• Published 30th May 2020
  • 960 Views, 42 Comments

Hoodwinked: The Pony Edition - Lighttone GryphonStar



You know the story or Little Red Riding Hood, now see it like you never had before, with ponies.

  • ...
4
 42
 960

Babs' POV (4/5): Airship Wrecker

I screamed for my life as everything crumbled around me. While I was a mare trapped in the form of a filly even I couldn’t deny the fear going through me. Several things flew around me from the pedestal holding the crystal heart to the basket of cat food. I instinctively reached out for it.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got it.” Lil Cheese again appeared out of nowhere and grabbed each individual piece of cat food. The paper from the basket wrapped around my head at one point, blocking all sight. The only thing that told us we hadn’t landed or died yet was Lil Cheese’s cheerful voice as she floated through the air in zero gravity continuing to help me.

“Oh, look what I found!” Lil Cheese pulled off the paper and shoved it back over the cat food. The basket seemed much tighter for some reason. However, before I could question more she tied a parachute to my back. “Have fun lading!!” She laughed as she pulled the string.

I barely had seconds to grab the back as I floated upward and the crashing ship flowed downward. “No, Lil Cheese!!” I screamed in fear as the airship hit the ground.

“I’m okay!” Her voice could barely be heard echoing from the rumble.

I tried to move toward her location but the winds were pushing me the other way. I braced myself as the trees came into reach. But I got blinded by a flashing light belonging to some pink filly with curly hair. She was waving it around randomly.

I sneered in pain from the first hit. Bounced off some branches than some leaves. Finally, I landed on the ground with a hard thump. My basket landed on a tree branch before sliding down to me. I gripped it tightly and got up. I stared at the sky where the airship once was.

“That had to be so strong magic--” I was stopped at the sound of a growl and a red glow in the distance. Before I could reach it, the pink filly landed in front of me and flashed more light in my face. “Will you stop doing that?!” I found myself screaming at nothing. I turned around and found the source of the red glow.

“Afternoon,” he spoke rather awkwardly. I couldn’t care less how awkward this was for him. I was to busy jumping back in fear at the sight of the legendary King Sombra.

“Hello,” I nervously answered back.

“That was quite a bit of falling you did just now,” Sombra spoke so casually. I wasn’t sure if he was playing me for a fool. It was clear that he attacked the airship.

“Oh, you saw that,” I decided to play along.

“Yeah, that’s how gravity works. Trust me, I’ve had a few traps based around in my former castle.” He switched back to awkwardness.

“I'm not supposed to talk to strangers,” I laughed softly while attempting to back away.

“That’s a good call. Now, what are you doing up there in that big old airship?” Sombra leered down at my basket. “A very expensive ride just to deliver cat food.”

“I’m taking this to my granny!” I pulled the basket close to my chest.

“Granny? As in, Granny Golden Delicious?”

“How do you know her?” I raised an eyebrow.

“It is my job to keep an eye out for dangerous things.” He moved closer.

“My granny doesn’t do anything dangerous!” I accused him.

“Really, you don’t think there is something important I should ask you about her?” He got right up in my face.

“I don't think I should tell you that,” I tried to chuck the tension away.

“Sounds like you are both hiding something…” He laughed back.

“You ask a lot of questions, mister.”

“What can I say? I'm a curious stallion.” He placed his hoof on the basket. “Let’s see what's inside?”

“I'd rather you didn't know,” I knew this was going bad, even if he found out it was just cat food, I doubt it would end well for me.

Without warming, he roared at me and dark magic flared from his horn. I took this moment to bolt in the other direction. I ran as fast as I could, not caring how far he would chase me. I knew this adventure had gone too far. I was nowhere near ready to fight a monster that strong.

******

"That settles it," Captain Braeburn confirmed. "Sombra is our villain!"

"That only tells us he was at the crash," Blueblood argued. "It doesn't answer who caused the crash or who killed Thunderlane."

"But he was there. Shouldn't we be asking why?" Luster Dawn was just as curious.

"Yes," Blueblood smiled and leaned over the table. "However, this story is far from done isn't it?" He could plainly see the fear on Babs Seed's face wasn't from the monster of pure darkness chained down in the other room.

"... Yeah, you're right," She caved. "There was one final thing that happened before I arrived here?"

Author's Note:

Sorry, this came out so late, last week was such a pain on me. My body just refused to move and my mind refused to write. This week was better but a lot still happened.

Either way, I hope enjoyed this chapter and patiently wait for the finale of Babs Seed part of the story as we reach the part I have been waiting for the whole book for. The next chapter will be fun and epic.