidified energy to take care of the polygon fighters, sending a Dedede, a Meta Knight, and a Bandanna Dee. With the three copies dealing with the polygons (creating even more chaos), Sweetie was able to focus back on Link just in time to block his sword with her own.

She didn't even attempt to create shields.

Seeing a second piece of the Dragoon, she grabbed it with her magic while continuing to block Link's attacks, still waiting for Nayru's Love's barrier to disappear. That barrier could last a while! And she still couldn't find an opening to destroy it with a powerful shield-destroying punch.

But eventually, the barrier started to flicker off.

Sweetie Void then decided to fly away, out of range of Link's sword. Time to force him to use his magic!

And bingo! Link attacked her right away with spinning sharp waves that she dodged.

The thing with the Fierce Deity was that he didn't really think. He just acted.

Meanwhile, the three copies made of energy continued to eliminated the polygons that constantly spawned. The Bandanna one even got its hands on the third piece of the Dragoon.

Sweetie got an idea seeing this and gave the copy Bandanna the two other pieces, allowing it to form the Air Ride Machine and to fly away into the void. At the same time, Sweetie Void prepared an Ultimate Doom Laser. Also, Link's barrier finally disappeared.

Just as the Dragoon returned, Sweetie fired her laser, and the two came at Link from opposite directions. But, with perfect reflex, Link was able to jump out of the way of both despite everything, and the laser ended up disintegrating the Dragoon with the Bandanna Dee copy riding it as well as the part of the arena it caught. Sweetie quickly moved the laser to follow Link only for him to send a sharp wave that forced her to stop and to move. Sweetie then continued to dodge the following waves while the arena regenerated.

"Come on... Come on... Continue to waste your magic... Screw this! It's taking too long and it's boring!"

Mane and tail turning into fire and her ten double beam swords gathering around her, she charged at Link who put up Nayru's Love again. Despite this, Sweetie still began to attack Link from all sides with her swords and various projectiles, hitting the barrier repeatedly while parrying Link's sword.

Still summoning projectiles to continue the assault on the barrier, Sweetie Void then flew a bit backward and gathered her ten swords back into a spear before she flew back at Link at a speed superior to the one of sound. The tip of the spear violently clashed against Link's sword, creating a powerful shock wave that blew away everything else on the arena excepted the copies of Dedede and Meta Knight who were able to resist. Link attempted to use the occasion to disarm her like he did against Kirby, but she held on firmly. Then, in just one second, Sweetie did a dozen thrusts with her spear, each blocked by Link before he attempted to punch her.

Sweetie avoided it and continued to do thrusts with her spear, this time using her magic to hold the weapon. While Link was busy blocking, Sweetie readied a hoof, accumulated energy, and punched HARD. This destroyed Nayru's Love's barrier like glasses, leaving Link finally vulnerable to all the projectiles still coming from all sides. Link did pay attention to them or the injuries they caused however. Instead, he grabbed Sweetie by the leg that just destroyed his barrier, holding so hard that he crushed her bone. And then he made it snap. It was so bad that a part pierced out of her skin.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

Despite the pain, Sweetie was able to send a powerful, freezing blizzard that trapped Link in ice, but the Fierce Deity had no problem breaking out of it. This still allowed Sweetie to heal herself before she glared at Link and began to slash the fabric of space to send space beams.

Link avoided them or cut them. Easily. Jumping from platform to platform, not even minding the polygons that were caught in the crossfire. He still took care of destroying the copies of Dedede and Meta Knight when he crossed them while regularly sending sharp waves at the filly.

Said filly created a huge blade of energy on her horn and brought it down toward Link who jumped out of the way, the blade cutting the whole arena in two, including an unlucky polygon Fox. After a second of separation, the two pieces of the arena reformed back into one.


"Wasn't the arena supposed to be, you know, indestructible?" Falco questioned.

"It is supposed to be," Master Hand confirmed. "It's just that Sweetie Void is so powerful that she is able to damage it despite my precaution. It means that she is at least my equal. Fierce Deity Link could probably damage the arena too if he put everything in his sword. Like he did when he cut Baby Bowser in two."


And speaking of, that was exactly what Link was doing. He accumulated a huge quantity of energy into his sword, creating a giant blade of energy that extended out of it. When Sweetie attacked him again with her horn-blade, he was able to parry it. The resulting clash shook the whole pocket dimension, spreading cracks all over its fabric.

Both blades then moved away from each other only to clash again, and again, and again. Link was then able to swing directly at Sweetie Void who dodged before she surrounded the whole arena with lasers. As they closed in on Link, the Fierce Deity simply destroyed a few of them with a swing before he moved through the newly-formed hole, avoiding all the rest.

Only to find himself covered in fire falling from above in a column.

But Link then spun very rapidly, creating a tornado that blew the fire away while also sending numerous sharp waves randomly in all directions. For Sweetie, it was like trying to dodge rain, excepted that, here, rain drops were big waves of energy that could slice you as if you were made of butter.

It lasted until Link seemingly ran out of magic, because waves eventually stopped coming while Link continued spinning for a couple more seconds. By then, Sweetie Void received more than her fair share of cuts that took a lot to heal to the point that she began to breathe a bit loudly.

When not absorbing energy from her environment to replenish herself, she had far less stamina than her unicorn Soul-self back when she fought Stella Knight Kirby. Souls really were stamina bags. Especially her Soul before it became Absolute.

With Link out of magic, she attacked again with her blade-horn. She should now be able to overpower his sword and, possibly, disarm him if she did it right. However, to her surprise, Link simply side-stepped the blade - which cut the arena in two again), sliced a polygon Empoleon, took off his mask, becoming his normal self, and then used his grapple which wrapped around her neck before bringing her back to him and slamming her against the side of one of the platforms. He then quickly put the mask back on and charged at her. She barely caught his sword between her front hooves while also blasting away an approaching polygon Empoleon. Link also had to back-kick a polygon Ness coming from behind him armed of a Beam Sword. But then, he was also blasted away by Sweetie Void, which made him let go of his sword which remained in Sweetie's hooves.

Now in possession of the infamous helix sword of the Fierce Deity, which was CRAZY HEAVY SERIOUSLY EVEN BULK BICEPS WOULD HAVE DIFFICULTY LIFTING IT, Sweetie Void charged at the recovering Hero of Time.

Only for said Hero of Time to duck her swing at the last moment before he grabbed her by the head and the back legs and snapped her spine on his knee. VEEEEERY hard. As in, it broke in two, which would have turned Sweetie's lower body definitively useless if it wasn't for her healing. Link then grabbed back his sword and was about to plant it into the filly, not minding receiving a punch from a polygon Luigi.

Despite the absolute pain she was in, Sweetie Void was able to teleport at the very last moment just as the sword started to penetrate her skin. Just as the sword planted itself into the floor instead, Sweetie then punched Link extra hard on the right leg, not only destroying his Tibia and Fibula (the bones under the knee), but also making him lose his balance so he was forced to put his weight on his sword to remain up. Sweetie then quickly used the occasion to punch the other leg, putting it in the same state.

Despite this, Link remained standing even when he pulled his sword off the floor, albeit wobbling a bit.

This disturbed Sweetie a lot. Any normal person would be down crying their mommy by now with their legs in this state. It hurt just to watch Link standing despite his legs being total wrecks. And contrary to Sweetie Void, he didn't have the luxury of having a mean to heal himself. By the way, Sweetie Void made sure to throw into the void the bottle with the trapped fairy in it that just appeared.

After they both took care of some more polygon fighters, Link wobbly walked toward Sweetie Void who continuously attacked him from all directions with her own beam swords, lasers, and other projectiles. But no matter how many times Link was cut, burned, or whatever, he continued his advance, barely keeping his balance.

Getting frustrated, Sweetie Void dodged several rapid swings of his sword when he was finally in range before she managed to punch him in the chest, cracking several of his ribs. Despite this, Link didn't even let out a groan of pain, only spitting some blood, before he punched her in return, on the head, strong enough to crack her skull. But Sweetie then caught the arm that just punched her (Link's right one) and snapped it. However, because of blood now covering her left eye, she didn't see a polygon DK coming and punching her, opening her to Link who pierced her with his sword.

She immediately punched Link on the face with a shield-fist coated in electricity, making him release his weapon. She also cut the polygon DK into pieces with her swords while she slowly pulled out Link's sword. When Link recovered from the punch, she sent a copy of Meta Knight to make diversion while she finished pulled off the sword. Once the weapon was fully out, allowing her to heal, she threw it into the void just as Link caught the copy Meta Knight's sword, forced it away from his hand, and used it to impale him, destroying him.

Of course, the copy's sword disappeared from Link's hand along with its real owner.

But then, with Link totally disarmed and unbalanced, Sweetie proceeded to pummel him all over the body with shield-fists. The assault quickly forced Link to drop on his back on the ground, but Sweetie continued for a whole minute. Any polygon fighter who tried anything during that time was promptly cut into pieces by a double of the filly who used her swords.

Sweetie Void then stopped.

Only to see that Link was still conscious, but couldn't move anymore because pretty much all the bones of his body were now dust.

"Huff... Huff... You won't give up... even in this state? I guess... that I have no choice," she said before she approaching the fallen warrior, turned her front hooves into hands, and began to forcefully pull off the mask.

Fierce Deity clearly didn't want that because he roared and struggled as much as he could in his state, constantly moving his head.

But after several long seconds, Sweetie Void succeeded. The mask came off, and Link returned to normal. He lost consciousness right away.

Sweetie dropped the mask.

"He... Hehe... Like I said, didn't need singing. Totally piece of cake," she muttered before she used her magic to clean herself of all the blood, fully healed.

"And the victor of this battle, and of this tournament iiiiiis... SWEETIE VOID!!!" Master Hand announced.


Both Sweetie Void and Link returned to the others, fully healed and with all their possessions. However, they were surprised to see someone absent.

"Where is Master Hand?" the filly asked.

"He disappeared just before you two appeared," Mario answered.

Just after he said that, a new rift opened, and Master Hand's voice came out of it.

"You who won this great tournament, you will have now the privilege of facing me. No use to wait. I know that you are as excited to fight me as I am to fight you, and that you are ready. So, come. Enter your Final Destination, and let's battle!"

"Does he have to be so dramatic?" Samus deadpanned.

Sweetie Void laughed. "Well. Let's not make him wait. He is entirely right. I want this fight now."

"At least, I doubt that it will be as violent as the one you just had against Link," a very sick-looking Rarity said. "Is... Is your spine alright?"

"Don't worry. It's as if nothing happened," Sweetie Void reassured.


Sweetie Void appeared at the extremity of a large octogonal, diamond-shaped structure with a flat surface that floated in space.

And appearing out of space, Master Hand came with a booming cackle. "MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" Once he was done, the floating hand dropped at the opposite extremity of the arena.

"Nice entrance," Sweetie Void applauded.

"Thank you. I always practice the laugh. Now, before we start, let me tell you the specificities of this battle. First, there will be no items. Secondly, the Ring Out Barrier won't work for me. Some of my attacks ask a lot of place, you see? The only way you will be able to defeat me is by knocking me out. However, you can be Ringed Out."

"No problem."

"Good... Now... Readyyyy?

...

...

GO!!!"

As soon as he shouted that, both Sweetie Void and Master Hand flew at each other with a punch ready. After a violent clash that lasted a few seconds and that shook the whole dimension, they separated, and Master Hand pointed two fingers at the filly in a "finger-gun" mode before he began to fire giant bullets by pairs. Sweetie easily reflected them thanks to her mirror, only for Master Hand to come and poke the mirror with a finger, destroying it. He thanks caught Sweetie in his grip and tightened hard. After a second, the filly freed herself by unleashed a big explosion that blasted Master Hand away, and she quickly began to fire beams at him with her ten cannons plus her horn while he recovered.

After taking some hits, Master Hand materialized a huge hand that he used to deflect some of the beams back at the filly before he threw it right at her. Sweetie Void barely flew out of the way only to be slapped by the giant hand that came just after. Master Hand then sent out lasers from his five fingers that began to sweep around, mostly targeting Sweetie Void or to obstruct her, but the filly had no problem avoiding them while flying around and firing more beams at the hand.

She quickly had to teleport to avoid a punch, only for Master Hand to disappear into a rift and to come out of another right above where she appeared, and the filly found herself crushed between the top of the arena and a giant fist. Electricity then spread from Master Hand before she could free herself. Despite this, Sweetie Void was able to turn her fur into needles that pierced Master Hand all over his fingers and forced him to go away. Sweetie then made him pay the electricity by teleporting on his back before she planted two of her beam swords into him and unleashed electricity inside him from them.

To stop her, Master Hand fired a laser from one of his fingers into a rift, and the laser came out of another rift to hit the filly. Before it was a continuous laser, it continued to burn her until she decided to use a mirror again to reflect it back through the rift to burn Master Hand instead. However, Master Hand then turned himself upside down and slammed himself on the arena, crushed the filly between it and him again. This time, he didn't remain and took off fire into space, leaving behind a trail of flames which burned Sweetie Void.

As Sweetie was getting up, she then saw Master Hand flying back toward her from the side. Instead of getting out of the way, she readied herself to catch him to stop him. This worked, but not before she was pushed back almost to the Ring Out Barrier. She had to use a shield as a platform to help herself and stop in time. Once he fully stopped, she then slashed him several times with her beam swords before she blasted him away and readied her ten cannons to fire an Ultimate Doom Laser.

She fired, only for Master Hand to open a rift that sent the laser right back at the filly. Sweetie Void copied him and opened her own rift to send the laser back at him. The two then began to fly around attacking each other while constantly using rifts to change the Ultimate Doom Laser's trajectory to try to hit their adversary with it. At a moment, Sweetie Void passed under the arena, getting out of view of Master Hand. Once she reappeared and returned to attack again, she was then finally hit by the Ultimate Doom Laser.

Only for her to reveal to be a Mirror Copy which broke into several shards that went after Master Hand. Not expecting this, Master Hand quickly destroyed the shards with his finger-gun bullets only to be hit in turn by the Ultimate Doom Laser that the real Sweetie sent back at him.

As the arena became surrounded by a purple mist that obscured the space, with shooting stars in it, Sweetie Void grabbed Master Hand by one of the fingers before she threw him to crash on the arena. She then dropped on him like a meteor before she pummeled him with shield-fists.

Until he snapped his fingers, and a meteor suddenly crashed right on Sweetie Void. Master Hand immediately took the occasion to get up and to punch her away before he snapped his fingers again, and several copies of himself made of stone formed around him before they went after the filly.

Against this, Sweetie decided to move up a gear, turning her mane and tail into fire before creating copies of energy of Galacta Knight to counter them.

Pure chaos followed.

Sweetie Void avoided the sweeping lasers of a stone Master Hand that was then attacked by one of her Galacta Knights, then flew toward the real Master Hand who was in his "finger-gun" position, accumulating energy on his two fingers. Instead of firing bullets, he fired a big laser that Sweetie reflected with a mirror, not without some difficulty. Master Hand slapped the laser to send it toward one of the Galacta Knights, destroying the copy, before he snapped his fingers. The next instant, a giant sword like the one that Master Hand used earlier appeared above Sweetie Void. The sword remained above her no matter where she was flying, pointed down.

Briefly glancing up at the sword above her, Sweetie Void decided to not pay attention to it and to attack Master Hand who was sending cards made of pure solidified energy at her. These cards revealed to act like cutter blades. When Sweetie avoided them, they eventually flew back where they came from, so she had to avoid cards coming both from before and from behind. And then, the sword above her finally decided to drop down on her. Avoiding it, Sweetie Void managed to grab it, and then used it to destroy the cards while her ten cannons fired at Master Hand and his stone copies. Speaking of, one of them tried to punch her but ended up cut in half as a result.

Master Hand snapped his fingers, and meteors rained all over the arena and around.

In return, Sweetie Void materialized hundreds of beams in random places and made them fire at random directions, making them totally unpredictable. She also created little balls of energy that floated around for a couple of seconds before exploding. Many meteors were destroyed, as well as some stone Master Hands, before Sweetie Void finally formed a real wall of lasers that she sent at the real Master Hands. Thanks to the diminished number of stone Master Hands, some of the Galacta Knight copies also attacked him.

While he was hit from all sides and the arena entered a wormhole, Master Hand snapped his fingers and created icy winds that took the form of beasts that attacked the Galacta Knights and Sweetie Void. While the filly was busy dealing with them, Master Hand then grabbed the arena by its extremity and used it to slap everything before him into oblivion. Sweetie Void avoided being one of the victims by teleporting away.

She appeared right behind Master Hand and impaled him with his giant sword which she still had, making him release the arena. She then gave him a taste of his own medicine by grabbing the whole arena in her magic before she smashed him with it, more exactly with the pointed bottom of it. But Master Hand caught it, and the two began a struggle to gain control.

Until Sweetie Void cut the whole arena in two with a giant blade of energy, and gave Master Hand a bad slash by the same occasion. She then grabbed the two pieces of the arena with her magic and repeatedly slammed them into Master Hand from both sides.

But Master Hand revealed then that he could teleport too and eventually got away, reappearing not far before Sweetie Void.

"You are winning this one, Sweetie Void."

"Really? You give up?"

"Not at all. But as this is going right now, you have the advantage. It's a very good fight, and you are an amazing adversary." Master Hand gave her a thumb up to show his appreciation. "However, I want more. You are holding back, and I am holding back too. No more of that. I want to see everything you have. EVERYTHING. Show me that power that is ready to fight a whole multidimentional army.

Sweetie Void looked hesitant. "I don't know if-"

"You are scared of going all out against the Great me? You shouldn't be. Your objective is to put an end to the Subspace Army. Well then..."

Suddenly, something in Master Hand seemed to change. Sweetie Void wasn't sure what, but she suddenly felt a chill.

Then, as Master Hand continued to speak, his voice was now monotonous. "You shall not have any qualms to fight me at your most powerful. Because...

I...



AM...



THE SUPREME COMMANDER...








OF THE SUBSPACE ARMY!!!"

...

...

Master Hand's voice resonated everywhere.

And yet, everything became silent.

Sweetie Void, and even the spectators who heard everything, could only stare.

Energy began to crackle between Master Hand's fingers. "Now... GIVE ME YOUR ALL! PRINCESS OF THE VOID!!! OR DIE!!!"

Author's Note:

Next chapter: the real final boss of the first Saga.

PreviousChapters Next