• Published 19th Nov 2020
  • 917 Views, 240 Comments

Detective Nyx: Origins - Switch Swap



Nyx begins her detective adventures one morning

  • ...
9
 240
 917

Twilight is found

The night of the kidnapping
Trixie quietly walked through the halls of Twilight's castle, disguised as a unicorn with a dark green coat and a brown mane and tail.

She approached Twilight's room, where the Princess of friendship was sleeping hard. Trixie levitated the cloth that was sprayed with chloroform, after plugging her nose to avoid breathing it in.

Trixie tip-hoofed over to Twilight's bed, levitated the cloth over her muzzle, and dropped it.

Twilight's eyes shot wide open, but she had already breathed in the chloroform. 2 seconds later, she was out again.

Trixie then levitated the cloth and threw it towards the trash bin with her magic, but partially missing, before levitating the sleeping Princess and quietly trotting out of the castle. She accidentally rubbed up against the door a little too hard, causing a few of the fur from her dyed coat to come off and fall to the ground. She also hadn't noticed that a couple of Twilight's feathers had been left behind.

But Trixie did it, and she returned to her hideout in an old building, which had been unused for 12 years.


Present
Nyx went through Ponyville, now knowing who the kidnapper is. She heard several hoofsteps behind her, so she turned around and saw Pinkie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rainbow standing there.

"Nyx, Pinkie told us about Trixie. We came to help you catch her." Said Applejack

"Thanks everypony. Have any of you seen where she went when she first came into Ponyville?"

"Um, I did see a cloaked pony heading towards the abandoned building." Said Fluttershy

"Was this the cloak that she was wearing?" Asked Nyx, levitating the cloak.

"Yes, that's the one." Replied Fluttershy.

"Do you know where the abandoned building is?"

"I do." Said Rainbow, "I've flown over it several times. Follow me."

The ponies followed Rainbow dash towards where the abandoned building was. It took them about 5 minutes to get there, for it was on the farthest part of the edge of Ponyville.

“This is it.” Said Rainbow, pointing at the boarded up building in front of them.

“I’m coming to get you, mom.” Said Nyx, running towards the door

“Woah, woah. Nyx, it’s most likely dangerous for somepony your age to go in a building like that alone.” Said Rarity, “Let us handle it.”

“Fine, but I’m still coming in with you. I started this investigation, and I’m going to finish it.”

The ponies ran towards the door and Applejack bucked it off it’s hinges.

“The door was unlocked, you know.” Said Trixie, walking towards them.

“Give back my mother, Trixie. I know that you have her.”

“How did you manage to figure it out. Did some fancy detective help you?” Asked Trixie.

“No, I didn’t need help. I figured it out on my own.”

Trixie’s eyes grew wide, “Y-you’re kidding, right?”

“No, I’m completely serious.”

“B-but how. You’re just a filly.”

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe it’s because I read an entire 350 page book explaining everything you need to know about being a detective.” Replied Nyx, smugly. “Now give back Twilight. I know that you kidnapped her.”

“You’re right, I did kidnap her.” Said Trixie. Nyx immediately noticed that the way Trixie said it, was not the way that a criminal would confess. It was the way that someone who is emotionally troubled would. “But I promise you that she’s healthy and unharmed.”

“Why did you kidnap her?” Asked Nyx, no longer feeling anger towards Trixie

“I-I kidnapped her because I needed help with something.” Replied Trixie.

Then Twilight entered the room, “Hey, Trixie. Who are you t-t-talking to?” Asked Twilight, noticing her friends and Nyx

“Mom!” Exclaimed Nyx, running towards Twilight, tears in her eyes.

“Oh, sweetheart. It’s okay, I’m safe. Trixie has been very kind.” Replied Twilight, hugging Nyx

Nyx and Twilight separated, but stayed next to each other.

“Hey, Nyx. You got your cutie mark.” Exclaimed Pinkie

Nyx looked at her flank and saw a cutie mark of a magnifying glass.

“Oh, Nyx. I’m so proud of you.” Said Twilight

“Thanks, mom. But we’re not done with this case yet.” Replied Nyx. “So, why did you kidnap Twilight, Trixie?”

“I kidnapped her because-because I found a injured, sick foal on the side of the road.”

“WHAT!?”Exclaimed the 5 ponies.

“Why didn’t you just take her to the hospital?”

“I did, but they all refused. They all thought that I was lying because of how evil I was in the past. So I only knew one other pony that knew how to take care of injured, sick foals.”

“But why didn’t you just ask her for help?”

“Do you think that she would have said yes?”

“Probably not.”

“Exactly, and I only had a small amount of time before the foal died.”

“Well, where’s the foal? I want to help as well.” Said Nyx.

“R-really?” Asked Trixie, surprised.

“Yes, really. I want to help.”

“T-thank you.”

“I wish that we could help as well, but we have to get back to our own work.” Said Applejack, talking for the other 4 as well, “We’ll tell Spike where you are.”

“Thanks everypony.” Said Nyx and Twilight together.

Twilight and Nyx followed Trixie towards the room that the foal was in.

“So, Trixie. What made you rescue this foal?” Asked Nyx

“Well, during my travels, everywhere I went, I saw families. Every single one of them seemed happy and joyful. It made me realize how alone I was, and it began affecting the quality of my magic shows. Eventually, I couldn’t handle the pain anymore. So I started checking the orphanages whenever there was one, but no luck.”

Nyx began feeling more and more sorry for Trixie.

“And I was on my way back to Ponyville when I saw the foal. I quickly ran over and picked her up with my magic before even thinking about what I was doing. I rushed towards the Ponyville hospital, and you know the rest of the story.”

“So that’s the full story.” Said Nyx. “You kidnapped Twilight, not because of a grudge, but because of a injured, sick foal.”

“Yeah, I’m truly sorry that I had to kidnap her. But it was either that, or an innocent foal dies.” Said Trixie, sighing. “Twilight, I’ll accept any punishment that you want for me.”

“I already know the perfect punishment for you, though I don’t think that you’ll think of it as a punishment.”

“What is it?” Asked Trixie

“Trixie. For kidnapping me, your punishment will be to raise this foal as your own. Once we nurse her back to health, I’ll make sure that the Ponyville adoption center will let you in.”

Trixie began crying halfway through hearing what her punishment was going to be. “T-thank you, Twilight.” She said, hugging Twilight. “I promise that the foal is in good hooves.”

“I never had, nor ever will have a doubt.” Replied Twilight


Over the next two days, Trixie, Twilight, and Nyx looked after the foal until she was at full health again. Trixie adopted her and named her Daydream Star. The two of them decided to stay at Twilight’s castle until Daydream was 8 years old.

Author's Note:

The end of Detective Nyx: Origins

Comments ( 74 )

10543126
What do you think about the name I came up with

I’ll be honest, this threw me for a loop.

Add an Exclamation point here to give it more feeling

“Mom!.” Exclaimed Nyx, running towards Twilight, tears in her eyes.

What a great wholesome story the ending was sweet and Trixie was very bold for doing something like kidnapping (even if it was for a good cause)

10543151
The part where trixie was the one that kidnapped her.

10543128
Its cute who knows maby she assists nyx

10543128
Its cute who knows maby she assists nyx

10543224
Possibly in the future

“You’re right, I did kidnap her.” Said Trixie. Nyx immediately noticed that the way Trixie said it, was not the way that a criminal would confess. It was the way that someone who is emotionally troubled would. “But I promise you that she’s healthy and unharmed.”

Trixie hon, EVERYONE KNOWS RULE ONE OF BEING A VILLAIN: NEVER REVEAL YOUR PLANS. AND TWO: Always have a pot of acid near by.

Nyx looked at her flank and saw a cutie mark of a magnifying glass.

Alright Larson, come out now.

“So that’s the full story.” Said Nyx. “You kidnapped Twilight, not because of a grudge, but because of a injured, sick foal.”

Well. That was unexpected.

Overall, this is the best first detective story I've ever read!!!! Make it!!!! Make the next one!!!! Make the next one now!!!!!!!

10543236
Calm down, Nosey
I’m working on the next one now

Quite a good chapter/ending and Trixie's reason's very unexpected and sweet. Good job, mate!

10543256
Thx
I’m working on the next story right now

10543257
Well, I hope it turns out as good as this one did.

10543258
I’m sure that it will

10543237
Oh thank God. I thought I was going to get a heart attack.

Great ending to Great story

10543648
Thanks
You should check out the next one
Detective Nyx: The Ancient Temple

Well, I was off the mark at first. :rainbowlaugh: But yeah, it became obvious after the revelation of the color of the fur.

10543657
You'll like the rest
It really sets the mood for a good mystery

Dang, this chapter had my mouth hanging open for most of it. You're great at writing unexpected plot twists!

10543850
What do you think of the name, Daydream Star?
I came up with it myself

10543857
I like it! It's really pretty.

Is Daydream your first OC?

10543860
No, I’ve had many others
Remember Violet?
She wasn’t my first OC either

10543862
I do remember Violet, in fact, I remembered her right after I posted that comment :rainbowlaugh: Silly me

Same thing happened to Twilight and Nyx!

...we all gotta start somewhere.

10546796
What do you like most about it so far?

Okay I did not see that coming so Trixie kidnap Twilight but not for Revenge but asking for help and given Trixie a reputation she has after her stunt she pulled back in season 1 and 3 nobody believes her so she had to take care of her on her own but she couldn't so she had to ask for Twilight's help by kidnapping which that's sort of weird way to ask for help but hey at least nyx found twilight and they save a kid life even though the hospital should have know what's going on I called that terrible service on their part but anyway this was a pretty good story nice job

10547245
Thanks
Do you like Daydream Star?

10547247
Yeah but I don't know who she is I know she's a kid and she almost die but is she going to be in more stories or something like that so we get to know who she is

10547249
She’ll be in at least one more future story as a temporary partner to Nyx

10547254
It’ll probably be the 5th or 6th story in the series

Yay I’m a huge fan of Nyx and I’m so glad people write new stories! :pinkiehappy:

10547821
Nice
Do you like the mystery so far?

10547823
Sure. Can’t wait to know what happened!

10547829
Then keep on reading

10548658
Do you like Daydream Star?

Trixie's a mother. Didn't see that coming. Pretty name. Now on to book 2.

And 2 cutie marks for Nyx. Wow. How many more for her?

10552248
Huh? I only made one

Login or register to comment