• Published 19th Nov 2020
  • 924 Views, 240 Comments

Detective Nyx: Origins - Switch Swap



Nyx begins her detective adventures one morning

  • ...
9
 240
 924

New lead

Nyx woke up the next morning and decided to review her evidence before continuing her investigation. She pulled out her notebook and all of her evidence and placed it in front of her.

"Hmm, whoever kidnapped mom used chloroform from Sleepy Head's store. She also had 4 cans of mane dye, 2 of which she used to disguise herself as Rainbow dash. while the other 2 cans were most likely used on her mane and tail after purchasing the chloroform. Whoever this was probably bought the mane dye from the mane shop."

Nyx packed up all her evidence and left the castle to go to the mane shop. As she was walking, she noticed a cloak lying on the street next to a toppled trash bin. Nyx walked over to the cloak and lifted it with her magic. "Hmm, maybe this belonged to the kidnapper. I should hold on to it." She said to herself, carrying the cloak on her back

Nyx approached the mane shop just as Rarity walked out, carrying a bottle of shampoo.

"Oh, hello Nyx. What are you doing here?"

"I'm investigating my mother's kidnapping. This is where I needed to go next."

"Twilight was kidnapped?!" Exclaimed Rarity, fainting.

"Heh, classic Rarity." Said Nyx. "Well, time to resume my investigation."

Nyx walked into the mane shop and up to the counter.

"Excuse me." Said Nyx, taking out her notebook. "I'm investigating my mother's kidnapping, and I need to ask you a few questions."

"Sure, I'll answer them." Replied the mare

Nyx levitated the cloak off her back, "Was there anypony here two days ago wearing this?"

The mare took the cloak and studied it. "Yes, there was one pony wearing this."

"Were you able to tell who it was?"

"No, unfortunately. The cloak made it too hard to see what the pony looked like."

"What did the pony buy while she was here?"

"She bought 4 cans of mane dye. I remember her sounding like she desperately needed them for something."

"What were the colors of each can that the pony bought?"

"One was light blue, a second was rainbow, a third was dark green, and the fourth was dark blue."

"Did the pony say their name at all while purchasing?"

"No, unfortunately. Is that all?"

"One more question. Was the pony a earth pony, unicorn or pegasus?"

"The pony was a unicorn for sure. She teleported out of my shop after purchasing the mane dye."

"Thank you for the information." Replied Nyx

"Although, I did remember her coat being a very light blue, just a little darker than Rainbow dash's coat."

Nyx wrote this down in her notebook before putting it away. "Thanks for that extra information, Miss." She said, leaving the mane shop.

"So, a light blue unicorn. I wonder who it could be." Said Nyx to herself

Nyx suddenly heard her friends' voices

"Hey, Nyx."

"Hi, Diamond. What's up?"

"Not much. Just on my way to The Hayburger. What about you?"

"I'm busy investigating my mother's kidnapping."

"Wait, Twilight was kidnapped. By who?"

"I don't know yet. But I'll hopefully know soon." Nyx then heard her stomach grumble, "Though I should probably get something to eat. Mind if I join you?"

"Not at all. Silver's busy today, and I have no idea what the bla-, I mean, CMCs are doing."

"Still having a little trouble not calling them what you used to call them?" Nyx said with a smirk

"Yes, I've been doing it for so long." Replied Diamond, before her stomach started grumbling too. "We should probably head to The Hayburger now."

"Good idea." Replied Nyx

It didn't take the pair long before they got to Hayburger, just about 5 minutes.

"Hey, Nyx and Diamond. I bet that you're both here for brunch." Said Pinkie, "Come on, I'll pay for you too."

"Thanks Pinkie. I'm just taking a break from investigating my mother's kidnapping."

"Ok." Said Pinkie. Then it hit her, "WHAT?! TWILIGHT WAS KIDNAPPED!?"

"Pinkie, calm down. I'm still investigating and I will find her." Replied Nyx

"Right, sorry." Said Pinkie, "So, what do you two want?"

"We'll have two filly's meals."

"Okay." Said Pinkie

Pinkie ordered the food, and the three of them talked while eating their brunch.

"So Pinkie, how's business at Sugarcube corner."

"It's been great. Business is booming this time of year."

"That's good. How many ponies buy treats everyday."

"Dozens. One of the ponies that bought a pack of cupcakes was a little strange. She was wearing a cloak over her body."

Nyx's eyes grew wide as she spit out some of her apple juice that came with her meal. She immediately wiped her mouth afterwards.

"Pinkie, did you just say that one of the ponies was wearing a cloak?"

"Yeah, I was. Why?"

"It wouldn't happen to be this cloak, would it?" Asked Nyx, showing Pinkie the cloak that she found earlier

Pinkie looked at the cloak for a couple seconds, then said, "Yeah, this is the cloak. Why is this important?"

"Pinkie, were you able to see who the pony was?"

"No, not really. I did a bit of what the pony was saying though."

Nyx pulled out her notebook, "What did you manage to hear the pony say?"

"I heard her say something about revenge on somepony for humiliating her, something about spray painting her mane and tail, and something about chloroform."

"Anything else?"

"Now that you mention it, the pony also said something about some kind of magic show. I don't know."

Nyx finished writing all the information down and put her notebook away. "Pinkie, you just gave me what I need to solve this case."

"No, problem Nyx." Replied Pinkie, "Mind telling us your theory on who you think it is based on the evidence you've collected?"

"Sure." Replied Nyx. "It started yesterday morning. I found a cloth with chloroform, a few of my mother's feathers, and green fur, all with a chloroform scent, in her bedroom. Then I found a bottle of chloroform, made by a new business-pony named Sleepy Head. I rushed over to his shop and asked him about the bottle. He told me that one of the ponies that bought chloroform the day before had a light blue coat and a rainbow mane and tail, along with mane dye. That led me to suspect Rainbow dash, until I proved her innocence. Then I asked Sleepy Head how many bottles of mane dye the pony had and what colors each one was. He told me the colors, which were blue, rainbow, green, and brown."

"Today, I found the cloak in a trash bin outside while I was heading towards the mane shop. When I got to the mane shop, I asked the pony working there about the mane dye and the cloak. She told me that a pony with a cloak had purchased the mane dye, and that the pony had a light-blue coat and was a unicorn. But it was your knowledge that helped me figure out who the kidnapper is."

"Who is it?" Asked Diamond tiara.

"Light-blue unicorn mare who runs a magic show and has a grudge on Twilight for humiliating her. I propose that the kidnapper of my mother is none other than Trixie Lulamoon."

Author's Note:

I don't ever want to write a story with pre "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" Diamond tiara and Silver spoon