• Published 30th May 2020
  • 960 Views, 42 Comments

Hoodwinked: The Pony Edition - Lighttone GryphonStar



You know the story or Little Red Riding Hood, now see it like you never had before, with ponies.

  • ...
4
 42
 960

Babs' POV (1/5): Leaving Home

It all started yesterday back in Manehatten. Applebloom had arrived to pick me up for some fun around town. This could only go so far as with my short-form I was unable to enjoy the more adult line life of that city. But we at least agree to drink some juice at a small dinner.

"So it's been hard stuck like this?" Appebloom often questioned.

"No, I like being dumped by pedos when they realize I'm not a child." I snarked back.

"Very funny? You've always had a bad taste in stallions anyway." Appleblood laughed.

"Really, this coming from the farmer dating a soldier/want-be-dancer, that's a far freaky combination--" I stopped at the strain in Applebloom's eyes.

"Actually, me and Tender Taps had our first fight this week." Applebloom was saddened by her own admission.

I raised a hoof to comfort her. "What happened?"

"Oh, there was this dance recital that Lil' Cheese told us about and he really wanted to go. But I told him guard duty comes first, especially after those strange attacks that have been happening with the Crystal Heart."

"Wait, he's guarding it with Thunderlane."

"Yeah... well at least he doesn't want to be. He's obsession can be so dangerous right now--" I stopped her explanation right there.

"You never saw his dancing as obsessive, you love that most about him." I was always terrible at kind words but I felt Applebloom needed to understand her misjudgments, or better yet. "It's just a deliver mission, right?"

"Yeah, from Crystal Empire to here and then to Ponyville." Applebloom's eyes lit up upon realizing what I was suggesting. "Wait, are you saying?"

"Yes, when he arrives I'll switch places with him and you two can enjoy that recital together."

"That's a brilliant idea... Wait a minute, won't Thunderlane notice the switch?"

"Not a chance," I laughed harder. "That stallion is dumber than a sack of bricks."

"This won't be a both for you?!" Applebloom wanted her concerns of the danger to be very clear.

"Of course, besides I have to deliver some cat food to Golden Delicious anyway," I assured her.

"Oh watch out, she is a crazy one--

******

"Hold on, hold on, hold on!" Braeburn barked aloud, interrupting the flashback leaving Babs Seed thoroughly annoyed. "You said it was Applebloom's idea to deliver the cat food."

"It... It was completely her idea?!" Babs Seed tried to correct herself.

"See!!" Sombra screamed from the other room. "She is a liar!! Don't listen to a single she said!" He was interrupted by another shock. Lightning Dust was taking much joy out of poking him with a cattle prong she found.

"It does seem rather strange for her to change her story so quickly?" Luster Dawn commented.

"Very true." Blueblood rubbed his chin and let his mind bubble with thoughts.

"Wait the basket holding the cat food..." Braeburn gave his own ponder aloud. "And the former King Sombra would most likely be here to steal..." He raised his hoof with shock only to quickly drop it in doubt.

Luster could easily see the same thing even his dim brain was seeing and could facehoof at the doubt the earth pony was having right now. "What does my godmother, Trixie, see in you?"

After a solid ten minutes, Braeburn shouted, "She's using the basket and the cat food to hide the stolen Crystal Heart!!"

"I did not steal the Crystal Heart!!" Babs Seed jumped from her chair and shouted back just as loud.

"She's lying!!" Sombra argued back only to be shocked again.

"Stop Lightning Dust, for once I agree with him..." Braeburn got right in Babs Seed's face and demanded answers.

A glow of magic pulled the two apart and sat Babs Seed back in her chair. Luster Dawn took a deep breath and cast a calming spell over both of them. "Take a moment please, as much as you need. Even if one of you was right," Luster Dawn moved her chair between them, "We have no idea where the basket even is right now let alone the Crystal Heart, the real target." As the two silently agreed Luster Dawn gave back control to Blueblood. "I'm sorry sir."

"It's okay, I am just reminded so well of why you are on this case." He rubbed her head. "just as brilliant as your mother and father."

"Don't, not in front of the suspects!" She barked back.

"Okay, okay," he laughed. Turning back to Babs Seed he presented control back to her. "Please continue your tale... but this time with a song."

"What? I'm not singing?!"

"You might as well." Luster Dawn rolled her eyes.

"Fine." Babs Seed gave a deep grumble of annoyance and took a moment to remember where she was and went back to the story. "I arrived late to guard duty thanks to some oddly placed falling pianos. Once there, things went from easy to very bumpy upon crashing into a certain pony."

"He said sing!!" Braeburn argued back.

Author's Note:

Yes, this series is back. I'm aiming for completing the entire Babs Seed section in four chapters. As for songs, I do have some throughout the book planned but I couldn't fit one in here. Maybe in part two.

Sorry, this one took so long, I've been busy with plenty of things especially recently since I live in Texas and had to deal with the massive blizzard that hit last month. I hope to bring you another chapter very soon.