• ...
 11
 247

Chapter 24b - Cyborg Satisfaction and the Second Fight

“What makes you say that, Danger?” Sonic asked.

“Well… considering she would be in a lot of pain after regaining consciousness from the punch I dealt to her… I’m pretty sure it would be not possible to make a cybernetic arm.” Danger replied. “I can handle Oscura, but I can’t handle a cyborg version of Oscura.”

Then Jasmine thought of something.

“I know a cyborg, Danger,” Jasmine said, “ I haven’t really talked to her much ever since I joined the Legion. She is pretty strong… in her cybernetic form that is.”

“Why’s that?” Viral asked.

“Well… she had an accident about 5 years ago that caused her body… bar her neck and head… and her vital organs… to use cybernetics in order to function. The scientists and doctors said that I need to care for her as she was in a maze of metal and wires… Her head wasn’t broken… just scared… but the damage was already. I took care of her for the past 5 years and… it felt like I had a daughter… even though I’m not due for any yet.” Jasmine explained.

Give yourself time… you may want to. Danger thought to himself.

“How has been doing over the five years she has been in your care? Sonic asked.

“She is doing well.” Jasmine replied. “Over the five years, she felt quite anxious and tense so I did everything in my power to calm and soothe her. I managed to get her into a state of euphoria and calmness that lasted for quite some time. I was there for her when she needed it the most; and I will always be there for her. It brings me great joy to know that she is safe. It is all thanks to you that she is in this good state!”

Azura Dragonsfire and Blazing Lionfire enter the room.

“It must really suck for her… not using her own limbs and having cybernetics to move.” Viral said, in a calm and slightly sad tone.

“It can be, Viral.” Jasmine said, put her hand on Viral’s shoulder But it can also be an opportunity to be reborn as a stronger being than one was before, if one is strong enough to overcome the trials of being converted and being a cyborg. But I can attest that she is strong enough, considering she has already endured this and maintained her composure. She is a very special being indeed and I wish nothing but the best for her.”

“Did she tell us about her accident?” Azura asked.

“No.” Jasmine replied. “She did not outright state it, but she certainly gave indicators. I was able to observe her mannerisms and listen to her breathing, and I detected a certain state of anxiety and tension that is usually induced by stress and/or trauma. That is what prompted me to do my best to soothe her before she began to panic or experience something that would be much more painful or traumatizing.”

“Why?” Akula asked, in total confusion.

Jasmine let out a sigh.

“The most probable reason is she did not wish to cause a potential sense of worry or fear in me, or did not wish to concern me with her internal issues.” Jasmine said. “Akula, did I tell you that I am confident that she will open up and tell me when she is ready and when she is comfortable. I shall allow her to discuss these matters when she so chooses so she does not feel pressured, or as if she has to share these matters with me. I will always be there for her whenever she needs it, however, and will not abandon her.”

“I hope she gets the joys of life back to her.” Akula wondered.

“Have you been managing it… since you cared for her for… half a decade.” Blazing said.

“Of course, Blazey!” Jasmine replied. “I will devote everything possible for her and will never cease my efforts to ensure that she is happy, safe and content. I can do this. I will not give up for her, for she means the world to me. You can trust me to ensure her happiness and well-being, and I will be there to support, reassure and lift up her spirits anytime she needs me. I have her back.”

“And ours.” Viral stated.

“What happens with we decide to speak to her?” Danger asked, if it were possible.

Jasmine walked to Danger.

“She may be a bit nervous at first, but it is nothing a bit of warmth and gentleness cannot address. Please, feel free to speak with her. I'll help comfort her in case of any anxiety that may follow after it. She's a fragile soul, but she can handle it with a little support. She's very strong. I will be right by her side, should she need me.” Jasmine replied.

Then two seconds later, after hearing the conversion, Twilight entered the room.

“Do fragility and strength contradict themselves, depending on how strong she is?” Twilight asked.

“They do not by themselves, Twilight. One that is fragile has experienced hardships and has a more delicate psyche, but is tough enough to endure and persevere through it while one that is strong can endure even the most tremendous of hardships and still come out at the other side. It is a fine line, as many strong people have fragile hearts, and vice versa. Both of which can be overcome if one persists and does not give up, even in the hardest of times.” Jasmine said.

“I already know about that, Jasmine!” Twilight said, sternly. “My previous incarnation is the Princess of Friendship… I’m that and the Princess of Speed!”

Danger and Sonic thought of something.

“If there’s a Princess of Speed in this room, how come we already have an Angel of Speed… and that’s Viral?” Sonic asked Danger.

“Don’t know, Sonic, to be honest with you.” Danger replied.

“Can I ask, Jasmine… does your cyborg have those qualities.” Blazing said.

“She does indeed, Blazey. She is fragile in that she is a sensitive and caring person. She has suffered in her life and has endured much. She is strong enough to continue forth despite the hardships and pains she underwent in her life, and is willing to press forth with her desire for a happier and better life. That is strength. A true strength within someone's heart, and one that she has in great abundance.”

I was about to ask that, but I guess that’s me told! Akula thought.

“Is she strong?” Blazey said.

“She is strong indeed. Her being a cyborg is a testament to her strength, for she was able to overcome the trials that came with being converted and remained true to herself, retaining her sense of compassion and desire to do what is right. No amount of hardship can truly break her. Though she does have a sensitive heart, it is stronger than any metal or artificial material, for her heart is one strong with a spirit of compassion and kindness. Those who underestimate her or pity her are the ones that will see how strong she is, for she will never give up and will always push herself forth. She is a true fighter.” Jasmine said.

“How sensitive?” Twilight asked, intrigued.

“Her sensitivity is similar to the warmth of a loving mother's embrace. It is that kind of sensitive. A gentle, kind, caring and compassionate sensitivity that is full of love, care and concern for others. It is one full of empathy and understanding. It is one that always wishes the best for those around her. It is a true and pure sensitivity that is unlike any other in the world. She is a gentle spirit.” Jasmine said.

Fluttershy, eat your heart out! Danger thought to himself.

“I wonder if she’s in the HQ.” Azura said.

“I can assure you she is. Her presence is not at all easy to miss, either. She's a lovely and endearing soul. She has a sensitive nature and can be a little shy, but she's strong enough to overcome her anxiety and nervousness. Her compassion and kindness are like a gentle breeze. They keep one warm and happy, and she is a warm ray of sunshine to be around! She brings me a great deal of joy and happiness because of her. She is a very loving and compassionate soul.” Jasmine said.

“Why is she shy, Jasmine?” Viral asked.

“She is not naturally a very talkative person. She has had troubles with speaking her own thoughts so directly for a while, a very small and cute quirk that she has. She's not shy or awkward at all in the sense of lacking confidence, she just prefers to speak softly and to listen and observe. She is fully capable of conversation, she just prefers to keep things more quiet. She's quiet, but definitely not weak or lacking in determination. She is very strong and dedicated, so much so that she is willing to put other's needs above her own.”

“So… she’s like Fluttershy?” Twilight asked.

“Twilight, Fluttershy is shy but she isn’t as strong as this cyborg is. She basically has the same strength of a vintage Formula 1 car would have if you try to crash it.” Danger said.

Twilight approaches Danger, with a stern look on her face.

“Sorry Twilight… it was something I need to get of my chest.” Danger apologized.

“Anyway, Jasmine, Danger could talk to her, he’s a talkative person.” Sonic said.

Danger rolled his eyes in disapproval.

“Indeed.” Jasmine said. “Danger, you're a very talkative and open person. You have no problems letting the world know exactly what is on your mind; and you're willing to speak your mind whenever you need or desire to do so. You are very comfortable and open with yourself, and you have a great amount of confidence when it comes to letting the world know what you think and feel. You have no qualms about it. I admire that.”

Sonic, do you wanted to be cremated or buried at sea? Danger thought to himself, annoyed.

Then Danger, realized something.

“Jasmine, did her parents realize she had became a cyborg,” he asked, surely this must have been heartbreaking for her parents and even her brothers or sisters.”

Jasmine sighed. “Unfortunately, they were unwilling to see the value in their daughter,” she said, “they were too blinded by the notion that she was a cyborg that they could not recognize their daughter's amazing abilities and strength within her. Because of this, they were unable to recognize the truth of her worth, and their narrow-mindedness is what caused them to fail to recognize the true values and ability of their own flesh and blood. Their inability to see past what they perceived as a human becoming a cyborg is what ultimately caused them to abandon her.”

“She was abandoned?” Viral said, in shock.

“Yes. They did not see the worth in their daughter, and instead of giving her comfort and love and care and compassion, they were only able to treat her with hate and disrespect and disdain, making her feel as if she was a burden on everyone around her. It was this that caused her to feel less than everyone else, and this is what made her feel so much pain.” Jasmine continued.

“That sucks so… bad like getting killed by Oscura bad!” Azura said.

Jasmine sighed as a tear flowed from her eye.

“I know... It is incredibly sad! It must have been very painful and tragic for someone to have to go through their whole life hating themselves for something that was never their fault or choice. But I promise you that she will be loved and cared for and supported from hereon forward. And we will give her everything she needs. We will not disappoint her, and we won't ever leave her behind, we will never give up on her. I will be with her every step of the way. She's a precious soul worth protecting and ensuring her comfort and happiness at all costs.”

“I'm sure all of us could talk to her as... well she is your friend now.” Blazing said.

“You're definitely correct, Blazey.” Jasmine agreed. “I am sure Purity Radiance would enjoy chatting with you as well. She is a friendly soul, despite her difficulties in opening up a little. You seem like a very friendly and open person, so I have no doubt in my mind that you and her will be good friends if she gets comfortable enough to open up to others. She may be shy at first, but once she grows accustomed to someone, she is one to be cherished and protected. She is precious, and I am very proud to call her a friend, and my friend!”

Blazing felt her shirt ripple in a gust of wind and then…

Danger vanished.

“Danger’s gone!” Viral exclaimed. “Is Oscura using her power to bring him to somewhere unknown?!”


Danger looked around the area to find anyone he could talk to. Then… Oscura appeared. Her arm clad in bandages and supported in a sling. Her face was twisted with anger.

“You’re going down, Dean!” Oscura sneered, holding onto her arm.

“I see you got fixed up, Oscura.” Danger said, looking at her sling.

“SHUT UP!” Oscura shouted, “I know what you did to me while I was unconscious!”

“What?” Danger asked.

“You punched in the face and you shot me in the arm! I will kill you for this, Dean!” Oscura spat out.

“What with your arm? No way!” Danger said.

“YOU! YOU'RE THE MAN WHO CAUSED ALL THIS PAIN AND SUFFERING TO ME! HOW DARE YOU?! I AM THE EMPERESS OF THE EVIDER- cough Eternal Darkness! You made me into a monster!” Oscura shouted before pausing for breath.

“What the…” Danger said to himself.

Oscura starts to punch Danger in the face.

"How does it feel, to be defeated by your own enemy?” Oscura asked. “You're nothing but a bully, and your time is up!”

Danger breathes.

“When I shot you in the arm, I should have aimed for your head!” Danger said… trying to ignore his pain.

Oscura grins.

"You are gonna pay for your brutality, Danger Dean. We are going to settle this once and for all right here, right now.”

Before she could fire a bolt of electricity at Danger, Danger punches her in face.

"OWWWW!!” Oscura screamed in pain. “ You've been working on your punches while I was at the hospital, I see. You think you can beat me, Dean, but you're underestimating my power. I will not stay down, and I will not quit until I have destroyed you and your pathetic legion of crime for what you've done to me and my people!

“Your people?” Danger scoffed.

“Scoff all you like, Danger!” Oscura sneered. “But when I have a large enough following, I will be able to lead them into a war against you, and your legion will fall by our righteous hands!! That's just something for you to think about after I kick the living shit out of your body!”

Oscura lunges at Danger and punches him in the gut.

“How do you like that, Dean?!” Oscura asked.

“I've had enough of this false charade, Oscura... The Legion of Speedfreaks will destroy the Alliance of Extreme Darkness!” Danger said, getting up.

"And then what?” Oscura asked. “What happens to you and your legion after that? If you destroy us, your group will have no one left to fight, and your legion will crumble to dust and ashes. You should have known better than to mess with me, Danger Dean. I. AM. THE. NIGHT. AND. THE. DARKNESS!!"

Oscura tries to punch Danger Dean with her right hand, but the punch is too weak to do any damage.

“You win, Dean. For now...” Oscura said.

She was too weak to fight Danger.

“Till we meet again… when the you see the flag of the Legion of Speedfreaks flying proudly over Oscura City.” Danger says as he teleports to the Headquarters.

Oscura smirks at Danger as he leaves.

"The day that your flags fly in Oscura City is the day that the Alliance of Extreme Darkness and its people have fallen. But I will never allow that to happen, because I am Oscura Galaxia, the heroine of Oscura City!!! And you better remember that when you come back to town with your legion of Speedfreaks." She said as she walks back to Oscura City. "Don't celebrate too soon. The alliance will be back to overthrow you one day."