• ...
 11
 246

Chapter 24 - The Meeting of the Triumvirate

While Danger re-entered thorough the portal in a less fresh state than he originally was, Aria, Rusalka and Rainbow were in Rusalka’s quarters, going over what Danger had sent her before he knocked out Oscura.

“How is Oscura doing all of this? It’s just Danger she wants to kill and… she been doing a bad job at it. Even though her tech Is awesome but it has a lame name. If I had the file on the hard drive I would called it ‘Dragontank’. Seriously?!” Rainbow said.

“I will conceed that… ‘Drachenpanzer’ does sound a bit badass.” Crimsonia confessed. “But… she needs to be a bit more creative when she names her toys. Like us for example. I can imagine that Applejack would be the sane of all us. Speaking of… where is Applejack?”

Crimsonia looked around the room but she couldn’t find Applejack, even in the corridor.

“Crimsonia, I know where she is.” Aria announced.

“You do?”

“While Danger was confronting Oscura, Sonic discovered two more abandoned Alliance of Extreme Darkness Vehicle Production Plants. One of them is 23 miles north of Vesperis, right on the far reaches of our territorial grasp on Aeris. The other is deep into Oscura’s doorstep and I asked Hatsune to infiltrate that while Applejack was at the one near Vesperis.” Aria explained.

“I wonder how Danger’s doing?” Rainbow said, thinking about her best friend.

“When he went through the portal, he did look a little beat up but nothing too extreme, Sonic, Akula and Viral are having a discussion with him now. He took him to one of the medical rooms where a Rejuvenation Chamber restored him to his previous form… before he was punched by Oscura… nine times.” Aria replied to Rainbow’s concern.

“I wouldn’t worry too much about him, Rainbow.” Crimsonia said, putting an hand on Rainbow’s shoulder. “Besides… he’s Danger. He can bounce back and give Oscura a punch or two.”

“But Danger’s my friend.” Rainbow replied. “I’ve seen what Oscura did to him, in both Paradise City and here in Danger City. I thought back in the other world that the likes of Cozy Glow, Chrysalis, Tirek, Discord, Grogar and many other villains I’ve witnessed in the past were evil. But… Oscura…”

“Oscura’s what?”

Rainbow took a deep breath.

“Oscura’s more powerful than we thought… and more ruthless than any of them. Surely she must be more brain-dead than ever.” Rainbow finished.

“Her family members are not as powerful as you might imagine, though… but I heard for Jasmine Spark that… Zephyr Galaxia is just as powerful as Oscura.” Aria stated.

“What do you mean by that?” Rusalka asked.

“Well… from what Danger told me yesterday, that Zephyr Galaxia doesn’t have Galaxia blood within her. Nor is she related in any way. But she is entire backbone of the Army of Eternal Darkness. She has the power to disintegrate anything we got.” Aria explained.

“When will they strike?” Rainbow asked, still in shock over what Oscura did to Danger.

“We don’t know at the moment… but with Danger shooting Oscura’s arm and punching her face… it will bide us more time to build our defenses.” Aria replied.


While Aria, Rainbow and Rusalka were still in their own conundrum, Danger, Sonic, Akula and Viral were in the main control room after Danger took a trip to a Rejuvenation Chamber. When he got out, he was his previous self, before being punched multiples due to Oscura’s rage.

“You did the right decision to go through to Oscura but… why would she use this much aggression on you?” Sonic asked Danger.

“It’s simple, to be honest with you, Sonic.” Danger began. “She kept telling me, in her usual tone of voice that is, that she think that her race was ruined because I put her into a wall at about… 80 or 90 miles an hour, something like that.

“You said that like you didn’t know.” Viral stated.

“To be honest with you, V, I wasn’t paying any amount of attention to the tachometer and was more focused on Oscura’s rear-left panel.” Danger confessed.

“Thought as much.”

“Anyways… if I hadn’t committed a motorsport crime, in Oscura’s dogma of stupidity, I would have became friends with her and sprayed her anything within an arm’s distance.” Danger continued. “But I had to do it to her and….”

“She resorted to violence?” Sonic asked.

“Exactly within those lines and… it’s basically a dagger that’s firmly inside my heart and I can’t yank it out a conventional way and now… she turned the sky blood red… practically forever.” Danger replied.

Within moments, Akula thought of something.

“Danger, I don’t think you have to endure the horrors of this crimson sky for eternity.” Akula announced.

“Why’s that?” Danger asked.

“While you were getting assaulted by Oscura, me and Viral had done some looking into the crimson sun. I even had asked one of… you know the one that has Twilight and Starlight-style hair with-“ Akula explained.

“Jasmine Spark?”

“How did you know that?”

“I saw her before I got punched in face about 7 times.” Danger replied.

“Anyways, Jasmine pointed out that the crimson sun is created by a machine that can fire a red beam without hitting the sun. This would cause the sky to turn red like what happened a few days. But we also found out that it’s not permanent.” Akula continued.

“Does that mean it can be turned off at any point?” Viral asked.

“Not like instantly, V.” Akula replied. “The machine can’t override once it’s activated and… it’s to be demolished for the sky to reset itself.

“Would about 100 rounds from Danger’s Scorpion be enough to destroy it.” Sonic asked.

“I don’t think so and I think we should waste bullets, because of how strong Oscura’s technology is… small arms fire won’t do jack shit.” Akula replied.

Danger then left the room to get something from the arms storage rooms which brought curiosity to Viral.

“What’s Danger up to?” Viral asked, facing Sonic.

“I tnink he may have something that could destroy that machine of Oscura’s.” Sonic said.

After a minute passes, Danger return with a custom gun he made a month before he went to Paradise City. It was similar to his Scorpion EVO, but it had a more bulky shell and the magazine was integrated into the shell. What Sonic noticed was that the gun glowed red and this was enough for him to ask Danger.

“What’s that?”

“This I think could destroy the Crimson Sun Controller that Oscura has. This is… Scorpion EVO 3 SF-LSR Carbine.” Danger announced.

“What does all that mean?” Viral said, puzzled.

“The LSR in the title means that it shoots lasers… 80 to be exact. I can either fire one at a time, four laser burst or all of the them in one go. This is where the SF part comes in or ‘Select Fire’ for the full name.”

“It still counts as small arms fire, Danger.” Akula stated.

“That’s slightly false.” Danger denied. “Because I forgot to mention a fourth firing mode. When you hold the trigger, The barrel glows gets more brighter and it indicates that you’re powering up your shot. When you release, it fires a powerful singular shot, depending how long you held the trigger.”

“OK, I guess that shut me up then.” Akula concluded, thinking that Danger always had alternate ways of creating chaos.

“I’ve heard from Crimsonia that you knocked out Oscura.” Sonic said, getting onto another Oscura-related topic.”

“Well, even though she punch me about nine times, she kind of forgot that I took her Desert Eagle and shot her in the arm. She did scream out that she was going to kill me and I punched her in the face, knocking her out.” Danger explained.

“How long for?” Viral asked.

“Well it took me 6 hours for me to regain consciousness and considering I punched her quite hard… the chance it could be longer than 6 hours. Could even be 12 hours or even tomorrow.” Danger replied.

“So this means we have more time prepare our forces and contact every city in Speedfreak control to aid us?” Viral asked again.

“Exactly, but when she regains consciousness, Oscura’s lust for vengeance would explode off the charts.” Danger said.

Two seconds later, Jasmine Spark entered the room.

Jasmine’s hairstyle was similar to Twilight’s on the fringe but the tail had a Trixie-Starlight-esque curl to it. Wearing a purple shirt with a leather jacket over it, leather pants and leather boots that reached up to her knees.

“I hope I’m not ruining your meeting in any way.” Jasmine said.

“Far from it, Jasmine. You’re just the girl I need to speak. You three need to listen to this.” Sonic said, facing the Triumvirate.

“You wouldn’t believe this, Danger.” Jasmine said. “You basically gave Oscura a nightmare she wouldn’t want to come back from.”

“I imagine Oscura’s lungs committing seppuku right now.” Danger wondered.