• ...
 11
 246

Chapter 18 - A Battle of Hypercars (Part 2 - The Duel)

Avaria had a spell of fear as she heard what came out of Lolestra’s mouth. It seems, to her at least, that the Alliance is dealing to two enemies at the same time. One being the Legion of Speedfreaks, which was completely obvious, the other was probably Sombra. But Sombra isn’t much of a threat to the Alliance of Extreme, at least for now that is. But time would play it’s own hand in the never-ending card game, but the cards weren’t drawn yet. It’s because the deck (containing hypercars) was constantly being shuffled.

Galasara noticed that Lolestra was looking like when Midnight Skies came out of her ordeal with the Alliance after being reformed by Danger.

“You okay, Lolestra? You seem a bit on edge, that’s something I don’t want to see from my cousin.” Galasara said, voicing concern over Lolestra.

“On edge? Pfft! I’ve always being on edge!” Lolestra scoffed. “In fact, I’m so on fucking edge, that if I sat on a chair, my butt wouldn’t made any contact with said chair!”

I’m glad that Miss Galaxia doesn’t have children. Mythea thought to herself.

White Crystal Highway Service Station, I84A, 250 miles from the Circuit of the Stars, Thursday 10th July 2021, 14:32

While Lolestra was close to venting steam, Danger, Rainbow and Twilight were at a fuel station, because… guess who’s car drank the most.

“Why didn’t you make it hybrid, Danger?” Rainbow asked Danger. “And… we’ve done 110 miles, we’re probably gonna stop about 3 times because of your near-400 mph gas haemorrager.”

“First reason, I thought I’d fancy a bit of a change from going 0-60 in about… now.” Danger explained as he was filling his Mithrilfire. “I’m doing an experiment on how many miles to the gallon this car does.”

As Danger was speaking, the Mithrilfire’s tank was now full. And Danger got out his began his calcuations.

“So Dashie, we’ve done… 110 miles, according to my trip and I put 48.59 litres in the tank and I’m gonna convert that from Euro-metric into Imperial by divding that… by… 4.546 which is… 24.19 gallons. And… 110 divide by 24.19 is… 4.5 miles to the gallon.” Danger explained.

“Wow, I’m right with I said there.” Rainbow concluded. “But you could have chosen your Excelsior X though.”

“But, Rainbow, the Excelsior X, when it’s on MegaSport+ does 320 mph, this does 396. Also the HYX version of the Excelsior does 326. But I got one fuel station further than my Excelsior X, even though it’s got a bigger tank.”

“That’s a lot of information I didn’t think I’d need, but… you’re quite brilliant when it comes to cars.”

Inside the shop however, Twilight had a few bones to pick.

“Why would Oscura build some a big to rid of only one person, I think that a bit overkill, don’t you think, Danger?” Twilight asked him.

“Twilight, it’s not just me she’s up against. She’s up against the whole of the Legion.” Danger said. “We’re basically in a standoff with Oscura, but I think we shouldn’t worry over her now though, but we are in a duel in about… 250 miles.”

“It’s not like’s she after us now, is she?” Rainbow stated.

“Rainbow, you do know that Oscura hates us. The fact that she’s giving grief doesn’t help with the fact that… for the past two weeks we’ve been sabotaging Oscura’s intel.” Twilight said.

Danger was thinking of the layout of the Circuit of the Stars and the places where the Mithrilfire would excel at. Then, after four seconds had past, he was spotted by a crowd of die-hard DangerDean fans. Danger, knowing he wouldn’t want to disappoint his fans, got up and left Rainbow and Twilight to it.

Danger City, Legion of Speedfreaks HQ, Main Vehicle Production Base, Thursday 10th June 2021, 15:00

While Danger was becoming a commodity with people was chasing his signature, Aria was looking on the car database for ideas for her new car, the AB2 Motionblaze. She plans to make the Motionblaze a hybrid and run on an internal combustion engine. After Danger told Aria that he was having a duel with Rainbow and Twilight, she thought she’d treat Danger to a really nice car when he got back. She created a car with Raser Tachyon, Saleen S1 and Ginetta Akula styling, a near 3400 horsepower 9.2 liter, twin-supercharged W16 at the middle and a top speed of 402 miles per hour. The car was called the DGR21 Iskur X. She also planned to make the DGR17 Vigilante, the DGR18 Skuriken (which was named after one of attack group at Paradise City), the DGR19 Elixirfire and the DGR20 Stormweaver as well, but she wouldn’t tell him that part as it would be a surprise to him.

She decided to have the Motionblaze styling to be reminiscent of a Mercedes-AMG GT3 (the 2020 version) a 992 series Porsche 911, a Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion and the Apollo Intensa Emozione. While she was doing that she also made her own Ferrari as she is a Ferrari fan herself. While she didn’t tell Danger this, it was completely obvious to him. She decided to base her new Ferrari off a 488 GTB, a P4/5 which was designed by Pinninfarina. Also, fun fact: Danger’s SF90 Stradale was originally called a Pinninfarina Battista

Also in the production base was Crimsonia, she was making the CRD2 Crimsonblitz, a car with resemblance to an Aston Martin Valkyrie at the front, a Lamborghini Sesto Elemento on the sides and a Pagani Huayra at the rear with a Le Mans-style rear wing. Powering the CRD2 Crimsonblitz is the same engine used in Danger’s DGR15 Excelsior HYX, the hybrid version of the Excelsior. The Crimsonblitz wasn’t a hybrid, but will be a 396 mph rocket ship. She also planned to give one to Azura under the name of AZD2 Azureblitz.

But as she sent the car to the printer, a girl appeared who looked like Rainbow Dash in natural colour with teal hair in Aria’s style and with cyan eyes. She was wearing a teal t-shirt with a fireball and a ouroboros with lightning bolts on it’s body. Her lower garments are the same as Black Flame’s. But was wearing the same style boots Aria wore before the Battle of the Bands in teal and red. She was also wearing basketball-style arm sleeves, not because help her with not getting her arms tired, but as a accessory. Her name was Hatsune Soulblitz.

She was originally from Crystal City before moving to Danger City in 2003 with her two sisters, Rin Powershock who is the youngest and Luka Arcanelight who is about 3 years and 4 months older than her. She, like her sisters, is also a racing driver and Danger was her inspiration, but also someone who raced against Danger back in 2005 at the Equestrian GT Championship.

Aria noticed Hatsune walking passed her with Luka and Rin following each other after Hatsune entered and were heading for Crimsonia.

Rin Powerblitz has a Fluttershy-esque natural colour with yellow hair and red highlights and has yellow eyes with light-ish red eyeshadows. She was wearing a yellow knee-length dress with a symbol consisted of a sun and lightning forming a circle around the sun. She was also tights coloured black and white and wearing Aria-style boots which reached to the bottom of her knee caps.

Luka Arcanelight has a Twilight-esque natural colour with pink hair and light red, white and purple hair in the style of Sonata’s. She also has golden-yellow eyes with pink eyeshadows. She was wearing a long-sleeved shirt in dark purple with a imprint of a including a leather jacket over it. Her lower garments are denim jeans. She was also wearing the same style of boots Sunset wore during the Battle of the Bands but ankle length.

“Hatsune, this is Aria Blaze…” Luka said before being interrupted by Aria.

“Yes I know, Luka. Me and Hatsune are long friends.” Aria said, shaking hands with Hatsune,

“OK, Aria, I think you know why we are here?” Hatsune began.

“Why’s that?” Aria had no clue but she had a feeling it might be related to Oscura.

“I heard from an outside source that… Oscura is planning to make a machine that will make the entire planet dark tomorrow… and planning to make it rain perpetually and a eternal blood-red solar eclipse will illuminate. When that happens Aria, there will be no escape from the clutches of the darkness, there will be no such thing as a glimmer of sanity, there will be pain, death, agony, torture and humiliation, to please Oscura Galaxia, the Empress of the Darkness, the Mistress of Oscura City. There will be… no hope under the crimson sun, but the crimson sun will fall. One day, storm clouds may consume us all, but we, the Legion of Speedfreaks… we be the bullet that will pierce her heart and her body will crash to the ground.”

Aria was shocked at what Hatsune said. She was more worried over the fact that the crimson sun was Oscura’s plan to give the Legion of Speedfreaks a wound it could never heal from.

Circuit of the Stars, Pit Lane Thursday 10th June 2021, 19:30

While Aria was being traumatized, Danger, Rainbow and Twilight had arrived on Twilight’s personal tracks, the Circuit of the Stars.

A 3.28 mile piece of Italian-style track that looked like it crash-landed in the middle of Danger’s world. But that didn’t stop Twilight from putting her TWI4 Andromeda X on the start line. She also had a goal up her sleeve, to beat her lap record, which stood at 1:27.190. She also knew the bus-stop chicane and the double chicane after turn 10 would slow her down. But she was determined to shave a couple of seconds.

Then, a montage of 3,400 horsepower and Twilight began the line without any wheelspin. She approached the slalom of turn 1-3, clocking over 170mph. Then she headed for turn 4, a difficult left hander with a tendency to cause chaos. But Twilight didn’t falter and headed for the 180° turn 5 and the right 90° of turn 6. She then blasted through the straight, clocking at 250 mph in the space of 13 seconds. Then came the bus-stop, Twilight slowed down in order to take the corner as she wouldn’t have slowed down if she was in her F1 car. Next up the banked turn at turn 10 and the double chicane of turns 11 to 14. After nearly tank-slapping, her time… was 1:27.998. She then did a U-turn and headed to the pits.

Next up, was Rainbow’s RBD2 Pulsar GTX-4000. The 3,892 horsepower circus from the 12.75 litre twin-turbocharged V12 began as Rainbow sped towards the slalom. Unlike the Andromeda X, the Pulsar was a bit of a handful, because having in excess of a 400 horsepower could lead to problems, but having nearly tank-slapped twice in the same style Danger did when he dueled with Akula. Her time was 1:30.090.

Then it was the turn of the Danger’s Mithrilfire, the fastest car of the three and the only one not being a hybrid, but having two fuel stops and about a million signature from his fans, he felt confident that with the experience he had at the circuit, he would be at least a few seconds ahead of Twilight’s record.

On his lap, he managed to keep the under control despite causing two of the garages to fill up with tyre smoke, which was completely accidental, to him at least. Luckily for Danger, the Mithrilfire didn’t tank-slap as much as Rainbow did. When Danger crossed the line, Twilight was in shock.

His lap time was 1:27.090!