• ...
 11
 246

Chapter 20 - Terminal Velocity

Oh jeez. Danger thought, I thought she wasn’t going to do that. But, now… reality now feels like a knife stabbing me in the heart repetitively. She really wants me gone now. Danger wiped his brow as sweat was pouring down, over the possibility of who will survive in the matter of a few days.

The Legion of Speedfreaks… or the Alliance of Extreme Darkness.

Rainbow had an inkling that he really didn’t Oscura to turn thrsky red and that she thought that it was a pipe dream. But some pipe dreams could turn into reality and Rainbow was aware of this, so was Twilight.

Twilight knew that the red sky would be permanent, unless the machine had an ‘undo’ switch. But it was too late to be messing with Oscura’s plans.

After about 25 minutes of driving, the three arrived at the Stratosphere Resort.

Danger exhaled as he could get some rest from the shock of seeing the Crimson Sun. He knew for definite, that the Crimson Sun will fall.

Then as Rainbow and Twilight got out their luggage, Danger’s phone rang.

It wasn’t from either Akula or Aria. But someone that Akula said to him a couple of hours ago which was still a mystery to Danger.

“Hello.”

“Hi, Danger, how are things going?” The female sounding voice said.

“Well, I just beaten a record set by Twilight and I’m currently at the Stratosphere Resort.” Danger replied.

“Wow, that’s what you needed after about an excess of 400 mile drive. Also I noticed that the sky’s not like Prussian-style blue. Why’s that?”

“That’s Oscura being Oscura.” Danger said. “I have a feeling that there isn’t gonna be an off-switch. From I’ve heard from Twilight that this… whatever eclipse Oscura brewed out. It will never stay that way.”

“I should hope so, Danger. OK, I’ll let you get on and I request that you see me at the entrance to Tunnel 922N tomorrow. There is a gate when you go south-bound, it’s on your left.”

“OK, then, see ya then.” Danger said.

“OK, Dean. Oh, by the way, I think I’ve been contacted by Akula that you need help with Oscura.”

“Really?”

“That’s right, Dean. I think you need an extra hand. At Tunnel 922N by the way, if you see a red-blue and orange Ferrari 488 Pista with a double V insignia on the front, that’s mine.”

“OK, then. See ya.”

Danger City, Legion of Speedfreaks HQ, Penthouse Suite, Thursday 10th July, 2021, 19:50
While Danger prepared for the night, Aria was sitting on the couch, looking out towards the blood red sky. She wasn’t liking the fact that Oscura went through a insurmountable amount of paranoia and breakdowns to cause the world to be occasionly on fire. She put her hands on her face, completely disgusted with Oscura’s actions. She hoped that the Vehicle War would end and Oscura behind a lock and key… or preferably dead.

Then 3 seconds later, a girl by the name of Rusalka Swordlight entered the room. Rusalka Swordlight was originally from Dusk City but moved to Danger City to start her long racing career. Her natural colour was a plum colour but with a grey tint. Her hair was similar to Pinkie’s before see saw the rainbow that made her hair become fluffed. She was wearing similar t-shirt similar to Danger’s but the logo on Rusalka’s was a sun and sword tilted at a 45-degree angle, she was also wearing a black leather jacket, a similar skirt to Rarity’s but was a blend of pink and purple. She was also wearing Oscura-style boots.

“Aria, why are looking you’re contemplating the inner doom of it all.” Rusalka asked her. “I knew for definite that Oscura would done something out-right stupid.”

“I don’t know, Rusalka, it’s just with Danger like 300 plus miles away and I heard that Akula asked someone to meet Danger. I don’t know who it is, but I think it could be a trap. I’m sure of it.” Aria replied.

“Aria, I think it’s someone called Viral Velocity. Danger, Viral and Akula are known as the Speed Triumvirate.” Rusalka announced.

“Didn’t know that, Rusalka.” Aria said, surprised.

“Didn’t Danger tell about this earlier?” Rusalka said. “I think it might give us an edge in dealing with Oscura.”

“I hope you’re right, Rusalka. No matter what that bastard that is Oscura will do, the Legion of Speedfreaks will be the digging her own grave.” Aria said.

Aria got up and was now facing the window.

“It’s not easy be a Speedfreak Leigonnare, Rusalka, but… I sometimes find it therapeutic to be brutally honest.” Aria stretched. “To me, I think Danger is an icon. Do you think that too, Rusalka?”

This got Rusalka thinking.

“What you mean?” Rusalka asked.

“Well, you raced with Danger in Formula Equestria with McLaren back in 2009, the year before Danger started an ongoing grudge match with Oscura. I thought it would be over, but because of Oscura Galaxia being Oscura Galaxia, it gone on for over ten years now, he must be getting tired already.” Aria explained.

“Aria, Danger is my friend, I really do think Danger is an icon, even the entire population of Danger City thinks so.” Rusalka responded “If it means to protect him from a inevitable curse from Oscura… I will do anything in my power.”

Aria was sure that was Rainbow’s job.

Oscura City, Alliance of Extreme Darkness HQ, Main Lounge, Friday 11th July 2021, 09:48

Oscura meanwhile was looking out of the window again, drinking her coffee, sheding some painful memories of when Danger crashed her car countless times during the Battle of Paradise City, which she hated with her ounce of fibre in her remorseless body, that reflected a dark silhouette with the blood red sun glowed an evil presence.

She admired what she achieved, a persistent nightmare to the planet. The people who aren’t affect by the nightmare is the Alliance of Extreme Darkness, the entire population of Oscura City and, in a weird way, the Legion of Speedfreaks and the entire territory of the Legion itself.

Another thought that unleashed on Oscura’s brain, is how the Legion of Speedfreaks weren’t affected by the crimson sun. She thought that the cars and themselves would have melted by the fear of the sun. Oscura hated the fact that Danger would’ve expected that she would have done something absolutely stupid.

As Oscura takes another sip of her coffee, Lucia enters the room with a newly-acquired prisoner, Sonata Dusk, who was heavily brushed with a few scars on her forehead, her hair messed up, partially unconscious and gagged by duck-tape, she also had hand tied behind her back and her legs tied as well.

“Oscura, we captured someone for you to brainwash.” Lucia announced.

“Who is it?” Oscura said.

“Sonata Dusk.”

I never thought about brainwashing another Dazzling, let alone that bastard of Aria Blaze. Oscura thought to herself. “OK, then, where did find her and kind of force did you use?”

“We found her about 125 miles from Oscura City moving east and I sent two OSC5 Imperator Interceptors to take her out. We used every method to immobilise her car.” Lucia replied to Oscura.

“What vehicle was she using?” Oscura then asked.

“A modified sky-blue Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG with a number plate ’11-SNTA-055996’ Legion of Speedfreaks specification.” Lucia replied.

“Send her to the interrogation room A1. I will be asking the questions.” Oscura ordered.

“What you say Oscura! Come on Sonata, you’re gonna be interrogated.” Lolestra said, while saluting.

As Lucia took Sonata to the interrogated, Zephyr entered the room.

“Hi Oscura, I’ve been thinking.” Zephyr greeted.

“What about?” Oscura said, taking another sip of her coffee.

“I’m thinking of building an armoured vehicle that has faster than the OAV8 Maledtica and has double the armour.” Zephyr replied.

“Zephyr, I’m not playing the game where you can build the most strongest with my fellow members, and my slaves. But I am doing so with that shitface of Danger.” Oscura said.

Zephyr had a thought about 5 seconds.

“You hate him don’t you.” Zephyr asked.

“Very fucking much!” Oscura said, letting a low-pitch growl.

The growl Oscura was enough to convince Zephyr.

“Why do I sometimes get the dumbest twerps in the team! I don’t want to include you, Inferno, Estrella, and the rest of my family, but some members in my army. My fucking army, are literally the worst!” Oscura groaned. “Why does killing Danger has to be herculean task?”

“You’re still trying.” Zephyr said.

“Zephyr, you’re not helping at all!” Oscura sighed.

Danger City, 2 miles from the Legion of Speedfreaks HQ, Friday 11th July 2021, 14:05

While Oscura was slightly being annoyed by her own members, Danger, Rainbow and Twilight had arrived back in Danger City with Danger exhaling at the fact that it was good to be back at the city he loves. Then Danger received a call from Akula.

“Hey, Dean. Are you back and where are you now?” Akula asked

“I’m back and I’m about 40 streets away from HQ. Why’s that?”

“’I’ve been asked by Viral that she wants to meet you… and possibly talk about plans to defeat Oscura.

So this was the person Akula was referring to! Could have known sooner and I think that Akula kept the whole thing a secret yesterday! Danger thought to himself in realisation. “So she’s at Tunnel 922N then, cause she told me last night.”

“Yes, that’s right. Also I may need a hypercar as you rightly pointed out that the cars that Oscura is creating are getting faster.” Akula said. “After you’ve talked to Viral about the your problem with Oscura, I think need help with the name of the hypercar.”

“Don’t worry, AK. I have an imaginative mind when it comes this sort of thing.” Danger replied.

“OK, then. Don’t do anything stupid with Viral.” Akula warned.

“I’m not gonna do anything down-right stupid, Akula. I’ll leave that to Oscura.” Danger said.

“OK, then, Dean.” Akula announced. “I’ll tell Viral that you’re arriving.

“OK, Akula.” Danger ended the call but started another call, this time to Rainbow.

“Hi, Rainbow, I might delayed getting back to HQ.” Danger said.

“Why’s that, Danger?” Rainbow asked.

“I think someone wants to see me, preferrably over plans to defeat Oscura.” Danger replied.

“OK, Danger. Err… Aria asked that she has a surprise for when you do eventually get back.” Rainbow then said in realisation

Danger’s eyebrows were raised.

“OK, Dashie, tell Aria that I’ll be about 15 to 20 minutes, if not, 25.” Danger said.

“OK, Danger, see you at HQ, bye.”

After Danger set his GPS coordinates to Tunnel 922N.

Danger City, Tunnel 922N, Friday 11th July, 2021, 12:19

Danger had a been struggling to find Tunnel 922N because his GPS lost it’s signal, right when he got passed Tunnel 902N, which was a gut-punch to Danger. He knows he needs to find a red-blue and orange Ferrari 488 Pista. Danger had a hypercar planned both Akula and Viral, but when he got to Tunnel 907N, something went wrong with his Mithrilfire X. His washer bottles were bone dry. Danger didn’t have any in the car has it was already full from his luggage the night before.

Two gut-punches in one day! Can’t this day get any worse? Danger sarcastically thought to himself. The permanent blood red solar eclipse didn’t help Danger in the slightest either. Everywhere he looks, a red glow would start to haunt him.

After a couple of minutes of search, and a trip to service for more washer fluid, Danger reached Tunnel 922N where he hoped the Ferrari 488 Pista would be there, and luckily it was, accompanying the Ferrari was the person that Akula kept a surprise for him for at least 24 hours...

Viral Velocity!