• Published 25th Dec 2020
  • 3,137 Views, 3,356 Comments

Harmony of Heroes: Ultimate Multiverse Explorers - Lucar



Several months after her adventures on Popstar, Sweetie Belle decides it's time to start new adventures in new universes

  • ...
9
 3,356
 3,137

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 140: Peace... Or Not

The heroes returned on what remained of the helipad where the Lor was already awaiting them to return to Waddle Dee Town.

To everyone's surprise, the three Beast Pack executives, Gorimondo, Clawroline, and Sillydillo, were present beside the ship, waiting, looking hesitant. Among them were several Beast Pack members, mainly Awoofys, both normal kind and Primal kind.

The animals couldn't talk, but their intention was clear, they wanted to make amends but weren't sure if the heroes would let them after everything. They probably saw the fight. Saw how the being they worshiped almost destroyed the world. Did they even know what happened to their king because of said being? And to some of their comrades?

They certainly understood that they had been manipulated.

Sweetie Void took pity of them, and signed for them to enter the Lor. Well, Gorimondo and Sillydillo were too big to pass through the door, so they will have no choice but to climb on the deck. While they did that, Sweetie opened a rift to bring Kirby back, the little guy having remained alone on Popstar.

Once they were inside the Lor, the ship took off and opened a portal back to Waddle Dee Town. Before long, they disembarked and gathered with everyone back in town, telling the good news. The Clockers among the Beast Pack members who came flew away to spread the news too to the animals that were in the region.

Before long, the Pinkie Pies threw a party to celebrate the heroes' victory, the successful rescue of all the Waddle Dees, and the Beast Pack now being friends. As the party started, more and more of the animals joined them, as well as the ones who were previously brainwashed like the Bonkers or Blade Knights, making friends with the very beings they fought and captured the previous days.

"We could see the planet approaching. It was scary as heck! We really thought we were done for," Applejack the robot, or Applebot, said to the heroes as they began to eat at a table placed on the town square.

"I imagine. A planet about to crash on us is a waking nightmare," Jeff said.

"But we must admit that it was an impressive sight," Gilgamesh said before he drunk some sake from his wooden gourd.

"Yeah, it was," Sweetie Void said.

...

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" several of the heroes shouted when Gilgamesh's presence registered to them.

"These brave townfolks took care of me while I was unconscious," Gilgamesh explained.

"You're welcome," Sweetie Void said.

"Once I woke up, it was easy to heal myself with Cure spells, just in time to admire the show. It's not everyday I see a planet on a collision course with the one I stand on. But somehow, I believed that I was safe. And now, I decided to rest a bit and to take part in these nice festivities. It's always nice to relax every once in a while among companionship, especially after what was one of the biggest and greatest fights of my life." Gilgamesh stared at Sweetie Void. "Next time, I will be the one victorious!"

"There will be a next time?"

"Yes! From now on, you are my rival!"

"Uh. Okay. But could the rivalry wait? I'm busy preparing for a war."

"You can fell whole armies by yourself in a few seconds. What kind of war do you have to prepare to?" Gilgamesh asked.

"One of multiversal proportion," Sweetie answered.

"I see. Do you think there will be powerful beings in the opposite camp?"

"I know of at least one. Maybe two, not sure yet about this one. And yes, the one I know about uses swords, but I don't think you could steal them. His swords are far too big even for you."

"Oh, some giant. Too bad."

"Beside this one, I don't know any other weapon users that I'm sure is part of this army, unless you count the soldiers. Some of them use swords."

Gilgamesh shook his head. "I'm not interested by the small fry. They generally have bad quality weapons and they don't even put up the shadow of a fight."

"Well, it's all I can say about my future enemies. I also know that one of their generals is an immortal brat with a mecha, but I doubt that you're interested by that."

"Depends of the mecha."

"Spidery kind."

Gilgamesh rubbed his chin in thought. "If the mecha is a minimum powerful, the fight could be fun."

"I fought him once, I can confirm that he can put up a good fight. He is not above underhanded tactics however."

"Grr. I hate guys like that. Cowards!"

"The worse!" Sweetie agreed.

Phantom sweated as she looked at the two. "Look at these two battle junkies."

"Birds of a feather flock together," Poo said.

"But while I only know about this brat, the chances of a powerful sword user being present are very high. And with their technology, you could get yourself a beam sword," Sweetie Void said.

Gilgamesh laughed. "It would be a nice addition! By the way, is it me or you're trying to recruit me?"

Sweetie spluttered.

Gilgamesh laughed again, slapping Sweetie on the back in good humor. "I understand you! With me among you, your enemies would stand no chance! But I'm not interested in entering such a large scale war, especially over just "maybes" and for a camp I don't know anything about, but I won't mind keeping in touch just in case. Until then, let's stop thinking about it and..." He grabbed his gourd of sake and shoved it into Sweetie's muzzle. "have some fun! We're in a party after all!"

"She is a minor!" the two Raritys present yelled.

"For someone of her caliber, age doesn't matter!" Gilgamesh retorted. "Also, I'm not a responsible person!"

Sweetie removed the gourd from her mouth, coughing. Once she stopped, she pointed out, "And technically, I can be any age I want. But remove that gourd from my face! I don't want more of this!"

"You quickly get used to it. After a time, it's as natural as drinking water," Gilgamesh said before he finished the gourd.

The party continued throughout the day, and Sweetie and the heroes actually returned to the places they explored in their adventure, having some fun. They ate at one of the restaurants of the Alivel Mall, they napped under the sun of Everbay Coast, they did some rides in Wondaria, the Beast Pack made a circus show in the big top, and they did snowball fights and built snowmen in Winter Horns. Rapidly enough, it was as if the Waddle Dees had always been friends with the Beast Pack. There were even some sparring matches in the coliseum. Seeing a Waddle Dee fight an Awoofy was honestly the most adorable thing Sweetie ever saw.

Scratch that. Seeing Kirby sleep with Elfilin and an Awoofy topped that.

Speaking of Elfilin, he remained asleep during a good part of the day, but he eventually woke up during the afternoon and immediately joined the festivities.

And there was also all the dancing. Gilgamesh revealed to be a very good dancer with his unique exaggerated and dramatic moves*, and some of the Waddle Dees and even the animals attempted to copy him and how much they found them funny.

When evening arrived and the party slowed down, Sweetie Void finally had a talk with Galacta Knight. Or rather, it was Galacta Knight who came to have a talk with her. She had been talking with Bandana Dee and Dedede when he came.

"I remember having heard about this alien we fought," he said. "The humans often mentioned them. How it was thanks to this alien that they learned to open rifts. How it was from them that they got the necessary Matters to do it and do many other things."

"That's right! I felt it! This Fecto Elfilis used a lot of Matter Energy, especially Dream and Soul!" Sweetie Void exclaimed.

"Fecto Elfilis? Was that their name? How did you learn it?" Dedede asked.

"It was written just in front of them."

Dedede gave Sweetie a deadpan look, making the filly laugh.

"But I saw nothing in front of them," Bandana Dee said in wonder.

"You have to have a special vision of life to see," Sweetie Void said.

Galacta Knight cleared his throat to gain back their attention. "Yes. This... Fecto Elfilis used Matters."

"But then, it means that they came from the Dream Universe or the other dimension," Sweetie guessed.

"Yes, but I know nothing about them. Father, however, reacted weirdly whenever they were mentioned around him. He looked sad."

Sweetie contemplated it. "He knows more, but I don't want to ask him about this. Talking about his past only hurts him. By the way, I remarked that Elfilis' rifts had the same star-like shape than the rifts opened by the Lor, and even the rifts to the other dimension that Morpho Knight opened."

"For Morpho Knight, I can't say, but for the Lor, that's because Elfilis really was at the origin of the warping technology of the Ancients. Before the humans came, they hadn't studied the Matters yet to the point that they learned how to open rifts. The humans' arrival really was a boon for them, and together, they worked to better their knowledge until they were able to create the Dream Universe with the help of father."

"So the humans really gave the Ancients their warping technology! I was right! Magolor will be crazy when he will learn that!"

"So, were the humans part of the Ancient civilization?" Sweetie asked.

"Not really. When the Ancients began their civil war and rebelled against Void, the humans weren't part of this. Instead, they gave them a wide berth and settled on the planet that is known today as Shiver Star. Once they had their "dream world", they pretty much took a back seat and remained by themselves."

"And we know how this ended," Dedede said.

Bandana Dee then remarked something. "Hey, is that Clawroline on the Observation Tower? What is she doing up there?"

Seeing the leopard, Sweetie Void flew up to get a better look. "Uh. She is looking at... a rift? Why is there a rift?"

Clawroline saw Sweetie Void and signed for her to come.

"Something tells me that I should go warn Kirby and the others."

And she did so. Before long, everyone gathered around the tower, and Sweetie Void, Elfilin, Kirby, and Bandana Dee were on top of it beside Clawroline, looking at the rift. There wasn't any place for more on the top of the tower. In the air around the tower were also everyone that could fly so they could also look.

"So, what can you tell us about this rift?!" Dedede called from the bottom of the tower.

"Elfilin says that Clawroline says that she can sense Leongar through it, somehow!" Sweetie Void replied. "And I can feel a lot of Dream Matter and Soul Matter coming from it! This may have something to do with Fecto Elfilis!"

"Elfilis... the alien? But we killed them!" Present Sonic shouted.

"I don't know! I'm going to investigate with Kirby and Elfilin!"

At this, Sweetie Void approached the rift. Then the rift opened and began to pull everyone on the tower into it. Sweetie, Kirby, and Elfilin resisted more or less easily, and Clawroline embed her claws to cling to the tower, but Bandana was almost sucked up so Sweetie quickly grabbed him with her magic.

"Want to come with us, Bandana?" she asked.

"Uh... Alright!"

"Well then, let's go!"

At this, she jumped into the vortex, followed by Kirby and Elfilin while she brought Bandana.

At the other side, they arrived in a purple void. Quickly enough, Kirby called his Warp Star to transport everyone.

They saw there were seven floating islands, each seemingly based on one of the regions they explored in their adventure (plus Lab Discovera).

"Oh my gosh... This feeling! This is exactly how it felt when I was absorbed by my other half, Fecto Elfilis!" Elfilin said. "It's possible that, after that big battle, Leongar became trapped in this strange place... C'mon! We have to check it out!"

"I'm really feeling lot of Dream Matter and Soul Matter everywhere here! And also psychic energy! It's... like this is a pocket dimension made from someone's dreams!" Sweetie Void said. "I think... that Fecto Elfilis is somewhere in this dimension, still alive somehow. They probably created it, maybe to recover from their defeat.

"Poyo."

Bandana Dee gulped. "How can they still be alive?"

"We destroyed their physical body so... maybe their soul? We will discover soon enough. Let's investigate that first island."

Author's Note:

*Some dance made of Kabukie Mie Poses. I don't know if it has a specific name. I don't think it's the Kabuki Dance.

PreviousChapters Next