• ...
 11
 245

Chapter 19 - There is No Hope Under the Crimson Sun

When Danger got out of his car, Twilight was a little shocked at the fact Danger managed to beat her lap record of 1:27.190 and Danger’s lap time was a full tenth faster. Rainbow decided to tell him the news, but before she reached the Mithrilfire, Danger’s phone rang.

It was Aria.

“Hi, Aria.”

“Danger, I didn’t want to tell you this beforehand ‘cause I know you were busy with your contest, but… how did you do actually?” Aria said.

“Erm… Twilight’s lap record was a 1:27.190, and I set a 1:27.090.” Danger replied.

“That was brilliant, Danger.” Aria congratulated him. “Anyways, I’m gonna put Hatsune on, she wants to talk to you.”

“No problems, Aria.” Danger said and waited for Hatsune.

“Danger, I heard from an outside source that… Oscura is planning to turn the sky blood red tommorrow. Which means that it will spell doom for the Legion of Speedfreaks. If we don’t stop whatever the Alliance is planning, the entire world will bow to Oscura, the sky will turn into an almost permanent night with a solar eclipse… giving a symphony of evil. She will make us all slaves to the Empress of Darkness.” Hatsune explained. “So when are you three coming back?”

“Probably tommorrow, probably because Twilight suggested that she, Rainbow and I would stay in the Stratosphere Resort for the night.” Danger told Hatsune.

This brought concern to Hatsune.

“Look, Danger. I don’t know whatever machine the Alliance may have at their disposal, but no of us known beforehand of what Oscura is planning, except for me, Rin, Luka, Aria, and Crimsonia, that is.” Hatsune said.

But Danger wasn’t buying any concern Hatsune at all.

“I think we will probably notice.” Danger said.

“OK, then see you tommorow.”

“OK, bye.”

Oscura City, Alliance of Extreme Darkness HQ, Main Lounge, Thursday 10th July, 2021, 19:40

While Danger, Twilight and Rainbow were heading for the Stratosphere Resort, completely under that illusion that Oscura was going to turn the sky blood red, which to Danger seems to be a million IQ move. Oscura, herself was wandering around the room with no one in the room other than herself, weighing the risk of extreme weather manipulation. Was turning the sky red not enough? Was the idea of creating a permanent crimson solar eclipse another façade to her plans of ending the Legion. She knew that most of the Alliance members were starting to act like a goat dancing around an open fire. But Oscura was adamant to not make that happen.

But then, Oscura’s soiloquy about her plans for Danger upcoming demise was shattered when Lolestra entered the room.

This shocked Oscura, which is something you wouldn’t expect from someone who is the most powerful human in Oscura City.

“Oh sorry, Oscura, I didn’t expect you to be here but…” Lolestra apologised but was interrupted Oscura midway through Lolestra’s apology.

“There’s no need to be sorry.” Oscura said as a shiver surged down her spine. “Empathy and remorse is Speedfreak quality. It has no meaning to someone fueled by darkness. The light that may blind you has blotted out by upcoming solar eclipse. The sky will turn red, tomorrow.”

Lolestra was mythed to hear what that came out of Oscura’s mouth.

“Oscura, you don’t need turn the sky red cause… the world will see you as a demon, someone who doesn’t give a shit about empathy, remorse.” Lolestra said.

“I’m the Empress of Darkness, Lolestra. I can do whatever the fuck I want!” Oscura said, folding her arms.

“That’s the tragedy of it all, Oscura. Your actions can cause some dire consequences sometimes.” Lolestra warned her. “If countless lives will scatter from existence thanks your lust for dominace and your revenge on Danger.”

Oscura didn’t take heed to Lolestra’s warning. Especially since she has another member in the form of Zephyr Galaxia, although her real name was Chandra Doomblade, she adopted the name Zephyr Galaxia as it was more fitting for her warrior personality. Oscura was gazing at the sunset from the window, she wanted Lolestra to see Zephyr as she was up for the idea of Oscura changing the sky to a colour she was familiar with.

“Lolestra, I’m aware that what we are about to achieve will lead to pain, annihilation, death and the fear of humanity no longer.” Oscura said. “I know I got the patience like a time bomb, but that’s what sets me apart from the bastard that is Dean and his cronies.”

This didn’t answer Lolestra’s warning.

“Do you really want to risk it?” Lolestra then asked her. “After all, I have a Galaxia blood, which means I should support your deeds. But… I think you’ve gone completely insane.”

Oscura rolled her eyes and crashed on a couch.

“I HAVE TO!” She shouted. “I put so much effort, blood, sweat and tears to create hypercars to overshadow Danger, but it doesn’t matter how fast our vehicles. They fucking outsmart us! ALWAYS!”

Then, as Oscura clasped her helmet, nearly taking it off. Both Lucia and Zephyr entered the room.

Zephyr’s light grey natural was shining on the lights and she was looking firece. Her hair was half red and a slightlydarker red. Her right eye was covered by an eye patch, however her left eye wasn’t human. It was cybernetic with red lighting. She also had a red lightning bolt-styled scar with her cybernetic eye seperating it. She was also wearing the same outfit as Oscura’s but the difference is that Zephyr’s outfit has red lightning bolts that glow in the dark. Zephyr is an experienced racer and a warrior. She has a punch which can extremely deform anything she touches, if her power has reached it’s potential

Oscura didn’t realise that Zephyr was part-cyborg and is, for the lack of a better word… a human weapon. Neither did Lolestra for that matter.

“You must be Oscura Galaxia, I assume?” Zephyr said, looking at the Empress of Darkness.

“I think you mean Empress Oscura Galaxia.” Oscura said, in a rude tone.

Zephyr looked at Lucia as to her rising confusion.

“Oscura, please show respect to our new members.” Lucia said.

You’re not the fucking boss of me, Lucia! Oscura thought, angrily.

Lucia then felt a shiver down her spine as she heard Oscura’s silent growl.

“Lucia, don’t feel intimidated by Oscura’s voice, it will only make you stronger, one day, I promise.” Zephyr said.

“It won’t.” Oscura protested. “It will make your personal fighting ability weaker.”

Zephyr gave Oscura a death glare as her cybernetic iris became shorter.

“You don’t believe me, do you Oscura?” Zephyr said.

“I never do.” Oscura replied, angrily.

“That’s what I thought.” Zephyr concluded. “A true warrior must a true understanding what he or she’s truly are. They should have a purpose to fight. If I have offspring, I would train them to be like me.”

“Give me strength.” Oscura said, under her breath.

Lucia walked to Oscura who was took off her helmet which fell to the floor.

“Zephyr, why did you mentally destroy Oscura?” Lolestra asked her.

“I didn’t try to. I only tried to make her stronger, I mean… she is an empress, after all.” Zephyr replied. “I heard that she has a foe that’s been mentally annihilated right to the core.”

“That’s easy for you to fucking say, Zephyr!” Oscura spat out, not trying to remedy the situation, whatsoever.

“Yes that’s right.” Lolestra replied to what was on Zephyr’s mind. “His name is DangerDean. Known as British Speedfreak.

“Danger? I faced him before, at the sky city of Celestia Borealis. He caused me to have this!” Zephyr spat out, pointing at her cybernetic left eye.

“That explains the lightning bolt-shaped scar on your left side of your face.” Lolestra said.

“That’s from when he punched me on the side of my head and I fell six feet into a stack of empty energy cells.” Zephyr said.

“That would also explain the eye patch.”

After about 3 seconds, Lolestra directed Zephyr to the main garage where her hypercar was waiting for her. But before this. Lucia told Oscura to head to the main control room, where… she would activate the button, which will cause the sky to turn blood red, Which would create a permanent red-glowing solar eclipse.

“OK, Oscura… you may press when ready,”

Oscura pressed the button and within seconds a red beam was fired creating a cloud so big, it covered the entire planet.

The first to see this was Aria, who suddenly looked at the window.

“Oh my goddesses!” Aria said and got out her phone and immediately called Danger.

I84B, 20 miles from the Stratosphere Resort, Thursday 10th July 2021, 19:48

Danger was relaxing in his Mithrilfire when he noticed that the cloud was gone, reveal a cloudless blood red sky.

“Danger, can you hear me?” Aria’s voice came from Danger’s radio.

“Yes, and I see the red sky!” Danger replied.

“Oh, you already know.” Aria said. “OK, be warned that something may happen in the future.”

“We’ll be ready for what may throw at us.” Danger said.

Danger put down his radio and thought about what Hatsune said to Aria. ‘There will be… no hope under the crimson sun.’