• Published 16th Sep 2020
  • 190 Views, 2 Comments

A (W)Hooves Story - Bizmarck_au



An origin story of how Dr. (W)Hooves and Derpy got together... and how Derpy got to be kick ass, when in a pinch ^^.

  • ...
 2
 190

4

Carrot Top was standing at the entrance of Derpy’s home. The grey filly with the golden eyes stood in front of her, looking amazing in an elegant blue dress and with her hair made perfectly.

“You look amazing Derpy,” Carrot Top complemented her friend.

“Thanks for coming over” replied Derpy with a grin, “I’m not used to getting all dressed up like this… I was always too scared of doing something… well, Derpy.”

Derpy blushed a little, turning her head slightly away.
Carrot Top gave her friend a hug.

“You have changed a lot, it is true,” said the orange headed filly. “But the Derpy that is you is still there. Just with less accidents.”

The two ponies shared a large grin.

“Thanks,” said Derpy.

Sparkler and Dinky trotted up from behind, both with saddlebags.

“Everything’s set up,” said Dinky chirpily.

Sparkler used her unicorn magic to pull out a list, which Derpy caught in her hoof.

“Here is the recipe, don’t forget to turn down the heat in ten minutes for the vegetables.”

Derpy smiled confidently.

“Thanks for all of your help everyone,” Derpy said. “I know it was short notice.”

“Of course,” said Sparkler. “I would remind you not to let your dinner burn but you haven’t done that in over a year.”

“But it’s the Doctor coming over tonight,” interrupted Carrot Top with a suggestive smile. “So maybe she is a bit more… distracted.”

“Don’t burn your dinner!” said the little unicorn Dinky seriously.

All four laughed.

Sparkler and Dinky gave Derpy a quick hug.

“Have fun tonight,” said Sparkler as the three trotted off.

Derpy waved them off and then closed the door.

As they got to the road the three filly’s met Dr. Whooves coming the other way.

“Hello, my dear’s,” greeted the Dr. “going out for the evening?”

“You could say that?” said Sparkler with a suggestive smile.

“Have fun,” said Carrot Top also with a ‘tone’.

The three filly’s giggled as they went on their way. Dr Whooves was left standing with a dumbfounded expression.

Shaking his head clear he walked to the door, knocking softly.

A few moments later Derpy answered, smiling sweetly.

The Dr. froze, a blush forming on his face.

“Wow,” he said as a reflex. Derpy smiled at the reaction, blushing slightly herself.

Dr Whooves had to shake his head clear.

“That is becoming a bit of a habit it seems,” he said to himself, before turning back to Derpy. “Now there was no need to get all dressed up just for little-old-me.”

Derpy smiled, breathing in for a moment to keep her mind focused.

“Come in Doc.” she said, “I have to see to the food.”

“Thank you” said the Doctor.

He trotted in and put up his scarf on a hook.

“You look great by the way,” he called out to the kitchen. “I neglected to mention that.”

Derpy smiled as she worked the stove.

“Can you give me a hand Doc!” she called back.

The doctor entered the kitchen. He could see that Derpy had put on an apron to keep her dress clean.

“Can you help chop those?” Derpy asked, pointing a hoof towards some vegetables on a chopping block. She worked the stove to ensure that everything cooked as instructed.

The Dr. got straight to work.

“Wow,” said Dr. Whooves, taking in the complexity of the meal. “Such a complex meal. I am the one who is meant to be doing you a favor!”

“Oh… you are,” said Derpy.

She continued. “The meal… me dressing up tonight… I wanted to prove to myself that I can do it” said Derpy, “when it counts.”

She blushed slightly.

“But you have proven it a hundred times over, over the last year,” said Dr. Whooves kindly.

Derpy took the prepared vegetables and added them to a pot.

“But this is different… just humor me doc.”

The brown stallion looked impressed.

“Sure thing Ms. Hooves,” he said kindly. “I look forward to the evening you have planned.”

It was an hour later and both ponies were leaning back in their chairs with a large tummy. Despite still looking pristine Derpy was not bothering to look elegant. The room was elaborately decorated with candles and looked amazing.

“That was amazing,” Derpy said happily. “I need to do that more often!”

The grey filly had to suppress a burp, which she barely managed by holding a hoof to her mouth.

“A most commendable meal my dear, you hit it for six(*),” complemented the Dr. happily. (*) (A cricket term -meaning you knocked it out of the park)

“For six?” questioned Derpy, but she shrugged it off. “For 12!”

The two ponies laughed.

“I think we will have to get some exercise to help this meal settle.”

“Way ahead of you Doc,” said Derpy, getting off of her seat and moving over to a gramophone.

Some rhythmic music quickly started playing, it had a beat very similar to the dance routine Derpy had practiced with the Doctor a few months ago.

Derpy turned around and gave the Doctor a suggestive look, her eyes focusing.

The Doctor blushed as a reflex, but then got up with confidence.

“As you wish, the night is yours,” he said happily.

The two took each other’s hooves and began to move together to the beat.

Still well versed in the routine, the two were on autopilot and could enjoy the music. After dancing more energetically for a few songs together the rhythm then slowed… not letting go, the two continues on.

“Not knowing exactly what you still have planned for the night,” the Doctor said encouragingly “I would have to say that the night was a complete success.”

Derpy smiled.

“I think you have proven to yourself that you can do whatever you want Derpy,” he continued. “I am glad that you are my assistant, and I hope that you are happy with what you have accomplished.”

The Doctor was using his normal tone.

Derpy smiled shyly. Calmly she turned to look back at the Dr., her expression softening.

“There is one more thing I want to accomplish tonight,” she said, her tone and expression hitting home.

Dr. Whooves face reddened, having been happily naive and oblivious so far... not even he could misread her intent now.
“Derpy…” he said, unsettled, but not letting go of the golden eyed filly, “I am not sure that it would be such a good idea… I mean, you know what I am like...”

“I do” she replied.

“The experiments, my work, the trips away, are you sure that you want to be a part of such chaos?”

“I already am, silly” she replied, putting her hoofs over his shoulders, he automatically put his hooves around her waist to counterbalance.

“But you know what my life can be like… even I have to admit that it can be a bit… well, odd, at times,” he said, still unsure.
“I know,” she replied. The two moved slowly back and forth, talking, but still moving to the rhythm.

“Listen doc,” she said. “I know your quirks, and I think they are sweet… I know we make a great team and I think that we could be even more, if you’ll have me.”

Derpy’s eyes, which had been focused the whole time began to wander at this point making her look even more adorable with her calm expression.

Derpy continued, “if you can accept me for who I am, I would be happy to accept you for who you are.”

Doctor Whooves looked into her eyes. His doubts seemed to melt away and his expression softened. The two ponies slowly moved closer, there eyes closing as they tilted their heads ever so slightly to…

Derpy caught her hoof on the edge of a sofa and lost her balance. Falling backwards onto the sofa, she pulled the Dr. down with her until they both ended up in a tumbled mess.

The two ponies blinked at each other.

“Good to see somethings don’t change,” he said with a chuckle after getting over the initial shock.

“Good to see that something’s do,” replied Derpy and kissed the Dr. The kiss was rushed and their noses scrunching up. The both reddened.

Derpy pulled back. With an audible, “smack.” the two parted lips, Derpy smiling up at the shocked expression of the doctor.

Dr. Whooves grinned back, embarrassed. Both blushed furiously. After having a second to catch his bearings, the brown stallion’s expression softened into a smile and he leant forward to give the grey filly a more tender kiss.

Parting again after a moment the two gazed into each other’s eyes.

“Sorry doc… I just got’to!” said Derpy in her normal chirpy tone. Breaking the spell of the moment, she gave the Dr. a massive bear-hug. The doctor was surprised by her strength and was out of air for a moment before Derpy let go, allowing him to gain his breath again. Looking at each other, the two laughed in each other’s arms.

There was a sudden beeping from the kitchen. Derpy wriggled her way out of their interlocking arms and got up, the doctor sitting up as well.

“Desert is ready,” announced Derpy happily, straightening out her ruffled dress. “We don’t want them to burn, do we?”

“Oh?” said the Dr. fixing his ruffled-up main. ”And what is for desert?”

Derpy looked back and gave her best Derpy style grin.

“Why muffins of course!” she said happily, trotting into the kitchen.

Dr Whooves got off of the sofa, he chuckled to himself as he walked after her into the kitchen.

“What adventure have I gotten myself into this time” he said to himself with a smile.


The End.


There you go, I hope that was entertaining and a 'plausible' way for these two ponies to get together and form a larger family unit. This is why I left the doctors name as Whooves, perhaps he can change it later once they move in together ^^ I also like the idea of Derpy being less accident prone but still a bit silly, fun loving and easy going, but able to @#$@#%* if needed! All the best, leave a like or a comment if you enjoyed it.
Biz

Comments ( 2 )

I quite enjoyed it! A bit short (by MY standards, no complaints!), but really fun!
I do love Derpy. She's so endearing, and seeing her improve herself is heckin' adorable.

Thanks ^^ glad you enjoyed it.

Login or register to comment