• Published 30th May 2020
  • 959 Views, 42 Comments

Hoodwinked: The Pony Edition - Lighttone GryphonStar



You know the story or Little Red Riding Hood, now see it like you never had before, with ponies.

  • ...
4
 42
 959

Babs' POV (2/5): Rocky Meeting

Here's a song I hope gives you the feely
It's the one about the mare trapped as a filly
I know I'm tired of this old tale but it still right

I could never be rude or unkind even toward Twilight

But my sad song always played at the back of my mind
Oh, can someone show me a different day?
To make all this okay

Take me out of the form
Back to the great big adult world
You know I'm waiting for it
You know I'm waiting for it--

That's it I refuse to sing anymore as the chaos of this part of the story is in complete contrast with such a cheerful and happy song. Yes, chaos, raining from the sky as pianos, heavy boxes of catnip, cattle prongs, filing cabinets, and giant metal safes were falling from the sky around me at random while I made my way to the meeting point.

"Who the heck is dropping all this stuff?!" I dodged left and right, making my way to the airship. Normally I would take a train but, but Applebloom told me the Crystal Heart would be arriving by airship. She had already sent a message to Tender Taps ahead of time to ensure he would be ready. All I needed to do was be there. "Shit, shit, shit!" I rushed to catch the cat food as it shook out of my basket.

"Don't worry, I've got it!" The cheerful voice echoed from pink hair as it moved like it had a mind of its own.

The overly dramatic locks of hair picked up each piece with ease. The flowing mane belonged to none other than a yellow pony all-too-familiar to my eye. Her screeching voice matched her mother and her comedy bit matched her father. It was Lil Cheese.

"Thank you for your help." I took the cat food and hoped the cats would notice the hair as I placed it back in the basket.

"No problem at all, friend." Lil Cheese was willing to help anyone in need no matter the problem. "Where are you going in such a rush?"

"To make a simple delivery," I couldn't hide my sheepishness around such a cute little filly. Seriously, a combination of Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich was terrifying enough, but an offspring of such a union was even worse.

"It doesn't seem that simple," she pointed out the massive amount of debris behind me. "Be careful, I hear it's utter chaos right now." She made me notice her hair twitching erratically, "Just listen to the report they're giving." She twirled her hooves through her mane.

"Okay, okay!" I pushed her out of the way as a massive cart fell from the sky.

"Where's your delivery going anyway?" She was always ready to ask twenty thousand questions.

"Um, to Ponyville? Yes, I'm totally going to Ponyville, nowhere else." I backed away at her enlarging eye of suspicion.

"Hmm, okay. But, you better leave before the airship goes without you!" Her hoof stretched out like a big arrow.

"Oh no, oh no, oh no!" I rushed off to catch up with the airship. There were two airships on standby but I had no idea which one to get onto. Relying on Lil Cheese's concerns I decided to take the one that was already leaving.

*******

Babs Seed stopped her story as Blueblood held up his hoof as an idea popped in his head. His eyes traced over the room and back to Luster Dawn. The reporter for the princess was still taking down every possible note no matter the importance.

"Hmm, airships, cattle prongs, and catnip," Blueblood hummed his thoughts out loud hoping Luster Dawn would get his hints of importance.

"Right, right, right..." She wrote in big letters 'pointless details are pointless'.

"You should really distance yourself from your godmother's lines of thought," Blueblood pointed out. "As dense as Braeburn is, even he knows--" He was stopped at the sight of Braeburn torturing Sombra with a cattle prong. "Nevermind."

"Don't insult me in front of the suspects!" Luster Dawn barked back.

"I'm not, I'm just ensuring that all the facts are kept up to date."

"They are!" Luster Dawn pointed out that she wrote down every word that Babs Seed had said. This also included every gasped for air and halt for thoughts that Babs Seed took during the entire conversation.

"Oh, good. Just like your father." Blueblood smiled at her endeavor. He knew from working with that bearded unicorn father of her's that making her take smaller notes was near to impossible for her family. Though, it didn't help while having three brainiacs and one idiot raising her. He could only do so much. "I'm sorry for overstepping," he corrected himself before turning attention back to Babs Seed, "Please continue."

Author's Note:

Yeah, another short chapter, but one with a lot of details. While I'm still not in the flow of making constant chapters for this series, another chapter will be coming next month so be ready.