• Published 8th Sep 2020
  • 678 Views, 19 Comments

Apex Legends: Season E - MegaCartmanX



After finding the rest of the Broken Ghost, Loba, Wattson and Caustic work to find Revenant's source code. However, due to an error in the algorithm, when Wraith opens the portal, all of the legends are sent somewhere far from the Outlands.

  • ...
3
 19
 678

Chapter 2: Legends Meet The Ponies

“Wattson!!!” Revenant exclaimed, flicking an evil glare at the electrical engineer. The enraged simulacrum lunged at Wattson and grabbed a hold of her by her neck. The young scientist muttered out unintelligible words as she was choked.

“Revenant, enough ah dis. Ain'tcha know when ta take a chill pill?” Lifeline shouted, grabbing Revenant by the wrist and struggling to pull his hand away from Wattson’s throat. However, the simulacrum proved to be persistent, tugging against the combat medic.

“Get your hands off me skinsuit, unless you want to become the next victim.” Revenant said, threatening Lifeline within an inch of her life.

“Revenant…” Caustic stepped up to the simulacrum and stopped within an inch of him. “you better let go of Ms. Paquette, or else I will be forced to deal with you myself.”

“I am with Doc, Revenant.” Gibraltar took Caustic’s side, coming at Revenant from behind. “Let go of the girl and this can all end peacefully. Besides, you kill her, you prevent us from ever having a chance of going back.”

Revenant paused for a moment, figuring out the best way to go about the situation. On one hand, he could totally rip the young girl apart… but Gibraltar did have a point. If he killed Wattson, there was no guarantee that they would be able to go back without her knowledge. He reluctantly pulled his hand away from the electrical engineer, freeing Wattson from his synthetic grasp. Wattson fell to the ground, gently placing her hands around her throat as she gasped for some much needed air. She looked up at Revenant, who was staring down at her.

“You had better get us back, or else you will not be so lucky.” Gibraltar and Caustic glared at the simulacrum, angered by his malevolent threats. Mirage and Lifeline ran to Wattson's side and helped her to her feet. The combat medic asked Wattson if she needed any medical attention, to which she declined. While the other legends stared towards him, Revenant stormed off into the nearby forest, walking away from the others in order to give himself enough distance from them before he did something that the others wouldn't tolerate.

Twilight Sparkle looked over at Wraith and gestured to the interdimensional traveler, silently asking her if she should send one of the others to go and locate the simulacrum before he ran too far. Wraith shook her head and sighed, slapping her face with her palm.

“Forgive me… this was not at all planned.” Wraith said reluctantly, looking at the alicorn princess with a face that said “I’m sorry.”

“It is totally fine, Wraith. I am just glad that none of you are hurt. Interdimensional travel doesn’t always work out well. At least… not with my experiences.” said Twilight. While the other legends all discussed the situation with each other, Wraith decided to converse with the ponies and perhaps get to know them a bit better.

“Forgive me for asking, but who the heck are you?” Wraith inquired, looking over at each of the oddly colored ponies. "You see, from where we are from, we don't exactly have colorful ponies such as yourselves."

“Oh, of course.” Twilight placed her hoof against her chest and cleared her throat. “I do believe that some proper introductions are in order. I am Princess Twilight Sparkle, ruler of Equestria and the proud leader of the Council of Friendship. I represent the element of magic!”

“Magic, huh? Interesting.” said Wraith. “What do you mean by magic? Is it some kind of special tool that you have created that can manipulate space and time?”

“Ahahaha… you’re funny, Wraith.” Twilight giggled, lifting her hoof up to her mouth. Wraith gave the alicorn princess a deadpan expression, making it very clear that she was serious. Twilight caught note shortly after and smiled nervously. “Uh… no. We alicorns, along with unicorns, are born with this horn.” Twilight pointed to the lavender appendage a top her head. “This is the special part of our body that can allow us to control magic.”

“Wow, really!?” Wattson ran over to join in on their conversation. Being a developing scientist, Wattson just had to learn more about these miraculous creatures. She turned her attention towards Rainbow Dash, who was staring over at Lifeline and Gibraltar. Rainbow Dash locked eyes with the electrical engineer and smiled. “What about you, little pony? What kind of magic do you have?”

“Magic? We pegasi don’t have magic, you klutz.” said Rainbow Dash, bucking her head back and laughing aloud. Wattson crossed her arms and pursed her lip, shocked by the pegasus pony's reaction.

“She means special powers, dearie.” Rarity said, shaming the pegasus mare for rudely demeaning the inquisitive human.

“Oh, right.” Rainbow Dash rubbed the back of her head with her hoof, embarrassed with how she acted. “Well, we can fly with our wings, and we can also walk on clouds, which we use to control the weather.”

“You can push clouds around and change the weather on command?” Wattson shouted with extreme interest. “That is so cool! Je dois en savoir plus!”

“And here I thought humans were the superior species.” Wraith said, placing her hands against her hips and leaning on her right foot. “What about you there, orange pony.” Wraith pointed over to Applejack. The farm pony looked over in surprise, holding a hoof up to her chest. “Yes, you. Does your kind have any special powers?”

“Well, not necessarily. Ah mean, not like unicorns or pegasi.” Applejack explained. “But we do have a very particular talent fer farmin’. We earth ponies are the best at it, so perhaps we might have some farmin’ magic within us all.” Wraith gazed off in shock, feeling powerless compared to these supernatural creatures.

“Wow, I am just so blown away!!!” Wattson exclaimed, jumping around in excitement. “You must show me your ways!”

“Wattson, calm down.” Wraith said subtly. “These creatures do not owe us anything. They are simply here to help us, nothing more.”

“It’s quite alright, Wraith.” Fluttershy said, gingerly walking up to the interdimensional traveler. “That is, if you are ok with me calling you that. Forgive me, I-I-I just heard Twilight call you that and all.”

“Yes, you are fine to call me that.” Wraith smiled to the cream colored pegasus, letting her know that she meant no harm to them. Fluttershy smiled back at her, happy to know that at least she and Wattson were easy to get along with.

“Awe, such a timid, scaredy pony.” Wattson skipped over to Fluttershy and knelt down beside her. “Don’t you worry, we won’t hurt you.”

“I k-k-know that you won’t hurt us. I just… oh, please lower your hand. Please, don’t touch… me… oh sweet Celestia…” Fluttershy stumbled over her words as she felt the young scientist scratch underneath her soft, fluffy ears. The pegasus mare leaned her head in and nuzzled into Watton’s neck, moaning in shear delight. Wattson knew that Fluttershy was enjoying the treatment she was receiving and continued her work, using her nails to get deeper into her fur. “Oh d-d-don’t stop, that feels so g-g-good.”

“Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Fluttershy like that around others ever since I knew her.” said Rainbow Dash.

“Eh, there’s a first for everythin’ ah suppose.” Applejack replied, shaking her head and giggling as she watched the timid pegasus kick her hind hoof against the floor several times.

"These specimens are indeed miraculous. I am intrigued by their incalculable potential." Caustic said, moving over to Wattson's side. "Perhaps a couple experiments would be in order. For the sake of research, of course."

"Dr. Caustic." Wattson snapped, flicking a mean glance towards the fellow scientist. "These creatures are not test subjects, they are very kind and caring ponies, and as such we must respect them."

“Forgive me, your highness. If you couldn’t tell already, we aren’t exactly accustomed to your ways of life.” said Wraith.

“That’s totally fine, and of course to be expected.” Twilight replied with a friendly smile. “From what I can gather, you can just simply turn around and go back, right?”

“That’s the plan.” Wraith said, looking over Wattson. She called for the young scientist, but Wattson was having too much fun getting close with her new friends. “Wattson!” The young scientist perked up and immediately stopped everything. Fluttershy whined once Wattson stopped scratching her ears, but she immediately regained control of herself soon after, hiding her face behind her long, pink mane as an intense blush swept over her cheeks. She was embarrassed to say the least.

“Ha! Looks like you really enjoyed that, Fluttershy.” Rainbow Dash said, laughing at the cream colored pegasus.

“Shut up!” replied Fluttershy.

“What is it, Wraith?” Wattson asked.

“Are we able to go home? You do have the coordinates to return us safely, correct?” Wraith inquired.

“Oh, of course! Why didn’t I think of this sooner?” Wattson said, striking her forehead with her palm, feeling stupid for being so arrogant. “Yes, we can just go back and start from scratch!”

“Well, we should get going. The longer we wait around here the more likely that the Syndicate will catch on to us.” Wraith stated.

“You are right, Wraith. We need to get moving.” Wattson looked down and at the teleportation machine located along her left arm and set a course back to base. “I am very sorry that we couldn’t stay and chat, but we really must be going.”

“Oh… okay then.” said Twilight. “Well then, I guess good luck and safe travels.”

“Thanks so much, Twilight. I will be sure to remember you all.” Wraith said, approaching Wattson and waiting for the portal to open. She stood there for some time as Wattson did what she did best. A moment passed… then another… then another. Wraith looked down at Wraith, only to find the young scientist petrified by fear.

“No, no, no… this isn’t possible!!!” Wattson exclaimed, flicking through all the coding. “Crypto, please come and take a look at this! Perhaps you can find out what is goin on!”

“But I thought you don’t want my help.” said Crypto. Wattson glared angrily at the hacker, beckoning for him to come help her that instant. Crypto reluctantly moved over to Wattson, getting a look at the code and searching for any errors.

“What’s up with them?” Rainbow Dash inquired.

“There were some bad things that took place between them and Caustic, the psycho doctor over there next to Gibraltar. Needless to say, they aren’t exactly best friends right now.” said Wraith. "There are… a lot of heated rivalries right now."

“That’s awful.” Twilight commented. “What did they do to ruin such a friendship?”

“I’m not gonna tell you. Not because I don’t trust you, but because I don’t think that it’s my right to tell others.” Wraith explained. "I think it's best to keep my mouth shut and just let things play out naturally. Twilight nodded in understanding, knowing exactly what she was talking about. “Wattson, any luck getting the portal open?”

“Well… no. And I don’t think we will ever be able to do it.” Wattson admitted, laughing nervously.

“What!?” Wraith knelt down beside Wattson, demanding an answer. Wattson had no words for her, so Wraith shifted her attention to Crypto, though even he wasn't looking any more hopeful.

“The amount of energy that we drained from the power generator destroyed the energy crystal from the inside.” Crypto explained. “We must have been sent so far through space that it just couldn’t keep up with everything.” Wraith cursed under her breath.

“Could be worse…” Wattson said, trying to cheer up her distressed friends.

“And how is that, Wattson?” Wraith inquired sarcastically.

“We could be dead.” Wraith simply stared down at Wattson with a deadpan expression, finding it troublesome to believe that there was possibly no way back to their world. Wattson and Crypto weren’t exactly in any better state of mind. They knew that they were all in trouble, but just how much trouble they got themselves into was beyond their comprehension.

“Everything ok, Wraith?” Twilight inquired, looking over the human’s shoulder.

“It, uh, it appears we are… stuck here.” Wraith stated, hanging her head in defeat.

“What? But why?” Rarity asked.

“It would appear that our energy crystal has broken, which means that we don’t have anything to power the transporter. And even if we got a new one, there is a chance that it could break again, and if that happens while we are in the middle of phasing… there are an infinite number of possibilities for what could take place.”

“That’s so unfortunate!” Fluttershy said, her eyes getting beady as she felt sympathy for the humans.

"Wait, we can't go back!?" Mirage shouted, pacing around. "This can't be, I can't leave my adoring fans. I mean, who's gonna be there for me?"

"Uh, me! Obviously." Mirage's decoy spawned beside the real one and smirked at his physical counterpart. "I'm always here for you."

"Awe, thanks other me." Mirage said, giving his decoy a high five. But then the fear came back to him. "But… then who would be there for you?" The decoy went pale.

"Oh no, you're right! We alone will not be enough for each other! We have to go back to our fans… or else. Oh no!"

"Ugh, this boy. All about himself." Lifeline said in a snarky tone.

The others all looked at each other, distraught and drained of all hope. The thought of never seeing their homes again pained each and every one of them. If there was truly no way to go back, then how were they gonna make it here in this new world? The legends all stood by themselves, taking in all this information and knowing that this may very well be their last days alive.

All but one legend.

“Oh, come on, bruddahs!” Gibraltar stood up tall and proud, beckoning for the others to join him. “You guys can’t just give up now! We just got here and yet you are all acting as if we are lining up on Death Row? Shame on you!”

“What are you getting at, Gibraltar?” Caustic inquired, feeling uneasy about Gibraltar’s awkward optimism.

“I’m saying that we aren’t out of this just yet. We are all still alive and still together. Not only that, but these ponies have all offered to help us! Who are we to deny them their offering and instead accept death? I think that we should search for a new energy crystal and create another machine that can help us all get back home safely.”

“But we have no way of knowing if this world even has energy crystals. We’d be going in blind.” Wattson stated.

“Do you have a better idea?” Bangalore inquired, siding with Gibralter. Wattson had nothing more to say, knowing that she was right. “We may not be able to know for sure, but what have we got to lose?”

“They’re right. We have to keep going.” Octane said. “I have never enjoyed the feeling of not moving, and I am most certainly not going to stop moving right now!”

“Well, if we are even gonna go through with this, then just how and where do you plan on searching for an energy crystal?” Wraith asked.

“Um, if it would help you at all-” Every legend in the area shifted their attention to Twilight. “-I could search around in the castle library. I am a nerd when it comes to anything and everything in books, so perhaps I could find answers there.”

“That could work.” said Crypto as he rubbed his chin. “But are you sure that there is something there that could help us find what we’re looking for?”

“Well no, not really.” Twilight admitted. “But it’s like you said… what’s left to lose?”

The legends all took a moment to discuss the situation. It was obvious that they had no choice, but some unsettling thoughts suddenly filled their minds. Could the ponies be trusted? Is Twilight truly who she says she is?

“Very well… we accept your help.” Wraith said, crossing her arms and shifting balance to her left heel. “We will do our part and focus all of our energy and effort to make a way back home. You will do your part and help us find something that can prove to be useful. Deal?” Wraith held her hand out.

“Deal.” Twilight lifted her hoof and placed it in Wraith’s hand, settling the deal. “Alrighty then, if you will just follow me back to the castle then we can get started with helping you get back home.”

"Heh, that's what I'm talkin' about!" Rampart said, happy to see things looking more hopeful than before.

"This will be very enlightening. I can't wait to study this world and its… potential." Caustic said with a grin behind his mask.

As Twilight and the rest of her friends led the way, the legends all followed closely behind. While most of them were thinking about how life in this new place would work out for them, Mirage was trying to figure out how to create a new fanbase of his own since he knew that he may never return to the Apex Games. Needless to say, there was a lot on everyone's mind.

Author's Note:

With no way to return home, the legends have agreed to work with the Mane 6 in order to find something that could help. Only problem is, how would these humans get used to life with ponies?

Chapter done and submitted! Thanks to all of you guys and gals for reading along!:twilightsmile:

I know some of you have ideas for certain LegendXPony friendships, so if you have any you'd like to see in the future than do give me your thoughts via comments or PM.

Peace,

-MCX

Comments ( 11 )

I vote 4 derpy cameo

Just realised season e means Equestria. Unless it doesnt. I dunno

Yo voto también por Derpy

Comment posted by Forastero deleted Jan 5th, 2021

Pienso ver en una amistad a Octane y Rainbow Dash, como ver quién es el más rápido 💚💙

10614732
Estoy de acuerdo con eso. Ambos son el tipo de personajes que dejan de lado la seguridad y ponen a prueba sus límites, por lo que es lógico que se emparejen en el futuro.

Im not gonna lie I kinda wanna see Mirage sad not just about the fans act he puts on but about his mother who now is all alone. But so far I really love the story keep it up!

10710897
Thanks. You make a good point. I'll see what I can do about that.

Login or register to comment